[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
K31 in 7.62 NATO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: tgtK31b-1.jpg (43 KB, 1023x679) Image search: [Google]
tgtK31b-1.jpg
43 KB, 1023x679
Hey /k/,

If someone made a new manufacture version of the Swiss K31 in .308/7.62 NATO, gave it a detachable box magazine, synthetic stock and a 1913 rail, <1 MOA out of the box, and sold it for ~$1300, would you want one?
>>
Just fucking buy the M1A you fag.
>>
>>29709572
No.

If i want a good 308 rifle without history i take a Remington.

If i want a good 308 rifle with history i take a rechambered K31.

1300$ is expensive as fuck
>>
>>29709572
1300?

Maybe if you add really good target sights, throw some detachable mags in, new production stripper clips and beautiful wood and blueing...

Maybe.
>>
>>29709572
it can be converted but it will cost you just not $1300.
>>
>>29709572
>K31
><1moa
laughingsluts.jpg
>>
>>29709643
>1300
>expensive
Lad...

But serious. India made lee enfolds in .308 and can be had for about $500
If you want 1moa, get a savage hog hunter or scout for about 600
>>
>>29709643
>Remington
>good anymore
Nope nope nope. But a Winchester, Tikka, Sako, Howa, even Savage is better.
>>
File: K31-Sports.jpg (4 MB, 2346x1056) Image search: [Google]
K31-Sports.jpg
4 MB, 2346x1056
They already exist here in Switzerland. Well not really newly manufactured but they put new .308 barrels on it and sell these guns for around 1k.
>>
Yes, I would want one, but blue and wood, screw these dudes. What if I don't want a cheap rifle , sure savage can get that accuracy but they are cheap.
>>
>>29709683
1300 is expensive for a K31.
Whether you want it or not
>>
>>29709572
I don't think you understand what the primary appeal of the K31 is/was. They WERE a $100 gun you could pick up and reasonably expect 1 MOA with commonly found (and cheap) match grade ammo. None of those conditions now exist. They're over $500 (and climbing) and GP11 is not common or cheap as it used to be.
>>
There are new straight pull rifles in .308, with detachable magazine and rail starting at 2000€ and they sell rather poorly anywhere without arbitrary semi-auto rifle restrictions.

Also, you will not reproduce the K31 action in acceptable quality at 1300$, no way.
>>
>>29709572
No.

Buy the milsurp and stock up on GP11 when you can.

When the GP11 dries up just get privi or other factory made 7.5 swiss and reload like you would with any other snowflake rifle round.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.