[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tank Names for "Bravo"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8
File: 1461352295529.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1461352295529.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
This has been on here before, its that time again.

Our combined arms battalion is switching its MTOE and organization, Dueler company is now becoming Bandit. We are shooting gunnery and the qualified crews are renaming the tanks.

What are some tube names that begin in B? Keep in mind, the army is a huge hug box and foul names aren't aloud like Bitch, Bastard Child, etc etc but post anyway for hilarity.

Some ideas off the top of my head

Bacardi Bash
Boy Band
/b/
Baja Blast
Bam Bam
Bandito
Big Banker
BBW
Big Fat Mess
Boogie Man
Black Widow
Baby Fat
Backup Friend

etc
>>
Bad Kebab
Boozer
B.A.H.
Brat
Bail Jumper
Bombed It
/b/tard
>>
Butt Baby
Backdoor Bandit
Backdoor Milkman
Bitchin Ass Tank
Basic Bitch
Beyond Hope
Broken Piece of Shit
Bad Boy

Also Feel free to ask a 5 year tanker anything.
>>
No one wants to bite at a Tanker AMA?
>>
>>29700664
Big Booty Bitches
Black Betty
Baroness
Brutananadilewski
Baal
Bork Bork Bork
Benis xDDD
Barry the Cyborg
Breath Play
Bloody Grunts
>>
Blat
Burger Time
Bronco
Billy Dee Williams ("Works every time")
Bonkers
Bingo
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt
BEES!
Beatdropper (wub wub)
>>
>>29700664
Buyers Remorse
>>
>>29700857
Just how hot and smokey and garret and uncomfortable and cramped does it get in there, on average? How long just sitting buttoned-down in a modern tank until you are desperate to get out of it?
>>
>>29700938
> garret
Autocorrected "farty"
>>
>BURGER xDDD
>>
>>29700664

Bitchin' Peanuts
Ba'al
Bromance
Bruiser
Butt Basher
Baton Bandit
>>
Big Guy
>>
>>29700938
>Just how hot
Its easily a good 10 degrees hotter when the tank is off. When its running it can be 15-20 degrees hotter, what makes it bad even for seasoned veterans is the PPE

>smokey
The tank has a NBC system that filters out noxious gasses.

>uncomfortable
The gunner doesn't have any room to move around. Loader and TC have room to stand and move. Driver is basically reclined back the whole time. The most uncomfortable it gets is when the tank is in a REDCON 2-1.5 stance all night (the tank has to be ready to roll in less than 15 minutes) and you have to sleep in the tank. That's bad.

>How long just sitting buttoned-down in a modern tank until you are desperate to get out
I've spent 16 hours or so in the gunner's position, I never once felt claustrophobic, but the need to get out and stretch my legs a little grew worse at about the 8 hour mark, and getting out to move felt better than sex.
>>
>>29700916
>>29700983
> bitch etc
> OP explicitly said no "bitch" etc

10/10 reading comprehension lads
>>
Babycakes
>>
>>29701002
> smokey
What about smoke from the gun? Does it get into the cabin?
>>
Blyat
Black Burger
Ban Hammer
Brynhildr (name of a Valkyrie)
Bane of Kebabs
Buttscratcher
>>
>>29700664

Behemoth
>>
>>29700994
For you
>>
File: 1458989008449.jpg (14 KB, 159x170) Image search: [Google]
1458989008449.jpg
14 KB, 159x170
>>29701006
Thank God you were here to help us out! Excellent contribution!
>>
>>29701050
>Brynhildr
It's written as Brunhilde in German (and in English)
>>
>>29701039
Only a little bit, only from what leaks out of the breech when shell first goes off. The Bore Evacuator in the middle of the gun tube creates a overpressure after the round leaves, and forces the gases inside the gun tube out the end. The Coaxial Machine Gun generates more gas in the cabin then the main gun. But the NBC system is slaved to the arm switch on the Coax, so the gases are imedeatley pushed out of the tank when its activated.

>>29701006
>but post anyway for hilarity
I am turning the names in to be funny. They have a 0% chance of anyone using them though.
>>
>>29701076
I'm aware. Was going for the Norse mythological name cuz mythology is cool.
>>
>>29700857
How many hours of hands-on driving/shooting/commanding/loading the tank does basic qualification training take?

