[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else wants to join the military but can't? I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: fuerza aerea.jpg (193 KB, 639x618) Image search: [Google]
fuerza aerea.jpg
193 KB, 639x618
Anyone else wants to join the military but can't?

I want to join the air force (since middle school) and be a test pilot or a fighter pilot. My plan would've been to join the AFROTC, worked towards a future as a pilot and graduated an officer. The problem is though that I have asthma. Soo I'm fucked. Any similar stories from you guys?
>>
>>29598417
I want the opposite. I want to be the charismatic leader of a guerilla army.

Then one day liberal college students will wear t-shirts with my face on it.
>>
Was Marine Corps ROTC for two years at university, got in a ski accident, had to have surgery on three limbs, no branch will take me, even enlisted.

All I wanted in life was to fly that F-35B.

Years later, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with myself.
But I've come to the conclusion that I probably woulda died, so.
>>
Same story. I wanted to go army and fly helicopters in the worst way. Had a boss who was a CWO, helped me through a lot of it, as far as school and keeping my nose clean, etc. Even got halfway to my private license(just hoping to improve my odds) before I got med DQ'd and my waiver got shot down. Feels fuckin bad man.
>>
>>29598489
what was it you were DQ'd for?
>>
>>29598477
Fuck dude that sucks. especially because you actually had the chance to do it at some point. even if you did die though it would've been something you enjoyed doing though...right?
>>
I really do feel for all you anons that want to join but can't due to medical reasons. I'll be leaving soon for infantry OSUT and I couldn't imagine what I'd do if I got kicked for something. Best of luck to you guys :/
>>
>>29598585
good luck to you too dude i hope things work out well
>>
File: 1459976418237.png (17 KB, 882x758) Image search: [Google]
1459976418237.png
17 KB, 882x758
>>29598417
fuck off
you can fight through asthma and lose it, thats what I did through running, no more asthma
For my part, i have bad nut allergies (anaphylactic) and i have to carry this fucking epipen and I cant join
kill me right now
>>
>>29598675
>For my part, i have bad nut allergies (anaphylactic) and i have to carry this fucking epipen and I cant join
I know that feel. If I'd known it was going to be such a big deal I would have never mentioned it.
>>
I tried joining the Marines, fainted after the blood draw for some reason and was rejected. Sucks.
>>
>>29598675
My allergy is exercise induced and allergy induced so I don't think i can put up much of a fight for the latter...right?
>>
Shit eyesight and i can't afford LASIK
>>
>>29598417
DQ'd for mental health bullshit. Later found out it was so a recruiter's nephew could get my spot.
>>
File: 1453960135165.jpg (137 KB, 727x768) Image search: [Google]
1453960135165.jpg
137 KB, 727x768
>>29598568
Maybe. From what I hear it's not the Top Gun life it's cracked up to be. And I'm positive what wife/gf I had would've cheated on me.
Or maybe there was just some poor sap who isn't going to die now because of me.
>>
>>29598417
yes i wanted to go air force but was born with a heart condition. JUST
>>
>>29598737
I think LASIK is disqualifier too man
>>
>>29598776
Well technically you can get some chink doctor in chinkistan to do it and not have it go on medical records if you want to join that badly.
>>
>>29598736
I dont know about you, but i aint letting this shit ruin my chances, join or die trying
wish me luck brehs.
>>
>>29598776
Its not, I got LASIK for free while I was in the air force
>>
>>29598836
Good luck senpai
>>
>>29598758
That's fair enough.

In my case i wanted to join not because of a top gun lifestyle but i wanted to be airborne

Also i want to be an astronaut
>>
>>29598838
Thread related story to this. When I enlisted I took the test and qualified for airborne linguist. Would have got flight pay and $70,000 re-enlistment bonuses, and probably spent it all on guns. But my vision disqualified me. After my laser surgery my eyes are 20/10, would have been nice to have 5 years earlier
>>
i cant join because i got caught with weed

>feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>29599006
good fucking degenerate
>>
I wanted to join up to fulfill my family legacy, but A) I'm a big fat fuck [which isn't a big deal] and B) I don't suffer bullshit [which is]

Couldn't even join the Air Force since I'm too tall and have too shitty eyesight to be a pilot (read as: the only reason to join the Air Force)
>>
File: Vetsforpot.jpg (138 KB, 986x554) Image search: [Google]
Vetsforpot.jpg
138 KB, 986x554
>>29599006
>>
i to wanted to go into any branch as a mechanic. i just want to work on heavy weapons of war but can't. i have a semi functional left wrist and ocd so i'm disqualified. more so for the left wrist than the ocd. the ocd i can easily mask (at worst they would just right me off as quirky) but the wrist... i broke my left wrist when i was 12. half the bone that attaches to my wrist to my arm shattered so i don't have full strengthen in it.

sucks because i can't really do anything i truly want to do because of it. can't collect any sort of aid since i can move it which sucks even more.
>>
>>29599082
There's some hidden gems in the air force people don't think about. Plenty of jobs have crazy high resign bonuses, even in enlisted. Air traffic controllers are hard up for people because E4's are getting out for $80,000 a year jobs.
>>
>>29599200

i had some time off before my B-course started so i worked with the Air Traffic Controllers on base. it's a pretty high stress career field too. you gotta be good, and there was a constant stream of guys who made it through tech school and had to reclass due to failure to qualify.
>>
>Be 16
>Be ROTC fast track.
>Be command
>Life looks good man.
>Knee surgery get booted.
>Knee surgery was botched.
>ever day is agony
>Feels bad man
>>
>>29599283
you mean JROTC? If so that means jack shit in the military. Its all the JROTC losers that just get in the fucking way. They think they are hot shit. they aint nigga.
>>
>>29598417
I feel your pain. Fellow asthma bro here. I was born a month and a half prem and my lungs never developed fully so I've had a life of respiratory problems.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.