[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
/meg/- Military Enlistment General

Nuke is a meme meme edition
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857

Ask questions, get advice from retards on how to lie on the poly, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor, just keep it in this general.
Use the IRC pussies
>>
>>29700270
its the fast attack ones, the boomers, and the retrofitted boomers
>>
>>29700955
submitted my waiver for JAG review today, wish me luck bros. should know by Wednesday or Thursday. after that, ASVAB+DLAB/MEPS, cant wait
>>
>>29701007
I've spoken with a few guys about boomers vs fast attack. With boomers you're on a set schedule and a lot of married men crew them as they get to know when they'll be gone. Fast attacks often get attached to carrier groups or are given special missions. If you're single and like to be on a changing schedule then go fast attack.
>>
File: America bitch.jpg (433 KB, 2100x1400) Image search: [Google]
America bitch.jpg
433 KB, 2100x1400
Trying to decide between Cav Scouts and Psyops right now.

Opinions?
>>
>>29701360
Psyop isn't available as an initial entry MOS unless you're going part-time.

So...problem solved.
>>
>>29701388
Oh, well okay.

Thank you!
>>
>>29701360
Cav scout into PSYOPS later. You can't join as PSYOPS. Do a few years as a cav scout and then drop your packet. Keep in mind, cav scout is the stupidest MOS that still deserves any respect, so you will be surrounded by morons.
>>
>>29701431
>cav scout is the stupidest MOS that still deserves any respect

What do you mean?
>>
>>29701007
Oh also, I'm not 100% on this but I don't believe boomers get to visit foreign ports.
>>
35S/N/F/M if you want any chance or doing cool guy shit? there was an anon talking about Tiger Teams and SOT-A a few threads back, how do i get into that?
>>
File: rq-11.jpg (560 KB, 1906x1340) Image search: [Google]
rq-11.jpg
560 KB, 1906x1340
How do I get to do this?

Do I have to do 11B, 13F or 15W?

*as far as I know 15W only uses the bigger drones. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>29701460
>>29701261
i'd like to visit other ports but i do like having a strict schedule and get really bent when it deviates
>>
>>29701648
You should probably try and go boomer then. As a nuke I'm probably going to try boomer as well because I plan to do my traveling while on leave anyway.
>>
>>29701558
11 series or 19D.

suck EVERY dick. every last one, get 300 PT, get high ASVAB, suck more dicks, dont quit now theres still some dicks to suck

once youre done sucking dick after sweaty dick sucking PT to earn your 300, maybe, if you give really good head, they'll send you to raven school.

then you get to never use it ever
>>
File: feels.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
>>29701732
>>
>>29701807
build paper planes in your free time, anon
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
Hey /k/ I'm interested in becoming a US Army tanker are there anyone here that went through the program and or went into combat tell me some experiences that you had during your time I the military
>>
>>29701866
amazing machines, never heard a good thing about the fuckers inside of them
>>
File: 1445156721251.png (192 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
1445156721251.png
192 KB, 500x358
>Need to shave off 3 1/2 minutes off my 2 miles time to reach minimum for final BT PT test
>still need to lose like 50 lbs, will probably still be over acceptable BMI % and have to resort to tape test
>Randy-tier gut

JUST
>>
>>29702054
and they let you in?
>>
>>29701675
when do you ship? who knows maybe we'll be on the same sub or at least in powerschool together
>>
>>29702068
No I'm trying to get ready. BT would probably kill me at this point.
>>
>>29702079
Currently October but I'm trying my hardest to have the date moved up after my clearance goes through
>>
Which has the easier BMT between Army and Air Force? I've been offered a cupcake office MOS in each.
>>
>>29701472
do i have to wait till nighttime to hear from SOT-A anon?
>>
>>29702427
air force
>>
Informative things the Air Force will teach you

Ethical Leadership: This sub-competency requires the ability to promote Air Force Core Values through goals, actions, and referent behaviors and to develop trust and commitment through words and actions. It also requires the ability to hold others accountable for their areas of responsibility and personal actions, while maintaining checks and balances on self and others.
b. Followership: This sub-competency requires a comprehension of the essential role of followership in mission accomplishment, while providing unbiased advice. It also requires the ability to align priorities and actions toward chain of command guidance for mission accomplishment. Finally, it requires the ability to exercise flexibility and to adapt quickly to alternating role as leader/follower.
c. Warrior Ethos: This sub-competency requires the ability to demonstrate a hardiness of spirit despite physical and mental hardships – moral and physical courage, continuously hones skills to support the employment of military capabilities, display of military/executive bearing, self-discipline, and self-control.
d. Develops Self: This sub-competency requires the ability to assess one’s self in order to identify personal strengths and developmental needs. It also requires the abilities of seeking and incorporating feedback on one’s performance; of being fully aware of one’s personal impact on others, of continually increasing breadth and depth of knowledge and skills, and of developing life-long learning habits.

>why does this sound like a cult pamphlet
>>
File: Air Force Academy Chapel.jpg (168 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
Air Force Academy Chapel.jpg
168 KB, 720x480
>>29702549
The Air Force can teach you all about the The Innovation Value Continuum.

