[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stupidly persistent myths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 1452224747361.jpg (34 KB, 461x439) Image search: [Google]
1452224747361.jpg
34 KB, 461x439
>Watching gun video on Youtube
>Speaker starts talking about the M1 Garand
>"However the gun did contain one deadly defect: the gun would ping on the last shot, allowing the enemy to listen for the ping and then charge while the American soldier was busy reloading. This oversight got many American soldiers killed during the war."

Never closed a video so fast in my life
>>
>>29643397
>JA HANS ZE AMERIKANA RIFLE IS EMPTY, IT MADE ZE PINGING NOISE
>>
Yes I think I saw that video. Apparently the Americans would mimic the sound to get the Germans to expose themselves.
>>
>>29643397
I always liked the ".30 Carbine couldn't penetrate winter clothing" myth myself.
>>
>Ammonia dissolves salts and is the best way to clean corrosive ammo
>>
because an entire rifle squad would always expend it's ammunition at the exact same moment and was usually so far away from any friendly squads, say the ones from their own platoon, that they would be utterly helpless when the ping sounded off
>>
>>29643466
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6z8q4lOrDU

.30 carbine sucks and can't kill anyone bro.
>>
>>29643397
>In WW2, Russia didn't have enough guns or ammo for everyone
>They only even gave every other guy a gun, and that guy would just get a clip of bullets

>Anyone can walk into any gun store just just buy a machine gun for $600

>The only reason the Allies won WW2 was because of America
(America was VITAL, and the war would have easily lasted longer, with far more deaths, but not unwinnable)

>The Nazis would have won if they hadn't done X
>The Nazis would have won if Hitler hasn't done X

>The Nazis were centuries ahead of the Allies

>Japan did nothing wrong in WW2

>The USSR only fell because of Reagan
>The USSR couldn't feed Soviets
>The USSR was always like it was under Stalin

>The Civil War was over states rights

>The Holocaust happened
(just kidding)
>>
>>29643537
should have started shooting as soon as he reached for the gun
>>
>>29643681
No shit.
>>
>>29643397
I don't know if you've ever shot one, but that shit resonates. So if you're room to room fighting and ping happens, Hans might just poke around the corner and get a shot off. Also, it probably also spawned from GIs that didn't like the suck so they'd bitch at whatever they could. And why not blame a gun for getting them killed?
>>
>the interstate highway system was designed to be used as makeshift runways during a war
>by law, every 1 in 5 miles needs to be straight to accommodate aircraft
I've heard this all my life, but it's 100% myth.
>>
>>29643482
>not engaging in honorable one on one combat with your foes
>>
>>29643397
I love this meme because it shows how ignorant people are of what combat is actually like.

BLAM BLAM (deff by this point ) BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM *ping*

Not like the people next to me are also empty.
>>
>>29643681
He did if you noticed, he shot first, missed and hit the window.
>>
>>29643714
As are the roads of every large country, who the fuck makes roads that bent all the fucking time? On average over 1/5th of all the miles on America's highway system are straight enough to land and take off a cargo jet
>>
>>29643397
I remember watching a History Channel doc where they took it a step further.
>"Soldiers quickly discovered this deadly flaw and used it to their advantage."
>"They would count shots fired and before the last shot, they'd quietly reload, and simulate a ping to trick the Germans into sticking their heads out."
I shit you not, they really said that.
>>
>>29643466
Actually heard that one in person from a Korean War vet. Claimed he switched out his carbine for a garand for that reason. He's a really nice guy but I'm guessing the Norks/Chinks either didn't feel the bullets or they were missing their targets.
>>29643397
I always love the Sherman Ronson meme
>>
People rant and rave about how the ping thing wasn't actually a thing, but there's legitimacy to it.

First off, you can very easily hear it during gunfire. Dunno why people say LOL WITH ALL THE SHOOTING YOU CAN'T HEAR IT. Go to a range sometime, it's very distinct and noticeable.

Secondly, no, you'd be a fucking moron to charge someone on a ping. But it's very believable that if you were behind cover and were only being shot at by Garand McGee and you heard a ping, you may bolt to a different position a few feet away or poke your head out to get some vantage.

It's bullshit but not completely.
>>
-18th-19th century warfare was just two parallel lines walking up to eachother and shooting until a bayonet charge.
-Americans were the 1st to start fighting in an irregular snipey fashion
-Musket was so inaccurate it couldn't hit a barnside at 50 feet.
-Romans were blood-and-iron machines of perfect automatronic discipline
-Infantry ceased to exist or be of any importance between Hastings and Agincourt.
-It was an older meme myth that the Saracens were universally more lightly equipped than the Crusaders but that's been subsided somewhat.

Been told the WW1 "Lions led by donkeys" is not accurate but I am not familiar enough to attest to that veracity.
>>
>>29643767
>>29643397
I found it. I'll try making some webms or something.
>>
>>29643788
>He's a really nice guy but I'm guessing the Norks/Chinks either didn't feel the bullets or they were missing their targets.
Or it's bullshit anecdote and the guy would rather blame his gun than admit he was the problem.
>>
>>29643835
/k/ doesn't allow webms with sound, just so you're aware.
>>
>>29643537
The cops screams dont feel very good.
>>
>>29643846
It's cool, I'll upload it to /wsg/.
>>
>>29643855
I actually legit, can not watch that video anymore. I dunno, somethin bout his screams just fuck with me.
>>
File: 357%2030.png (654 KB, 864x576) Image search: [Google]
357%2030.png
654 KB, 864x576
>>29643788
>>29643537
.30 Carbine is like a slightly more powerful .357 magnum

Sure it isn't much compared to 30-06, but it still packs a punch and nobody ever seems to question the power of a .357 magnum. 30 Carbine not penetrating winter coats is fuddlore.
>>
>>29643795
You wear earpro at the range you dingleberry. They didn't wear earpro at the battle of the bulge. Also, we aren't just talking about small arms fire, have you heard a .50 go off in close proximity without earpro, or a grenade, or a field gun?

There is no legitimacy to the ping meme.
>>
>>29643805
Effectively speaking, muskets were close to being that inaccurate because conscripts used in the 18th/19th (and before) had very little marksmanship training due to how relatively expensive ammunition was back then.
>>
>>29643940

I have a question that, while not entirely relevant to the thread, I'm not sure deserves it own.

Do you think trained bowmen could compete with soldiers armed with muskets? I've just been wondering how viable archery could have been until the invention of repeating firearms.
>>
>>29643907
Retard detected.
>>
File: paths-of-glory.jpg (494 KB, 1156x1600) Image search: [Google]
paths-of-glory.jpg
494 KB, 1156x1600
>>29643805

>Been told the WW1 "Lions led by donkeys" is not accurate but I am not familiar enough to attest to that veracity.

It was more a consequence of the nature of the technology that created trench warfare and made substantial progress of any kind near impossible. That said officers who charge tens of thousands of men at machine gun nests simply because they can't think of any better way to break the stalemate really don't deserve a great deal of praise.
>>
>>29643537
What am I supposed to feel?

Don't get me wrong I watched the video and listen to the man's scream and watched the shooter drive away and I mentally know it's sad that it happened but I don't emotionally or mentally feel anything about it.

So what exactly am I supposed to get from this video?

