[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First 5.56
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: l_100011219_5.jpg (19 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
l_100011219_5.jpg
19 KB, 500x500
I'm looking to buy my first 5.56 I have around 1 to 2 thousand to put into it. I'd like to know your advice.
>>
>>29585998
Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, DPMS, make your own. What do you want to do with it?
>>
A U G
U
G
>>
>>29586033
I'd like something that is reasonably accurate (I'm thinking a 16 inch barrel) but not overly huge and really I'm rather new to this. The only rifle I've ever really fired was the L85 but bullpup rifles are way to expensive for what they offer.
>>
>>29586067
don't buy colt if you are going to modify it
if you for some reason go that route at least it holds its value well
If you are looking to shoot it until it turns into a sewer pipe, build your own
if you think you might need to resell it down the road, its better to buy a factory built gun, that way it holds its value a bit better
Are you capping at 2k? You can build an amazing AR with that amount of $
>>
>>29586749
Well if you can give me a plan for an amazing AR I'll be happy to hear it, I wanted to cap at 2k so that I would still have some left for an optic and bits and pieces on it.
>>
To put it simply, in the gear Queer Thread I mentioned I was thinking of getting a SCAR 16s however bluecarpet suggested I look around, so I basically made this thread to spit ball ideas. I was planning on the scar which of course floats just over 2000 but if I could keep it below while offering the same capabilities I'd happily listen.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>29585998

dye sand pmags blue
>>
>>29585998
BUILD YOUR OWN AR

POCKET THE MONEY

>>29586989
goddammit go on psa and see what you like, we won't spoonfeed you
>>
>>29586989
Well if you are going to build it you are going to need to figure out what you like
>>
>>29586048
Fucking this.
Especially is you are willing to drop some cash.
>>
>>29587542
What a terrible decision
>>
>>29587524
Well I know what i would like the weapon to have. But being a newbie to all of this Ineed a little advice on how to get it. I could go on other things and check other forums but I've noticed people on here often talk to people like they are retarded... which is what I need so that I will be able to learn.
>>
>>29587617
google ar15.com picture thread

look around at the 300+ pages

bring back what you like
>>
>>29587617
What are you looking for? I won't blast you if you are new brother, just trying to help in any way I can, obviously I do expect you to double check everything I say, as you should do every time someone states anything as opinionated as to what firearm you want
>>
>>29587695
What I'm looking for is a rifle that is rugged and can hold up to being out in the field. Ignore most of the stuff on the picture for the time being. I like the adjustable stock and the rails running most of the way down the barrel so that I can attach stuff to it. I also would be accurate out to a reasonable range so but I don't know what that would require.
>>
>>29587752
Do you want to build your own? Put together parts or buy a complete rifle? obv it is more expensive to buy complete (but typically holds value more)
>>
>>29587821
Well I wouldn't really plan on selling it just fixing up up when parts got shit.
>>
>>29587858

go to PSA

get yourself a lower and lower build kit, complete with a stock and pistol grip you like

Build it and come back.
>>
>>29587858
I agree with the previous anon, just build a PSA.
your rifle will go bang every time and that's all that matters.
>>
>>29587858
Ok, then I would go the build your own route, there is endless info out there to tailor to your specific needs. I know that we all sound like morons saying that you need to figure it out for yourself, but that really is the case. If you just want to build your own rifle, do what they have been telling you and go to PSA and get a cheap parts kit for 600 bucks, have a nice barrel and nice parts, and upgrade from there as you see fit. If you want to jump into a higher tier ar, I highly recommend BCM (if you can find parts)
I will say that if u have a pic rail that long, it's going to be a heavy rifle. (I prefer keymod and Mlok) BCM KMR comes to mind for keymod, and midwest makes good shit. Range in AR has to do with barrel length, so if you want to touch out, get a 20in (it will be more heavy). IMO if you are going to go out that far though, you should just get a 308 or something with a little more range than an ar
>>
>>29587858
For building there are a lot of guides on the internet.
http://www.thenewrifleman.com/the-ar15-buyers-guide-simple-steps-for-buying-a-great-rifle/
or
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/build-an-ar-15-step-by-step-series-introduction/
or any other result from Google. Decide what you want and when you have questions about certain topics just come back here. When your build is done show it and if less than 50% of the people are buttblasted its fine.
Also you cant really go completely wrong with brand parts. Usually they are high quality and only differ in small things some people may find good and others bad.
>>
Maybe it's just me but the AR is a pain in the ass to clean.
It's like how revolvers are more of a pain in the ass to clean than auto loaders.
Everyone should have a combat long gun, I guess, but to be entirely honest, the gun is only ever going to be shot at a range and probably for accuracy.
A bolt action would have made more sense, easier to clean and probably chase bulls eyes.
>>
If you want an AR.