Innovative thinking from an organizational standpoint can be simplified using The Innovation Value Continuum.
Efficiency Innovation focuses on identifying new ideas for improving what already exists. This approach requires minimal investment since the team is building on the past and only looking for small changes to what is currently being done. These innovations are lower-impact improvements or adaptations of an organization’s existing products, services, programs, or processes. The strategy for Efficiency Innovations is usually to cut costs, reduce cycle time, improve quality, offset a competitor’s move, or attract new customers. Typically, only small gains are realized.
 Evolutionary Innovation focuses on identifying ideas that represent something “distinctly new and improved.” An example of an Evolutionary Innovation is the introduction of automatic banking machines that transformed the way banks viewed their staffing needs and shifted banking from set hours to banking at any hour. Evolutionary Innovation requires the team to look more broadly than cost-savings initiatives and see the “bigger picture” of what is really needed in the organization.

Instead of duplicating what already exists, the team must look for new ways to bring value to the organization and its customers through new and improved products, services, and processes which can change the way customers relate to the organization or the way work is processed within the organization.
 Revolutionary Innovation focuses on radically new and better ideas that may dismantle the existing structure of the organization. For example, McDonald’s fast-food approach changed the restaurant business. Disney’s unique characters and interactive theme parks changed the entertainment business. MP3 technology revolutionized the music sales industry.
>>
File: annoyed and disappointed.jpg (122 KB, 1280x508) Image search: [Google]
annoyed and disappointed.jpg
122 KB, 1280x508
>>29702566
>>29702549
None of this means anything.

Literally everything you typed doesn't mean anything. If anyone uses a term like "Evolutionary Innovation", they should kill themselves immediately.
>>
>>29702549
>>29702566
Was not aware there were actually shills here
>>
>>29702624
My friend, I think you need some ADAPTIVE THINKING in your life.

The term adaptive thinking refers to the cognitive behavior one demonstrates when confronted by unanticipated circumstances during the execution of a planned activity (i.e. military operation). The skilled adaptive thinker is able to make adjustments within his or her plan to either exploit the advantage or minimize the damage of the unanticipated event by adapting to the conditions for a more successful outcome. Developing adaptive thinking does not occur in controlled, predictable, or calm reflective environments. Rather, it occurs in complex, challenging, and often stressful situations and requires deliberate practice and repetition. Deliberate practice differs from simply exercising a skill or ability in that deliberate practice involves.
>>
>>29702432
http://www.shadowspear.com/vb/threads/sota.1845/
>>
>>29701866
You'll have fun.
Probably get sent over to Kuwait, Korea, or Europe for a little bit.
There are no Tanks in Afghanistan right now for the Army so don't expect a pretty patch unless you deploy without them.
Gunnery is the Superbowl of Tanking. Pay attention and learn as much about the Tank as you can. It definitely shows.
The Army is what you make of it. Have fun and Good Luck.
>>
>>29702283
i would have to go through ocs so by then i might be in power school unless my clearance hasnt gone through yet
>>
>trying to enlist
>everything squared away, 97 on ASVAB
>Just waiting on an Army doctor to review some paperwork about a surgery I had a year ago before I go to MEPS
>Waited 2 weeks
>Told the documentation was insufficient today
>Not able to get to the surgeons office to get more detailed paperwork till Monday
>gunna take two more weeks after that for another review
Fuck, im already 21, I just want this process to move along
I've missed like 12 hours of work just to go to meetings with my recruiter and am gunna have to take 2 days off for MEPS, this better work out bros
>>
>>29703044
Hope it works out for you, I had to to take a bunch of time off work to make it to meps too
>>
>>29701558

Ravens are absolutely useless, anon. A $200 "drone" from Best Buy is better.
>>
File: Travis Haley.jpg (41 KB, 508x442) Image search: [Google]
Travis Haley.jpg
41 KB, 508x442
Are Marine Raiders 03-series?
>>
>>29701472

During AIT: Do well in PT, do well in class, ask.
>>
>>29703174
A United States Marine Corps Critical Skills Operator (CSO) is a member of the U.S. Marine Corps in the primary special operations career field for Marines assigned to United States Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC). Marines designated Critical Skills Operators (CSOs), colloquially known as "Raiders", are awarded the Military Occupational Specialty 0372. CSOs are assigned to Marine Special Operations Teams (MSOT), Companies (MSOC) and Battalions (MSOBs).[2] CSOs are trained to execute a variety of missions. Specialized training also provides capabilities in language fluency necessary for crossing cultural barriers, allowing CSOs to connect with the local forces as well as civilians.[3] It takes, at a minimum, four and a half years to create a Marine CSO. The reason for this is that a Marine must have a minimum of three years ( or have achieved the rank of at least Corporal) in the United States Marines Corps before being considered a candidate for MARSOC.
>>
>>29703184
literally just volunteer?
>>
File: 1364056962527.jpg (156 KB, 664x960) Image search: [Google]
1364056962527.jpg
156 KB, 664x960
Just finished graduating 11B OSUT at Ft. Benning, on a weekend pass and then head over to Airborne holdover. If anyone has any questions about OSUT I'll be lurking.
>>
>>29703292
have fun at bragg
>>
>>29703283