>inb4 le edgy teen may may post
>>
File: 1417232012664.png (187 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
1417232012664.png
187 KB, 400x500
>>29643922
>makes the sound when it ejects from the rifle
>take an empty one and just throw it on the ground to simulate the sound
>>
>>29643449
that is also largely false.
>>
>>29643677
Punishment battalions and "unsavoury individuals" didn't get a rifle in the Red Army, yes.
They weren't sent to the frontlines and were given incredibly shitty tasks (literally), yes, but that did happen.
>>
>>29644009
That actually works, though. Do you even have a Garand?
>>
>>29643940
Shot and powder weren't expensive, but training hours were.

Musketry was only inaccurate because there was no reason to teach your conscripts to aim for individual targets when your target is a pike block literally larger than a barn.
>>
>>29643710
the "ping" noise occurs when the en bloc clip strikes something solid. the ejector in a Garand touches it at all times, and does not "hit" it.

if you forcefully eject an en bloc clip from a Garand over a blanket or something else soft there isn't much of any noise besides the action itself.
>>
>>29643987

>Do you think trained bowmen could compete with soldiers armed with muskets?

Yes and they did, particularly in conflicts between European powers and native populations. The rate of fire from a bow was much greater than from a musket (6 shots or more a minute vs 1 or 2).

The reason why muskets were more popular is that it takes a lot of training to become a good archer while it takes very little training to use a musket. So it was easier to field a much larger army of musketeers.
>>
>>29643753
straight enough, but not strong enough at all. it's a complete myth assumed by stupid people.
>>
>>29644040
Do you really think it would work on dirt and grass?
>>
>>29643537
thank u 4 ur service Vietnam man
>>
>>29644059
Good thing GIs brought blankest everywhere they fought that wasn't grass.
>>
>>29644085
Do you really think it wouldn't on concrete, stone, and rubble?
>>
>>29643795
just want to say that a quiet shooting range isn't a fucking battlefield with hundreds of men firing weapons, artillery and vehicles moving and shooting, on top of bombers and debris falling out of the sky.

then there's environmental noise on top of that.

no. unless you're a small squad at the Bulge, you aren't hearing shit.
>>
>>29643537
What always gets me about this video is that at around 2:45, you can hear the cop panting, and then the guy walks up and says "die fucker" and takes the shot, and then the panting stops. I know it's obvious that he's dead there, but it's just really chilling.
>>
>>29644101
Do you really think those are available at all times? Do you really want to continue this converstaion?
>>
>>29644062

That's what I figured, but I didn't want to go spouting off on something I know little about.

I mean, I know that's common on /k/ and all, but...
>>
>>29644101
Do you really think it would be audible with mortar blasts and other gunfire going off around you?
Do you think battles were fought with everyone doing 1v1 in turns?
>>
>>29643922
>>29644009

More than anything else I'm highly skeptical you could hear a fucking clip hitting the ground on a WWII battlefield.

If you're firing at the enemy chances are there are a bunch of other men also firing at the same time on both sides, not to mention artillery and armor.

And if they do here your clip hitting the ground, presumably you're in a squad anyway so assuming that its safe to get out from cover at that point seems pretty tenuous.
>>
>>29644027
Well no. First, the myths are that they didn't have enough weapons and that they did the every other thing. They did enough weapons, and they didn't do the every other thing.

Second, punishment battalions DID receive weapons (including rifles), though it wasn't uncommon for them to not receive enough weapons (rifles). The Soviets simply didn't care about them and sent the weapons elsewhere, so it wasn't an issue of having enough. Additionally, a byproduct of how Order 277 worked for making the battalions resulted in people being sent to them unofficially, running down their actual numbers. Making it even harder to properly arm some battalions.
>>
>>29643922
>>29643397
>>29643426
>>29643449

Partly playing devils advocate. But if they have a couple of historians saying that this was a problem during combat. What evidence do you have to prove that it was a non issue ?

I'm not interested in anything you have to say other than sources.
>>
File: Turn in your weapons.jpg (56 KB, 512x392) Image search: [Google]
Turn in your weapons.jpg
56 KB, 512x392
>>29644119

A good way to look at it is to look at the American Indians who's braves were all trained with bows. They really didn't get interested in firearms until the late 19th century when cased ammunition, lever actions, revolvers and shotguns started becoming common because up to that point their bows were generally more effective.
>>
>>29644156
My great grandpa's mate was drafted by the Red Army and wasn't issued a firearm because he was seen as a "threat" due to his nationality.
There was a lot of shit happening in '41 and they were really grabbing everyone they could get a hold of, but luckily my great granddad himself managed to avoid the draft and joined the Germans instead when they liberated us.
>>
>>29644048
This is on the American civil war but the same point applies.
>An additional limitation on unlocking the potential of the rifle was the availability of gunpowder, and the pursuant lack of training. Prior to the development of industrialized chemical plants producing copious amounts of gunpowder, in the mid-19th centuries, armies simply could not expend large amounts of gunpowder for training. As a result, the average infantryman simply did not have extensive firearms training beyond simple maintenance and loading drills.
>>
>>29643537
should've shot the motherfucker when he wouldn't back up. And they say Cops should be exercise more discretion holy shit.
>>
>>29644007

I wouldn't presume to tell you what someone is "supposed" to feel, but it would be natural to feel sympathy for the man being murdered pointlessly, screaming and begging for his life.
>>
>>29644116
The fact that you think ANYONE is arguing that that was the case at every moment is laughable.
Sometimes it was. Sometimes it wasn't. Saying it never was is retarded.
>>
>>29644201
>My great grandpa's mate was drafted by the Red Army and wasn't issued a firearm because he was seen as a "threat" due to his nationality.
Again, that's not an issue of not HAVING ENOUGH weapons. That's an issue of trust and not caring.

Also, that sucks. Where was he from?
>>
>>29644167
Burden of proof is on the historians though. If it is an issue, then there would be documents mentioning it that could be used as primary sources.

If it wasn't an issue though, then there really would be no way to prove it since why would anyone at the time mention a non issue in an official document?
>>
>>29643677

>The Holocaust happened
(just kidding)

Shit-eating coward. The heebs have you whipped pretty good I see.
>>
>>29644167

It's dependent on three things.

a) everyone reloading at the same time

and/or

b) the ping being sufficiently loud amid the surrounding gunfire

and/or

c) everyone reloading out of cover in such a way that they could be easily engaged.
>>
>>29644027
"The simultaneous formation of penal units and ancillary rearguard blocking troops in Order No. 227 has occasionally led to a modern misconception that penal units were rearguarded by regular units of the Red Army. Although the practice of using regular army troops as a rearguard or blocking force was briefly implemented, it was soon discovered that the rearguard did not always carry out their orders with regards to penal unit personnel who retreated or fled from the Germans. Consequently, until the end of the war, the task of preventing unauthorized withdrawal of penal unit personnel from the battlefield was handled by the anti-retreat SMERSH detachments of the Soviet NKVD."
>>
>>29643677
>The Civil War was over states rights

The average southerner was pissed over the Morrill Tariffs, whereas the higher-ups didn't want abolitionists freeing their slaves.
>>
>>29644113
It's that scream that got me. Now im just mad :(
>>
File: UK_Legal_Firearms.jpg (237 KB, 1200x877) Image search: [Google]
UK_Legal_Firearms.jpg
237 KB, 1200x877
>>29643397

Brits can own weapons, and can actully own weapons that aren't allowed in many places in the US.

