[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Firearm Storage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
So, I live in NJ, and a shitty part at that, I just inherited a large selection of very nice firearms and am in need of a good cost effective safe that will deter the filth of my area.

I've narrowed it down to two safes.

The Stackon 24 gun fire resistant safe.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Stack-On-24-Gun-Electronic-Lock-in-Matte-Black-FS-24-MB-E/202996367

Or the Winchester 26 gun safe.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/winchester-26-gun-granite-safe-with-lighted-ul-electronic-lock

Transport and moving isn't an issue, it will be lagged into a concrete floor under some stairs.

I just want something so that if the animals break in they'll have a hard enough time they'll abandon the attempt.

Picture semi related.
>>
File: 334957.jpg (769 KB, 2574x1713) Image search: [Google]
334957.jpg
769 KB, 2574x1713
bump for interest. my wife has started complaining that i am loading up the corners of the bedroom closet with gun shit
>>
And you posted this using an internet provider controlled by the mafia? GUESS WHO'S GETTING HIS GUNS STOLEN OLOLOL
>>
Where in NJ? I'm nearby, come sell some guns to me. That way you'll have fewer guns for your wife to complain about and your guns will be liberated from your hellhole of a state. Win/win.
>>
>>29574409

>selling firearms that belonged to my grandfather that I fully intend to use and enjoy.

Yeah, nah.
>>
>>29574367
tell her to shut up or one of these days it's straight to the moon.
>>
>>29574427

Well at least tell us what guns you got while I trace your IP so I can tell Tyrone what to look for.
>>
File: 279107.jpg (270 KB, 1502x1000) Image search: [Google]
279107.jpg
270 KB, 1502x1000
>>29574435
i did but i just got her pregnant. RIP in peps
>>
>>29574306
Buy a 2,000 dollar safe and bolt it down and then add a kick resistant door upgrade kit to the door leading to the room with the safe.

Please tell me said room dose not have windows?

Make sure you have a dehumidifier in the main safe.

For any gun you choose to use as your main home defense, have that in a smaller cheaper but discrete safe or gun locker or use thise secret wall storage things that are covered by a mirrior.
>>
>>29574306
I prefer mechanical locks over electrical...get a dedicated safe company's brand not a generic safe with gun names like winchester or browning on it.
>>
>>29574555

THat is well beyond my price range buddy...
>>
Fill as much of the safe with pennies as you can.
>>
>>29574584

Well you gotta save up. That's the cost of security.

Also, make sure your safe doesn't have an instruction video on how to break into it on youtube.
>>
So no suggestions between the two I've asked about besides BUY EXPENSIVE BRAND THAT IS OUT OF PRICE RANGE!
>>
>>29575244
No experience with either of those, but I get a centurion safe. It is bolted so it cant be thrown down and is in a spot that would make it hard to get out. Just realize whatever number of guns they tell you, it is about half that in real guns.
>>
>>29575513

That is the plan, I have ten rifles/shotguns to store and have always believed in doubling the amount of storage.
>>
>>29574584
Look, most of us are poor fags, but consider that even a modest gun collection that a minimum wager slowly gets in five years time could easily be five thousand dollars just on the guns themselves and maybe optics attached to them, forgetting ammo, cleaning materials, tools and other accessories.

You probably have over 10,000 in guns you inherited from your old one, but your too cheap to spend 1,000 on a good safe to protect them?

Get your priorities strait.
>>
>>29575244

Save a few months pay and buy this:

http://www.deansafe.com/lib-tac-24.html

Then buy this for the door leading into the room with your safe:

https://doordevil.com/product/door-jamb-reinforcement-kit-door-devil/

And then finally get this for the gun you plan to use in case of home invasion:

https://tacticalwalls.com/shop/1410m-bundle/

YOUR FUCKING WELCOME

Sucks that you live in a place worse than California when it comes to owning guns.
>>
>>29575685

>too cheap.

>implying I have that kind of money to begin with.

I'd love to be able to afford that kind of safe, but when at the end of the month I am lucky enough to have more than two pennies to rub together I'm happy.
>>
>>29574367
Lol it's a closet you stupid cuck
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.