And do the other two things, yeah. A fair amount of people do well in 35-series classes. A few people are PT studs. It's rare to find both of those things in one person who is also interested in doing Special Forces support.
>>
>>29703383
great, thanks for the info

what MOS are usually on SOT-A? i'm under the impression its mostly signals and linguists. any foxes or mikes?
>>
Will I have an easier time as a nuke if I'm not actually an autistic nerd? I've heard a lot of people don't like then because they're standoffish know it alls.
>>
>>29703431
>not actually an autistic nerd
>nuke
What did you mean by this?
>>
Cali is the best place to be for Tech school

>his tech school is at kessler/goodfellow
>>
>>29703421

Foxes can go pretty much anywhere. Mikes have their own opportunities but can't generally got SOT-A (although all Mikes are supposed to have a language now so...)
>>
>>29703538
I mean I scored a 99 on the asvab but I'd consider myself pretty normal, played football and basketball in high school, can communicate normally in person etc.
>>
>>29703778
>can communicate normally in person
>nuke

well meme'd
>>
>>29703778

DESU I am in a highly autistic field (not nuke) and normies like you annoy the fuck outta me.
>>
>>29703778
Any tips for getting a better score on the ASVAB?
Ive taken it twice and scored a 17 and a 19 respectively, I need a 31 in order to enlist in the Army.
And before you assholes call me retarded and shit Im actually really smart, I just dont test well
>>
>>29703861
Study. Grab one of those ASVAB for Dummies books.

They usually say which subjects you need to study for.
>>
>>29703861
If you're serious, focus entirely on the English and math portions, they're the only ones that matter.
>>
>>29703837
I'm being serious, my recruiters said they never had a possible nuke that they didn't have to pull teeth with
>>
>>29703991
>If you're serious,
why would I not be serious?
>>
>>29703861
yeah i dont test well either i know how you feel
just kidding youre retarded.
>>29703837
honestly ive been considering nuke and it really doesnt seem too bad
granted i do have a degree and have at least a slighly developed study habit and im not just coming out of high school which was when i just didnt try at all at studying or paying attention
>>
>>29701472
Seconding this but for 35G.
Bct in June. Any special programs I should look out for?
>>
>>29703710
right, that's sort of what i was getting at, if i go mike, I'll have language training just like a linguist, is there an opportunity to be used as a linguist in that capacity? I'm already aware that mikes get used for translation a lot anyway
>>
I'm enlisting in the Army instead of the Marines. Am I making a huge mistake?
>>
>>29704316

Do you want to be a Marine?

Being a Marine is literally the only reason to be a Marine. For everything practical, Army is better.
>>
>>29704316
Yes.
You'll hate all the extra resources, better accommodations, easier promotions, and higher likelihood of getting to attend specialized schools.
You should join the United States Public Relationships and Advertising Department of the Navy immediately.
>>
>>29704342
I initially wanted to be a marine but I heard that promotion in the marines is super slow.
>>
It's almost over, /meg/. I have a phone interview with the battalion commander on Monday. This is the last step, and his go-ahead means I can enlist.
Oh yea, someone talk me out of infantry.
>>
>>29704364

The fuck did I say? I didn't say "being able to call yourself a Marine is cool". I said it was literally the only upside. You want promotions? Go elsewhere.
>>
>>29704414
what was your waiver for?
>>
>>29704414

You probably won't get to do most of the shit you think of when you think "infantry". You won't build much in the way of marketable skills or cool career opportunities.

If none of those things are important to you. Go for it.
>>
>>29704016
Because honestly it seems like a joke post
>>
File: 1460316837473.png (30 KB, 240x143) Image search: [Google]
1460316837473.png
30 KB, 240x143
>You aren't allowed to know CFAT requirements for different trades
That makes me nervous as fuck. I can't imagine Armour being incredibly difficult to qualify for, but shit
>>
>>29704478
I understood what you said, bud. I was answering your first question, "Do you want to be a marine?"
>>
>>29704308
you're thinking "SOT-C"
>>
File: 1441951534866.jpg (127 KB, 480x666) Image search: [Google]
1441951534866.jpg
127 KB, 480x666
>>29704414
>Oh yea, someone talk me out of infantry.

I was an 0311 that did 2 deployments to Iraq, and the thought of a young man signing up for peace time Infantry just triggered my PTSD more than my combat recollections.

You'll do all the work, but get none of the fun.
>>
>>29665710

Security Forces (IE cop) is a shit job that everyone loves to hate. That being said, they are our security, and thus invaluable. If you do it, you will be surrounded by either tards, tough guy wannabees, or battlefield airmen fail-outs (PJ, TACP, CCT, SOWT, EOD, SERE). The tech school is 13 weeks long and at lackland. From what I hear it's basic training 2.0, tech school in general can and will be awful if you have power hungry mtls like at lackland tho
>>
Future HPSP guy, does anyone know if we have to wear the uniform during med school? Like ROTC guys do?
>>
How likely are you to get sent to DLI if it isn't central to your job but likely to be helpful nonetheless?
>>
>>29706221
People don't go to DLI for funsies. There's a pretty short list of jobs that get sent.
>>
>failed the polygraph at MEPS for smoking weed 5 years ago
fuck my life
>>
File: Middle_lel.jpg (55 KB, 307x315) Image search: [Google]
Middle_lel.jpg
55 KB, 307x315
>>29706485
>>
>>29706485
I had an imaginary event happen to me too!
>>
File: 1458199481726.jpg (219 KB, 1280x833) Image search: [Google]
1458199481726.jpg
219 KB, 1280x833
>>29706485
>polygraphs at meps
>>
>>29706485
i know wat yu mean dog i failed the moment of truth at basic 2.
>>
File: IMG_20160324_123736.jpg (3 MB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160324_123736.jpg
3 MB, 3024x4032
Anyone know anything about the blue to green program? In designated seaman been in the navy for almost a year, love my job but know it's not gonna help me in the civilian world and strongly considering army. Does anyone know the steps to transitioning over and the requirements? Many thanks in advance
>>
>>29706643
Did u take that pic?
>>
>>29706643