Semi auto shotguns with detachable magazines
>20mm rifles (providing they don't have explosive ammunition)
Suppressors for whatever you want
Black powder canons
>>
>>29644276
http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html
>>
>>29644220

>sympathy for the man being murdered pointlessly

OH not this fucking bullshit again.
>>
>>29644294

Er, did I miss something?
>>
>>29644254
Estonia, but he deserted once the Soviet shit broke down and they retreated in the summer. Sent to the gulag after the war, didn't come back.

People at the time were genuinely thinking that the Germans were going to win the war so '41 was a time of wrecking as much shit up for the Soviets as possible. Really sucks for us that they ended up losing.
>>
>>29644285

I didn't know .22lr semis were legal.

I'm honestly surprised by that. You might not kill people at great range, but anywhere that semiauto makes a significant difference, like close spaces or short-mid range, you can cause a hell of a lot more panic and damage with a .22lr semi than any manual action.
>>
>>29644059

>if you forcefully eject an en bloc clip from a Garand over a blanket or something else soft there isn't much of any noise besides the action itself.

Nope.
>>
>>29643677
>They only even gave every other guy a gun, and that guy would just get a clip of bullets

kek. i remember some medal of honor game where you started a level with a handful of nugget food and had to go find a rifle.
>>
>>29643677
>The only reason the Allies won WW2 was because of America
wait, literally who says that? Boomers? Everyone under the age of 40 i've met thinks the fucking Russians won the war WITH NO ASSISTANCE WHATSOEVER from GB & USA.
>>
File: England - Orwellian.jpg (2 MB, 1883x2609) Image search: [Google]
England - Orwellian.jpg
2 MB, 1883x2609
>>29644285

>Manual action

Its totally an AR guys...lulz
>>
>>29644326

Pretty much is with the Jamomatic 15, tbqh senpai
>>
>>29644285
There isnt anything you can own in Britain that can't be owned in the u.s. but there are lots of things that can be owned in the u.s. that can't be owned by Brits. Even the most basic rifles there take as much paperwork as the most potentially dangerous rifles here.
>>
>>29644220
>but it would be natural to feel sympathy for the man being murdered pointlessly, screaming and begging for his life.

But cops do that to people every day, why should I feel bad for this pig?
>>
>>29644319
Have you never seen enemy at the gates? MoH:AA rips that off, and so does CoD:WaW.

That shit is one of the reasons so many myth about russia during WWII exsist. Including russians actually having british accents
>>
>>29644322
Well, first that's how what we were taught in school presented it. (About 7 years ago). But honestly, just about everyone I happen to talk to about it says something to that effect. Strangely enough, they're mostly staunch liberals.
>>
>>29644373
I dont think that last one is a myth just a stupid inference
>>
File: edge.png (322 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
edge.png
322 KB, 420x420
>>29644367
>>
>>29644313
That sucks he was conscripted and sent to a gulag mate, I'm sorry.
>>
>>29644102
Not every firefight in WW2 is a major battle. During the smaller engagements (especially in urban environment) I can imagine a sound of "YO IM OUTTA AMMO FAGETS!" being... relevant.
>>
>>29644353

That completely depends on what sate you are in.

Its easier to get a saiga in the UK than it is in California.
>>
>>29644313
>Really sucks for us that they ended up losing.
>Wanting the nazis to win
>>
>>29644167
They hold some ethos as historians, yes, but the problem is, they're not giving any primary sources. An appeal to authority is not enough. No interviews by veterans of either side. No secondary sources either. No journal entries or letters by soldiers at the time stating this is a problem. No memos by the US military stating it's a problem. No memos by the Germans or the Japanese stating it's a tactical advantage to listen for pings. No names of any of the "countless GIs" who lost their lives. Nothing. Furthermore, the History channel isn't exactly a scholarly source. The truth is, there's so much anecdotal evidence and bs out there that we'll never know but it has all the tell-tale signs of a myth. The way it's been repeated throughout the years, with no obvious primary or secondary source besides anecdotal evidence, and it's always evidence given by someone else, and not the primary person. It's always, "my grandpa" or "my uncle" and never "me, I was there." Just my two cents.
>>
>>29644367

Well, one, just because some cops are overly trigger happy doesn't mean they all deserve to be on the other end of that. And two...basic human empathy? I mean goodness, try putting yourself in his shoes in that situation.
>>
>>29643753

i dont remember where i first heard that but i just assumed it was true because it kind of makes sense.

what i never thought about was most roads have fuck huge light poles next to them that would shear a planes wings off.
>>
>>29644262
https://desustorage.org/his/thread/509405/#509405
>>
>>29643537
>oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink
Well, now i know why they call them "pigs"
>>
>>29644399
You shouldn't feel bad, it was actually fairly easy to avoid being sent to a gulag - keep your head down and don't make any noise.
Everyone who was sent to the gulag "deserved" it in one way or another, at least it was justified by the authorities. There really weren't any innocent "dindu nuffin" people sent to Siberia.

>>29644416
From what my grandparents told me, life under the Germans was a lot better, even with the military laws. German soldiers actually mingled with the locals and were kind to civies. And they shot all the commies that betrayed our country in '40 as well. Win-win situation for everyone.
>>
I think it's funny that /k/ disproves historical accounts by virtue of having the ability to rationalize an opinion.
>>
>>29644415
>buy saiga in sporting configuration
>have shipped to FFL
Viola, saiga in cali
>>
>>29644262
>The holocaust never happened
>Man I wish Hitler had hurried up and killed all the jews
Which is it? I don't give much of a damn for the kikes but you /pol/fags always bitch about how the Nazis should've killed more jews but then say that the Holocaust never happened.
>>29643397
>If a .50 cal bullet misses you but comes close, it will still kill you via slipstream or some shit
Not sure how valid that one is.
>>
>>29644307

The cop shot in the video was frisking drivers for cash along with numerous other officers in that department because "lol Georgia hillbilly backwater cops."

The vet had been frisked before and chose to resist. He shot and killed the cop trying to rob him at gunpoint. The video is used to this day on /k/ as bait against veterans and by edgy underage as masturbatory material.

Long story short, wearing a badge doesn't give you the right to commit crimes and half of /k/ is too busy fellating law enforcement to notice.
>>
>>29644424

If I was a cop I would be the "shoot first, ask questions never" type, because I know the worst that would come of it is a paid vacation.
>>
>>29644415
what? You just need to have any semi auto installed with a BB and mags limited to 10 in CA unless it's banned by name.

and there is only 1 saiga banned by name
>Kalashnikov USA Hunter Rifle/Saiga
>>
>>29644285

Why is their a bolt action rifle at the top and one at the bottom with different rules ?

And why the MP5 with no .223 ?
>>
File: 1460646623580.jpg (136 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
1460646623580.jpg
136 KB, 546x700
>>29644262
Day/k/are is over kid, go eat your dinner.
>>
>>29643677
Moi negr.

>>29644138
>More than anything else I'm highly skeptical you could hear a fucking clip hitting the ground on a WWII battlefield
It's pretty damn loud. And in close-quarters combat, you COULD be separated from your dudes while literally meters away from a German.

I don't think that it actually killed MANY American soldiers, but maybe lead to enough individual cases to produce this anecdote.
>>
>>29644434

>Using 4chan as a source
>>
File: 1298485101989.gif (1 MB, 285x242) Image search: [Google]
1298485101989.gif
1 MB, 285x242
>>29644456

>Have FAC in UK
>walk to shop and buy Saiga
>Drive home and shoot large numbers of pheasants for dinner
>>
>>29644470

Ah. Well then, if that is true, then I would agree that the shooting was justified. If still unpleasant to listen to.
>>
>>29644450
> German soldiers actually mingled with the locals and were kind to civies
> And they shot all the commies
Yeah, becoming a Judenfrei country is a small price to pay for such a jolly living.

