[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
backpack general discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-04-12-19-48-25.png (338 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-12-19-48-25.png
338 KB, 540x960
http://www.americanweaponscomponents.com/product-category/tactical-gear/usa-made/bags-packs/

Does anybody know of any packs that are like this with this price point, the way it attaches to your carrier, and the magazine pouches?

Picture related

They don't seem to stock these consistently and the reviews on shipping and customer service is horrible if you need something ever since they changed their name from Ares armor to American weapons components.

General pack thread.
>>
All iv gotnis a crappy sog pack . I would like to have some suggestions for a 3 day pack .
>>
>>29586786
Seems like a terrible way to carry a load, how are you going to access whats in it without taking off your vest/plate carrier

I own Kifaru, Arcteryx, and Hill people

If you want a well made, relatively inexpensive small pack
https://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/CategoryID/3/ProductID/8/Default.aspx
>>
I have a tactical assault gear combat sustainment pack. If you don't mind atacs or ucp, you can get it for $60 on their website

it's a good size for 12 hour stuff. But for the love of god do not attach that shit to your plate carrier. Removing your pc to access shit is retarded and you will not be able to reach back there and grab stuff.
>>
>>29587635
You seem to have a lot of experience. I'd like to buy an external frame pack that can carry enough shit for a few days (5-8) innawoods. Is my best option kifaru? Dead bird doesn't make external frames, and I remember hpg talked about it on their forum a while back but I haven't heard any news.
>>
>>29587804
I've seen guys roll using sustainment pouches from rucks attached to armor. It's a great way to have a little extra water, ammo, batteries, etc available without having more straps to interfere. Obviously the gear is only accessed during a lull by a buddy, not in a hurry. The sustainment pouches are a cheap, expedient solution which also flattens up easily if you decide to empty it and carry a real pack on your back.

I do not reccomend attaching a pack directly to your armor if you're just a normal gear queer and not in a military unit where the needs and practicalities are different though.
>>
>>29587869
>external frame
why?

And kifaru makes internal frame packs. External frames are cumbersome and are not nearly as comfortable. If you looking for a pack that will get you through a week, unless youve got the chops to live off the land almost entirely, your going to need to carry a good deal. This makes a quality pack suspension that much more important.
>>
>>29587888
I understand the benefit of reducing strappage, but direct attach stuff just no. I'm in a Bradley unit, God have mercy on me, and I'm not sitting in back of that bastard with it on my back. As for light infantry, do you guys ever roll without at least an assault pack?

The needs a practicality is mission specific. That size of pack is really nice for working as a dismount, and if the training excersie is just a few 3 hour lanes, but I can deal with
>armor or flc straps
>pack straps
>sling
>>
>>29587904
Agree with this.

The only thing external frame packs are better than internal frames is hauling quartered game animals.

And even then there are a handful of very well made internal frame packs designed specifically for this.
>>
>>29587973
Different strokes for different folks. I was attached to a quite good unit which used these pouches. It was just the perfect size for an all day patrol to fit in more water and ammo when you don't need an assault pack. Obviously guys carrying MG ammo or 2590s rocked assault packs.

I almost always rocked a Mystery Ranch ruck or a large external frame ruck, but due to the nature of carrying .mil gear not relevant to gear queering.

For general light pack use, I'd reccomend something like a Camelbak MULE (I had a DCU of the old design for years and I loved it dearly) or similar pack. Wearable so you can access it yourself. I never put much stock in tacticool mags sticking out of a pack. Either put them in a pack for later, or stick them on your belt if you expect to need a combat load+ is my thinking.
>>
>>29588091
If by light you mean not much more than clothes and water, the mule is probably fine. If your thinking of carrying 20lbs or more, and walking for more than 10 miles a day for a couple of days, a frame pack with a waistbelt will be a night and day difference. Letting you hips take the load is a HUGE difference.
>>
>>29588124
Duh. But if OP is asking about a pack attached to armor, I'd hope he is planning on sticking 20+ lbs in it.

I reccomend the MULE as something comparable in size to most flat packs.

If you want something big, I'd go internal frame like Mystery Ranch, Eberlesock, or Osprey.
>>
>>29588156
**I'd hope he isn't planning on sticking 20 pounds.
>>
Anybody know of anything like the Mystery Ranch 6500/7500 for a lower price?
>>
>>29587904
Maybe I've just never used a good internal frame pack, I don't know. When I used to go camping with my old man we both had external frame packs so that's just what I'm used too
>>
>>29588091
different stokes for different folks on different missions.
>>
>>29587635
Every time I look at HPG I wanna buy a bag. Too bad canadafag so I'd be buttfucked by the exchange rate.
>>
>>29587635
If you watch the review video you unbuckle two buckles and it swings around
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.