[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm interested in "building" (read buying parts)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: UJ5It.jpg (43 KB, 1023x425) Image search: [Google]
UJ5It.jpg
43 KB, 1023x425
I'm interested in "building" (read buying parts) a can. I am planning on sending off my form at the end of this week and was curious about the baffles. I plan on buying a Ti tube and end caps. For the baffles I know I can buy and drill freeze plugs or use VSR and a cut spacer tube. But what I want to know about is the legalities regarding have a machine shop make baffles for me but not drilling out the center so they are not in possession of baffles. Is this legal? Obviously none of this will be done and no parts purchased before I have form 1 approval.
>>
>>29570064
I don't want the freeze plug option because from my understanding they cannot be removed for cleaning. I plan on using this as both a .223 and 22lr can so I do have a need to clean it after being used as a 22lr can. The reason I want to build a can is because I'm not old enough to purchase a new can and don't want to go through the process of finding an individual to sell me a used can.
If I cannot legally have a machine shop make the baffles then I will probably go the VSR route
>>
Until baffles and endcap are drilled, the assembly is solvent trap. Also, plugs aren't permament.
>>
As far as I've seen, you can just buy all this shit on Amazon so I wouldn't worry about it too much until you get your stamp... That said, I know fuck all about it so don't listen to me...
>>
If you make your own suppressor from like a maglight body, who has to do the engraving? You can do repairs if you are the manufacturer right?
>>
>>29570213
you mean for a SN?
>>
>>29570213
OP here the answer is no you cannot make repairs even if you made it unless you pay a $200 stamp again. If you want a repair without the stamp you have to take it to a suppressor manufacturer with an ffl. Anyone can do the engraving as long as it has the appropriate depth and required information.
>>
>>29570227
Yeah, like where the serialized part on most suppressors seems to just be a tube and all the rest can be replaced if you strike a baffle, but you have to send it back to the manufacturer. If you build it yourself you can legally repair it right? What other than pmita prison sentence would stop you from just buying a new body and engraving it yourself the same as the original if the original failed?
>>
>>29570261
The legal answer is no and while I don't advocate breaking the law the old Navy saying is lose lips sink ships
>>
>>29570261
>What other than pmita prison sentence would stop you from just buying a new body and engraving it yourself the same as the original if the original failed?

other then you're not suppose to nothing i guess. no one really checks on that stuff. i made a SBS from a shotgun with no SN. i made one up and submitted it. grabbed a dremel and started engraving. if i ever break the shotgun honestly ill just by another of the same model and, cut it, engrave it and throw the old one away.

now if mag lights already come serialized (dont know if the do or not) i would use that serial number in which case you couldnt just get a new one. if they dont come serialized then who would ever know if you switched the tubes out?
>>
File: fg.jpg (54 KB, 466x594) Image search: [Google]
fg.jpg
54 KB, 466x594
>>29570290
>>
>>29570350
They do not come serialized. Just tubes.
>>
>>29570379
well then just dont engrave more then one at a time and nothing will ever really happen unless you start telling people about it.
>>
>>29570261
yeah and shit on the graves of all the brave men and women in uniform who have given the ultimate sacrifice to safeguard our laws and way of life, you edgy cunt
>>
just buy a suppressor.

You'll pay a bit more, but it will be far, far, far superior to anything you will make.
>>
>>29571568
Anon I said I'm not old enough unless I find someone to sell me a used one privately which I'm not interested in
But as a counter argument it seems like a lot of freeze plug cans or homemade vsr cans out there are just as quiet as there 1k counter parts
>>
Does anyone have the answer for the original question? Would it be legal to have someone else shape but not drill through the baffles?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.