And people wonder why Russians don't feel bad about their country bullying Estonia.
>>
>>29643677
You know, I remember learning that during the Korean War, Chinese soldiers received less and less equipment by the wave. First wave was fully equipped, second wave got rifles but less ammo, etc and the idea was to scavenge ammo and equipment from the dead of the earlier wave. I wonder if it's true.
>>
>>29644027
>incredibly shitty tasks

Being told to attack the enemy left flank dressed in dark clothing (across a snow-covered field) as a diversion must be the definition of shitty tasks. Poor fuckers.
>>
File: SAS,HK53.jpg (95 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
SAS,HK53.jpg
95 KB, 640x1136
>>29644489

Removable magazine for the bolty at the bottom

Barrel length for the MP5 (although you will be hard pressed to find an MP5 chambered in .223 and up asides from pic related)
>>
>>29644513
>Not bothering to check the thread and see the dozens of primary sources they provide
>>
>>29644528
>skips the part with paperwork
>leaves out the part where you can't have any other semi auto foe above .22
>implying you can't walk into a store in Cali and buy a saiga
You're worse than our sluttiest state
>>
>>29644468
Another .50 cal one.
>it's against the geneva convention to shoot at soldiers with a .50 cal but it's okay if you aim at their ammo pouches and stuff because you're destroying enemy materiel :^)
>>
>>29643677
The civil war was over States rights you dumbshit
>>
>>29644528
Why did he walk to the shop and drive home ?
>>
>>29644468

Nobody actually says that. Remember that /pol/ is a group of people and not one person. So there's the group of people specifically working on disproving the Holocaust in one corner, than the people saying it did happen and it was awesome (these groups don't talk to each other) and then the people who disregard the Second World War entirely and focus on what they find morally disgusting about the Talmud (pedophilia, cannibalism, zoophilia, etc) and so on and so forth.

Other people go to /pol/ and lump the differing opinions of hundreds of different people into one person and then call him a hypocrite.

That's like coming to /k/ and declaring the AR vs AK shitflingers are one person being a hypocrite.
>>
>>29644602

Yeah. States' rights to deny people their rights.
>>
>>29644588
Shittiest*
Damn auto-correct
>>
>>29644602
Those states' rights in question happening to be regarding slavery.
>>
>>29644602
http://www.civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html

>>29644616
Fucking nigger communist kike gays amirite
>>
>>29644619
Which state is the sluttiest then?

Is it Florida?

I'll bet it's Florida
>>
>>29644543
I literally don't see your first sentence as a bad thing.
>>
>>29644531

The problem was the moment it came out the vet had PTSD, his testimony was immediately trashed (I believe the prosecution claimed the word of someone with PTSD isn't valid because having PTSD suddenly means the same thing as going on an acid trip and leaving reality apparently) and the media ran with the "psycho vet baby-killer Vietnam blood-drinker Kills Innocent Policeman With Family" angle.

He was still professing the cop's guilt when they executed him.
>>
>>29644638
Yeah, Florida Man has his way with her every day. The slut.
>>
>>29644612
I can understand that. I still harbor an extreme dislike for most things /pol/ related considering how much of a shitfest their board is.
>>
>>29644638
>Which state is the sluttiest then?
District of Columbia.
>>
>>29644621
>>29644616
>people
Not in those days. It was fought to maintain the union. The big difference was the change in referring to the United States as The United States -is- instead of the United States -are-.
>>
>>29644584

>Sources
>Articles all written by literal Jews, many of whom have been sued for slander in the past

Fuck off JIDF. Don't you have to go suck the blood off the dick of a baby and call it "culture?"
>>
>>29644649
I agree, while I don't like the Nazis, the average German was a good person.
>>
>>29644658
>state
>>
>>29644673
We're talking about the South's reasons mate.
>>
>>29644556
when did this happen?
>>
>>29644716

When you're that slutty, you transcend the petty limitations of state/district, anon.
>>
>>29644680
>Goebbels' diary
>Goebbels
>Jewish
>>
>>29644680
>anything that says I'm wrong is part of the conspiracy!
>Please accept that I am the smartest person alive

You need help.
>>
>>29644680
>Articles all written by literal Jews, many of whom have been sued for slander in the past
Sauce for Jewish?
Sauce for being sued for slander?

I'll be waiting.
>>
>>29644167
Tell me how well you can hear the ping.

Now imagine that amidst the chaos of war.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMxNFaz7Ves
>>
>>29643466
I feel like that came around because someone tried shooting beyond .30 Carbine's effective range.
>>
>>29644751

Goebbels never kept a diary you moron.

Nor could he read or understand English, just like many of his cohorts at Nuremberg, and yet signed confessions in English.

This was not long after a mysterious outbreak of random injuried happened to many of the defendents in their cells prior to signing the confessions, such as crushed testicles, black eyes, missing teeth, broken fingers...

Eh, probably just total coincidence.
>>
File: image:49841.jpg (35 KB, 922x172) Image search: [Google]
image:49841.jpg
35 KB, 922x172
>people arguing over the reasons for the civil war

Let's not forget we literally did the same shit with the British Empire and seceded from them and created our own nation.

Also pic related.
>>
>>29644769
>be shooting at some Nazi in a house
>blam blam blam ping
>clip bounces off the wall, the china cupboard, the coffee table, and finally comes to rest on the floor
>Hans doesn't hear it
Now if you're trying to tell me that every waking moment of WWII had artillery landing next to every skirmish with fleets of planes flying over head and John Philip Sousa was practicing with a megaphone then maybe, but I seriously doubt that was the case.
>>
>>29644790
>stormfag maymays

You know that /pol/ isn't a good source right? Because half the people there are just taking the piss on the gullible? Which in this case is you?

>english
>an uncommon tongue amongst the German elite
>>
>>29643537
Fun fact, Officer Dinkheller had recently been reprimanded for use of excessive force, which is why he was so hesitant in this case.
>>
>>29644207
>one cop dies in the line of duty
>Therefore all cops should shoot first and ask questions later, commit perjury, destroy evidence, finish the job for suicidal people, steal with impunity, rape because they might have an ounce of pot, resist the smallest modicum of oversight or responsibility, etc.

Back to policeone until you can learn to reason beyond a second grade level.
>>
>hurr antman isn't real and was just a forced meme created by dumb dumbs durr

It shouldn't aggravate me this much but how can people be that stupid to think it was made up crap when in fact it actually existed?

>pic related is le antman may may
>>
>>29644489
Removable mag and explaining calibres beyond .50
>>
>>29644826

>english
>an uncommon tongue amongst the German elite

Uh, yes it fucking was you moron. This was the fucking 40's, not 2016 where everyone learned English to make sucking our dick easier.
>>
File: image:49888.png (112 KB, 665x507) Image search: [Google]
image:49888.png
112 KB, 665x507
>>29644864
FUCK forgot pic
>>
>>29644470
That sounds like bullshit
>>
>>29644470
Do you have any proof of that?
>>
>>29644673
You're not recognizing the differences between reasons for seceding and reasons for fighting the war. The South seceded because they feared the Lincoln administration would be in bed with abolitionists and completely do away with slavery, which is in itself untrue (Lincoln wanted the abolishment of slavery to be the decision of the southern states incentivized by the federal government). However, the abolitionist movement was very vocal and there was a lot of hyped-up fears on both sides of the M-D line.

