[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Nugget?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: angled_m39_3.png (147 KB, 579x296) Image search: [Google]
angled_m39_3.png
147 KB, 579x296
If I only get one nugget, should it be one of these:
https://www.classicfirearms.com/finnish-m39-mosin-nagant-rifle-762x54r-sako-mfg
>>
>>29705409
Yes
>>
It should actually be a 28-76, but an M39 would be much, much easier to find.
>>
File: 0001.jpg (66 KB, 3467x506) Image search: [Google]
0001.jpg
66 KB, 3467x506
>>29705409
My first Mosin will either be an M39, or an 1891 model LONG rifle.
>>
>>29705409
>If I only get one nugget, should it be one of these:

Yes.
>>
>>29705409
Yup
Luckily they haven't really gone up in price much
>>
File: unnamed.png (604 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
604 KB, 700x700
>>29705493
>>
File: 1458703918359.jpg (80 KB, 846x846) Image search: [Google]
1458703918359.jpg
80 KB, 846x846
>>29706788
>tfw unemployed at the moment and broke
>>
File: m39right.jpg (169 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
m39right.jpg
169 KB, 800x600
>>29705409
My only Nugget is an M39.

I lucked out and got a pimpin' stock on it.
>>
>>29705409
Not OP here

I've thought of getting a stripped reciever and building a mosin from the ground up to have something kinda cool.

Any clue on what would be the best barrel length to shoot really hot 54r out of?
>>
>$400 for a Mosin

FUCK

THAT

NOISE
>>
>>29707715
Mosin time is over. They're now collectors items like Springfield M1903s and Arisakas and Lee Enfields. There are still cheap SKSes fucking everywhere at that price.
>>
>>29707897
I bought a Mosin in great condition and with all the accessories for $275 two weeks ago. They're not $400 but yeah not as cheap anymore.
>>
>>29707897
>>29708076
Is this because of the issues with Russia, or the supply dwindling?

I sure wish I had gotten some 54r before all this.
>>
>>29708082
>Is this because of the issues with Russia, or the supply dwindling?
A little of both really. 54r is 100% totally about sanctions since there are a bunch of Slavs still cranking it out today.
>>
>>29707715
$400 for a good mosin, not a typical russian one. Can you read?
>>
>>29705409
>$400 dollary doos
At that price point no, not really. You can get a new production rifle with better aftermarket and cheaper ammo, but as they say it's your money.
>>
>>29705409
The Nugget is dead, long live the Nugget. If you haven't bought one already it's too late.

>rifle cost more than a 10/22
>ammo cans cost more than the rifle

NOW IS THE TIME OF AR
>>
>>29708224

M4's/m16's are junk and crashing in price, nobody wants them anymore so gotta drop the price.
>>
>>29708082
The supply has been depleted.

Most Nuggets in America came from Ukraine, who if they haven't run out of them yet, are probably holding onto them just in case they need to bubba up thousands of "sniper" rifles to fuck with seppies.
Chinese and Russian nuggets are probably not going to ever get imported in mass again due to various legal reasons.
I'd imagine Romania, Poland, and Hungary probably still have bounties of Nuggets on hand, since I'm not aware of mass quantities of any of the three having been imported, or any of the countries going on a wholesale nugget-crushing spree.

Finland, meanwhile, ran out of M39s ages ago. Classic's stockpile was bought out from Pat Burns, who had imported something like the last 20k rifles, and was selling them out of her collection as C&R for the last decade.
My understanding is that the creme of the crop has already been sold by Pat. I personally got an unissued "B"-barrel for $300 or so and a ~75% blue 1942 VKT on an antique 1896 Tula reciever for $260, both with hang tags about five years ago, both are absolute tack drivers.
Pat back then, if you're unfamiliar, listed each rifle individually on her site, each with pictures of the action, the stock, and the bore.

The M39's great, but $400+ sight-unseen for Pat's leftovers strikes me as a bad deal.
Empire Arms frequently has M39s listed individually, and they usually ask less than what Classic's asking, even for antique receivers.
>>
>>29708282

Russia has no more Mosins, they destroyed over 4 million brand new AKM's RPK-74'S, SKS'S a few years ago, I highly doubt the mosins were spared.
>>
>>29708298
>whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
>>
>>29708238
WHAT DID I JUST SAY
>>
>>29708298
So that leaves China, which is off the table for imports unless the status quo changes, and Poland/Hungary/Romania, all of which have exported Nuggets in the past - but not in massive fuck-off quantities like the Ukies, which makes me think they probably still have more knocking around.

