[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Military Fitness Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 4
File: itaintme.png (273 KB, 270x551) Image search: [Google]
itaintme.png
273 KB, 270x551
Why aren't you sculpting your body into the ultimate weapon /k/?

> not being able to run 2 miles in under 15 minutes (or at all you fat motherfuckers)
> not being able to hold your rifle up for more than 2 minutes
> not being able to drag your buddy to safety
> not being able to decimate your enemies in hand to hand combat

At least I know who's gonna die first when SHTF
>>
>>29589275
But why would I get fit when I can spend thousands of dollars on gear?
>>
you should take care of yourself because youll be able to do more things for longer and being healthier generally makes for less problems.
SHTF is a stupid reason to get into shape- you use your body everyday for everything. that should be reason enough
>>>/fit/
>>
>>29590159
This.
>>
>>29589275
I've lifted and ran relatively consistently since high school, football made me love it. I'm pretty glad I kept it up so I won't have to play catch up at basic
>>
>>29589275
>at least I know who will die first
You, when you catch a fuddy-aught-six in the back by an old, obese, diabetic fudd in fuddcamo that works for his specific 50 acres.

Because you went charging out into the neighborhood in your multimeme tacticool camo carrying 80lbs of bullshit being completely conspicuous and making a ton of noise.
>>
You're kind of a prick troll but you're right. I've been getting back into some serious training here in Arizona, and while my shooting and tactical skills are all still pretty sharp, its my physical fitness that holds me back when we do the more serious classes like the Ground Combat School. I was sucking wind hard, but thanks to a new red dot I still made my hits when the team needed me.

tl;dr he's right, a man is only as hard as his body
>>
>>29589275
Because I'm sepressed, overweight and smoke a lot of camels.

Thanks for asking though.
>>
>>29589275
>OP becomes tactical Adonis
>S hits TF
>runs out
>gets clipped by a ghetto sled because the nig driving it couldnt see around his looted HDTV
>body gets pancaked by a FEMA semi several hours later
>>
>>29589275
I can do all but the first one.
>>
File: rangers.jpg (4 MB, 4914x2392) Image search: [Google]
rangers.jpg
4 MB, 4914x2392
>>29590273
>>29590307
> ITT retards who think that being physically fit somehow makes you retarded and unable to be tactically proficient

Every single military in the world makes their soldiers do physical training. Every single SOF soldier is extremely physically fit.

If you can't keep your own physical fitness in check, what makes you think you can operate?
>>
>>29589275
>Why aren't you sculpting your body
But I am

>Doing Scooby's workshop pull-up training
>running every other day
>Core workouts
>Hiking
>>
What gets me is the astonishingly fat gun owners or even worse fat preppers who are completely blind to the fact that heart disease is killing them long before DeShawn Latrese Washington is
>>
you wont get through to them. they have already heavily invested emotionally and monetarily in their gucci gear. They can't hear you now.
>>
>>29590441
fine by me, more rare loot drops
>>
>>29590441
meant for
>>29590407
>>
>>29590159
>thinking your gear will help you when you can't even walk in a straight line for 12 hours without collapsing
>>
I've run 2 miles in 15 minutes before but I can't go any further than that even at a moderate pace, my throat burns and I can't breathe whenever I try.

t. 5'8 150 pounds

Anyway I'm not really worried about SHTF.
>>
>>29590409

Are you not weightlifting at all? You'll never make serious gains just doing cardio and calisthenics.
>>
>>29590407
>hurr I am somehow the .1% of the internet that is both extremely physically fit and actually good at something else
>hurr I'm smart and you're dumb
I suppose next you'll claim to be a sub-25yo millionaire and that you fuck a supermodel every evening.

Face it, youre on 4chan. Youre just as pathetic as the rest of us.
>>
>inb4 someone says being strong makes you slow and limits your range of motion
>>
File: Big-Dog-490x324.jpg (55 KB, 490x324) Image search: [Google]
Big-Dog-490x324.jpg
55 KB, 490x324
>>29590478
>some rich austist has fused his body with big dog
>the next step in tactical supremacy
>only the dead will know peace
>>
>>29590516
Not yet, I'm trying to drop fat right now.

Once I get my druggy roommate out and I know nobody will steal it I'll get a weight set.
>>
>>29590543
Are you overweight?
>>
>>29590516
as long as you can bench your bodyweight for reps strength really isnt *that* important for modern combat. Though it is nice, but not necessary.
>>
>>29589275
I can do all but one. I'm physically strong, but I can't run for shit.