16" barrel with midlength gas system.
Free Floated hand guard.

The rest is just like, whatever man. Save some money for the optic.
Consider what twist rate you want.

1:9 = m193 surplus ammo.
1:7 = heavy custom/expensive ammo
>nb4 way over simplified, I know.
>>
>>29587961

It is just you

>chase bulls eyes

are you underaged?
>>
>>29587961
Seriously though, which semi-auto 5.56 is easiest to clean?
>>
File: random-27.jpg (134 KB, 640x591) Image search: [Google]
random-27.jpg
134 KB, 640x591
>>29588086
No, are you asking because you're a pedophile?
I keep my rifles clean. The AR is the most annoying gun I own to clean, mostly because of taking the bolt and carrier apart.
>>
>>29588103
>takes 11 seconds to completely field strip
The fuck are you doing, taking out all the rollpins?
>>
>>29588090
AK with 5.56 kit and AR magwell adapter
>>
>>29587911
What is a psa
>>
>>29588115
>The fuck are you doing,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMuWlomfnf4

>>29588121
That's not a terrible idea.
>>
>>29588186
>not a terrible idea
I almost impulse-bought one at the fun store the other day, but I decided I have enough AKs that I should build an AR next, because 'Murrica.
>>
Is building the best idea for someone with little to know experience in it?
>>
>>29588474
It's very easy to educate yourself on
>>
>>29588474
It's not hard. Just make sure you buy a torque wrench for the barrel nut, that you put the hammer spring in frontward, that you match the feed ramps from the barrel with the receiver (both "m4") and that you screw in the buffer tube properly without using loctite.
>>
>>29585998
CETME
>>
>>29588153
Palmetto State Armory. Good parts at a good price. Google them
>>
>>29588474
You don't have to do a whole lot, you can just buy complete uppers/lowers and still make out cheaper
>>
Anderson lower
Cmmg lower parts kit
Spikes buffer assembly
B5 stock
Whatever pistol grip you like (I like the daniel defense one)
Geiselle trigger (I suggest something flat)
Noveske barrel and head spaced bolt
Any upper you want
Cryptic or whatever it's called bolt carrier group
Syrac adjustable gas block
Bcm KMR rail
OSS bannar 1 fladhcomp
Fucking ammo

>spoonfed.
>>
>>29585998
CZ 805
>>
File: pure sex.png (191 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
pure sex.png
191 KB, 2000x1333
AR babies move aside
>>
>>29588735
pure czhit
>>
>>29588090
POF p415 or LWRC IC. Best piston ARs you can buy.
>>
>>29588981
cz is the best manufacturer of firearms you little nigger

I bet you don't even eat at applebee's..
>>
I love this ar-15s are hard to clean meme, can't tell if it's a troll
I guess I'm so used to retarded shit on here it's easy to bait me
>>
>>29589061
If you don't think that AR's are annoying to clean then you either don't shoot your guns often or you don't clean them properly.
>>
>>29589611
>put on Netflix
>calmly wipe parts for an hour, enjoy the experience
Nah, not really.
>>
>>29589659
>calmly wipe parts for an hour
>an hour
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.