[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well /k/, should I get it rechambered so its safe to shoot? Or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-04-11-10-06-25.png (199 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-11-10-06-25.png
199 KB, 1080x1920
Well /k/, should I get it rechambered so its safe to shoot? Or should I leave as is so I can have a fancy wall hanger?
>>
Yep get it rechambered to 8mm, 30-fud6, or .308
>>
8 M M
M
M
>>
>>29569287
imo a bat and an angry phone call to the fucking faggots that sold you the rifle - you can outright refuse to accept it since it hasnt been transferred to you yet and be stuck paying the $50 fee.

sounds like someone tried to fuck you over, and if its the guys who contacted you in the pic, they may have known and use that one rifle to fish $50 restocking fees out of people
>>
>>29569324
I bought it from someone else. I just had a gunsmith clean it man

>>29569304
>>29569313
Yeah I'm going to do 8mm, want to keep it as original as possible
>>
>>29569369
why would you have a gunsmith clean a gun?

anyway, I'd check it yourself
I honestly don't trust gunsmiths especially when they're trying to sell you something
>>
>>29569369
>just had a gunsmith clean it

Wtf don't you know how to clean your own firearms?
>>
>>29569757
>why would you have a gunsmith clean a gun?
Sounds like OP came across a rifle with a seriously fucked up bore.
>>
>>29569287
8x56R reamers unavailable?
More like they don't feel like being bothered.
Get the rifle home and see how it is. A Lot of the older pitted bores actually do well with slightly oversized patched bullets.
>>
>I am so fucking retarded I can't clean my own guns

you fucking deserved it OP
>>
>>29569885
>>29569836
>>29569757
This anon >>29569854 is correct. The bore was corroded to shit I sent it to the gunsmith for abhypersonic cleaning.

Anyway, I called him and he said he could do the rechambering to 8mm, but also that he could simply put a new barrel in it if they can find one online.

I kinda wanna keep its original as possible but then again I can always find another gun in better shape that's original too
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.