Eventually, one action or another led to the South seceding for fear of the government encroaching upon what they saw as a personal right to property (you're right, they didn't see slaves as people), which in those terms was indeed prevented by the Constitution. Essentially, the secession WAS over states' rights, but those rights directly concerned slavery.

The war itself, on the other hand, was essentially started by Lincoln as a means to preserve the Union, not to free the slaves.
>>
>>29644790
>Goebbels never kept a diary you moron.
Yes he did.

>Nor could he read or understand English
I never said he did nigger, what you read was in English, because most people can't fucking speak German.

>This was not long after a mysterious outbreak of random injuried happened to many of the defendents in their cells prior to signing the confessions, such as crushed testicles, black eyes, missing teeth, broken fingers...
Mkay

>>29644867
Errm, it has literally always been typical of the elite and aristocracy to speak the most significant languages of their time. And for a rather long time, one of those languages was (and remains) English.
>>
>The Soviet Union was a happy-happy joy-joy place painted to look evil and poor by America during the Cold War.
>>
>>29644470
I want your citations, news reports or other public records indicating any of what you just said faggot. You may have the right to free speech but you're pissing on a man's legacy and that doesn't sit right at all with me. A man was murdered and you come along justifying that outright murder. Put up or shut up troutmouth.
>>
>>29644792
It's really a matter of the issues of the time. Taxation will transcend any societal change, so the Revolution will hardly ever look bad from here until the U.S. ceases to be. The Confederacy, on the other hand, was founded to preserve states' rights to property (read: slavery), which at the time slaves were seen by most except for abolitionists as true property, whereas nowadays mass consensus is that human beings all have inherent rights regardless of physical or spiritual characteristics.

Essentially, the Revolution is free of societal change of perspective, while the Civil War simply will never be.
>>
>>29644962
God this one always gets me. I grew up in the USSR, as did my entire family. Were we happy? Yes. Were we fed? Yes. Was life basically of good quality? I'd say so. Was it a wonderful utopia, full of unicorn farts and no evil or wrongdoing? Try saying that to any Soviet citizen. I fucking dare you.

(Though I have to admit, the US did/does lie about shit a lot)
>>
>>29645005
Did you read the pic

I'm stating out that to those that are wanting a revolution and supports it but demonized the south and shit is no different from the people starting a fight with the British empire and seceded away and making their own laws and their own country
>>
>>29644319
>>29644373
Call of Duty: Finest Hour had it too.
>>
>>29644819
>You're clearing a house alone
>You're stuck clearing a house with an M1 Garand and not a Thompson, Ithaca, M1 Carbine, Grease Gun, or a 1911
>You don't retreat behind concealment to reload the rifle
>No kraut weapons laying on the ground to pick up and use (before I get 'le life isn't call of duty lmao' meme picking up a perfectly good gun off of the ground when yours is empty is a completely viable tactic, real life isn't MGS4 either.)

Literally all the odds would have to be stacked against you. In reality, a ping telling people that you're reloading is more likely to get them killed than you. Because somebody else will just shoot them instead.
>>
>>29644977

[sound of police fellatio intensifies]
>>
>>29645039
Right, I get where you're coming from in intentions of revolution but I'm just talking about perceptions. I don't think it makes someone a complete hypocrite to praise the Revolution but demonize the CSA due to the fact that slavery nowadays is recognized as a major human rights transgression. Most people don't understand that back then, the majority of the population thought of blacks as property, which justified the actions of the South back then. It may make the people who demonize them a little under-educated about the issue, but I think to bash them for it and call them an outright hypocrite may be a bit much.

I agree with you though about the principle behind the matter, that people who praise the Revolution but give the CSA shit are wrong in principle, especially if they tout the idea of a current revolution, but in a purely general sense there's a lot of difference between the American Revolution and the South's secession, especially in terms of societal change.
>>
>>29643922
I can't believe David "Good Solid Tank" Atwater said that shit. Lost all credibility right there.
>>
>>29644543
We had about 4000 Jews before the war, 90% of them left for Sweden or the Soviet Union before the Germans ever got here. The ones who went to the SU came back after the war.
>>
>>29645061
>alone
Right, because your whole squad reported into the room the exact time as you did
>stuck with your issued weapon
Sorry, no ammo cache sitting outside of the house for you to select/mod your weapons for the next level.
>retreat
No shit, still doesn't stop you from getting shot at
>Kraut weapons lying all over
No, you're right, it isn't CoD, the Germans were notorious for packing 3 primary weapons and slinging them about wherever they were.

Now did someone get shot every time a garand emptied? No, was it even an issue? No, but was it a possibility for the enemy to recognize the sound of an empty magazine? Sure.
>>
File: 1460350164648.jpg (80 KB, 766x960) Image search: [Google]
1460350164648.jpg
80 KB, 766x960
>>29643537
What the fuck was that cop thinking he was obviously outgunned and he tries shooting the guy in the back at like 2:40 so the veteran guy returns to finish him off.

He should have just surrendered or ran at like 2:30 when the veteran guy was walking back to his car
>>
>>29643922
Oh god it's "good solid tank" guy
>>
>>29645039

The problem is it's putting up a strawman because most people don't believe that EVERY revolution is good and right. The only real problem is deciding if a certain revolution was justified or not, which is entirely subjective.
>>
>>29644592
I think that one comes from the Mk 211 round and the controversy on using that on personnel. International Committee of the Red Cross TRIED to have that banned, but nothing came of that.

Although your post does bring up another one.
>every regulation of war comes from the Geneva Convention
>>
>>29643426
>HANS, IT VAS A TRICK
>GET BACK IN ZEE TRENCHES
>>
>>29644097
But... But they did. Even on grass, but they did.
>>
>>29645097
Well thank you for seeing my post in that way and I also understand what your saying as well but there was alot of things young people are not told about in schools these days like one of the major reasons along the south breaking away was because of the high taxes being bright up by Abraham Lincoln and another fact they left out was that the north theoretically attacked the south first and not the south so by that point the south was defending themselfs while the north was on the offensive side.

Also I just want to include that alot of young people tend to forget about how the south lost was because the north had the weapons factories and steady line of supplies while the south lacked the industrial part and relied on what they can scavenge from the farmlands and captured weapons from the fallen union soldiers and they didn't really had a standard set of clothes like the Union had so they just went with what was common amongst the confederate soldiers which was commonly gray.

I'm not denying there was slavery but the fact they miss out on other key points in history is the reason we have such a divided group of misguided and misinformed people these days.

Also I just wanted to point out that the north also had slavery before hand then the south did and the blacks weren't treated well up their as well due to racial tensions at the time but that gets forgotten often.
>>
>>29645273
>Hans do you know any American names?
>Err, James, Fred, Jimmy, OOohhh! I got it!!!
>Hey John are you over there!?
>"That you Hans?"
>YES!!
>*blam*
>>
>>29644652
>ablublu he was made out to be a psycho
When your defense is literally "I killed this man because I was not sane", that is kind of expected.

Besides, the jury saw the dashcam footage and determined that Brannan killed Dinkheller in a premeditated manner.

And no, he wasn't stopped to be frisked for cash, he was stopped because he was doing a fucking hundred miles an hour. Is your response to getting pulled over for speeding to execute the cop?
>>
File: 6VPSMjewvqQ.jpg (16 KB, 276x280) Image search: [Google]
6VPSMjewvqQ.jpg
16 KB, 276x280
>>29645149
There were about 7000 men deported/arrested and sent into camps by Soviets during "the betrayal of 40-41". More than half of them returned home after the war.
>That deserves a yearly national mourning day.
>"But dem jewz? Fuckem amirite?"

