[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the Marine Corps the meme-iest branch? It's like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: fmj boot.jpg (96 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
fmj boot.jpg
96 KB, 1440x900
Why is the Marine Corps the meme-iest branch? It's like they understood the value of symbols and traditions and this image of being a tough, hardened killer and used it in their recruitment, despite their apparent hardships compared to the other branches. Was this intentional or did it come naturally?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9MrzsNUhlQ
>>
File: 1458906293946.jpg (24 KB, 300x329) Image search: [Google]
1458906293946.jpg
24 KB, 300x329
>>29570527
They're the slightly retarded red-headed step child that wasn't given quite enough attention so they're bitter, and the chain of command passes down this bitterness to the new guys so its a perpetual cycle of butthurt.

And now they're getting attention because the US government let them take some islands from rice farmers and need to prove something because they'll never quite equal the armies achievements, everyone says they're great but they know they're inadequate.
>>
>>29572125
/thread
>>
they spend the most on marketing. To build up an image what a marine and the marine corp are.
>>
>>29572611
Not really. Their budget for recruitment/advertising is miniscule especially when compared to other branches.
>>
>>29570527
Got every other branch in japan on base curfew by raping some Japanese girls. Fuck them.
>>
File: 1459751328700.jpg (2 MB, 3136x2352) Image search: [Google]
1459751328700.jpg
2 MB, 3136x2352
Can I get some 1Gs in the chat please?
>>
I was fucking a marine in the ass the other day and it dawned on me that the dude might be a fucking faggot.
>>
If there wasn't a daily Marine hate thread this wouldn't be /k/.
>>
>>29573264
sweet jesus
>>
>>29570527
Because they've got nothing else of note.
>>
>>29570527
I have to admit that the marines make their image really work for them. They get all the dumb kids that have something to prove, indoctrinate them, then have them spout all the marine shit they teach them and get even more dumb kids to join up.
>>
File: 1459797568573.gif (565 KB, 367x265) Image search: [Google]
1459797568573.gif
565 KB, 367x265
>>29573264
>>
>>29570527
USMC doesn't make any fucking sense. Why do they even have tanks, or aircraft? Shit's all retarded, the only cases where you usually see "two armies" in a given state is when it's a shithole like Saudi Arabia where they need "the guard" to protect the royal family from the regular army.
Except Marines aren't like that. They aren't like anything, actually. They don't really get any special training, but they sure as shit make more noize than any real special forces unit.
But if you look at their history, they really don't have much to show for it. They suffered a lot and got their teeth kicked in the Pacific, and that's where their myth was born. In Vietnam it was much the same. There's absolutely no basis for all the hype.
>>
File: No Better Friend.jpg (42 KB, 704x720) Image search: [Google]
No Better Friend.jpg
42 KB, 704x720
>>
File: Marine Battalion Landing Force.jpg (606 KB, 2626x1600) Image search: [Google]
Marine Battalion Landing Force.jpg
606 KB, 2626x1600
>>29574677
It's to support their infantry.

Everything the marine Corps operates is for the sole job of infantry support. Their Harriers and F/A-18's are there for CAS, not Air to air combat.
Their Abrams are there for support of infantry, not for huge armored battles.
>>
>>29572125
I smell butthurt
>>
>>29573248
Rah airforce
>>
>>29573264

My boner is so hard the head is about to pop off and bounce around the room.
>>
>>29575787
If this picture included the aircraft contingent it would be amazing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.