[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/the most important weapon of all/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 640x426
what martial art(s) does /k/ think would be most effective if SHTF or in a streetfight type scenario where you'd be fighting one or two opponents ei. I'm a smaller guy (5'8-5'9 170-180 @ low bf) and am looking towards more grappling/throwing oriented stuff like bjj judo & wrestling but am obviously open to suggestions.

Also ma general
>>
>>29571956
boxing, bjj, muy tai
>>
>>29571956
>>>/asp/
>>
>>29571973
What's the point of boxing and Muay thai. Wouldn't Muay thai cover all the shit boxing does plus kicks knees and elbows
>>
>>29571973

This but if your fist thought in a street fight is to go to the ground you are a retard of the highest order. You might win against one but the guys friends will be using your head for a soccer ball.
>>
>>29571956
Gun kata. There is nothing else effective for manlets other than taekwondo and that's only because it was designed to kick other manlets off their manlet horses.
>>
>>29572001
You start with boxing to learn fundamentals and footwork, then multi class to MT if you'd like.
Also BJJ is a bad MMA meme. You want Sambo.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 600x423) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 600x423
>>29572015
I figured that. Obviously you're retarded if you're going h2h with more than 2 guys But wouldn't using a throw to get the guy to the ground then punching/stomping his face be pretty effective? Especially if you're a short stocky dude who mag not be able to be a super good striker?
>>
>>29571956
Marksmanship.

If you willingly get into melee in a life-or-death situation, you are a retard.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 640x427
>>29572070
What's so bad about bjj? I feel like a style that was pretty much made for little dudes to beat bigger dudes would be ideal as long as you're going 1v1.
>>
>>29572090
>SHTF

> out in the forrest or some shit
>need to take out 2 or 3 guys spread out relatively quietly
>grab the guy farthest in the back of the patrol and strangle the shit out of him or stab him quickly
>back the fuck up before they can react
>repeat
>shoot the last guy or last two guys if you have to
>>
>>29572077
That's not really the point of a throw. Most "throws" are designed to dislocate or break limbs, with the escape being to throw yourself out. The rest are for taking a skull to the ground at high speed.

All that shit does anyway is open you up to an attack from behind. Get a gun, learn how to use it.
>>
>>29572104
>>29572077
I'm going to assume you're the same anon. I have bad news, you have no idea what the difference is between a combat sport and trying to kill someone with your bare hands. They are anti ethical to each other. BJJ is a sport.
>>
>>29572196
Obviously you would use a gun as your primary source of protection but it's not always possible/practical to shoot somebody in the fuckimg face. To tell me that you shouldn't train in hand to hand fighting is a little retarded to be familia

>>29572224

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (/dʒuːˈdʒJtsuː/; Portuguese: [ˈʒiw ˈʒitsu], [ˈʒu ˈʒitsu], [dʒiˈu dʒiˈtsu]) (BJJ; Portuguese: jiu-jitsu brasileiro) is a martial art, combat sport, and a >self defense system
that focuses on grappling and especially ground fighting.

Do you have Downs Symdrome perhaps?
>>
>>29572224
So if I wanted to learn how to kill/ disable an opponent with my bare hands what would you suggest anon?
>>
>>29572070
How long would you have to stick with boxing before you knew enough of the "fundamentals" to move on to mt do you think?
>>
>>29572297
It's two naked dudes punching eachother in the nuts for money.

