[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (220 KB, 1672x950) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
220 KB, 1672x950
What the fuck went wrong?
>>
>>29586868

What is that? Looks like Halo.
>>
>>29586868
What is that? Looks like Armored Core 4.
>>
>>29586868
Being Russian.
>>
>>29586868
Russians can't cash checks their mouths write.
>>
>>29586888
The Russians sold the secondary weapons to ISIS for Vodka money.
>>
>>29586868
It was an ambitious concept without the money or the tech to make it happen.
>>
>>29586868
The concept was cool looking, but for public rah-rah. There is literally zero reason to put the guns mounted on the turret like that. Look at it. Why the fuck do I need a gun that can rotate up and down, and im gonna be generous here, maybe it can pivot out to the sides and close in for like 190 degree coverage. You loose a lot of coverage for that reduced profile, and add mechanical complexity.

Russians being Russians, it would be cheaper and faster to just slave the coaxial and grenade launcher to the turret and its optics, then increase the rotational speed of the turret.
>>
File: 1449061896734.png (8 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1449061896734.png
8 KB, 640x480
>>29586868
Slavs.
>>
>>29586868
Needs a "how did we go from this to this" style before and after
>>
>>29586868

It turns out you need MONEY to build next-generation vehicles.
>>
File: lJkXQn3.png (334 KB, 657x421) Image search: [Google]
lJkXQn3.png
334 KB, 657x421
>>29586888
I don't remember the turrets for the tank being anything like this.

Maybe you've got a different game in mind?
>>
>>29586868
CGI model made by a teenager Vs reality
>>
>>29586868
It was never even an MBT concept, that's just something Internet autists made up. The sign for the model on which this fan rendering is based said it was a self-propelled gun.

There are persistent talks of a new SPG on Armata chassis being developed with 152 cannon, though it probably won't look anything like this.
>>
>>29586868

The artist forgot the gunner's sight.
>>
>>29587513
>Why the fuck do I need a gun that can rotate up and down,

They wanted enough elevation and depression for urban warfare. They scrapped the idea of putting it on an MBT (for obvious reasons), and stuck them on the BMPT Terminator & T-15 Armata.
Unlike the T-14 (which is interesting but dubious), the T-15 looks really good. Their "Heavy IFV" concept is great for urban warfare.

30mm autocannons, automatic grenade launchers, and ATGMs. Couple that with MBT-level frontal armour, and superior side/top armour, and you've got an excellent infantry support platform.
>>
>>29594520
>Their "Heavy IFV" concept is great for urban warfare.

kek
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.