Estonia - totally deserving all the LIBERATION it gets since forever.
>>
>>29644450
>Win-win situation for everyone

Made the winners treat you a lot worse, so not really.
>>
>>29643397
"The Soviets won the war all by themselves"!
>>
>>29644543

>Soviets invade Baltic countries
>kill thousands, impose Communism and import thousands of Ruski colonists

Kys retard. Shitloads of recently annexed Eastern Europeans and Soviet minorities welcomed the Germans as liberators until they showed their true colours, and that's only natural when you consider how fucking dismal just a few years of Stalinist rule could be.
>>
>>29645262
I heard that it might have come from soldiers being told not to use the 50 cal spotting rifle of an M40 recoiless rifle against infantry to keep it concealed.
>>
>>29645292
That also misses the economical side of the conflict - South was a huge potential market for expansion of Northern industry, which however remained unexploited due to reliance on slavery-based agriculture, plus Southern leanings towards independence from North denied the former those few markets that it could have used, as Southern states were gravitating towards international trade.

That all pissed the wicked shit out of Northern industrial elite, and contributed to warmongering.
>>
>>29644415
Well, yes, but that's because Commiefornistan tries to emulate the UK.
>>
>>29645405
>Shitloads of recently annexed Eastern Europeans
Literally only Baltics, and maybe Galitsian Ukrainians. The rest were vatniks enough even then.

> until they showed their true colours
That's the whole point:
>- Soviets were assholes!
>- Well, the Germans were also.
>- Eh. Still would've been better if Nazi victory.
>- AYFKM?
>>
>>29645292
Lincoln's actions leading to Fort Sumter were pretty shady; I'd say he knew that the South would react with hostility which is why he sent a resupply ship in the first place, but by letter of the law and the interpretation of the Constitution, the South did technically open hostilities. Lincoln's view was that the Union, even before secession, was permanent and to allow the South to secede would set precedent for any other states to use secession as a threat for any legislation that they just "didn't like" at the time (essentially allowing secession to gain a purely political influence).

Due to this interpretation, he saw any military holdings located within the South (and essentially the South itself) as still belonging under the banner of the United States. Therefore, on the Union side, Lincoln's move to "resupply" Ft. Sumter was perfectly legal and justifiable, but he knew it would provoke the South to fight back, allowing him to forego any criticism of officially "starting" a war.

You're exactly right, there's so much complexity to it that our education system simply cannot cover unless individuals either specialize or take the time and have the interest to gain more knowledge on their own. I blame the system more than the newer generations; I fell like the whole mentality of "teach to the test" and standardized testing itself, as well as societal mentalities towards pursuit of knowledge really holds people back from learning the importance of lifelong learning, as well as verification of sources, asking questions, and further exploration of topics to achieve full understanding.

At the very least, people don't know how to not fucking say anything on an issue they know nothing about, which also has a lot of causes that are based in society and technology in my opinion.
>>
>>29645068
[Sounds of dindu activity intensify]
>>
>>29644977
muh authority
Why hate a yank for killing free men in the civil war? The yank believes he is doing the right thing, and he knows he will have to kill for it. It's arrogant and selfish to assume others wont kill to do their right thing as well.
>>
>>29643855
he sounds like the pigs around me when you shoot them. Not even being edgy, it's just the scream of a fatally wounded animal, and it knows it
>>
>>29645494
It's funny how we're having a much polited and understandable political and historical discussion on different opinions of each other on here.

I also blame the system as well because before I actually believed everything my history class told me about how the norths where the good guy's only and the south was the bad guys only and how the entire war was entirely based on slavery and nothing else and how Sherman was a good man and Robert E Lee was an evil man.

Of course I was young back then and as I grew up I begin to question some parts of things I was told about and considering the othet groups telling me how my class was wrong on alot of subjects I begin to investigate on why they said that and this was a big surprise to me but it took me months before finally realizing that I was literally lied in class about the whole thing and how there was alot into the subject of it.

It doesn't help now with the common core implemented into the system now which is causing young people to be even more misinformed and misguided by the system and it is becoming harder and harder to bring truth of the matter to them without getting shut off by the common youth these days.
>>
File: 1452617190245.png (9 KB, 545x324) Image search: [Google]
1452617190245.png
9 KB, 545x324
>>29645341
Fucking seriously, this is why this sudden wave of "fuck da polisse!!1!" kids is so goddamn insufferable. I am not sure fan of a lot of police or modern methods of policing. We need serious reforms in some areas. However, so much of it is fucking dumb kids mad they got busted with a joint or people outright lying about shit for anti-establishment appeal.

I have seen this shit show up here over and over, and whenever they get asked for a source on it, because this is something that has long been well-known on this board and new information would change it a lot, all we ever get is

>Don't believe me, bootlicker?
>Fuck off pig defense force
>>29645068
>>>29644977
>[sound of police fellatio intensifies]

So basically ignore that bullshit, and ignore those fucksticks. Mostly doing it for attention and I gave it to them, whatever. I'm just getting sick of this very consistent shitposting that's probably from the same five people or whatever.
>>
>>29645445
>Trump gets elected
>California secedes from the Union
>Either we kek at them while turning off the water
>Or we freedom them and Cali stops being a cancer
We can only hope...
>>
>>29645165
>Right, because your whole squad reported into the room the exact time as you did

Yes because you can't have somebody come with you. "Hey, come here I need to search this house" is impossible to say. Like I said, the odds would have to be very much stacked against you.

>Sorry, no ammo cache sitting outside of the house for you to select/mod your weapons for the next level.

You couldn't ask a corpsman, combat engineer, or tank crewman to borrow a grease gun or a pistol? Really? Even if you for what ever reason have none of those sorts of people around or the situation is too hot for them to want to spare something the other shit still applies. There is actually a couple notorious instances of this happening, one of which was in Iraq where a Marine dropped his rifle in a house and borrowed a Corpsman's shotgun to go get it back.

>No shit, still doesn't stop you from getting shot at

They shoot at the place you previously were or don't shoot at all and look for you if you do it right.

>No, you're right, it isn't CoD, the Germans were notorious for packing 3 primary weapons and slinging them about wherever they were.

Nigger I didn't say they would be lying all over but if you for whatever reason don't have a full gun you either didn't top off before going into a building potentially full of people like a dumbass or you likely shot someone. Therefore, there would probably be a gun on the ground. It isn't the citadel in Half Life 2.

Again, I never said it was impossible I said the odds would have to be heavily stacked against you.
>>
>>29645493

Wrong. Integrated Ostbattalionen were around half a million strong. Individual Ostlegionen were around the same number. These consisted out of Cossacks, Tatars, Georgians, Caucasus Muslim, Ukranians and the Russians under Vlasov. A lot of them were drawn from POWs who had no love for the Soviets but most were volunteers.

Add the hundreds of thousands of Hiwis and local pro-nazi militias like in Belarus and literally every major Soviet ethnic group west of the Urals was aiding the Nazis in some, hardly insubstantial manner. The Baltics were just treated the best because the Germans didn't ravage them like they did the Belarus or Ukraine. Not surprising that they don't exactly loathe them then.
>>
Myths I hate
>Garand thumb was an issue soldiers had
(anyone with a 10sec of flash training on the proper loading operation will never get garand thumb)

>Ping was an issue soldiers had
No historical proof of this. Plus PING is extremely quiet compared to BOOM.

