[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Groups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: 20160413_100725.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160413_100725.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Second time shooting an AR15

20 shots, 50 meters (54 yards), standing unsupported.

How I did?
>>
File: IMAG0224.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0224.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
Not terrible. Irons?
Here's my 30m. Standing, unsupported, irons.
>>
>>29591705
>irons?
Yep.
>>
>>29591718
Timing between shots?
Seems like you're anticipating the recoil when you fire.
>>
>>29591749
>timing between shots?
About a second or two. As fast as I can get on the target after each shot.

>seems like you're anticipating recoil
That's very possible but I'm trying to get rid of it.

Any tips or is it just a matter of getting used to it eventually?
>>
>>29591767
Yeah, those are always fun to get tight groups of. I don't have any of those on my phone.
Once you have a general feel for what you're shooting, you'll stop reacting like that.
Maybe slow down and take your time between shots and try to not anticipate the recoil. Just focus on the target and slowly pull the trigger. Smooth pull on an exhale.
>>
>>29591667
pretty good. whast with the keyhole by the number 4? did you enlarge that hole or is the ammo you are shooting not stabilized
>>
File: 1439422725070.jpg (46 KB, 634x413) Image search: [Google]
1439422725070.jpg
46 KB, 634x413
>shots keep landing to the left when shooting handguns
>have had an ak74 and ar15 for two years now
>have no fucking idea what I'm doing with both of these rifles and have never zeroed them properly
>can't see shit at 50 yards irons with them
>sights on my 74 are so blurry
>legitimately surprised when two holes touch in a three shot group when shooting my ar

I often question why I'm even into guns. I have a feeling a first timer would do better than me.
>>
File: 1446403449201.jpg (31 KB, 400x518) Image search: [Google]
1446403449201.jpg
31 KB, 400x518
>>29591838
This has some good tips that may explain . As for blurry sights, maybe you're not using your dominant eye?
>>
>>29591838
>shots keep landing to the left when shooting handguns
Left or right handed? I'm a lefty and I had the same problem at first. I was jerking the trigger to the side.

>can't see shit at 50 yards
>sights are blurry
Sounds like you need to get your eyes checked. Visual imparment is a bitch and it will only get worse. Get yorself checked and use glasses/contacts.

Also, when using a PC/phone/whatever, take breaks to look around. Focusing your vision on a single thing for extended periods of time makes your eyesight go to shit.
>>
>>29591832
>whats with the keyhole
No idea. At first I thought it's 2 shots near each other but it's unlikely that I fucked up twice in the sane exact way.

I was shooting at the range and there was lots of old targets pinned down under mine, maybe that has to do with it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.