[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... My wifes father is giving me one of his muzzleloaders because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 185819_ts.jpg (38 KB, 1155x1155) Image search: [Google]
185819_ts.jpg
38 KB, 1155x1155
So... My wifes father is giving me one of his muzzleloaders because he just never uses it.

Problem is... I've never owned or operated a muzzleloader before. its a thompson center impact series .50 muzzleloader, and i was hoping for some advice or videos I can watch to learn about my new weapon before I make myself look like at ass at the range.

Also, because we are going up to New Hampshire to pick it up, coming from Tennessee... We are going to have to drive through NY, and its too frickin expensive to ship it store to store. Any advice on getting through new york?
pic related.
>>
>>29571609
>My wifes father
fucking cuck
>>
>>29571609
self bump.
>>
>>29571609
Don't go through NY you mong. If they find it you're looking at a lifetime in jail.

All for a muzzle loader you know nothing about.
>>
>>29571687
wouldn't he be protected under the federal transportation and collections of Firearms act? Or does it not apply in new york?
>>
>>29571701
If you stop, at all, for any reason, inside of the state, they can and will try to do everything in their power to crucify you for political gain.
>>
>>29571609

I'm fairly certain new york isn't going to have a problem with a muzzle loading hunting rifle locked in the trunk.

That said:

Avoiding getting searched by cops 101:

0. Be white
1. Take your wife and/or kids with you
2. If you have a dog with you take it too
2. Have your wife drive
3. Don't speed
4. Have all your goddamn shit loaded on top whatever you don't want to get found in the trunk (make sure that shit includes stuff that makes it look like a family vacation)

By the time you get pulled over because your wife sucks at driving, cop comes up to the window and she's holding back tears because MUH SPEEDING OFFICER I'M SO SORRY

he sees your kids and your bloody dog, and all that family shit you have loaded in the back....

The cop would literally have to hate his life AND have a giant rod shoved up his ass to want to search your car.

1. He's going to have to calm down your wife
2. He's going to have to keep tabs on your whole damn family and Spot while trying to search the car
3. You know what fuck it here's a warning/citation ma'am have a nice day

If cops on the highway are anything like the state patrol where I'm from, they're usually the nicest cops, they're only going to search your car if you're acting sketchy or look like it, and generally aren't going to pull you over unless you're one of those assholes WITH A NEW YORK PLATE OR FLORIDA PLATE (seriously, every damn time) driving 90 miles an hour on the interstate.
>>
>>29571721
Ok... Think something from the DA office would help? Or the department of justice?
>>
File: 1438482641476.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
1438482641476.gif
891 KB, 325x252
>>29571664
>>
>>29571609
Are muzzle loaders considered firearms in NY
>>
>>29571664
>tfw every female is formed from another man's semen
>>
>>29571687
>life time of jail for a muzzle loader
As a new Yorker I'm not sure where you're getting this. At all. The city is the only place with limitations on transporting firearms, the rest of the state doesn't give a fuck unless they run the serial and it's reported stolen.
Where do people come up with this shit.
>>
>>29571829
I was born and raised on the island, hated it there.
What would you do in my situation dude?
>>
>>29571687 here.

Ignore me, I'm a mong and was thinking of New Jersey where BP guns are considered firearms.
>>
File: Laughing-Crying-Emoticon-05.jpg (37 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Crying-Emoticon-05.jpg
37 KB, 550x550
>>29571664
>>
File: P1010706.jpg (2 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
P1010706.jpg
2 MB, 3648x2736
>>29571609
I'll try to give you a quick idea.
Here's the basics of loading/using
>dump measured powder in barrel(probably keep it at 100 grains worth)
>use speed loaders to keep multiple loads ready to go at any moment
>push bullet down on top of powder with the pointy bit sticking out, using the rod below the barrel to push hard enough that there's no air space in the powder
>prime with "209 primers" meant for loading shotgun shells from the rear of the gun
>pull trigger
>remove used primer and repeat
Make sure you clean it after shooting, I find a spray can of oil and 50cal bore snake makes it easiest. Then, just in case you don't get one with it, make sure you have the tool to remove the breech plug so you can actually have access to the barrel.
>>
>>29571609
Breakdown the gun into various parts that will pass as apart of the vehicle and attach them to your car.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.