[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SHTF - Real Talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: ammo.jpg (78 KB, 485x371) Image search: [Google]
ammo.jpg
78 KB, 485x371
Are any of us here actually prepared for a SHTF situation? I'm talking about something beyond just having a bugout bag or a few thousand rounds of ammo. Do any of us actually have real plans for attempting to rebuild society? Because I have a feeling most of us don't, and that means most of us would resort to becoming petty raiders in a matter of weeks, given our superior firepower.

So, what do you guys think will REALLY happen to us when The Happening happens?
>>
Race war, duh.
>>
>>29577183
I don't think it's going to be so much a race war as the untermenschen either starving to death or getting shot while looting. TEOTWAWKI means no food shipments to cities.
>>
>>29577034
>>29577225
S will never htf u cucks.
>>
We might end up looting as well, I know for sure I only have a week's worth of food stored up. The difference is, I have a plate carrier and an AR, while Jamal has a shitty old hi-point.
>>
File: 20160402_115411.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160402_115411.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
I am working up enough food/water for a year. After that I figured my family and I would just chill on our land, farm and shit. Maybe link up with like minded people. Strength in numbers.
>>
>>29577280
Jamal and others like him surprisingly only have food for about 2 days. All the looting will be done by the end of the week.
>>
My plan is to take over a light house.
>>
>>29577280
'jamal' also has more experience shooting at people than you
>>
I plan to loot, rape and kill and do so on as many drugs as possible.
>>
>>29577034
I have 70 guns, mostly bolt action milsurp but a few semiauto for such a scenario, have about $20k worth of Krugerrands and Morgan silver dollars in my gun safe (I figure I could buy passage for my family with Vietnamese fishermen or some shit in a America gone scenario), and at least 10k rounds of various ammunition. Really just takes up a corner in an unused dining room. There's not really much reason for me to bug out, I have family and veteran neighbors who would (probably) rather starve than do me harm. Petty raiders? Look at shitholes places around the world with no law and you'll see people are mostly civil and just want to make a living, then they burn you alive when you steal from them, watch some bestgore to see live after shtf or just daily life in Brazil.
>>
>>29578022
I also have a couple hundred pounds of white rice and pinto beans, maybe a dozen cans of mountain house spaghetti. Several plastic barrels of water and bleach.
>>
my plan is to get vaporized in the nuclear fireball or just eat a 12 gauge
fuck that, man
>>
Society will rebuild on its own, maybe not exactly the same, but humans are social creatures, so we'll get SOMEWHERE eventually.

As long as I can make it to my parent's house, I'm good. They're surrounded by farms and game animals, have well water, a generator, fireplace, wood stove, and fish in the creek. My brother and I have passed a lot of car trips planning out how we would fortify our "block."

It's about .75-1 miles to a side, this is a country block lol. Creek, cliffs and bridge mean that we could have complete overwatch of all access points with as few as six people. Even have a few foxholes dug and OPs set up from when we played paintball in the woods.

SHTF would suck, but I'd have some fun.
>>
>>29578097
This. Provided Nuclear Holocaust doesn't completely destroy the conditions on which life needs to flourish, society will be ok.
>>
>2000+ acres of pristine hunting/fishing/farming land in an area that's only accessible through 2 main roads (not including emergency paths)
>half ton of roundup ready corn, rice, wheat, soybeans, and other assorted plants
>1000 gallons of diesel for multiple vehicles and equipment
>diesel powered generator that can power my entire house, shop, and garage
>10,000 plus rounds of ammunition for 25+ weapons
>forge, crucible, and molds with 250 pounds of lead
>100 pounds of black powder and 3000 primers
>85 pounds of ammonium nitrate, 60 lbs of aluminum dioxide, and other assorted chemicals
>three off road vehicles and two boats (i live along a river)

I've thought this out for a long time. If something happens, I think we are prepared.
>>
>>29577711
I would prefer a heavy house. More protection
>>
>>29578257
Prepared to get shot by some fudd in the first 30 minutes then looted instantly.
>>
>>29577034
Do I have a plan? Nope. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being god-tier prepper, I am about a 3 or a 4 meaning wife and I are more likely than not to die.

We don't have a lot of water, food, or ammo stockpiled however I do have about half of a bug out bag ready and we both have firearms. She has a .38 spl and I have a 1911.

I am in the market for a sub $300 bolt .22lr though!
>>
>>29578571
Right
Because during all of that preparation I have never once thought "Fuck this would suck major ass if I got killed"

Seriously. The only way in or out of my property is to cross a massive culvert that is quite easily removable.
And never once have I thought "I'll be trapped in here if it comes to that, so I better prepare for that possibility"
And I've also never thought about the people who live around me (only 12 for 28 square miles) possibly seeking help of having contingency plans too, and their likelihood to invade me

Thank you kind stranger, for pointing out the flaws in my 8 years of preparation.
>>
>>29578022
>>29578044

Jy is 'n Afrikaner?
>>
>>29577034
I've got a few hundred rounds of ammo for my scoped Mauser, other than that it's less than a hundred for my nuggets/enfield. I've got a very amateur level bag/kit that will probably allow me to build a decent shelter given the proper environment and time. I wouldn't plan on killing people unless if self defense or they kept invading my space after being warned. I'd skip town and try to live out in whatever forestry Kansas still has left. Eat badgers, fish, and deer. Don't plan on bringing my shotgun so most bird are out of the question.

Probably try taking up refuge in the small zoo about 50 miles from town, assuming roads are trashed and dangerous. It's well enough away from the rest of civilization and on a nice spot where I get a view of everyone around me. Nice to keep some of the small animals as company. Will probably put down the gorillas, but leave the big cats/bears alone. Keep the livestock there for eggs/milk. I doubt people are going to think to also take refuge in the zoo, and if they do, I shouldn't have a problem handling them, and disposal of the bodies would be easy via feeding the bears/cats.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.