[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EndcapSilencer - My little invention
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 11
Hello!

I'm sure many people before me have made this same invention. But I thought it would be a cool thing to share with you!

I lost the compensator for my target 10/22. I was ordering a new one and I looked at the concept and a empty coca cola bottle and thought fuck it. This is a place for some inventing,

Last week I went to a machine shop whit some dimensions and request and this is what I came up with!

An Endcap/Silencer! Screwn on bacwards it protects the barrel and threads, turn it around and attach an empty bottle and vola: You have a very effective silencer.

And trust me, I was surprised. This thing is just about as effective as a real silencer when using a 2-3mm thick plastic bottle.

Hope you like it :)
>>
And you can screw on whatever you want :D
>>
And it looks cool. Or what do you think?
>>
Some paint prehaps?
>>
Choose your brand.
>>
And screw on!
>>
>>29570715
That's quite a neat thing, tell me more about it anon.
Also where do you live?
>>
>>29570790
Oh noes.. :)
>>
File: 1440560079141.png (89 KB, 334x245) Image search: [Google]
1440560079141.png
89 KB, 334x245
Oh anon, that's pretty radical and sick!
>>
Neat.

but >>29571028 and >>29570790 are right

ATF may fuck your shit up
>>
>>29570715
I hope you don't own any dogs.
>>
>>29570790
>>29571028
PLEASE NOT THE CAT
>>
>>29571118
>>29571094
>>29571058
>>29571028
>>29570790

;)
>>
>>29571208

There are many hints..

But let's talk about firearms when you've figured it out, OK?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
This always intrigued me!
>>
It doesn't work and you're a liar
>>
>PLOT TWIST
OP lives in Britain
>>
>>29571699
And everybody should have known he wasn't in the US from the "500ml" on the milk carton.
>>29570729
>>
>>29571685
Does work. Especially with thicker plastic bottles!
>>
>>29570790
>>29571028
It's a solvent trap dah
>>
File: banned.jpg (105 KB, 784x393) Image search: [Google]
banned.jpg
105 KB, 784x393
I can't imagine it being very effective, as there are no baffles within the bottle to disrupt exhaust flow, and the walls of the bottle are very thin and very flexible, allowing a great deal of noise transfer via conduction.

Better than nothing I'm sure, but not great. You might try inserting a tube inside the bottle, packing steel wool around the outside of the tube within the bottle, and then removing the tube before firing. You might also try putting a bit of water in the bottle to disrupt vibration and dissipate heat. This is typically done for the same reason in metal suppressors, and is referred to as "shooting wet."

Also I hope you aren't doing this in the US, whose laws govern 4chan.
>>
>>29571794

I live in a land far far away, a land were the only good thing about our gun legislation is that our lawmakers did not watch "Leon The Professional" the night before deciding what to do with silencers.

Over here silencers are considered a safety feature and a device that makes the firearm less intrusive to animals and other people enjoying the land!

And you'd be right, it does not work on lager calibers (I tried this with my 308). But using a 1l soda bottle and .22 I got as good results as with my aluminium silencer. The bottle is enough to let the pressure from the small caliber expand and slow down. We actually tested this in the garage with my gunsmith. The action was about the loudest thing your could hear.

I can post a video next time I go the range!
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.