[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did I do wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 847x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 847x960
I've been shooting my whole life and have a decent knowledge of firearms (not claiming to b a expert) and own quite a few. Noguns friend starts shooting with me and decides he wants one but wants me to come with him. He was kinda low on funds and we found a brand new savage axis in .308 on sale. Fudd camo stock but I told him he could replace it easy if he felt inclined to do so. Next day he's showing pics around the office and a older fuddish coworker comes up and starts ragging on him about it. Finds out I helped him with the purchase and starts raging about how I steered my friend astray.
>>
Post something interesting next time.
>>
>>29597731
Axis is kind of an el-cheap-o rifle that he's liable to outgrow later on, but if you're not rich it's an OK place to start. A .22 rifle would probably have been better, but a lot of newcomers really don't want them because they figure if they're only going to own one firearm it better have some more versatility.
>>
Savage Axis is a good gun and tends to be priced well. If he wanted .308, his call, though I'd have pointed him to the cheaper to shoot .223 myself.

Tell the fudd to fuck off.
>>
>>29597731
Things that happened.
>>
>>29597731
You dun good, OP. Fudds need to fuck off before they ruin our sport/hobby.
>>
>>29597731
>Fudd
>mad about a camp bolt action
Pick one
>>
>>29597749
>>29597752
Honestly I tried pointing him to something that had a cheaper diet but he wouldn't have it. He seems happy with it. Granted that fudd coworker is the same guy who came in Monday morning with a story of how he followed a mountain lion into its den and shot it with a .45 over the weekend. No pics or anything tho.
>>
>>29597805
I say fudd because all he owns it bolt actions in your standard hunting rounds and thinks any "assault rifle" is over kill and unnecessary
>>
>>29597731
I bet he owns entirely remingtons
>>
>>29597835

The axis is a bolt action rifle.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.