[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to sight in my red dot to keep the dot where it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
File: 20160404_144620.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160404_144620.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Is it possible to sight in my red dot to keep the dot where it is in this picture?

If so, how?
>>
By using the adjustments?
>>
I don't understand how sighting in works and don't understand the youtube videos explaining it. If i mess the windage and elevation it changes where the dot is at. If i want the dot right where it is in the picture it seems impossible?
>>
buy a riser
>>
Lower 1/3 cowitness mount
>>
>>29594811
>>29594817

that's my gun. But i didn't sight it in i just changed the knobs to put the dot where i wanted it. i was gonna go to the range today to make sure its hitting where the dot is but i have no clue how
>>
>>29594809
you need a higher riser if you want your dot over your front sight post.
>>
>>29594827
i don't think you are understanding what im trying to say. i want the dot where its at now but i want it to be sighted in there.
>>
>>29594809

>I don't care if my gun shoots straight as long as my dot is right in the middle of the scope
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: image.png (329 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.png
329 KB, 512x512
>>29594835
>>
>>29594842
your comprehension skills are not exactly up to par, are they?
>>
>>29594809
>If i want the dot right where it is in the picture it seems impossible?

Yes, the dot will move from this position after you zero the optic.
The only way to prevent this would be making your own mount that moves the whole optic so that the dot is perfectly centered.

However if you stop being autistic and deal with the dot being very slightly off center after being zeroed, you can continue to use the optic without the need to design and CNC machine a custom mount.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 510x510) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 510x510
>>29594835
Has to be b8, someone can't be this fucking dense
>>
great troll thread 10/10
>>
>>29594790
let me explain this like you're 5 years old and too dumb to breathe:

1. your gun shoots a certain way all the time with the same kind of ammo. different ammo shoots a little differently each time.

2. you should always adjust your dot so that whereever the dot is, is where your bullets are hitting at a certain distance (like 300 feet or so)

3. stop caring about where the dot is in relation to the scope's housing - that doesn't matter at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 965x971) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 965x971
If OP bought a cheapO airshit sight, the sight will not be parallax free and will move to the sides inside the tube.

If this sight was a quality red dot (aimpoint) this thread would not exist.
>>
>>29594867
makes no sense.

if i want the dot near the middle but the bullet trajectory makes not near the middle, what is object here?
>>
>>29594884
still works tho huh
>>
>>29594892
You mean it used to, cause now you have no idea where the bullet hit in relation to the position of the red dot.

And that's why your red dot doesn't stay in the center
>>
>>29594884
is it just me or is that optic rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise?

>>29594889
that makes perfect sense. what are you not understanding? the dot and the scope's body have no relationship to each other when your goal is to align the dot with where your bullets strike the target.

the point of a scope's red dot is to make hitting a target easier and faster. that requires adjusting that dot so it aligns with where ever your bullets are striking.

stop obsessing with having the dot in the middle. any decent scope will have the dot close to the middle anyway when properly sighted in.
>>
>>29594889
The problem is that your gun doesn't want to put bullets where that red dot is currently. Sights are adjustable to match where the gun shoots, guns are not adjustable to match where the sight points.

If you absolutely want to leave the red dot in the middle like it is now, just don't touch the adjustments. It'll be dead center in the middle, it just won't be pointing where the bullets go.
>>
File: IMG_0978.jpg (476 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0978.jpg
476 KB, 1632x1224
red dot thread?
>>
>>29594884
>will move to the sides inside the tube

This is not parallax, it's what reflex sights do. If it didn't do this, you couldn't hit shit unless your eye was lined up perfectly behind it, you mong.
Parallax error is when the dot (POA) moves differently from POI. Besides, no reflex sight is 100% parallax free, the error is just minimal with quality ones.

Anyway, you misunderstand what OP wants, but I don't really blame you since OP is a dumbfuck.
>>
>>29594943
no. this is just sad. OP doesn't care about accuracy, he just wants a dot in the middle and somehow adjust the rifle to the dot instead of the other way around.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 343x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 343x317
>>29594943
>mfw sending one of my T1s for service to aimpoint
>>
File: IMG_0963.jpg (637 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0963.jpg
637 KB, 1632x1224
>>29594954
ya know just move the barrel around

>>29594961
wew whats the turn around time?
>>
>>29594943
I dont think I can take anymore after this thread
>>
>>29594973
its fun to see what people can come up with
>>
>>29594969
Called early this week, they are moving their offices. Guy actually told me not to ship it back until Friday. I don't know about turnaround time. Good thing it's not one of my primary sights.
>>
>>29594809
How come newbies like you get to buy the cool shit and I'm stuck with soviet milsurp in europe?
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 1000x1000
Sorry these Anons aren't helping OP.

It's in no way unreasonable to want your rifle to shoot where the dot is instead of making the dot go where the rifle shoots.

Just grab pic related and use it bend your barrel slightly up then to make minute adjustments at the range.

Have fun and good luck!
>>
>>29594985
>Guy actually told me not to ship it back until Friday.
kek at least he was honest with ya
>>
Lighten up, guys. Everyone was gundumb at some point.

OP, where the dot is is where the bullet hits. No, you can't center the dot in the scope without changing that (which is bad). But you can center the scope to the dot.

Follow me here.

Move your head up and down while looking through the sight. The dot moves within the tube, yes? The point of aim (and consequently the point of impact) do not; wherever the dot is, so shall impact your bullets.

Follow me...

Now remove the optic and get a cheek weld on your rifle. Your rifle and head are stationary. Hold the optic in your line of sight (look through the tube) and move it around. The dot doesn't move, the rifle and your head don't move, but the optic housing does.

Are you following...?

Therefore, if you mount the optic lower...

Follow?

Mount the optic lower to the rifle, the point of aim and impact are correct (once zeroed)

Anon, pay attention.

The point of aim and impact are correct, but by lowering the optic housing you can get it more in line with your line of sight to the target.

God damn it I hope you're following.

For most human male eyes, around 1.3" above the rail of an AR15 is ideally centered. Most optic mounts are designed to put optics at this height. You may have a taller mount (1.5"+) or have some wonky mounting setup which is impossible to see because of your photato skills.

tl;dr Get a lower mount. And try not to buy anything Chinese.
>>
>>29595006

I was going to advise clamping the barrel in a vise and twisting or rotating the optic, but after reading your post I believe your method to be superior.
>>
>>29594892
so wait you bought an airsoft knockoff sight for a rifle that shoots actual rounds
>>
>>29594790
Stop being a faggot and get flip up irons
>>
CAWLLUHDOODY!!!!!!!!!
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.