[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maverick 88
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Pic Unrelated.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Pic Unrelated.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
So who has experience with a Maverick 88? Looking at getting one for home defense, many peoiple say its a great gun but they arent /k/ so their opinion doesn't matter.
>>
>>29593890
get a 590
>>
I have one. Its a mossberg 500 without any bells or whistles. Picked it up for 150$. Its indestructible but ugly as fuck.
>>
>>29593896
I'm looking for something inexpensive, and actually Mossys are more than my old lady will let me spend right now.

>>29593913
That's basically what I heard. Over all would you recommend it?
>>
>>29594103
Yeah, I would. Its a great workhorse shotgun.
>>
>>29594103
>he lets a female determine how he spends his money
>>
>>29595674
actually shes the one who makes the money. I'm still in school, so I'm a trophy husband who gets to buy fun toys with her money.
>>
>>29593890
They're a no frills shotgun that despite being an almost carbon copy of the Mossberg 500 doesn't have as large of an aftermarket because some things won't fit.

That being said though there is nothing wrong with it and I personally prefer it to the 500 for the cross bolt safety. For the price you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>29593890
>shotgun
>home defense
lol
>>
It is a solid pump-action 12 gauge for under $200 if you ever find an Academy that actually has one on the shelf.
I bought one when I turned 18 in '06 and have put hundreds, maybe thousands of cheap dirty shells through it, and have never cleaned it with anything other than rags and wd40.
It is great. However, unless you are broke as fuck, move up to the 500 or 590. I have a friend with a 500 that is just about as old as mine, and while both are rock-solid in the reliability department, the pump on his works a little smoother, and the safety on the 500 is actually worth remembering. I act like my 88 has no safety, because fuck that dinky plastic bb gun safety.
tl;dr 88 is good. 500/590 is better. It is all about budget and how long you can wait to get it.
>>
>>29596087
I reread my post and thought it sounded too bias. You can absolutely trust your life to the 88, and after reading the thread and seeing that your money isn't actually yours, totally go for the 88. Worst thing I can say about it is after a decade of owning it, I sorta wish the pump was as smooth as a slightly more expensive one. Maybe the dude with the 500 just took better care of his, and I know he fires his a lot less than I fire mine.
Get the 88. Also, it IS a Mossberg. Worth knowing. "Maverick by Mossberg".
>>
>>29593913
>>29594127
>>29596041
>>29596087
>>29596137

Thannks for the input all!
>>
>>29596013
Kek
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.