I figure I'll just fight and die, rather than run, and hopefully go to lady freya's hall.

Or Valhalla. That'd be good too, if she doesn't pick me.
>>
>>29590543
> implying that its difficult to be in shape
> implying its difficult to be skilled at something other than running and picking up stuff and putting stuff down

> fat retard detected
>>
>>29590570
A little, but its due to 2 blown knees and a rod in my back from a series of jump injuries when I was younger.

Btw I can do everything OP listed but the running. I cant run at all right now since I'm on a cane awaiting my second knee replacement.
>>
who /undereatingtoloseweightandbeacutetrap/ here?
>>
>>29589275
>15:00 minute bar

Kek highschool girls run under thirteen regularly. 15:00 minute bars is nowhere near ultimate weapon status. They gotta lower the standard. Fucking disgraceful.
>>
>>29590593
Jump injuries?
>>
>>29590616
What fucking highschool did you go to?

Average girl in mine either couldnt or wouldn't even finish a ONE mile run, and the female track team (which placed at state in about half the events) couldn't outrun our fat noseguard.
>>
>>29590543
Found the upset fatty
>>
>>29590618
Military static line parachuting. I got hurt a lot through a combination of incompetent leadership and bad luck.
>oh we have 37kn wind? Jump anyway, gotta train as you fight!
>Your 45lb ruck isnt heavy enough to be realistic, heres another full .50cal can so you can be double what a T10D was rated for!
Then I landed on a fence post and ruptured 2 discs in my spine because my PL skysharked me.
>>
>>29590604
Just you, faggot.
>>
>>29590639
Lol obviously a breadbasket state where all the girls are the size of the local dairy queen. http://www.milesplit.com/meets/232187/results/429000/raw#.Vw3a6fkrK00
ctrl f 3200
>15:00 hah
>>
>>29590616
Unfortunately, >>29590639 is right. Not that it should be that way, but your average person is fucking disgraceful when it comes to fitness.
>>
>>29590708
>state level competition
>state champion is over 12.5 minutes 2 mile run
Real good job cherrypicking there champ
>>
>>29590755
Friday chandler comp =/= state.
Female race under bar by two and a half min.
http://ms.milesplit.com/meets/233189/results/429907/formatted#.Vw3et_krK00 ctrl f 3200
>five girl race 3 are under 15 min.
I can keep going on. You obviously have no idea what an acceptable level of fitness is.
>>
>>29590591
It depends on your income. Im not even fat but if you're poor its a bit harder to have a good diet and a membership.
>>
>>29590871
>What is running for 500 alex?
clearance shoes cost you 30 bucks and theyll last you a year since youll probably be throwing down one fucking mile a go.
>>
>>29590894
>cardio is the only aspect of fitness

ok bud.
>>
>>29590899
> thinking that you need a gym membership to be fit
bodyweight exercises can do wonders
>>
>>29590871
Membership of what?

If you have enough room to move you can exercise.
>>
>>29590913
the gym, for ya know....strength. Bodyweight can only take you so far. Also, diet is very important for overall health. We live in a world where a cheeseburger is 99 cents but a salad is 10 bucks
>>
>>29590407
You know who actually controls the military though? It's not the people doing that physical shit. It's Congress (or Parliament or the FHC or whatever metric system you other countries use. Probably kilowatts or something.)
>>
>>29590910
Its better than nothing at all but does not compare to the results you can get from actual training at a real gym.,
>>
>>29590935
Rice is $0.50/lbs. Chicken is $2/lbs. Fruits and vegetables are cheap as shit too. You just have to cook.
>>
>>29590935
All I see are excuses for laziness. Bodyweight can make you extremely fit. Eating right is easy if you bother to make your own food.
>>
>>29590951
Don't talk about what you know nothing of.
>>
>>29590899
20 mile ruck. Primary muscle groups used
quads
lower back
core
hip flexors
Hill running works all of that. Pick up dumbbells from wallmart and hit skullcrushers for tri's. you fat fucks always have excuses.
>>
>>29590959
I think you're missing my point. Its much more difficult with a shit income. Im not saying its impossible. Even if you make your own shit ramen is like 10 bucks a crate whereas spinach, lettuce, and other veg is at least 20 to make 10 salads.
>>
>>29590871
>>29590951
>Person who has never exercised in their life insists you need a gym to be fit

I've been in the army for two years and the most complicated machine I've ever used was a set of weights.