>>29572311
Sambo, krava maga, systema, cqc, jujutsu 150 years ago. Basic knowledge of human anatomy, psychology, kinesthetics and some common fucking sense. Not putting yourself in such retarded situations as to not have a weapon of some sort in a dangerous environment. Devoting your life to non violence in hopes of not being reborn retarded.
>>
>>29572311
use those bare hands to pick up a gun.
>>
Judo instead of BJJ imo
If you're in a firefight or a street fight and you go to the ground, you fucked up
Throwing a guy onto concrete will end most streetlights since you'll usually be fighting untrained plebs
So muay thai/judo/boxing for the three
Alternatively you can swap boxing for taekwondo. While not great on its own, it's a wonderful supplementary art and should compliment your muay thai nicely.
>>
>>29572468
FOR THE THOUSANDTH TIME!

it is not always possible or practical to use a fucking gun you retard

>>29572387
Hand to hand is a fucking extremely rare last resort option to turn to. Obviously IF YOU CAN you use a gun but that's not always possible. Why not use ma to take down a single guy or a pair of guys, especially if you have the element of surprise.

Plus who said you can't incorporate a knife or club or some shit if it's available to you? Nothing's off limits in a real life h2h situation.
>>
>>29572694
>Why not use ma to take down a single guy or a pair of guys
Why risk it when you can just shoot them?
>>
>>29572633
Isn't it better to focus more on Muay thai instead of trying to add taekwondo? I'd say judo/(catch)wrestling and mt or even krav Maga because it teaches a fair amount of weapon disarming
>>
>>29572713
Why shoot them when you can make them strip buck naked and come out of it with beer money instead of a court case?
>>
>>29572713
Are you people honestly retarded? You can't always shoot niggas
>>
>>29572743
You shouldn't be getting in fistfights either.
>>
>>29572724
Doing Muay Thai as your main and supplementing it with taekwondo gives you better kicks. It supplements the kicks. Just like how boxing supplements the hand game of Muay Thai. Since boxing or taekwondo are both focusing purely on feet or hands, they provide a better game to bring to the mix you have for muay thai without suffering from the cons of either of the focused arts.
Catch wrestling is another good art though
>>
>>29571956
>he fell for the pyjama wrestling meme
>>
>>29572863
>t 450lb keyboard warrior
>>
>>29572769
Obviously you shouldn't be but that's not how it works in reality.
>>
>>29572070

If BBJ was bad, it would not be as popular / last as long as it has. You're clearly a fag who doesn't know shit.
>>
>>29574482
BJJ just conforms the best to the rules of MMA

Wing Chun a best
>>
>>29574503
Wing Chun is fucking retarded
>>
Just shove your hand down the guy's pants and squeeze his balls as tight as you can.

It works for giant spider crabs, it'll work for you!
>>
>small guy
>grappling

yeah have fun
>>
>>29574503
>Kung fu
>relevant ever

These threads are middle school as fuck always.
>>
>>29574519
say that to my nunchucks bitch
>>
>>29574527
You know jack shit about fighting. A small guy is at his best when grappling. Defeats reach disadvantage, and low center of gravity for takedowns and submissions.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (404 KB, 2048x1308) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
404 KB, 2048x1308
Krav Maga, it's a completely brutal and unsportified modern martial art. Its designed around the idea that fights will only last tens of seconds and you should be doing everything possible to completely neutralize your enemy and disengage asap.

I always find it weird when people suggest Boxing for self-defence, if some guy is mugging you or trying you rape you they aren't gonna be fighting by Queensberry rules.
>>
>>29574661
By boxing you will be able to dish out, and receive a whole lot of pain. That is really all that matters, and again, is what Krav maga teaches, besides some stupid techniques that you will never use in the heat of the moment.

TLDR; boxing is fine for self-defence.
>>
>>29572015

Grappling arts also teach you how to not get taken down, how to break or enter into the clinch, how to take control if you do end up on the ground and how to protect yourself if knocked down.

Most fights do go to the ground, and if you want to avoid that, grappling arts are the way.
>>
>>29572387

So, a bunch of "systems" that rely heavily on all the techniques outlined by the disciplines that are most dominant in MMA competition, but minus any experience applying them in real life, or any practice trying to apply those techniques to someone who's also trying to fuck you up.
>>
>>29572694

So Arnis would be useful?
>>
>>29574731
fuggin' idjit
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.