[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nogunz looking for advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (16 KB, 456x315) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16 KB, 456x315
I've decided to get a decent handgun but I'm not certain what is good and what is not. I've always liked the beretta design and the 90 two looks like a good handgun that's in my price range.

Is buying second hand an option? What should I be looking out for if I buy second hand.

I can only get 1 as my country is strict like that. So I'm looking for a quality handgun that's not too expensive.
I live in South Africa if that matters.
Thank you in advance.
>>
I'm also left handed and I've read that beretta's cater to left handed people.
>>
>>29580715
>decided to get a decent handgun
>beretta

FULL STOP
>>
>>29580715
You could buy an Italian Beretta 92 police surplus. They're pretty cheap, at least here in the states.
>>
>>29580732
What's wrong with a beretta?
>>
>>29580715
Beretta 96 inox elite

get two of them so you can dual wield

I have one and its a fantastic gun but its not the same without two
>>
>>29580745
Nothing, he's just memeing.
>>
>>29580743
If I get a police surplus I can get one of the local vektor sp1 or sp2. It's a copy of the 92 made by Denel.
>>
>>29580715
If you can only get one handgun for carry and the range, get a Glock 19. Its not exciting but it's cheap and reliable
>>
>>29580753
I can't get 2 as south Africa is extremely strict on gun policy.
>>
It's a personal preference thing, but I've never been thrilled with an exposed boiling lava hot barrel.
>>
>>29580770
If that's the gun you want then get it, assuming it's in your price range.
>>
>>29580783
The glock 19 looks kind of ugly to me. I don't doubt that it would be the best pistol to get for a first time but as I can only get 1 I don't want something that's but ugly.
>>
>>29580819
I was looking at the 92fs then I saw this one and the price difference was negligible. I also wanted to know what other options there are and the ups and downs of them.
>>
>>29580841
USP compact then? You're gonna want a 4" barrel polymer frame gun for carry because of weight. Probably not a shorter barrel cause that'll be disadvantageous for home defense
>>
>>29580860
What are gun laws like in S.Africa? Any mag/caliber limits?
>>
>>29580901
'prohibited firearms are: any firearm where the calibre of which has been altered without the written permission of the registrar'

'handguns of all firing actions except fully automatic are legal under all licenses. There is no magazine capacity restrictions for handguns'
>>
>>29580883
How is the usp if I use .45 auto ammunition?
>>
>>29580942
The Beretta 92 is a fine pistol. A bit heavy compared to more modern polymer guns, but still good. If it's what you want then go for it.
>>
>>29580957
>>29580883
And which one is better as the tactical and usp both look good?
>>
>>29580973
USP 45 full size is probably too big for concealed carry. Try HK45ct
Tactical models have threaded barrel, better trigger and suppressor height sights. Idk how suppressors are in s Africa but it'd be nice for home defense to not go deaf
>>
>>29580988
Suppressors aren't a controlled item in South Africa
>>
>>29581010
Then def get a threaded barrel for whatever you end up getting. Most .45acp is subsonic so perfect for suppression

Hk45ct seems like the best for you if you want 45
>>
>>29581036
Thanks anon I'll definitely check it out. Any problems with jamming or overheating and so forth?
>>
>>29581057
Lol no. H&K test their pistols to absurd standards
>>
We need an /o/ style sticky.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.