[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I take my guns to freedomland?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1
So I'm an engineer who would like to move to Alaska, but here's the problem- I can stand selling most of my guns, with the exception of my Vz 58, mai raifu is laifu. Is there a possibility to bring her back to me at some point to Alaska, or would I have to forget her due to importation laws?

Naturally it has been converted to semi and approved by such by our authorities.
>>
>>29591978

i would mail them. Are you coming from another country?
>>
>>29591978

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/383/~/importing-inherited-or-used-firearms-%2Fguns-%2F-rifles-%2F-pistols-into-the-u.s.
>>
>>29591999
Because the USPS and customs don't can't and inspect inbound packages.

How do you plan to move to Alaska. You need a visa, you don't just move. Under what visa program do you qualify for entry to the U.S.?
>>
>>29592004
I have a friend who gave me a call to work for his company, offering to sponsor my work visa.
>>
>>29591999
>>29592004
Importing rifles that look reminiscent of AKs kinda seems dangerous... Do people do it? I'd rather not get a felony before I even attain citizenship
>>
>>29592020
It's a little be more than that. If you're talking about an H1-B or similar non immigrant visa, it's a lengthy process for both you and your friend. The reality is, your friend is going to have to prove there is a shortage of U.S. citizens in that field of work, that no Americans were willing to take the job, and that the job falls into on that the USCIS will grant a visa for.
>>
>>29592002
So it is possible, neat! Is the permit a shall-issue affair?
>>
>>29592031
I would be talking about immigrant visa... Did I get it wrong then?
>>
>>29592031
I would be talking about immigrant visa, I'd like to move to Alaska permanently... Did I get it wrong then? Do you have any more info about it?
>>
>>29592004

you would mail them to an ffl. Did you think I meant smuggle them in illegally?
>>
>>29591978

side note, as an alaskan, don't live in anchorage. midtown, fairview, mountain view especially. Fuck the whole city, but fuck those areas in particular.
>>
>>29592066
I didn't really understand how mailing a gun would work
>>
Does anybody have a comprehensive link for how work based immigration visa works? I suppose I didn't look into it as much as I should have.
>>
>>29592124
USCIS.gov

No, it doesn't look like you've looked into it at all.
>>
>>29592052
Immigrant visas are even more of a challenge. Unless you qualify to enter and will the DV lottery, it's not going to happen. 4m enter the DV lottery, 55,000 will get permanent residence.
>>
>>29592131
I didn't feel I needed to, I had no idea it was that complicated.
Anyways, I have a master's degree, so I think I should qualify for EB-2. I'll just have to look up the proceedings.
>>
>>29592124
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process.html

In the US green card holders and purchase and own firearms, and you could potentially import your guns. There's forms and such you'd have to look into but you'd need your FFL holder to look into a Form 6 I think it's called.
>>
>>29592157
Ahh I see, thanks.
>>
>>29592149
So you just thought you could pack up and move. You did absolutely no research either. Classic.
>>
>>29592137
Oh damn. Well I guess I'll have to consider Canada...
>>
>>29592174
I said I was considering it, I got the call yesterday. But since the visas are limited by nationality, I suppose being from Czech republic as opposed to China or India would play in my favor.
>>
>>29592187
In all seriousness, you're probably better off where you are. Alaska is beautiful, but it is an extremely tough place. Nothing to do, no women, harsh winters. If I were you, I'd make sure that you have an option to bail out if you don't like it, and leave the guns where they are right now - if things go well, you can always bring them later. If not, hassle saved.

Your place, on the other hand, is booming right now.
>>
>>29594476
I had an advice from a friend, he said that if "You don't go insane the first winter, you'll be okay". So I'm trying to keep backdoors open, if I manage to get in.
>>
>>29592187
You'll never get your VZ58 into the country. It won't meet any importation requirements for "sporting weapons." In fact, it's probably considered a machinegun by the ATF , even if it is no longer or never was capable of full auto fire. This is due to the belief that any firearm modified from a full auto weapon is a machinegun.

Even if you have the more expensive semi auto exclusive receiver versions, such as those imported by CzechPoint, they will be non importable as they are caught as non sporting weapons.

None of this matters because you're a slav who couldn't even be bothered to do the slightest bit of research on immigration to begin with.
>>
>>29596024

"I have no idea what I'm talking about" - The post
>>
>>29596038
Want to know how I know you've never imported rifles before? A non neutered VZ 58 isn't coming anywhere close to being importable. They come in as single stacks like Arsenal's guns.

OP's is probably old shit that's been modified to semi which is consider a machinegun by the ATF.

Feel free to prove me wrong.
>>
>>29596123
I wouldn't call it shit but it's built off surplus parts and converted to semi, yes... Does that make it a machninegun under US law?
>>
>>29596143
>"I can't read" - The post
>>
>>29596024
Well, be so kind and explain it if I am so stupid. How does work visa work if it's not about hiring a guy with a masters degree and vouching for his immigration?
>>
>>29596191
>Hold my hand
Fuck off. We're full up. No one wants any more slavs here.

Why do you think we're building a border with our neighbors? We don't want immigrants here.
>>
>>29596213
>Dey tyk er jaawbs
>>
>>29596213
Fuck, see if I care what you think. I got my answer.

I hope ATF kills your dog
>>
>>29596254
OP wouldn't take shit considering he can't even do cursory research on basic immigration and firearms laws.

>>29596293
>Podívejte se máma meme!
>>
>>29592070
Im in total agreement. Overall, Anchorage is mostly a shithole with some nice people who are forced to work here.

Source: am mountain view hasguns hoodrat
>>
>>29596191
You'll be fine. Leave your guns with your parents and move to AK. Buy new if you want. Ship over to FFL if you can. USA citizenship is worth more than some guns.
>>
>>29596213
>No one wants any more slavs here
Relax, he's the right kind of slav.

Russians is what you don't want to touch with a ten foot pole.
>>
>>29596213
>We don't want immigrants here
Correction, we don't want illegal immigrants here.
>>
Yeah, your best bet is to find a friend to hang onto them if this is just a temporary thing. Not worth the trouble honestly.
>>
>>29591978
Why out of all 50 States do you want to move to that frozen shithole?
>>
>>29596191
Do the damn research. You don't just "vouch for non citizen and they get to come in. It's not some social club you're trying to join.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.