[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I have two garands, is it acceptable to do this to one of them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: sag_ebr_stock-tfb.jpg (195 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
sag_ebr_stock-tfb.jpg
195 KB, 900x675
If I have two garands, is it acceptable to do this to one of them?
>>
Go for it, who gives a shit.
>>
>>29710247
No.
Would you care for me to visit the corvette meuseum with a spray paint can?
If you want tacticool stuff, get an AR or something else modern.
>>
>>29710299 is a faggot telling you to stop liking things he doesn't like. It's your time, money, and gun anon by all means you want to do it do it
>>
>>29710247
As long as you don't sacrifice any of the original parts to do it and can return it to its original configuration at any time, sure. Why not?
>>
>>29710310
Damn right I am.

And like I said, would you care for me (or someone else) to visit the corvette museum, or any other museum for that matter, with a bunch of cans of soray paint because lolneedstacticalpaintlol?
No.
Because it's fucking stupid.
It's also a whole hell of a lot easier to get an AR or something else than do that awful ass shit to a Garand.
>>
>>29710247
You can do whatever the fuck you want with your own guns. Make sure to post images on /k/ to trigger the autists.
>>
Why not? You're not hurting it. It's just a stock you drop the rifle into. If you ever wanted it back in wood all you'd have to do is take it out of that stock and into the original wood.
>>
>>29710333
is it your gun? no? take it in the ass
>>
>>29710411
>this
I will sperg a little if I see cut original furniture but I can get the fuck over it
>>
>>29710333
I guarantee 10 bucks that his two garands are repro's anyway, so who gives a shit?
>>
>>29710333
Okay see, the difference is that they are both his.If someone had owned a corvette the same shit would apply. If he starts to do it to someone else's shit, then it's a problem.

But you're basically the anti-abortion of guns.

"It's your gun, but I want you to do what I want with it because feelings"

Way to be that fag.
>>
>>29710247
.... My god... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?
>>
File: m14.png (26 KB, 512x256) Image search: [Google]
m14.png
26 KB, 512x256
>>29710247

i think its neat, its basically an m14 ebr with an en bloc clip, i dont see why everyone loses their shit over it.

that being said, tactical/black/aluminium stocks arent my cup of tea
>>
>>29711274
M-14 shoots .308
M-1 shoots 30-06
Big difference in the two roundS
>>
>>29710247
Yes. They're your guns, do whatever the fuck you want to an ubiquous rifle
>>
>>29711297

its more or less the same action though
>>
>>29711297
>Big difference in the two roundS
Not really though.
>>
>>29710247
No. It would be acceptable to give me your second Garand, however
>>
>>29710247
If it's not original production, sure.
>>
>>29710247
no
>>
>>29710247
It's a fucking drop in stock. Do it if you have only one garand if you want.
>>
>>29711297
No not at all.

The .30-06 was replaced by a shortened .30-06 that had equivalent power due to modern powder/manufacturings

Its called the .308
>>
>>29711493
Autism time.
the m1 has a narrow window of operating pressure/gas impulse in which it can happily live. This restricts the power capacity of the 30-06 loads. If you are comparing millitary load data, the gap between 30/06 and 308 is quite narrow. In modern bolt actions however, the max psi is the same and you can use whatever powder you want as long as the psi stays below max. here the 30-06 has a significant edge over the 308, especially when using bullets over 165 grains in weight.

TL;DR 308 and 30.08 are the same.
true in military semi-autos not true in bolt actions.
even more not true when reloading for bolt actions.
>>
>>29710247
Why would you want to?
>>
>>29711297
You can shoot 308 in an m1 garand chambered in 30-06 without ill effects. The cases will unneck when they are fired though.
>>
>>29711615
>TL;DR 308 and 30.08 are the same.
now aint that a fail if I ever seen one.....
>wrong on all accounts
>>
>>29711615
You can shoot super hot loads of 30-06 in a M1garand you just have to remove the gas plug or get an adjustible plug. That or eventually you will break the oprod and have to shell out around 100$ for a new one.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.