>undes seaman
>i love my job
>>
Anyone from the uss mccamble here? I just got orders there and can anyone tell me abit about the ship?
>>
>>29706683
Well better phrased, I love the navy.
>>
>>29704485
Some juvenile bullcrap. I'm 80% sure it will be approved.
>>
>>29704488
>>29704687
I think training when I think infantry. I think of being able to do airborne, air assault, field exercises, etc. I would imagine that even more of that happens during peacetime, no?
>>
>>29703855
Like anyone cares about triggering you reee's
>>
>>29706817
my recruiter told me 50/50 for my JAG review, we'll see
>>
>>29703292
Looking to take the same path. How did they split up 11bs and 11cs for you? Any tips you'd give to yourself if you could send a message to past you?
>>
>>29707128
What was your issue?
>>
Anyone here an AE or AT or know about them? That's the job assigned for me in the Navy and the guy who gave it to me was busy so he explained it to me in 1 minute.
>>
>>29707180
dependant while unmarried, i have a kid out of wedlock
>>
File: 1458272511922.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1458272511922.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>29700955
anyone here have experience with US Army 19K and 11B? Im interested in both can you tell me about them, /meg/?
>>
File: 1454566496409.gif (1 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
1454566496409.gif
1 MB, 659x609
>>29702549
The RCAF will teach you to fly a vehicle, then you'll learn to fly a desk once you get old
>>
>>29702054
You could always try this as a program. It's completely scalable. I can't be fucked writing out any programs so I just drop this one.

http://www.sealswcc.com/PDF/naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.pdf

As for not being a fat fuck, cut down on high-insulin response carbohydrates except for immediately after training. And high-starch carbs as well, also unless immediately after training. Build meals around protein, then fat, then add vegetables to finish. cut hydrogenated/processed fats, eat that natural stuff. Egg yolks are good for you, beware of burning oils if you fry them. Probably you eat too much fried shit anyway. Oats are not great for you, they're a fucking mediocre meme food from the 80s health faggotry and originally the people who ate them were fucking poor and worked all day at being poor and dying young. And they taste like ass, stop pretending. They're shit, the shit that tastes good is the shit you have to add to them to stop them from tasting like shit. Just eat that shit instead.

If you've got Facebook (you've got Facebook you fag) follow Strength Sensei and listen to his shit. Poliquin trains elite level athletes and did a lecture tour with both Klokov and Ed Coan. Get some fucking learning in you.
>>
>>29703272
Jesus, who writes this shit? BUZZWORD JARGON BUZZWORD FUCK.

I like the way the British do it. SAS? You're a Trooper. SBS? Swimmer Cannoist. They're organised in squadrons. Simple. Some of this stuff just gets a little silly.
>>
File: 1408535897228.gif (1 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1408535897228.gif
1 MB, 290x189
>Mfw Emi's C25K is being used to fucking train /k/ fatties.
Kek la Kek.

Honestly how bad is the AFQT and boot? I'm relatively skeletonmode so should I work on body-weight shit and running?
>>
>>29707576
>skeletonmode
Concern yourself with the rucks.
>>
>>29707618
Like marches?
I'm can handle myself pretty well. I wouldn't say I'm completely ready for a 12-mile but I did a year of ROTC and 4 years JROTC and we spent loads of time hiking in the desert here in AZ since that's all there is to fucking do. Night hiking as well.
>>
>>29707316
bump
>>
File: IMG_20160419_061448.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160419_061448.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>29706221
Just be a linguist bro.
Dominate the DLAB and don't fuck up at aircrew fundies
Pic related, sunrise over the dli
>>
>>29707641
My little 12-mile stroll in Infantry OSUT quickly became a fond memory once I got to the 82nd and started conducting regular 20-25 milers with a ruck weighing twice as much. In LRS, we did 50's.

Consider your toddler waddles in the Arizona desert just a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>29707164
It's random but more than likely you will be trained as 11B. I've only met one 11C trainee during my time at Sand Hill.

As far as tips, I'd say do a lot of push ups and sit ups on your own time. When you arrive from 30th AG you'll be weak as fuck. You do PT in the mornings of course but the only thing you really improve on is running.
>>
I'm an elisted Marine in a 04xx MOS. I'm also on duty and bored out of my fucking mind. If you have any questions about either feel free to ask
>>
>>29709664
How does one become an 0372? Can any MOS make the switch?
>>
>>29709677
Yes anyone can. I was actually forced to go to a MARSOC brief because I was technically eligible, though I have no interest in even trying.