>You cannot top off an enbloc clip
Straight up myth

Heres some more
>AR15 is more likely to jam or get fucked up in adverse conditions compared to an AK(M1A/SKS/VZ etc)

>.50 BMG is a precision rifle cartridge
>>
>>29645165
>Sending the long gun in first
If I don't do that with a SAW, you don't do it with a Garand

>No ammo cache
You're not alone either, could be as easy as someone simply handing you their SMG or pistol.

>getting shot at
What the fuck is fire and maneuver?

>not using enemy weapons if they're desperate enough to send a rifleman to clear a building
I don't have it, but there's a picture of a Marine in Fallujah clearing rooms with a PPSH, it happens
>>
>>29645739
>>.50 BMG is a precision rifle cartridge
it wasn't intended for that, but it can do it given the right rifle.
unless the myth you're addressing is all the people who think it was designed as a precision rifle round from the start.
>>
>>29645768
>people thinknow .50 Browning Machine Gun was first designed for long range precision

sad but true. I guess people don't always ask themselves what BMG, or ACP or any of the other cartridge names mean
>>
>>29645728
Can't argue with that. Only mean to say that those were the cases of dissidents and marginal elements working as collaborators, as opposed to entire communities welcoming German occupation.
>>
>>29645684
I think the problem is an extreme prevalence of absolutism (or at least a vocal minority making it look that way). You are either a statist bootlicker, or a dirty dindu nuffin. And then, these ideologies collide and suddenly very few if any can see any shade of grey at all.
>>
>>29645739
>.50 BMG is a precision rifle cartridge
Literally the highest BC you're going to get without going full retard.
Yes, it started as exactly what its name is, but war has changed.
>>
>>29645165
>>29645764
Shit Happens in combat. It's quite plausible that the ping sound alerted the Germans about one or two soldiers reloading at the worst possible time on multiple occasions. It's not impossible. It probably happened.

It is however unlikely that it happened often enough to actually pay it any attention.
>>
>>29645869
What? The best BC belongs to 7mm.
>>
>>29644592
>against the geneva convention
Tfw people keep on citing the GC for everything under the sun and NO ONE realizes it was about the ethical treatment of POWs and noncombatants, not engagements.
>>
>>29645869
>highest BC you are going to get

absolutely false. you need a lighter and thinner magnum cartridge to get the best long range performance. something that will stay going straight when it goes transonic

.50 is usually used for anti-material purposes, not picking off personnel at 1200 meters
>>
File: Mk_15_sniper_rifle.jpg (4 MB, 3022x2064) Image search: [Google]
Mk_15_sniper_rifle.jpg
4 MB, 3022x2064
>>29645739

You know there are sniper rifles chambered in .50 BMG right bro?
>>
>>29645936
any rifle can be a sniper rifle if a sniper uses it
>>
>>29645914
>>29645929
Show me one that peeks above 1.0
>>
>>29645948

US snipers aren't going to using any rifle that can't pass the 1 MOA accuracy test.
>>
>>29645739
>(anyone with a 10sec of flash training on the proper loading operation will never get garand thumb
You're assuming that ALL soldiers were
1. Trained well.
2. Not retarded.
3. Not doing this shit on purpose to slack off in hospital.

>Plus PING is extremely quiet compared to BOOM
It's louder than loud speech. You're telling me that it's alright to audible say "Reloading!" while fighting in close quarters since the enemy won't hear you behind the CHAOS OF WAR?

>AR15 is more likely to jam or get fucked up in adverse conditions compared to an AK
That one's also somewhat true since muh gas piston and sturdier bolt.

I regret nothing.
>>
>>29645982
>I regret nothing.
Of all the myths in this thread, this is the mythiest.
>>
>>29645982
>It's louder than loud speech
https://youtu.be/o2idYNKWGm4?t=38
yeah, it is, but if you're in the shit and you have a bunch of dudes firing, screaming, and other shit, it's gonna be hard to hear.
also the rifle in the video is .308, so it's even quieter than a true M1.
>>
>>29646068
>but if you're in the shit and you have a bunch of dudes firing, screaming, and other shit, it's gonna be hard to hear
I repeat:
>You're telling me that it's alright to audibly say "Reloading!" while fighting in close quarters since the enemy won't hear you behind the CHAOS OF WAR?
>>
>>29646121
Oh, right
>say when you ARE actually reloading, and enemy KNOWS you are not trying to bullshit him
>>
>>29645684
>However, so much of it is fucking dumb kids mad they got busted with a joint
Well, when modern policing is built upon a lie of a foundation (marijuana is dangerous enough that we should arrest people who use it, for their own protection [ignoring that the indignity and consequences of arrest/prosecution/punishment through the justice system for such a 'crime' will far outweigh any consequence of the use of pot] ) then outrage is completely justified.

You can provide zero justification for pot being schedule 1, where the consequences of widespread pot use is any worse than any number of other vices that are totally legal. Don't kid yourself. The drug war is an utter failure for justice and the nation, but it's job security and a paycheck for anyone whose career is within the criminal justice industrial complex. Law enforcement has grown bloated over something that should never have warranted prohibition in the first place and now cops are terrified that the war will end because that might mean their job will go with it.

The war on drugs has been a corrupt government jobs program built upon the fleecing and suffering of the people caught within. Please, please try to justify civil asset forfeiture, I dare you. Please try to justify the massive expansion of police powers over something so innocuous as pot.

The modern American justice system is a goddamn human rights disaster and we have plenty of morons like you defending it. People getting paid to dig and refill holes through government subsidy is nothing new, only I'd prefer innocent people not get buried in them.
>>
>>29645342
>this strawman

I never implied this rememberance day of ours makes any more sense than jews crying about their past.
>>
>.22lr was used by [X] for assassinations.
>One clean shot into the skull and the bullet rattles around scrambling the brain.

Heard that shit out of a co-worker's mouth today. I just facepalmed and sighed as the customer ate that shit up. I mean fuck me he only works once a month for half the day cause his something is dicking someone the boss likes or something, but fuck me...
>>
>>29646270
>The drug war is an utter failure
It is. While completely legalizing pot would ALSO be a failure.

So those are pretty even, except one of them allows for massive kickbacks, eternal populist promises and most importantly - physical and mental abuse of Liberal Arts majors and other hippie faggots. Which makes it instantly better!
>>
>>29643397
>the T34 was the best tank of WW2
>the Sherman cought fire if you looked at it wrong
>>
>>29646368
Jesus Christ, can you show me on the doll where the Drama major touched you?
>>
>>29646368
>legalizing pot would ALSO be a failure
How so? Also
>Which makes it instantly better
Jesus fucking Christ please tell me you're joking. I'd take the rantings of dirty hippie scum over the absolute shit that is the drug war.
>>
File: heart.jpg (193 KB, 527x650) Image search: [Google]
heart.jpg
193 KB, 527x650
>>29646428
>I'd take the rantings of dirty hippie scum over the absolute shit that is the drug war.
I don't mind ranting. It's just that seeing them suffer makes it all worthwhile.

>>29646398
Right here. I loved him. I loved him so much, anon. But he was cruel. Much more cruel than I ever imagined him to be. I don't think I will ever be over it.
>>
>"the Polish airforce was completely wiped out in the first few days of the war"
>tfw a Polish pilot became the first Allied fighter ace of the war on September 16th
>tfw they flew combat sorties until Warsaw fell
>>
>>29646368
You know, there are other radio hosts than Rush limbaugh, anon. And nowhere in the bible does it say that it's a sin to listen to them.
>>
>>29644470
Apparently the guy was going 98 and the officer was trying to write him up for a ticket...