Running is free

Press ups are free

Burpees are free

Dips are free
>>
>>29590984
So? What ISN'T more difficult on a shit income as opposed to having loads of money? What kind of reasoning is that?
>>
>>29590836
Again. You are comparing the top end of competitive athletes against a statement containing the phrase "average". Nobody is saying it's impossible, but so far at least two of us are calling you on your bullshit comment of "highschool girls routinely". If, at a varsity level, track athletes aren't under 15 minutes 100% of the time, there is not a single fucking thing routine about the few who do manage it. And they comprise a fraction of one percent of highschool girls.
>>
>>29590983
good luck buying a ruck when you're broke as shit.
>>29590974
>>29590992

are you seriously telling me you can achieve the same fitness goals at the same time as someone who as access to quality equipment with a budget for a proper diet and supps? you're delusional. Lets take a look at all the athletes just using bodyweight excercizes compare them to guys with a budget.
>>
>>29590984
Just shut up dude. You'd be surprised at how many endurance freaks throw down on a diet of straight liquor and cope cans. Diet isnt very important unless youre going body builder or if you dont incorporate enough cardio to balance your eating habits. Youre just making excuses. Bodyweight and scoochin over mountain trails will make you ripped.
>>
>>29591016
Medicine ball(s) + any backpack = improvised ruck

Rocks + any backpack = improvised ruck

stop making excuses (obviously this isnt as healthy as rucking with a pack specifically designed to support your back with weight, but it helps)
>>
>>29590871
>10lb bag of rice
>flat of canned spinach
>flat of black beans/pinto beans
>flat of french cut green beans
>bottle of generic multivitamins
Complete, nutritious dinner comprising all food groups and essential nutrients for 24 days for around $30. Also gluten free, vegan friendly, halal, and potentially kosher.
>>
>>29590999
My point is that there are reasons as to why people cant be at peak physical condition besides LOLEXCUSES. Ive been on both sides of the spectrum, my whole thing stirring shit up is to not give people unrealistic expectations when pursuing fitness goals. You aren't going to look like god damn channing tatum doing 100 push ups a day. To be up to par tactically you need a multitude of shit, its not as simple as OMG BODYWEIGHT. No, SOF dudes have personal trainers assigned to their teams for crying out loud.
>>
>>29591016
>are you seriously telling me you can achieve the same fitness goals at the same time as someone who as access to quality equipment with a budget for a proper diet and supps?

No. We're saying you don't need a gym to be fit.

Enough of your pathetic cretinous excuses.
>>
>>29591036
have fun falling the fuck out trying to hump 35 lbs in a jansport without waist straps
>>
>>29591048
>You aren't going to look like god damn channing tatum

So who the fuck said they wanted that?

>To be up to par tactically you need a multitude of shit, its not as simple as OMG BODYWEIGHT.

Yes, it is. It all depends on how much you apply yourself.
>>
>>29591049
"fit" should be defined as far as your body can possibly go naturally. Not settling for anything else. What is your definition of fit?
>>
>>29591009
Top end with five girls in race. Thats a highschool tri meet A.K.A glorified practice meet. Dude youre fucking delusional. Middle school girls go under 15:00. you need some cardio and a reality check. Fatass.
>>
>>29591048
>Being poor isn't an excuse to be fat

>NU UH IF I HAVE NO MONEY THEN I CAN'T LOOK LIKE AN ACTOR

What the fuck?
>>
>>29591059
I've done it, and while it wasn't pleasant, or as comfortable as using an actual ruck, I didnt have any issues with it.

I'm sure it'd snap my shit with continual heavy use, but its good enough until you can afford a replacement.
>>
>>29591045
Jew here. Halal and kosher are like 90% identical because they're both "how to not get food poisoning in the pre modern middle East" dressed up in religion. The multivitamin would be the only question.
>>
>>29590543
There's a whole fitness board on 4chan though
>>
>>29589275
I have 3 plates and 20 screws in my right ankle and other arthritic problems. Not an option for me. INB4 old fag. I am under 40. Which means I need guns more than ever. In a self defense or SHTF scenario, hand-to-hand self defense is not so much an option for me anymore.
>>
>>29591075
So what youre saying is if I picked out 500 high school girls at random sight unseen, 490+ of them would be not only willing and able to run 2 miles but also complete it in under 15 minutes? Because that is the definition of "routinely"-something being SO common it is an outlier when it DOESN'T happen.

And you call me delusional?
>>
>>29591103
Yes, and theyre all without exception raging autists who don't function in modern society, and the majority are unemployed.
>>
>>29591091
since you know the real reason behind it, do you still follow it?

>>29591111
> checked
its okay senpai, people with medical disabilities or injuries get a free pas
>>
>>29591091
Yeah I know. I was thinking about the mystery salt in the beans and spinach not being kosher salt, which is why I said maybe.