As well as becoming an 0372, certain MOSs like radio operators have the option of going MARSOC and keeping that MOS instead of becoming a 0372.
>>
If I hosted a Discord server would anybody be interested in it? I think it's a nicer alternative to mIRC.
>>
so if i have a language as parr of my MOS, does the DLI come before AIT? >basic ~9 weeks
>DLI 25weeks(cat I)-63 weeks(cat IV)
>AIT ~14 weeks

and this isn't including airborne school. am i understanding correctly that my training can be an upwards or 90-100 weeks?
how does rank work in long "pipelines" like this? will i be getting paid as an E1 until i'm done with AIT? Jump school?
>>
>>29709739
i'd use it
>>
File: img_2395.jpg (141 KB, 720x767) Image search: [Google]
img_2395.jpg
141 KB, 720x767
>>29710063
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rGvya4
>>
>>29710102
I only have one channel up now, maybe as more people join we can add topics and mods or whatever but for now I think it's fine for people to join in and ask questions on.

There's voice chat too if people want to play games together or something.
>>
>>29709871

Depends on branch. You will usually be promoted to E3/E4 by the end of your pipeline.
>>
once you get to your station after basic/ait, do you get your own room or like a roommate?
>>
>>29710389
In the Marines no. Usually not until you're a Sgt (sometimes Cpl), and even then that's only if there is enough rooms.
>>
>>29700955
Anybody has any experience with the ADA branch? Commissioning soon and have picked this branch wanna know what I'm going to be in for.
>>
>>29710375
Army. is this based on how well you do in class and PT or do they just give you rank?
can a fuckup skate by and still only be E1 when they get to their first station?
>>
>>29710389
Depends on the post.

At Ft. Sam Houston I was at a barracks with two individual rooms sharing small kitchenette/bathroom. Cooking happened downstairs in building's kitchen.

I got super shitty barracks at Belvoir. Built in 70's, two to a room with shared kitchenette and bathroom. Basically like college.

If you get married you get BAH. That's a bunch of money to literally pay for wherever you need to live at. Govt gives you say 1200 a month on top of pay to buy an apartment or house with your wifo/husbando. I've met many a seargent major that lived in an RV and pocketed like an extra grand a month.
>>
>>29710583
you don't need to show them what your rent/mortgage is? they just add an extra $1200 on to your check?
>>
>>29707164
They divided our company into platoons and our platoon were told they are 11C. It's all pretty random
>>
>>29710706
that's what happened to my friend, went in wanting 11b, he got 11c. mortars are cool too, i guess
>>
>>29710719
Yeah, I liked it.

60s on my first deployment which was pretty sweet, get to drop rounds on houses after they shoot at our patrol from them.

81s on my second deployment which we didn't touch once since there were some 120 guys on our COP
>>
>>29710753
do you guys roll with regular infantry in the back and they call you up or what?
>>
>>29710581

Promotion to E2 in the Army is automatic after 6 months. E3 is automatic after 1 year (so another 6 months after E2 if you came in at E1). E4 is at 2 years (so 1 year after E3).

There are waivers to make it faster, but they're usually not very common while you're in training.
>>
>>29710682

BAH isn't based off of your expenses, you just get paid. If BAH is $3500 in your area and you live in a cardboard box, you could just pocket the $3500/mo.

Of course if you're getting BAH to provide for dependents and you aren't doing that then you could get in trouble.
>>
>>29710852
>implying 11C isn't infantry.
>>
File: 1400983367291.jpg (17 KB, 467x352) Image search: [Google]
1400983367291.jpg
17 KB, 467x352
>want to be dog handler
>don't want to be an MP too
>>
>>29710852
When we were 60s we were attached to a line company/platoon. We'd roll with them on patrols and if we got into contact we'd start shooting back and dropping rounds

We didn't use our 81s, so we just went on normal patrols or searches.

The 120s usually sit somewhere since it's too big to carry on patrol, and a pretty good fire asset to have in case there is trouble
>>
>>29710885
you know what i meant
>>29710906
thanks that's cool
>>
i want to join the air force reserves but stay in colorado, what job should i sign up for?
>>
>>29711367
>>
so its m-o-s? but you say meps and asvab? fucking retarded
>>
>>29711391
I could give less of a fuck, i'm doing it for instate college benefits
>>
Army 15 yankee. Going to boot in fort Jackson in a few days. Are the mountains really that bad? And where can I expect to go as a PDS? I've been told "anywhere that Apaches go".
>>
>>29711444
Relaxin Jackson - you'll be fine.

You'll go to whatever units have Apaches, which could be pretty much anywhere
>>
Any 91Bs here?
>>
>>29711416
Do meps and asvab pronounced as one word have any other meaning? Does mos?
>>
>>29709871
For 35P, language comes before AIT. As of right now, language comes after AIT for 35M.
>>
>>29711765
thanks bro, yes its 35M
what happens if i don't get a cat IV language? do they need mikes with french or spanish?
>>
>>29711869
This whole 'mike with language' thing is new, and I haven't heard what they're going for, language-wise. I would assume that they're looking for a mix of all languages, but not necessarily in equal amounts.

French is extremely useful for Africa and the Levant. I doubt they'd have a need to train people for spanish or portugese because it's so much cheaper to just recruit people who already speak those languages.
>>
Why isn't Navy basic next to an ocean?
>>
>>29707316
anyone
>>
>>29707316
I was an 11B, and I loved it. It's pretty shitty most of the time, but you learn to love it.

