[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, /k/ best weapon for somebody with next to no experience?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: Ger25-2.jpg (65 KB, 1024x760) Image search: [Google]
Ger25-2.jpg
65 KB, 1024x760
Ok, /k/ best weapon for somebody with next to no experience? I've heard revolvers are easy to maintain, are they any good.
>>
What is to be the weapon's purpose?
>>
>>29589625
ar 15
preferablly a sw mp15 sport 2
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 625x626
>>
>>29589625
AK-47
>>
Makarov.

you can't possible fuck it up.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 900x675
Minimal cleaning and maintenance requirements; user friendly; price and availability of ammo are not an issue; very reliable; cheap and easy to build yourself.
>>
90s rigid MTB with slicks
>>
File: four_rules.png (75 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
four_rules.png
75 KB, 250x150
>>29589625
Certainly not the gun pictured, you don't want that.

I'll list some ok affordable ones

>Ruger 10/22
The quintessential newbie gun, .22LR is a very light and cheap cartridge, ideal for a newbie to learn the ropes, also it's really fun.

>RIA brand 1911
Can be had in 9mm Luger, .40S&W and .45ACP, cheap and idiotproof, surprisingly quite decent for a 350usd pistol.

>Ruger GP100
Basic double-action revolver in .357 Magnum (can also shoot lighter and cheaper .38 Specials, this is a standing selling-point with any .357 Magnum weapon), built solidly, easy to use, .357 offers pretty good power, but without being a handcannon with a long learning-curve like a .44 Magnum or .500S&W, anyone who shoots casually can learn to handle .357 Magnum, it's like the happy medium of revolver cartridges, which is why it's so popular.

>WASR 10/63
Budget model Kalashnikov clone, can be had for a real agreeable price, nothing amazing, but like the RIA 1911, you get a pretty decent deal for what you pay for. Avoid the old ones (they don't feature the scope mount on the left side), they're abysmal.

>M&P-15 Sport or Ruger AR-556
Basic newbie rifles that does what they have to do at their pricepoint (not suck), as a noob gun, they're a good choice.

>Mossberg 590
Works simply, cheap, shotguns are kind of idiot proof. Avoid the Remington 870

>Makarov pistol
Old Soviet block service pistol, idiot-proof and indestructible, not a power-house, but on the flip side, is very easy to shoot and not too expensive either, compact, and oddly a very safe gun. Available in classic 9x18mm Makarov and .380ACP

>Ruger American (rifle)
Budget oriented bolt-action rifle that's very basic and rather decent quality, light weight, adaptable, available in many calibers, including .223, .270 and .308, to name some. If you need a hunting rifle, these are good.

Observe the four basic rules of safety, and wear hearing protection when shooting your guns (even with a .22LR gun).
>>
>>29589625
New Hi-Point. Cheap, goes bang, can sit in the closet for years and still work, great warranty, made in America.
>>
File: MPA 9mm.jpg (447 KB, 1280x1859) Image search: [Google]
MPA 9mm.jpg
447 KB, 1280x1859
Some more ones:

>Any over-under double-barrel shotgun
Very easy to use, typically affordable, easy to clean, etc.
Stoeger are one of many who make them for fairly cheap.

>Glock 17
Boring, but reliable, lightweight and insanely durable, it'll work great for you. If you don't like the grip and trigger, Ruger, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Springfield, and many more, make very similar pistols with the same magazine capacity and characteristics, but with various different grips and triggers.

>Masterpiece Arms Ingram clones
The MAC-10 and MAC-11 modernized and made to better standards.
I wouldn't say that these are particularly useful or practical for most people, but they're VERY fun. Available as pistols and rifles, I suggest the pistols. Can be had in all sorts of typical pistol calibers.
This is a gun you get purely to go out on a range with and blast at rows of old cans and stuff because really, they're SO fun!

>Colt Trooper
Old general purpose .357 Magnum revolver, has kind of a slick look to it, can usually be found for fairly agreeable price.

>Ruger Security Six
Like the Colt Trooper, general purpose .357 gun that's pretty good and can be had for pretty cheap since it's obsolete

>S&W 5906
Semi-automatic pistol from the 80's and 90's, a very solid all-steel build, good quality, was a real star until the Glock took over, and for the longest time you could find them for quite cheap simply for being obsolete. In recent years, they've regained some of their value as people remember that, they're really very good, if dated (has a bit lower capacity, and weighs a bit more).

>>29590261
Oh yeah, good suggestion!
They're not amazing, but if you're really poor, they're not that bad
>>
File: 1459738952832.jpg (25 KB, 480x433) Image search: [Google]
1459738952832.jpg
25 KB, 480x433
>>29589625
Recently got my makarov bulgy in. It was a bitch to get the Cosmoline off but it was pretty cheap for $300 and I have already put 400 rounds through it with out a single misfire. Very simple to strip and clean and according to every source out there, they are indestructible and will fire after being buried in sandy mud for a decade.

On a totally unrelated note, anyone got some incite for mak ammo?

>>29590163
>>
>>29590356
Hi-Points make great first guns. If someone thinks they want to get into shooting, but decides it's not for them later, they're only out a little bit of cash, but at least they have a gun if SHTF. If they do like shooting, they upgrade and have a reliable truck gun.
>>
>>29590608
>Hi-Points make great first guns
Eh, in some ways, they're certainly not bad purchases, but they're clunky, heavy and kind of uncomfortable, it could put a person off from guns because it's really not quite as graceful and fun as other pistols.
>>
>>29590695
I get your point about clunky and heavy, but a new shooter should be able to decide it they like it or not with a Hi-Point. If they don't, they're not out much money.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.