A generic multivitamin doesnt have any salt or animal product in it so it should be safe for any but the ultra-orthodox jews that eschew modern medicine (and as a result will be extinct in the next 50 years).
>>
>>29591112
I have been giving you track splits on all of my posts. Tracccckkkkkk splitttttsss. Where did you get normal girls from? They arent elite level girls. They arent even scholarship to a D2 school, girls. Theyre averagely athletic 2 mile girls. Why would a fifteen minute bar for an "elite warrior" (read op) be acceptable if averagly in shape girls could beat it. Youre retarded dude. Fat and retarded.
>>
>>29591153
>where did you get normal girls from?
"Highschool girls routinely"

At no point did you say "highschool female varsity track athletes", which wouldnt matter because even highschool female varsity track athletes dont do it consistently.
>>
>>29591168
I was under the impression that you'd be able to make basic inferences.
>Link shows HS races.
>Hurr durr normal girls

I put myself through school running. My sisters run. My boys that just got back from basic all run. I'm pretty sure I understand whats feasible for highschool girls to accomplish. You need to go to a meet and get out of your cave.
>>
>>29591153
>>29591153
Right where you used the broad, overarching phrase "highschool girls" with no other qualifiers.

Using your logic I could say that 16-20yo men routinely run sub-3-hour marathons, and when people call bullshit I can reference the handful of olympiads that manage it every 4 years.
>>
>>29591199
Well you clearly didnt put yourself through school on your academics.
>>
>>29591212
Olympic hopefuls need to run sub 2:15 to even get on the radar. You have no idea what a good time is. Also the peak years for men distance runners is late 20's. You cant even make shit up right.
>>
>>29591199
One more fucking time you dense motherfucker.
>yes it can be done
>no, it does not meet or even come close to meeting the definition of routine
>yes, a 15 minute 2 mile is a bit on the slow side and not indicative of an "ultimate warrior"
>yes, you are a moron
>>
I'm gonna throw you guys a curveball - what about fitness training for a cop (like a young cop not a fat one)
>>
>>29591228
>current world record is 2:03
>fastest Olympic marathon is 2:10:42
"no"
>>
>>29591153
> OP here

When I posted the 15 min 2 mile time, it wasn't supposed to represent the time you have to get to be an "elite warrior." I used the time to represent a beginning level of fitness. Same goes for other examples.

Point is that the average person can't even get a 15 minute 2 mile.

Gaining the level of fitness that SF guys have requires overall fitness, not just cardio or strength. Saying that high school girls can run 13 minute miles doesn't prove anything. I knew a guy in middle school that ran a 6 minute mile. Does it mean that he was qualified to join SF? No

> for the record, the time you should aim for is sub 13 minutes for 2 miles
>>
>>29591242
http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=5129227

seventh post down.
>>
>>29591255
Department standards or what you should actually do?

Because most department standards are hilariously low.
>can you run a mile at all?
>can you do a single situp in duty uniform?
>can you lift 35lbs over your head?
>>
>>29591258
http://www.usatf.org/Events---Calendar/2016/U-S--Olympic-Team-Trials---Marathon/Qualifying-Standards/Eligible-List.aspx

>Understanding how racing works
qualifying marks for trials.
What is empirical evidence?
>>
>>29589275
Trying to join some kind of armed forces in the future

>holding rifle for 2 minutes
Considering the position they are at, that would be no problem, i can carry 20+ pounds bags with little problem
>drag your buddy to safety
Not so hard
>decimate your enemies in CQC
Thank god i got 2 years of mixed martial arts training and boxing
>2 miles in 15 minutes

Nigga what in the flying fuck is that.

I did today 1.5 miles in 20 minutes and i was almost about to throw up from exhaustion. Why is this an actual requeriment
>>
>>29591289
>holding the rifle
holding it up while aiming down the sights
>running
15 minutes is slow, and running is a very important part of being a soldier
>>
>>29591281

I'm more than fit enough to be a cop. The question is, what is the ideal fitness training for a cop? For exaple, none of you should be rucking and running, maybe both cops and soldiers can run with perhaps a weight vest, that I can see. Soldiers will want endurance, a cop could use muscle a lot more than a soldier and should be able to sprint or run medium distances. In general, both need to be able to have that cardiovascular fitness to run to a position andndo their jobs without being winded
>>
>>29591321
train like a soldier besides rucking and you'll be the sexy poster boy cop that all cops aspire to be
>>
>>29591307
>holding it up while aiming down the sights
Push it against your shoulders and dont let yourself give up and you should be fine (even then, the reasons why you would be aiming would be because: You are prone and shooting, you are in cover and shooting, or you are in high alert and your mind cant register the tiredness of your arms)

