[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What environment is the most difficult to wage war/operate in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: community_image_1407645011.gif (386 KB, 592x570) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1407645011.gif
386 KB, 592x570
What environment is the most difficult to wage war/operate in?
For individuals/units or whole armies with logistics and all the other machinery associated with it.

>jungle
>desert
>arctic/snow
>water
>mountains
>urban
>innawoods
>unnaground
>THE ZONE
>other
>>
>>29699121
Our own yard infested with ants.

Goddamn ants ruining my beautiful yard!
>>
>>29699121
Marsh, swampy areas
>>
>>29699144
This

The ultimate war is trying to get rid of ants from our god given beautiful yards
>>
>>29699121
It honestly depends. MOUT is a nightmare once you start throwing in multiple levels, but fighting in a jungle where literally EVERYTHING is trying to kill you has got to be hellish. Depending on the type of desert you can either have no place to take cover, or have guys shooting at you from 800 meters up and basically just dropping bullets on you. Innawoods you've got arty that turns trees into projectiles, underground you're fighting in the dark in cramped places against an enemy who probably dug the tunnels in the first place.

Tl;dr: War is hell and every environment creates a special level just for you.
>>
>>29699121
Arctic. By far.
>>
>>29699207
This. Everything has its own unique disadvantages. There isn't really any "optimal" combat environment.
>>
>>29699144
Hate to admit it but goddamnit rhis is the only answer

I used to walk on my pure green trimmed yard glistening from the morning wet air on my bair feet felling the sweet grass but that was interrupted by goddamn fireants attacking me and to find out to my horror the yard was infested with these bastards

Took me six months to get rid of them but the damage was already do as my beautiful yard was forever a warzone from the battle.

>my yard will never be green again
>>
>>29699121
> What environment is the most difficult to wage war/operate in?

Boglands; that is, North-European and Siberian peat bogs surrounded by forest. This also includes Muskegs in Western Canada and Alaska.

Problems:

Transportation is very difficult. You need to use amphibious vehicles, and even they are getting stuck all the time in the peat and muck. Vehicles do not have enough traction to push through the trees, so trees need to be cut and stumps removed with explosives before vehicles can pass.

Clouds of blood-sucking insects which drive soldiers mad. Whole armies have mutined just to get out of the bog.

Walking around the bog can be deadly. Solid and dry-looking landscape is likely to be a thin cover of moss above lethal bog hollow.
>>
>>29699144
>be me
>live in Texas
>have yard infested with ants
>know that my yard will never be beautiful

I cry everytime.

Pls gib me mony
>>
Jesus fucking Christ this thread is underated as fuck
>>
File: 1448139683884.jpg (43 KB, 720x783) Image search: [Google]
1448139683884.jpg
43 KB, 720x783
Space
>>
Anywhere where you're trying to fight islam
>>
>>29701705
Came here to say this, probably worst in some sort of gaseous nebulae
>>
>>29699121
The sun....really fucking difficult... logistical and environmental nightmare.
>>
>>29699121
Center of the sun
>>
>>29699121
Within one's sphincter
>>
>>29701857
>probably worst in some sort of gaseous nebulae

>WOOOOOOW there is literally one hydrogen atom per cubic meter than the one in one hundred cubic meters in non-nebula space! Fucking bullshit i can't work in these conditions!
>>
>>29699121
Arctic. Hardly anything works up there, navigation is hard and my coffee is cold
>>
history says attic regions and mother Russia.

As an Alaska, I would fucking hate to invade here. Everything is so far apart that you need roads and planes and infrastructure to maneuver.

But if we sabataged the infrastructure in the winter there's almost no way they could maneuver an entire army. They'd be camping in the cold with long supply lines that are at risk of getting stuck or not making it there at all.
>>
If you can fight in jungle you can fight anywhere.
>>
>>29705107
Except the arctic.
>>
>>29699121
I'm going to go with swamp.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 260x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 260x565
>>29699121
Underwater.

Even trained Navy frogman can't operate in those conditions for long periods let alone have a prolonged engagement. Cold, pressure and poor visibility makes it the absolute worst conditions. It honestly would be easier to fight in space.

There's a reason why Atlantas never got invaded.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.