[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone had experience with Tikka rifles before? Specifically,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: tikka.png (19 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
tikka.png
19 KB, 1200x630
Anyone had experience with Tikka rifles before? Specifically, the Tikka T3x series.

I got mine recently and it seems quite accurate. After a bit, I could almost shoot hole-in-hole on 100m (109 yard).
>>
Most here consider Tikka rifles to be damn good for the money. Sub-MOA accuracy isn't a stretch for these rifles, and fit and finish is usually up to snuff.
>>
Take a look. Fun starts at 1:58 min.

https://youtu.be/20Fp239bERs
>>
>>29711911
Cold bore I'm touching my own holes at 200y or damn near close. It's a sub MOA gun from the factory. Mine is in 30 06, so I can shoot surplus AP if I ever needed too.
>>
>>29711911
If I were to go out and buy a new bolt gun right now, it would be a Tikka.

They're quality and accuracy cannot be beaten in that price range.
>>
Tikka is quite possibly the best value in bolt guns on the market

It's not as good as a Sako, and nowhere near multi-thousand dollar guns like Surgeon, but for guns you can find between 500 and 1000 all day long, you cannot justify buying something like a Remington 700
>>
My 308 t3 lite does .4 moa with handloads using 165 sst, and imr 4064.

Sd is a little high though, so I need to get some varget or viva and work up a long range load.
>>
>>29715622
Tikka is made in the same factory as Sakos. marketed as the 'entry level sako'. stupidly good for the money. Here in NZ, it blows remington and savage out of the water for out of the box capabilites and on price
>>
so what's the thing about T3 stock's aluminum lugs shearing off?
>>
>>29711911
70° bolt lift
Super smooth bolt throw
Quality OEM barrel
Growing aftermarket
Can be found new for $500-$550 for some models

It's what a budget firearm should be.
>>
>>29713326
Fuck. Not op but That just convinced me to get one
>>
Does the Tikka T3 Lite barrel heat up and reduce accuracy much?
>>
>>29717996
Havent had it happen to me. In theory its plausible, but 20 bucks and you get a steel one.
>>
>>29718301
Yeah, slightly. Its more of a poi shift, it will still drill the same holes, but not where your cold bore zero is at. Usually starts at around 10 rounds for me. To the right by about 1 moa. Not a biggy, i can slow down (which for long range I take my time anyways) or if im at a 100 yard range I just hold over by an inch after its been warmed up.
>>
>>29711911
My first was a T3 deluxe, never had a problem. 10 years, ~200 shot a year, no issues and still doing matchbox-sized groups at 200m.
>>
>>29711911
I have the T3 CTR. Absolutely amazing rifle. Put on bags I can punch out 0.5" groups with 168gr Sierra MatchKings.
>>
>>29711911
My Tikka T3 Lite Stainless is a way better shot than I am. Love it to death.
>>
>>29717996
It has never happened. Or atleast nobody bothered to write the factory about it.
The aluminium block does get fairly deep marks in it on bigger calibers and it might look scary to some people. That's why T3x has a steel one. Simply to put customers minds at ease.
There are several cases of people messing up the re-assembly of T3's by not seating the recoil block correctly into the cutout in the receiver. Shooting the gun in this condition wil damage the stock, propably snap one or both action screws and gouge fuck out of the recoil block in a way that might look like it has failed.
>>
>>29717809
I really want a T3 lite in 7mm08 with a Gunworks suppressor after shooting my old man's one. Shit was cash.

>tfw you can't afford to choose all three of /out/ hobbies, /k/ hobbies and your family's financial goals
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.