Not saying the officer wasn't a corrupt dickhead cause I wouldn't know, but I don't think that's what was going on here.
>>
>>29644819
If you let loose with a whole clip of .30-06 inside a house, All you or the Kraut will hear is:
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29646482
Literally who?
>>
>>29643795
>>29644347
Only with shit ammo
>>
>>29644470
[CITATION NEEDED]
[CITATION NEEDED]
[CITATION NEEDED]
[CITATION NEEDED]
[CITATION NEEDED]
>>
>>29643795

I can imagine a scenario where the PING got somebody killed.

I can't imagine that this scenario would be commonplace enough to actually matter. I mean, if you're in a situation where the PING might cause you to be killed, then chances are you weren't going to survive anyway, PING or no PING.
>>
>>29644819
I take it you have never fired a gun indoors without hearing protection. If you want my advice, never try it. Keep some electronic muffs with your home defense gun. If you get a good pair you can hear every movement in the house.
>>
>>29645430
That's not really true, the North did far more international trade, and had far more potential for international trade, than the South. It's the primary reason why no one in Europe really entertained the thought of supporting the CSA, the bulk of trade was with the rest of the nation. The problem with having an almost exclusively agricultural and cash crop export-driven economy that utilized river transport and a massive underclass that is cut out of the economy is your consumer base is minuscule. Cotton was king, but the South wasn't the only place where you could get cotton. The overvaluation of the British textile industry and pre-existing cotton surplus didn't help either.
>>
Even if you could hear the PING after 8 rounds of .30-06, you're assuming Hans knows about it, is listening for it, has enough of a clear head to take advantage of it, and that a Garand ejecting a clip is the only thing that goes PING in a warzone
>>
>>29646763
> The problem with having an almost exclusively agricultural and cash crop export-driven economy that utilized river transport and a massive underclass that is cut out of the economy is your consumer base is minuscule
That's the point - Northern elites didn't appreciate a huge potential market remaining POTENTIAL - due to both resisting intrusion of Northern industrial capital and not being able to sustain a serious consumer base.
>>
>>29644470
Your one of those faggot "sovereign citizens" arnt you?
>Hurr tickets are robbery
>I don't know how social contracts work or why they issue drivers licenses.
>>
>>29644290
Mississippi did not beat around the bush
>>
>>29644638
If your deciding factor is stds per capita I'm pretty sure it's still alaska.
>>
>>29646792

Listen for PING go to rush GI in cover as he is reloading. Turns out it was the spoon on his grenade and you are now in the open as the shrapnel turns your guts into mushroom soup.
>>
>>29643677
>>Anyone can walk into any gun store just just buy a machine gun for $600
The only problem with that in my state is the price.
But in Utah, they literally just give a background check, and done.
No permit, nothing.
>>
>>29644790
He most certainly did keep a diary and did speak english. The German high command were as bunch of cock sniffing massive cowards. They pretended not speak english to but were outed.
>>
>>29644720
it takes two to tango though
>>
>>29647480
To fight a war, not start it.
>What was the basis behind succession and the casus bellus for the war
>The declarations of independence of Confederate states state slavery
>Casus bellus was also stated to be slavery

The Confederate States, as they themselves stated, the reason for succession and war was slavery.

Two to tango my fucking ass.
>>
>>29643426
>en-bloc ejects
>"OTTO! DAS PING!"
>two Krauts stumble out from behind a rock, bratwurst and pretzels spilling out of the pockets of their lederhosen
>unload their MP-40s on the doughboy
>nothing happens
>lol only 9mm
>>
>>29644285
doesn't the legal paperwork make owning a gun in the UK a bitch though? i thought it was like france where you have to jump through a bunch of stupid hoops just to be able to shoot
>>
File: 1457941517719.gif (2 MB, 240x103) Image search: [Google]
1457941517719.gif
2 MB, 240x103
>>29647720
lol'd, only 9mm
>>
>>29643677
The Civil War was not a war over slavery, the north had slaves at the start of the war, and still had slave owning states after the Emancipation Proclamation. The war was over the Federal government's power over states rights, not a battle of morals, you uneducated fuck.
>>
>>29644853
But that's not what he was saying. He said that this guy was visibly fucking crazy, and seeing how he was pulled over for driving at 100MPH, I would say he was more than justified in firing when he approached.

Trying to move the goalposts isn't working for you, friend.
>>
>>29647933
>Federal government's power over states rights,

rights to own human slaves you mean.
>>
>>29647933
Go read the Confederate States' declarations of independence. They don't really mention states rights. However, they do talk about slavery a fair bit. For the Confederates, the war was indeed about slavery.

>not a battle of morals
I never said that.

>you uneducated fuck
>I can't disagree with someone without insulting them!
>>
>>29647933
>The war was over the Federal government's power over states rights
And what aspect of states' rights were they trying restrict and why? Oh right, slavery.
>>
>>29644167
>I'm not interested in anything you have to say other than sources.

fuck off, it's common sense

Have you ever shot a gun?
Have you ever shot a gun next to multiple people?
Do you know how loud that is?
Would you charge at multiple people if you could somehow here a ping amidst the sounds of gun fire?
>>
>>29648279
Fuck common sense even, go ask your grandpa
>>
>>29643397
>"However the gun did contain one deadly defect: the gun would ping on the last shot, allowing the enemy to listen for the ping and then charge while the American soldier was busy reloading. This oversight got many American soldiers killed during the war."

Yeah, that tactic helped a ton in Day of Defeat. Not in fucking real life though.
>>
>>29648222
>And they say Cops should be exercise more discretion holy shit.
Unless you're going to try to argue otherwise, this statement clearly suggests that the current furor over police violence and lack of accountability is wrong based solely on the Dinkheller incident.
>>
>>29647922
thoroughly kek'd at this gif and I carry a damn .32 primarily with a .25 in the pocket
>>
>>29643788

Well, the Sherman ronson meme was so powerful that the Wet Stowage system was introduced so that crews wouldn't bail at the first hit for fear of a fire that may or may not happen.
>>
>>29643677
But you can't walk into a store and buy a machine gun for $600
>>
>>29648402
>Live in African shit-hole
>Buy a old Soviet AK-47 with full giggle off the street
>Costs $6
>Offer $7 guess the guy was extra helpful
>He tosses in a scoop of grenades for free
We can dream...R-Right?
>>
>>29648452
tfw you'll never live in a place like this(?)
>>
>>29648394
If I recall the ronson "meme" wasn't completely wrong, just inaccurate

Some Panzergrade ammo was a HEAT round which causes an explosion once it penetrates (and thus having a chance to catch a fire)

Though the HEAT round was limited. the fact that the ground forces didn't expect shit like panthers they typically viewed their tank overtly negatively because compared to said panthers they were relatively ass, however shermans were not too bad themselves and they didn't inherently burn up, but when their ammo storage was hit you'd bet your sweet ass it would and since everyone was cracking jokes about how they'd light up on the first hit the R&D team obviously developed wet stowage

TL;DR
they did explode, but only if they got their ammo hit as expected, the crew being stupid and pansies thought that it was their tanks fault in reality it was german munitons and good aim that typically burnt out the shermans,not the tank itself and they bitched untill wet stowage was invented
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.