[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Charter Arms revolvers any good? Would you carry one of these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
Are Charter Arms revolvers any good? Would you carry one of these?
>>
>>29709441
I found a fucked up one in a ditch by my house once
>>
File: 1412814531645.jpg (175 KB, 403x489) Image search: [Google]
1412814531645.jpg
175 KB, 403x489
my old boss carries one and swears by it. He loads it with .44 Special wadcutters because he thinks it'll cut nice little circles in people. And this guy owns dozens of nice Smiths and Colts. I don't think he's ever used it besides the time he pulled it on a nigger in Buffalo and made him shit his pants.
>>
bamp
>>
File: 20150819_135405.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150819_135405.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
Be careful with Charter Arms, OP. They've gone through two bankruptcies since they started out and each time they re-opened their quality has changed. The best quality was from 1965-1980s, before their first bankruptcy. You can tell this by the manufacture location on the barrel, it should say "Stratford, Conn." I have a Bulldog from '84 that I still will carry as my EDC, I love it. The next reincarnation of the company was Charter 2000, and they turned out absolute trash. Usually these guns are stainless steel and have "Shelton, Conn" as their manufacture location. The last version is the current one, and I keep hearing different things about them. On one hand, I've heard they're pretty OK, and on the other, I've heard that they explode when fired. One thing I can say is they're the only company that is making new .32 H&R mag and .44 special DA revolvers today, take that how you will. You can tell the new ones by their satin finish, weird color pallets, and being rated for +P.
>>
The newer charter arms guns strike me as a carry piece you can use in self defense and not get upset when it gets locked away in an evidence locker for eternity.
>>
>>29709441
They're ok. Probably the cheapest gun I'd be comfortable carrying.

Also they are one of the few, of not only current gun manufacturers that makes a revolver with a cylinder that swings out to the right for left handed shooters.

Also their humpback Model 38 copy is nice. I like humpback revolvers that can still be shot SA
>>
File: index.jpg (39 KB, 721x539) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
39 KB, 721x539
>>29709441
I own a 1980 charter arms undercover, i like mine alot. I will give you some pros and cons

pros
>solid frame(they have a solid frame making them stronger than a S&W)
>pretty good value for what you get
>fantastic locking system(once you pull the trigger he cylinder isnt going anywhere)
>ergonomic are good
>arguably the best sites of all pocket revolvers.
>pretty good accuracy(for a small revolver)
>good trigger, no wall just a smooth trigger pull and bang.

cons
>not all are +p
>the solid lock up means they have a stiff cylinder and you cant push it out with a finger.(but this can be fixed by adjusting a screw and making it like butter)
>hammer block sites slightly, but just slightly(they are still visible).

If you go for an older model(which is fine because they did a nice bluing) just be sure what year and do research.>>29712056 he is right they did have some issues during bank bankruptcies. There is alot of data on what are good years to buy.

Interesting facts
>A Charter Arms undercover was used to kill john lennon
>Son of Sam, the murder used a 44 bulldog by charter arms.

pic related its mine(a little wear)
>>
File: DSCN0035.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0035.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>29709441
I bought one because I'm poor and it was the cheapest gun they had in the shop. Haven't shot it yet though.

>and they turned out absolute trash. Usually these guns are stainless steel and have "Shelton, Conn" as their manufacture location

Well fuck I got the shitty one.
>>
>>29715968
What's wrong with it? Cylinder wobble?
>>
File: sonofsam7a-12-web.jpg (31 KB, 400x596) Image search: [Google]
sonofsam7a-12-web.jpg
31 KB, 400x596
>>29710142
Are you me?
>>
>>29715968
Same one I bought
Cracked the frame after 100 rounds of +P
>>
>>29716091
Nothing as far as I can tell. This is my first revolver so I could be wrong.
>>
>>29716471
that is what happens when you put +p through a non plus p revolver.
>>
>>29709441
There's no reason to buy a $300 5 non +p revolver when you can buy a $250 6 non +p revolver from a better company
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 1200x608) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 1200x608
>>29717827
Fuck forgot pic related
>>
>>29715968
The whole thing looks casted. How's it shoot?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.