[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good sights like EOTech
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: 518Left (LR)_0.jpg (437 KB, 1200x1074) Image search: [Google]
518Left (LR)_0.jpg
437 KB, 1200x1074
Whats a good sight like EOTech but not going to cost me $500+. Im looking for good quality but $200-300 max.
>>
>>29586314
I can't be the only one who thinks EOTechs are super, super overrated.
>>
>Sooooomeoooone hasn't heard about the reeeecaaaaallllllll
>>
I agree they are overrated, but the sight itself is good they are just way over priced lol. Just looking for something of he same kind, just different brands
>>
>>29586344
I enjoy my Vortex Spitfire 1x. Was $150 from PSA and has a similar reticle, but obviously not the same level of peripheral.
>>
>>29586314
MRO
or
RX01NSN
or
PRO
>>
>>29586314
>I don't think I should need to pay for quality

What the fuck is it with you people? Buy a pre-owned optic if you want to save a little. When you end up buying the cheap versions 2 or 3 times because they break more easily/aren't bright enough/have a wandering zero (lol recall) you'll figure out why you should have just ponied up the dosh originally.
>>
So this was basically a Vortex shill thread? Wow. EOTech's are excellent for home defense/target shooting. If you plan on "operating" in severe climates? Not so much. I sincerely doubt that any of us will be participating in the latter however.
>>
>>29586423
I understand I have to pay for quality but there has to be something out there with good quality for like $300
>>
>>29586439
>one post suggests vortex
>this is basically a vortex shill thread

ok
>>
>>29586314
Be a man and join the Trijicon RMR master race.
>>
>>29586344
>but the sight itself is good
>http://www.eotechlawsuit.com/
>>
>>29586314
save some shekels and buy a PRO, I enjoy mine.
>>
>>29586462
Yeah, a pre-owned Aimpoint. Cool thing about Aimpoint is, they'll verify serial numbers so you don't need to worry about buying a knock-off. As long as it isn't visibly damaged (cracked lens/body, broken adjustment knobs) they're good to go. Shit, you might still be able to find someone selling their T-1/H-1 now that they've been replaced by the T-2/H-2.
>>
>>29586314
I've had an Eotech. Currently have an Aimpoint. I have Bushnell TRS-25s on my for fun AKs.

Honestly, if you aren't putting this weapon in constant war zone conditions, the TRS-25 is just fine. Decent sharpness with a 3MOA wide dot and surprisingly decent battery life (longer than Eotech). For $80 it's a good option if you aren't willing to shell out for a big boy optic.
>>
Not OP, but what's the appeal of EOTechs? Don't they have shitty battery life? Why pick one over a traditional red dot?
>>
>>29586607
The appeal was mainly that it was the official operator optic of operational operators of SOCOM. A lot of people put anything used by SOF on a pedastol without understanding the realities of military procurement.

The stated draws were sharper dot (1MOA compared to 2MOA of Aimpoint), the fancy circle around the dot, and the bigger FOV window (which doesn't matter at all for normal use, only for things like mounting night vision or a SKEETIR behind the optic).
>>
>>29586644
Why do Russian SOF, who have to buy their own sights personally, use it almost exclusively?

Checkmate Aimpoint shills.
>>
>>29586517
I'm soo glad I didn't send my sight in. Now I can have theses Jews argue my case, create a class action, settle for $10 per claim, and pocket millions in attorney's fees.
>>
>>29586517
>http://www.eotechlawsuit.com/
>There is no known fix for the problem other than replacing the unit.

>http://www.eotechinc.com/dear-valued-eotech-customer

>Cold Weather Distortion
>Impact: Generally none for EOTech-branded sights manufactured after March 2008.

>Reticle Fade (Moisture Incursion)
>Impact: None for any sights manufactured after July 2014.

>Thermal Drift
>Impact: The sight’s zero will be affected at varying operating temperatures. This may be minimal for sights used at close-quarter ranges and may be corrected by re-zeroing the sight.

All this meme'ing about EOTechs being bad with no data about competitor sight performance. Aimpoints have worse parallax than EOTechs do. Are aimpoints tested for thermal drift? Where is any data saying Aimpoints do not have the same thermal drift EOTechs do? Literally no one brought up any of these EOTech issues on /k/ until after the lawsuit.
>>
>>29586875
The temperature shift is the big one. May be as much as 6 moa.

Its not that the sights do not work in cold temperature it was just that it did not work with in the advertised temperature range.

But still it was just a completely dishonest move on Eotech's part especially when you are retailing your sights at fairly high price.
>>
>>29588340
Is this an issue on other sights? I've never seen any data about this.
>>
>>29586314
Pro tip don't go cheap on optics that being said. Shit optics will shit on you when you really need it.
>>
>>29586462
Primary arms advanced micro is the poorfag dot of choice
>>
EOCuck reticles suck. I'd take an RMR any day.
>>
>>29588638
No, it is not.
>>
>>29586314
The good ones are all over 400. I mean unless you want some shitty Chinese knock off.
>>
>>29586875
>Parallax is an issue

Unless your head is placed at a 45 degree angle to the sight it literally does not fucking matter.

"Parallax free" is such a dumb bullshit term. Look, you can shoot this optic ok without proper head position, because that is such a useful feature. Ok but except unless your shit is really fucked up there is still parallax.... But ok it's better than duh aimpoint HUR dur

Shut up faggot retard. Guess what, literally any prismatic optic has parallax too
>>
>>29590331
I haven't seen any tests done on the Aimpoint, have you? Thermal drift was also something literally never talked about on /k/ because no one noticed it until the suit happened and only know if it because of the suit.

>>29590378
>I always shoot my rifles on a static range where I will never get a bad cheekweld
>4MoA is a bad amount of parallax on the outside edge of the optics viewing window for CQB purposes which is just about the only case where you will have bad cheekweld.
>>
>>29586314
Just save up an extra 100 bucks and buy an Aimpoint PRO.
>>
>>29590691
>I haven't seen any tests done on the Aimpoint, have you?
Are you a slav? Learn how burden of proof works. They've noticed bullshit in Eotech drifts, the fucking FBI has, and L3 settled cuz they know they're full of shit. You think they haven't done a more comprehensive examination of the primary red dot sight the entire military uses?
>>
PA micro dots.
>>
>>29586314
Aimpoint, Aimpoint, Aimpoint, Aimpoint, and Aimpoint.
I sent my EOTech back and got a refund.
And I used that refund to buy an Aimpoint.
>>
>>29586423
Listen to this guy.
Bought myself a aimpoint compm4 for 500 used
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.