What's the ratio of dudes who operate the tanks vs dudes who fix/service the tanks, and is there an overlap?
>>
>>29701076
Though if you painted it in runes on the barrel it would look pimpin'
>>
Bob Ross
>>
>>29701193
> Happy little tanks
>>
>>29701100
To graduate Army Basic Training (19K OSUT) you spend a good 10-20 hours in a simulator driving. Then about another 4-5 driving on a track, and at night with night vision devices. You load the gun during an engagement for about 4 rounds. You Shoot as a gunner for about 4 rounds.

Classroom stuff includes proficiency testing in weapons knowedge, including Clearing, Dismantling, Assembly, Loading, and Stoppage drills on the M240 and M2 machine guns. Fire Evac drills, Preparation of the Drivers, Gunners, and Loaders stations. And a few other small crew centric tasks. It culminates into about 4-6 weeks of training all day 5 days a week. Then you graduate after a field training exercise.

Once you get to the real army there are other classes to take, including advanced trouble shooting and use of the Abrams systems, to include use of the remote weapons system (CROWS II), the FBCB2 command and control software, and all the capabilities of the tank etc. etc. etc.

>>29701100
Everyone is trained in basic maintenance tasks. However the Driver and Loader do all of it, the Gunner (typically a Sergeant) is responsible for training the two, and sometimes oversees and helps. The Tank Commander ussualy just sits there cause he's been in for so long and outranks everyone.

The crew are responsible for changing fluids, fixing bolt on equipment, cleaning, changing basic modules.

Mechanics (separate MOS) actually remove, or replace the larger systems in the tank, like the engine, displays, other big things.

General Dynamics technicians are responsible for fixing those broken pieces, and trouble shooting the main gun.

So there is an overlap, but each level has slight overlaps.

On that note, every company has about 11-14 mechanics to service its 14 tanks. GD techs usually operate at the Battalion level.
>>
>>29701193
I demand that this be so.
>>
Breath Play is the best suggestion in this thread.
>>
>>29701225
Vehicle Identification is a real hard one, forgot to add that. But you study a big list of vehicles (typical ones used by satellite soviet states, and NATO vehicles, between cold-war to the 90s or so) and it ends in a timed 20 question test, writing down the name of a vehicle on a powerpoint slide that has a vehicle on it for 4 seconds. If you miss a single American vehicle, or 2 vehicles total, you fail the test.
>>
Brütal
Breaking Bones (Written like the Breaking Bad title)
Boondock Saints
Born this way
Buttoned up
Banana Blade
Bad Headache
Big Stink
Beisser (german for "biter"
Bohemian Milkman
Big 'Uns
Bewitched
>>
>>29701383
I was once involved with a girl whose last name was Beisser. That explains a lot.
>>
>>29700664
"Bastard Child" with Calvin painted somewhere on the tank, or on your CVC
>>
>>29700664
Bandit is kind of a lame name for a tank company. Can't you be Brutal or something?
>>
"Battle of" <blank>

where blank is any battle the unit participated in.
>>
File: panjoDDDD.jpg (286 KB, 1262x944) Image search: [Google]
panjoDDDD.jpg
286 KB, 1262x944
BIGGUS

DICKUS
>>
>>29700664

>Bear Hugger
>Bawx o' Metal
>Bodacious
>Ball Ox (read "Bollocks")
>Breathe Easy
>Bjorne'
>BlapWagon
>Blackup
>>
Brown Sugar
Big Booty
Brokeback Mtn
Brakes Out
Bake Sale
Bi-Curious
Bitches Leave
Blade Runner
Bring the Pain
Bling Bling
Boxes of Foxes
Baalzebub
Belial
Broken Arrow
Bobby
Blue Eyes
Ben Kenobi
Bacha Bazi
Break Some Off
>>
>>29700664

Booty Blaster
>>
>>29700664
Boot Liquor
>>
Bazinga!
>>
Boeselager
>>
Bisexuals
Battle Bois
Balogna Pony
Boi Toys
Beefy Bears
Best Tank
>>
Bass Trucker.