I've always wondered about 19K, and I think that would of been fun too. I don't know much about it, but I know some 19Ks post on here
>>
Prospective Nasty Girl here.
1. When the background check asks me if I've smoked marijuana, I should say no, correct?
2. How much does being a POG officer suck?
>>
>>29712365
>1. When the background check asks me if I've smoked marijuana, I should say no, correct?

Gee, what do you think?

If you've smoked weed recently enough it would show up on a drug test anyway, you played yourself.
>>
>>29712365
As long as you've never been caught and won't get snagged at meps say no
>>
>>29712119
>east coast wanted navy basic on the atlantic
>west coast wanted navy basic on the pacific
>compromise is needed
>midwest could give zero fucks
>navy puts basic in great lakes
>neither ocean has navy basic
>perfectly logical gov't choice
>also ironic
>>
>>29712373
How recently is that?
>>
>>29712429
Depends. If it's an irregular thing and you drink plenty of water+exercise it can be flushed from your system in a week or two.

Now if they're drug testing via hair sample you're screwed unless its been months
>>
>>29712419
As is often the case, the compromise between two logical positions can be stupid.
>>
I'm a 25 year old dyel with 7 months to get in shape for BUD/s. How fucked am I?
>>
>>29709871
I can tell you this. I came in as A1C and after my pipeline of aircrew, korean (64 weeks), goodfellow, sere and aircraft specific training, I could be a SrA especially if I get BTZ. If youre in the army, since you all seem to rank up so fast, you could be an E5 im sure
>>
>>29706336
>>29708491

Does 14N get sent to DLI? It's not listed in the pipeline.
>>
>>29710889
Infantry have dog handlers. At least Marines do. Fuck MP's.
>>
File: 1444343650080.jpg (369 KB, 772x1239) Image search: [Google]
1444343650080.jpg
369 KB, 772x1239
>>29712535
I was initially gonna go Army but if I can be a dog handler without being MP in the Marines then that's something I will look into.
>>
>>29712461
Completely. Enjoy doing the jobs in Navy they can't get people to do except baiting fat kids for Navy Seals.

Lol you're gonna ring that loser Bell for a Hot Pocket so quick.
>>
>>29712442
Yeah hair samples can go back up to like 6 months. I've never saw one done while in the Army though
>>
>>29712461
Totally fucked
>>
I'm 19 and thinking of going option 40x what are the chances of me immediately regretting my decision upon beginning basic?
>>
>>29712576

It's a 1 person job out of an entire platoon. Your platoon staff sergeant picks 1 guy to go to dog handler school before a deployment.

I don't even know if they will do that anymore during peacetime. But in my day they did.
>>
>>29712528
That's not an MOS. Maybe you're talking about an AFSC?
>>
>>29712648

I never said MOS. I said job. But yes, I'm talking about AFSC.
>>
>>29712648
>>29712666

According to my research, they tend to go to Goodfellow instead of Monterrey.
>>
>>29712666

Well yes, but you're retarded because AFSCs aren't trigraphs like MOSs are. 14N isn't a valid AFSC like 14NX is.
>>
>>29712731

Outside of official documents I've never seen the X inserted, or it's replaced by a number designation.
>>
>>29712461
>Implying you're gonna make it to buds
>>
File: 1461147808974.jpg (421 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1461147808974.jpg
421 KB, 2048x1152
Should I be a 13F in Active or the Guard?
>>
>>29712818
Active.

Guards are clowns. I went to a family day meeting because my wife's sister is a guard clown. My wife offered to get me a plate but she got me a hot dog. It tasted like shit so she got back up to go get me a burger instead. She skipped the line telling them "can I go in front of you to get my husband a burger?". She is hot so of course they let her. Then she mentions I was a Marine that deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. I see them looking back at me all pissed off. I just grin.
>>
>>29711938
right on, thanks for your help. hope i get cat III or IV
>>
>>29712594
I'm anything but a quitter.

>>29712615
Probably.

>>29712781
I already qualify for the swim and run parts. I just need to get my push ups sit ups and chin ups up to snuff.
>>
>>29712765
For example, my afsc is listed as 1A8X1, where X is my skill level. Right now it isnt even a 1 because I only completed aircrew and working on language school right now. Once my pipeline is done i will have 1A831, signifying I completed my basic qualifications.
>>
>>29712941
do well on the DLAB and you will. They ALWAYS need persian farsi (cat III) pashto (cat IV) korean (IV) and chinese (IV)
We had a few russian but it seems way less common.
Oh also levantine (cat IV)
>>
>>29712963
Nigger there's more to it than just being able to do the minimum pt requirements
>>
>>29712894
thanks for the reply. I think I will go active. Although I want to do Guard one day and just to be a shit bag.
>>
>>29712966