>running 2 miles in 15 minutes is slow

Nigger what in the fuck is wrong with you. i can jog for 5 mph during 15 minutes and i doubt i would even get past 1.3 miles.
>>
>>29591340

I aspire to be the dude from The Raid. It's just my personal thing
>>
File: Emi's workout guide.jpg (2 MB, 4268x3100) Image search: [Google]
Emi's workout guide.jpg
2 MB, 4268x3100
>>29591355
you would be surprised how heavy that m4 gets once you're carrying it around for hours

Its just like the punisher movie wear he puts the weight/detonator in the guys outstretched arm. It isnt hard to hold it up at first, but it keeps getting heavier and heavier, until your muscle can't hold uo the weight. You want to make sure you can hold that gun up for a LONG god damn time.

run more
> follow best girls advice
>>
>>29591410
>Its just like the punisher movie wear he puts the weight/detonator in the guys outstretched arm. It isnt hard to hold it up at first, but it keeps getting heavier and heavier, until your muscle can't hold uo the weight. You want to make sure you can hold that gun up for a LONG god damn time.
What is mental preparation. I plan on training that because i know it wouldn't be my muscles getting tired but my mind
>>
>>29591355
...a 12 minute mile pace (5mph) is slow as fuck bro. Power walkers are in the 4.5-5mph range, it hardly qualifies as a jog. The Army alt-event 2.5 mile walk has a minimum 13.5 minute/4.6mph pace just to keep from failing.
>>
>>29591410
>anime bullshit

I dont follow a routine.

I get to the gym's treadmill and go 5 mins at 8kmh (cant be bothered to do the maths to make it into mph), 5 walking in 5kmh, 5 at 8, and 5 more at 5.

Tried changing the 8kmh jog to a 10 kmh one and i got fucked up.
>>
>>29591437
10kph
6.2 mph
10 min pace
20 min two mile
>ultimate weapons
>/k/
>>
>>29591468
Keeping 6.2 mph for 5 mins destroyed me and the requeriment is to keep going at that speed for 20 mins? well holy shit....
>>
>>29591417
No, its literally your muscles getting tired. You can only go so far when you have weak arms and shoulders.

>>29591437
you're stupid if you ignore useful information because of the medium its presented in

> couch to 5k
> bridge to 10k
> 100 pushup challenge
are all reputable routines that get results (the first of which is part of the /fit/ sticky)

>>29591483
you are extremely out of shape

I haven't been able to train legs or run at all in weeks, but I would still easily get a 15 minute 2 mile
>>
>>29591483
Its all about commanding your lungs to grow. Endurance freaks are just scary skeleton gym bros. We just make things get big on the inside. Fuck the five minute shit and go for volume. Go slower if you have to but you want to build aerobic capacity and the only way to do that is straight time. Hit thirty min runs and work up. Command your lungs and heart to grow and fifteen min two mile will be pussy shit.
>>
>>29591512
that's the thing anon, it wasn't my lungs the ones that hurt, it was also my ankles. They burned so much
>>
>>29589275
this is what you look like right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCMYOSGCbMQ
you're an autist
>>
>>29591526
If youre flat footed you need gel arches, Check your gait and your landing - you want to land square on your midstep (not the heels, not the toes). Your muscles in that region probably arent accustomed to the shock. If you cant up volume, up the amount of times you go each week. Your goal is to strengthen those ankle muscles if theyre the ones that are burning. Also, treadmills are awkward as fuck. If you can find some soft pack country roads or a mando track to flit around on. Imagine the possibilities, ranger panties are almost within your grasp.
>>
>>29591563
lol no. City folk. Not even in the US. Dangerous country, dangerous city, also winter is coming and i already paid gym membership.

Yeah, happened a long time ago that too, my ankles would hut like shit from running (not flat-footed but the guy who runs the gym told me that its something that goes away if i keep running. Now its almost gone. Still, its gonna be 1 or 2 months before i am able to do 2 miles in 20 mins

And no. I am not gonna follow that schedule, i am a lazy fuck who cant be bothered to have one, even less to do certain stretches other than at my own pace.
>>
>all these fatties claiming 2 miles in 15 is fast

When I bothered to train cardio I'd be able to hit a 20 minute 5k (3ish miles?) on a run that had plenty of gradients.

It's called training.
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.