>>29701002
>When its running it can be 15-20 degrees hotter
Like, when it's already 100-110 on a gulf state summer day? How did people not straight up die using the things in Iraq?
>>
>>29700857

How do you get assigned a position? Everyone tries everything and then gets assigned based on what they don't suck at?
>>
Big Brother
>Big Bertha
'B' for Boom
>Boombox
Ballistic B...(bob, bertha, whatever)
>Boxxy (non tards might find it funny too because it's a fucking box)
Boat
>B.O.A.T. (best of all time)
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458256150083.jpg (38 KB, 552x339) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458256150083.jpg
38 KB, 552x339
Bandersnatch
Bedlam
Bear trap
Bad Vibes
Balron
Bingo Mercy
Bang You're Dead
Broken Bell
Broken Bull
Brain drain
Benefit Society
Birth Mother
Bite Back
Bookkeeper
Blunt Force
Bandage Broker
BlastBoat
Bring It
Battle Bus
Bushwhacker
Brushfire

Also, 19k friends, can y'all comment on CROWS?
>>
>>29700664
Hey op I am interested in becoming a tanker for the army can you tell me what physical shape and what Asvab score I would need to be qualified to be a tanker
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458256046256.jpg (25 KB, 552x368) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458256046256.jpg
25 KB, 552x368
>>29702977
Baron of Boom
Break On Through
Bottle Genie
Blame Game
Batmobile
Blackheart
Beam Me Up
Blast Furnace
Bet On Black
>>
All these names so far are cringey as balls except Behemoth. As for suggestions, how about Bond, the aforementioned Behemoth, (the notorious) B.I.G., Bruiser, or Beastly.
>>
>>29703026
>Hey op I am interested in becoming a tanker for the army can you tell me what physical shape and what Asvab score I would need to be qualified to be a tanker
Be able to comfortably pass the APFT (look it up) and I think a 90, but try to get at least a 100.
>>
>>29703154
Also Blackjack, or like >>29703140 said, Batmobile
>>
>>29703177
Oh and Bloodthirsty
>>
>>29701006
>foul names aren't aloud like Bitch, Bastard Child, etc etc but post anyway for hilarity.
>post anyway for hilarity

wew lad.
>>
>>29700664
Booti Warrior.
>>
Babylon
Boomstick
Brazen
Blunt Force
Bang Bus
Bombard
Bloodmoney
Blockbuster
Burnpile
>>
>>29703200
Oh! And Bambi would be a great name.
>>
>>29702871
Not him but from my experience it goes loader, driver, gunner, TC in the order of lowest to highest rank, sometimes skill is involved.

The gunner will typically be a SGT, SPC promotable, or most qualified SPC. If the company is REALLY hurting for bodies, I have seen a PFC in a gunner slot.

TC ranges from SGT-SFC and LT and up.
>>
>>29700664
>belay that order
>>
>>29701282
Are the pictures like ones youd get off wikipedia or are they blury sattelite or images?

For someone whos been building model tanks for years now, that seems like the easiest thing to qualify for.
>>
Big Guy
Baneblad
Bohemian Rhapsody
Battle Buddy
Bellerophon
Basilisk
Butterfinger
Baka Sempai
>>
Baby Bludgeoner
>>
>>29700664

Baja Blast
>>
Blast-proof
Beelzebub
Bling Bling
Beige Bomber
By owner, for sale: $6mil
Bruce
Bruiser
Balls of Steel
Big Guy 4u
Betamax
Big Dick Bandits
Best of Bandit
>>
Big Bada Boom
Bigger Stick
Beats Working
Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop
Belay That
Blowing Loads
Bitch, Please
Bandersnatch
Bait
Bite the Dashboard, I'm Going in Dry
BEEP BEEP
Bullet Delivery Truck
Blood for the Blood God
Bus Full of Nuns
Bunch of Numbers
Barrel Roll
Bukkake
Black Flag
Battletoad
Blistering Bumbershoots

Shame you weren't looking for D or G names. With G, a shitload of Culture Ship names could be used.
>>
>>29700664
I'm going to lobby for Booty Bruiser
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>29700664
Big Guy, and everytime someone says it, always say "For You"
>>
File: 1439353018512.jpg (107 KB, 533x756) Image search: [Google]
1439353018512.jpg
107 KB, 533x756
Bjorn the Fell-Handed
Blood Raven
Blood Angel
>>
Brutus
Big Stick
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
Big Metal Box
>>
>>29700664
Blunt Box 420 weed dude lmao
>>
>>29700664
Battle Boy
Big Papa
Bambino
Broforce
Blyat Cyka
Banjo Kazooie (bonus points if you paint Gruntilda, as well as rhyming racial slurs, on the side of your armor)
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.