Makes sense.
>>
>>29712981
>minimum
I can do the mile and a half in 8 45 and the swim in 7 30 ish. Fuck yourself. I am trying to get the the point I can do 100 push ups and sit ups and gonna try and get 25 pull ups. Im not going to shoot for sub par, nigger.
>>
>>29713083
>I'm a 25 year old dyel
>>
>>29713121
Yup. Meaning I'm great at cardio and not much else. I don't understand What is so hard to grasp about that...
>>
>>29713146
No, it just leads people to believe
you've never trained. If you're good with cardio, great, but don't get all butt frustrated when you call yourself dyel and people assume you've never trained.
>>
>>29712461

see

>>29707435

good luck. it's a six month program but it'll be a hard road as 7 months doesn't give you much wiggle room. you're really going to have to work it and not give up. you can't afford to take days off from here on in.
>>
What are the /k/ool Navy rates?
>>
>>29713302
Space Seals
>>
>>29713146
oh, okay, thought you were just generally shit. i would say avoid the 100 push up program, it's pretty crap. probably just stack sets of push ups and pull ups 4-5 days a week, probably mon-tues, thur-fri. the seal candidate program i linked you has guidance on that based on your max number. a useful tip is to go directly from push ups to pull ups, then rest. so set of push ups, set of pull ups, rest interval, repeat. it seems to work better than seperating them because of the way opposing muscles pair together.

hope you get in. if you do come back and mock the guys that said you wouldn't. if you don't come back so we can all laugh at you.
>>
>>29713302
Literally only SEALs and CTN if you do one your and have great luck and get an ION contract. You'll basically be a SEAL-light.
>>
>>29713390
>ION having anything to do with SEAL.

u wot m8?
>>
File: 1461425182311.jpg (38 KB, 524x468) Image search: [Google]
1461425182311.jpg
38 KB, 524x468
Don't know if related, but here goes.

how the FUCK do you survive the army when you were a useless NEET two months ago and got drafted, you dont want to be there, and you are NOT prepared

I'm up to my neck in shit, pls help
>>
>>29713433
Sorry, I mixed it up with something else but there is a section of CTN that work in the field with SEALs.
>>
>>29713467
Who the Fuck still gets drafted...?

But make the most of your time. You're getting paid right? You probably have somewhere to live, too. So you have some expendable income. Don't spend it all but buy shit when you aren't shooting a gun or cleaning out a toilet.
>>
>>29713494
Every able young male has to stay at least one year in the Brazilian army. That said i got thrown into our version of ROTC. I fucking hate this shit and i have no idea how to deal with it. Also, we do get paid, but they end up staying with all our money.

Basically, we work for free, get abused physically and psychologically for no reason at all and receive no useful combat training.

I have considered the possibility that i am just being a faggot, yes.
>>
>>29712442
>>29712614
Ok then, thanks lads.
>>
>>29713536
Well I won't lie the fact you don't REALLY get paid is kinda bullshit but regardless, like I said, just do what you can to make it the best experience you can.

I'm enlisting later in the year with the USN and I have kids and a wife, ship life is gonna Fucking suck.
>>
Any mk160 techs here? Whats your average day like if so.
>>
>>29713467
Don't worry, they're experts at taking the unprepared, unmotivated, unfit and useless, and beating them into passable cannon fodder. How literal the beatings are depends on which army, but it's pretty universal that they make you not fuck up by ensuring that the consequences for fucking up is somethign you really, really don't want to deal with. Should that result in mild psychological trauma you won't have sorted out by the time you hit sixty, meh, ain't their problem.

Alternatively, enjoy having your socially inept ass planted in jail, where you will do your best to stay on the good side of a number of colorful individuals, many of whom will combine the empathy, patience and impulse control of a six year old on a bad day with the strength of a roid-munching adult.
>>
>>29713628
It may just be all the no good fathers I have three generations back in my family, or the childhood friend of mine with a largely absent father, but...

Not a good time to go to sea mate.
>>
is there an official /k/ or /meg/ chart talking about getting /fit/ for the Army?

im 210 @ 5,8 and im bear fat. need to get that number down and bulk up and work on my cardio. anyone have somethin?
>>
>>29713803
>bulk up

No. Just run your balls off. The military fucking hates bulky guys, no matter how fit they are.

No expensive workout plan, no equipment, no supplements necessary. Just the willpower to get your shoes on and move your body down the street 3-5 times a week until you are tired and sweaty.
>>
File: tumblr_nistww6RQl1u4zpeao1_500.jpg (69 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nistww6RQl1u4zpeao1_500.jpg
69 KB, 500x375
>>29712894
Lmao

Did you put her upto to it? That'd be even funnier.
>>
>>29713836
so really just run and run until i get around 170? i assume do some weights and pull ups/pushups/crunches too right?
>>
>>29713874
The Army doesn't do pullups or crunches for their test.

Push-ups won't hurt, but there's generally plenty of time to get better at them in BCT. Running is going to help you the most. Don't stop losing weight at 170 either, that's still the upper end of the spectrum for your height. Being less fat makes every other bodyweight/cardio exercise easier.
>>
>>29713936
thanks pal, will be starting some personal training soon to get back into shape
>>
>>29713874
You want to do some weights to burn calories and also maintain the muscle that's underneath your fat, but you definitely do not want to bulk up.

If you only cardio and diet then you will actually lose muscle in addition to fat.
>>
>>29713872
No, not at all. I figured she'd get back in line not try to skip it.

Then when she mentioned I was a Marine I almost face palmed myself "God damnit woman". I was sitting down so I hoped they thought maybe I was a wounded vet or something. A lot of them were nasty fatsos who made even the Army uniform look more pitiful than normal, so I don't feel that bad about taking their food.
>>
If I take a POG job in the guard like something 13 series, transport, or munitions, will my chances of being deployed be slim?
>>
>>29714223
If you want to do support like transpo or ordinance, then reserves is a better choice than guard, and will give you more opportunities.

