[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /k/, how much should one pay for plate carrier and the plates?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 600x609) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 600x609
So /k/, how much should one pay for plate carrier and the plates?
>>
>>29580451
Tree fiddy
>>
Idk, how much does a garbage bag and some garbage can lids cost by you?
>>
$155+s/h
http://www.bodyarmormegastore.com/Condor-Sentry-Plate-Carrier-2-AR500-Armor-Black-p/cdr-sentryblk2.htm

Buying anything more expensive is a tremendous waste of money. Don't listen to the richfags and anons who save up for gear by living in their mom's basement.
All plate carriers carry plates. The only difference is cost.
Steel armor is the most battle tested (been around since before guns even existed) and will last forever no matter how many times you're shot.

You only really need one plate since you aren't going to be retreating like some pussy so you could get this for $140: http://www.bodyarmormegastore.com/Condor-Plate-Carrier-1-AR500-Armor-Black-p/cdr-blk1.htm
You don't really need the "antispalling" liner though and it's worth the extra $-5 to have a spare front plate you can wear on your back.
>>
>>29583084
are there level IV steel plates, or are those only ceramic?
>>
File: 1459290836719.gif (1024 KB, 242x227) Image search: [Google]
1459290836719.gif
1024 KB, 242x227
>>29583084
>Steel armor is the most battle tested (been around since before guns even existed) and will last forever no matter how many times you're shot.
I don't even own armor and I know this is a shit argument, try telling him something relevant, like how steel plates won't explode when dropped on their corners, or how they're significantly heavier, instead of spreading lies, you penis
>>
File: image.jpg (968 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
968 KB, 3264x2448
Condor carriers are functional but fall apart quick in my experience. SKD has good prices on better made carriers. Everything in life is a trade off. AR500 plates will help prevent a sucking chest wound but spall can fuck you up. They're more durable than ceramic/hybrid. If you're really broke, look up shieldwall arms. Sometimes armour wear, hoplite armor, and kapex armor have a good sale going. Contingency Procurement Group are currently having a sale on ballistic helmets if you get a promo code off their FB page.
>>
>>29583084
You don't really need the "antispalling" liner though

>Shrapnel in my neck
>Brain damage

No ty, if you're going to be a poorfag and get steel, please get a liner
>>
>>29583125
There are steel level IV plates.

You don't want steel plates though.
>>
>>29583201
But it's true. Steel armor has been around and working way longer than ceramic. And it's only significantly heavier if you have two X chromosomes or don't lift.

>>29583227
The "antispalling" coating is a meme to sell an "upgraded" version to suckers how think everything needs upgrades and that if you don't pay X for gear it's shit. It's just extra weight. That's why you don't see it as an option for ceramic or plastic armor; they're already overpriced and Adding weight defeats the "so light even a manlet can wear it" selling point.
>>
>>29583333
>nice quad

Ceramic doesn't spall the same as steel.
2 AR500 plates weigh approximately 26 lbs
Ceramic is about half that.
>>
>>29583333
>That's why you don't see it as an option for ceramic or plastic armor; they're already overpriced

You really don't have any idea what you're talking about, do you?

The way a ceramic plate stops a bullet is different that how steel stops a bullet.
The weight edition is not worth considering

Get Ceramic plate, don't be some turbo fudd who believes III+ steel plates are a thing that will stop .308 black tip

Enjoy your shrapnel wounds and heavy armor, the rest of us will be more comfortable and less dead in the 21st century
>>
>>29583402

ar500 plates are 8lbs a piece

so 16lbs

ceramics are superior in many ways, you dont have to make up bullshit to justify why you paid twice as much
>>
>>29583419
III+ AR500 plates are 8lbs, notice that the IV plates that ar500 sells are composite
>>
>>29583419
>>29583456

Maybe the lightweight ones weigh 8lbs. The UPS label read 26lbs when mine arrived.
>>
So what are some good ceramic level IV plates that can be had for under $300?
>>
>>29583638
>check out the companies in this post.
>>29583212
>>
>>29583227
Go look up Sierra 12s test
It's not necessary
>>
>>29580451
pay?!?!?!? your employer should buy it for you. if they dont then you dont need it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.