[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Breaking: Japanese test homegrown stealth jet!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: rtx24jsg.jpg (2 MB, 5412x3690) Image search: [Google]
rtx24jsg.jpg
2 MB, 5412x3690
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/23/asia/japan-first-stealth-fighter-jet-airplane/

So, the Japanese have joined the likes of the US, China and Russia in having developed their very own home engineered stealth fighter!

Is Japan preparing to engage china in the south sea, or perhaps considering amending their constitution to grow their own expansionist military?

Time will tell, but for now, how about we discuss the technical details and practical applications of the new Japanese aircraft?
>>
>>29710353

Nobody?
>>
>>29710353
its a technology demonstrator with no weapons bays and a highly placeholder engine.

technical details are pretty meaningless.
>>
Already a thread about this.

Though, does this mean Japan is officially rearming?
>>
>>29710405

It's a sign of things to come, I think.

It looks like they might - finally - be rearming and showing that they haven't been completely defanged.

This is a good thing, let's hope by 2025 they won't need US protection, save us some money.
>>
>>29710417
so, the US is finally weakening
the fall of the empire has begun to show
>>
>>29710417
>This is a good thing, let's hope by 2025 they won't need US protection, save us some money.

fucking lel

Even with the US help right now, defending Japan is a questionable concept
>>
>>29710353
Giant robots soon.
On a more serious note, as >>29710391 stated, it doesn't mean anything in the big scheme of things. Not only they can't make the real deal due to losing the war, they also are lacking some critical parts to make it a stealth fighter jet (engine is key on those motherfuckers) plus the fact there's no weapons bay or anything on it which would force a complete redesign on the fuselage.

I would honestly be happy if they were able to rearm and defend themselves. Sadly treaties made in the past will keep preventing them.
>>
>>29710405
>Though, does this mean Japan is officially rearming?
No, but the fact that Japan has had a world's top ten military budget since forever does.
>>
>>29710353
>>29696726
>>
>>29710520
Europe is too much overrated
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.