For combat arms, guard is the better choice.
>>
>>29714248
Isn't Reserves 1 week out of the month?
Also, what is the least physically demanding combat arms job? Something like armor?
>>
>>29714317
Both guard and reserves are a weekend a month.
>>
>>29713733
Eh, there's things like Skype I can (unreliably) use, but I am mostly doing it to get experience and benefits and to serve my country. Unfortunately up until about 2 years ago I was stupid. I have been wanting to enlist since I was 15.

Might backfire, might not, but I appreciate the concern all the same.
>>
File: 1436584819874.jpg (2 MB, 2954x1888) Image search: [Google]
1436584819874.jpg
2 MB, 2954x1888
>>29700955
OCS HERE
I passed the army BN board recruiter says has to go to national Board could they flunk me? Recruiter says that BN board opnion is gold and should not worry
>>
>>29714553
You likely don't have anything to worry about. Congrats!
>>
>>29714613
Just want to be sure thank you very much hoping for armor I know basic will be not be the hard part OCS will be
>>
>Planning to go CCT
>Friend has been in a while
>They asked him to go SERE due in large part to his background
>He declined in order to go into weapons

At least he gets to go overseas, but why would anyone pick doing regular shit over cool guy shit?
>>
>>29714681

You'll learn once you get in that most people aren't about that life. Stability and comfort win over cool guy shit for almost everyone.
>>
>>29714737

Doesn't that make people who stick through with it abnormal?
>>
Army dental standards? What's it like
>>
>>29702976

what shot does a 27/28 year old have of getting into tanks right now?
>>
>>29715335
no
>>
>>29715484
They don't give much of a damn.
If you have hardware, that might be an issue.
>>
>you will never join the military and learn music like your Japanese cartoons
>>
>>29714553
The BN assigned you a certain score at the board. Whether or not you get selected by the national board mostly depends on that score.

>>29714670
OCS is not hard it's just terrible.
>>
>>29714223

The only time I have seen 13 series people deployed within the last eight years was to be working party people when they were closing all those fobs in Iraq.
>>
File: image1.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1067
PJ or ER doc?
>>
>>29703044

Hope it works out for you brother just keep it positive
>>
Why join military during peace time?
>>
>>29716149
Kanata pls.
>>
>>29719842
"peace" is kind of a misnomer. we're always doing something.
>>
>>29700955
I am going to college out of state. If I join that national guard do I still get free college even if it is out of state as long as I join that states Nat guard? I am planning on joining regardess, but free college would be a nice bonus. My mother has saved up for college, but I would rather be self sufficient. thanks for answer, als, does anyone know if west virginia national guard still uses m16? also, why do some marines use tactical stype and othere use classic style barrel? thanks for answers
>>
>>29721202
i have a friend in NG from ohio going to school in California
>>
>>29719842
sweet benefits and that MGIB
>>
>>29716149
>become officer
>become FAO
>learn weeb

there you go
>>
>>29709401
Why does the US organise its infantry training like that? British infantry all go through the same training and then spend one year as a rifleman before they can do stuff like morters.
>>
>>29721398
>48G bait
>>
>>29720273
Lol. Yeah but you aren't special operations or ever will be.
>>
>>29721837
because i claimed i was, right?
>>
>>29721866
No you obviously aren't. I meant you don't know wtf you are talking about. You know less then a kid who plays Metal Gear Solid. Aka = stupid as fuck.
>>
>>29721837
Only retards go into the military planning on being any kind of SF.
>>
>>29721889
>:^)
whatever man
>>
>>29721890
Agree. That's why I went 0311.
>>29721897
Totally.
>>
>>29721919
>0311
i was waiting for it. thank you mr operator
>>
>>29721930
Wow. You just burned me hard kid. How will I ever cope? Lol get fucked.
>>
>>29721919
>0311.

IQ of 60 confirmed.
>>
>>29721951
thank you for your service
>>
>>29721959
133 IQ.

Army requires lower asvab than Marines for entry. A little thing called the truth. Army dumb. Special kind of dumb.
>>
>>29721979
You are ironically welcome.
>>
>>29721992
sure thing bro
>>
>>29721998

Is it that hard to believe? 133 isn't even that much.

Or the Army thing. The Army has lower standards and take the biggest retard fuck ups. It called a fact. I don't need to argue a fact. Are you mad at gravity also?
>>
File: 0424161311.jpg (815 KB, 2048x1350) Image search: [Google]
0424161311.jpg
815 KB, 2048x1350
>>29721889
hooah, faggot
>>
File: 4-Scent-of-a-Woman-quotes.gif (952 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
4-Scent-of-a-Woman-quotes.gif
952 KB, 500x280
>>29722035
Oorah nigger. We say Oooorah or Errrrrr.
>>
>>29722086
I'll errrr for you next time
>>
>>29722097
Eh-rah!

We also do that. Thanks for adjusting. This is the modern day military. We have vaginas now.
>>
>>29701456
>what do you mean

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh don't worry you'll fit right in son!
>>
>>29720141
>>29721398
>>29721806

BUT HOW DO I BE THE BUGLE BOY OF COMPANY B
>>
>>29721388
MGIB is shit compared to post-9/11.
>>
>>29722162
It didn't really make much sense.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.