[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WD40
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: product_family_multi-use.png (262 KB, 600x306) Image search: [Google]
product_family_multi-use.png
262 KB, 600x306
Why do people freak out when mentioning using WD40 to clean and lube?

I can't see how it would be worse then nothing, does anyone use it here?
>>
>>29586192

I do, works wonders in cleaning my AR and WASR10.
>>
>>29586192
It can damage certain plastics and rubbers, for example those in a Remington 1100.

It also doesn't do much as a protectant after the fact.

Does clean well though.
>>
I've only seen people freak out at people using it as a lubricant, not so much as a cleaner.
>>
>>29586192
It's a water displacer more than a lubricant. I use it to displace water after cleaning corrosive salts out of my Nugget (I use hot water and Murphy's Oil Soap for that) but follow it up with proper cleaning and oiling.
>>
>>29586192
>I can't see how it would be worse then nothing
And that's about it
>>
>>29586279
Exactly. FANTASTIC cleaning product. For lubricating however you would be better off with any number of other products
>>
>>29586192
>Why do people freak out when mentioning using WD40 to clean and lube?

Because I make a lot of money on cleaning guns when morons use WD40 on guns and it gums up

But do go on
Use it and pay me to clean your guns
>>
File: fresh out of hecks.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fresh out of hecks.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
>>29586192
>MFW to clean and lube my BP revolver I just pop the cylinder out and squirt the fuck out of the trigger group with WD40
>>
>>29586192
Relax Tom, the ballistol guy isn't here to see your shame.
>>
Because it's a shitty lubricant. It's good as a solvent though
>>
>>29586192
becuase its a solvent and not a lubricant
>>
>>29586192
Because it's a solvent. Not a lubricant
>>
>>29586526
yeah i doubt this or you would post pictures of gum'd up guns here
>>
>>29586800
Yes, because I take pictures of every gun that comes through, and of course there's ALWAYS a gun in the shop that was lubed with WD40, and of course I work until 7PM, and OF COURSE I browse 4chan at work
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.