Also, the former Yugoslavia. Those fuckers hoard everything, and they did plenty of rearsenaling just like the Ukes. I can't imagine why they wouldn't have shat Mosins all over the market at the same time as SKSes, though.
>>
>>29708282
It was actually closer to 30k, and they didn't import them, they bought them from the importers like century and TGI.
>>
>>29705409
>$400
I like my mosin a lot. I would never sell it, and I shoot it pretty regularly.
I would never fucking pay that much money for one though.
>>
File: -k- Shows Off New Mosin.jpg (48 KB, 500x362) Image search: [Google]
-k- Shows Off New Mosin.jpg
48 KB, 500x362
>>29705409
yes, but classic is being kikes about their alleged condition. my "NRA very good" VKT is pretty rough looking (far better than a chink m38 mind you) compared to my unrefurbished finnish m91 but is the best goddamn shooting nugget I've ever shot. The trigger has takeup but not the stacking of a 91-30 and a clean uniform break.
>>
>Already bought a regular M91/30 ruskie model for $270
>Got money for this

Should I buy it or no?

Whats the difference between Finnish shit and ruskie stuff?
>>
>>29708414
No.
>>
>>29708342
>tfw trump makes good deals with the chinese and millions of nuggets pour into the US at $89.99 along with boxcars of .05cpr chink 54r
>>
>>29708431
>a flood of Norinco M14s cause Springfield to git gud and either improve their quality or drop their prices
>suddenly ARs are back to being tacticool wannabe guns again
>>
>>29708414
yes

>whats the difference
everything

longer length of pull, asininely better trigger, accurized barrels, and some extra heft=well shouldering tack driver nugget with fun but not nugget tier recoil.
>>
>>29708414
They're nice, but you're a retard with your money if you thought $270 for a plain jane 91/30 was a good deal, and $400 for Classic to jew you with their worst M39s on hand unless you pay more $$$ to handpick one isn't any better.

Finn M39s are in a class above Russian M39s, though.

It's like comparing a Swedish Mauser to a Yugo, or a German VW to a Mexican VW. Better fit, better finish, better trigger. The bolt on one of mine rings like a tuning fork when you open it.
>>
>>29708400

She died pretty honorably

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roza_Shanina
>>
>>29708303

Outdated weaponry, Russia doesn't give AK's to anyone who asks anyone like they did in the 60's.

http://www.firearmsnews.com/uncategorized/russia-to-destroy-4-million-guns/
>>
>>29708444
How do you suggest people nowadays get a Finnish nugget then if the only good stock has dried up and only new swill is currently circulating among gun dealers charging said exorbitant prices?
>>
>>29708508

Gun broker/ secondary market

The M39's classic has will be the last batch of dealer offered M39's ever, Pat burns bought ALL of Finland's arsenal of m39's over a decade ago, there are none left to import.
>>
>>29708524
Okay

What price do you suggest one pay for a decent, subpar or even a great conditioned M39?
>>
>>29708539
I'd say $400 for a 95%+ rifle, $300 for an average condition shooter, and priced similarly or slightly premium to a run of the mill 91/30 for anything with a poor bore.

This is assuming it's just a run of the mill VKT or Sako on a non-antique receiver. Straight stocks, B-barrels, Sneaks, and all the shit interesting to collectors should command a higher price.
>>
>>29708600
>>29708600
thanks for the info brah
>>
what about an sks instead /k/
>>
>>29708603
No problem, good luck with the hunt.

Empire Arms lists individual M39s relatively often. Their prices tend to run a little bit higher than they should, but you get to pick the individual rifle for your money, and they have antique receiver rifles pretty often too - the premium they charge for them is pretty fair, if you care about obummer spying on your FFL transfers. Besides, getting a rifle delivered to your door with no C&R required is great, and you save a few bucks on the transfer.

Else, Gunbroker and the other auction sites are your best bet. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for one to show up at your local fun store, unless they happen to be real milsurp enthusiasts.

I'm wondering how Classic is handling antique receivers. I doubt Pat took every stock off to check the tang date, so there's gotta still be some in the lot, but I don't see Classic offering an upsell for antiques. Makes me wonder if they're saving them for later, or if some lucky buyers will end up with antiques for no extra charge.
>>
how much would a tiger stripe m39 run me?
>>
>>29708671
Everyone has a hard on for tiger stripe.
In other words, a lot.

That said, most M39s I've seen have had very nice wood grain, and probably close to half have shown at least a little bit of tiger stripe - ironically it's usually the perfect condition post-war stocks that have the least striping (and a bleh matte finish too, compared to the nice luster of the wartime stocks)
>>
>>29708658
>I'm wondering how Classic is handling antique receivers. I doubt Pat took every stock off to check the tang date, so there's gotta still be some in the lot, but I don't see Classic offering an upsell for antiques. Makes me wonder if they're saving them for later, or if some lucky buyers will end up with antiques for no extra charge.
some people have reported popping off the stocks an finding pre 1899 receivers

the man hours to check aren't worth the slight premium they could get over the LAST EVAR MUH HAND SELECT MUH SAKO prices they're already charging. I haven't checked mine either because getting the barrel bands off is a pain in the ass.
>>
>>29708628
Classic is selling Yugos by the crate.
>>
>>29708762
>Pre-1899
>Slight premium

They could probably easily charge $600+ for antiques and make a killing off of preppers, if nobody else.

MUH OBUMMER
MUH JEWLLUMINATI GUN CONFISCATION
MUH NO BACKGROUND CHECK

Also the barrel bands literally take just a little bit of wiggling to get off. What happens more often is:

>Disassemble rifle
>Fondle all the pieces
>Reassemble rifle
>Huh, what's this little square piece with the threaded hole in the middle?
>Fuck, it holds the cleaning rod in place
>Re-disassemble rifle
>Re-reassemble rifle
>>
>>29708799
>They could probably easily charge $600+ for antiques and make a killing off of preppers, if nobody else.
they really don't go for that much because people that retarded don't research laws. look at the pre 1899 section of gunbroker and you mostly find pinfire revolvers and sears catalog specials in 32s&w for 2-400 dollarydoos and rare real shit like colt revolvers going for a shitload of cash.

>look through literal trailers worth of rifles for a sub 1899 mark
>worth it
if you found one you could post it for shekels, but the 20 hours of rifle field stripping to find a few gems mathematically isn't worth it over just selling them 95% passively besides shipping the rifles to FFLs
>>
>>29708712
>everyone has a hard on for tiger stripe
yeah, that's pretty much the only reason I want a M39, or a nugget at all

so classic is selling random ones for $400. would $500-600 get me a tiger stripe? that's probably as high as I'd like to go
>>
>>29708342
here's hoping that we see exports out of southern Slavland soon, they may be the last bastion of milsurp, barring some /k/ommandos buying ancient tooling and cranking shit out
>>
>>29709223
> barring some /k/ommandos buying ancient tooling and cranking shit out
That would be the best possible use for the Nugget Enterprises name, and the Moist Nugget product name.
>>
>>29709232
I honestly wonder what it would take to get the tooling/schematics from Tula
>>
>>29708282
They way pat was selling them was much better desu. Sad to see her sell out to the jews
>>
>>29707465
Someone did a study on this and found you only lose about 50ft/sec per inch you remove, but that might vary depending on powder used.

I like my ~27 in barrel on my M39 because of the long-sight radius, the inertia (easy to hold the rifle steady), weight (recoil on hot loads is no problem), and since muzzle-blast makes me flinch having the muzzle so far from my face makes the gun really pleasant to shoot. There's very little flash. Picking a barrel length is just a matter of compromise, not much different than picking a barrel for 30-06. A light 54r sporter will kick harder and sound louder & might be harder to shoot as accurately.

>>29705409
I have an M39 and love it. You should slug the barrel to be sure of the exact caliber, but for most .311 bullets are about right. Lapua makes very nice ones.
>>
Mosins are straight up trash.

Why wouldn't you just save up and buy a good rifle
>>
>>29711173
Op here. I aspire to have a Curio and relic collection. I'm told there are three ancestors to all bolt actions. 1. Mauser 2. Lee Enfield 3. Mosin Nagant. I have M48 Mauser, so that leaves the other two at minimum. Based on thread I think I'll wait for a good one, possibly antique reciever to pop up on empire arms.
>>
The best mosin is the one you don't buy.

Get something else.
>>
>>29711289
3 Ancestors?
Pretty much all modern bolt rifles are based off the mauser action or a derivative of it. Enfield died with the ishapores and the mosin nagant with the type 53
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.