[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gun display cabinets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
When did people lose their sense of class and start storing their guns in unsightly metal cubes lacking any sense of style?

I come from an era where a man was proud of his guns and enjoyed having them on display in his mancave alongside his other trophies. My friends and I sit around my bar, drinking homemade craft brews and aged single malt scotch, smoking cigars and trading stories about trophy fucks. Not drinking hipster shit trying to feel tacticool.

Where has all the class gone?
>>
>When did people lose their sense of class and start storing their guns in unsightly metal cubes lacking any sense of style?

About the same time little Johnny decided it was a good idea to take Dad's gun to school and blast his mates in their brains.
>>
>>29565909
Go to bed grandpa
>>
Good day, sir, I tip my pith helmet to you!
>>
>>29565909

It's not about style, it's about security.

Right now I do have most of my guns in a cabinet, and I love it. They look beautiful in there and I love being able to gaze at them and not having to drag them out of a safe or closet when I want to fingerfuck them.

The downside is that it's insecure as fuck and would take absolutely no time at all for a criminal to break into. Plus you can't exactly hide your collection, so every workman or other random shmuck that ends up in your house gets a nice big advertisement about your expensive gun collection. It works for me because I keep most of my guns at my mom's while I'm at school so they're in a nice white suburban neighborhood in a house filled with people and dogs that no sane criminal would ever choose to rob. When I get my own permanent place though I do intend to get a safe. Security is more important than aesthetics. You can go on all you want about muh class and muh bar but you won't be feeling so classy when you're filling out a police report on your stolen firearms.
>>
>>29565936
The cabinet is always locked. And that little shit needed his ass beat more often, not mom and dad making excuses for his shortcomings.

Back in pop-pops day, kids got lessons from dad... Not a pussy ass talking to from "hipster dad" who was more concerned with being his friend than his parent.
>>
>>29566014
>Son is a supreme gentleman and hates himself, hates life, hates everyone and wants to kill his friends at school
>Goes to the cabinet
>"Aw shucks Daddy locked his guns away, oh well. I'll respect his wishes and not break into his cabinet to kill all my friends. Gee whiz."
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
>>29566035
Back in my day we solved problems with our fists. But we were men in the making and we weren't afraid of alittle ass kicking.

Then again, we also spent our time outside playing sports, hunting, and fishing. Not sitting in our parents house, unemployed, wishing that we could fuck cartoon ponies.
>>
>>29566120
Thank the media for that one. Breathless coverage of every minor police incident and a 24 hour news cycle make people think the world is going to hell when we're actually safer than we've ever been unless you live in an urban neighborhood with a bunch of minorities.
>>
The Columbine Massacre Happened.

After Columbine, gun culture changed. It was all over the news, and people were freaking the fuck out. To add insult to injury, if you remember, Columbine happened during the Clinton ban, which made people feel even more insecure, because it felt like we weren't doing enough. People were terrified of guns falling into the wrong hands.

Paranoia set in.

It didn't stop at Columbine. Events like 9/11, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, and a shitload of other things in between, made that paranoia worse.

Problem is, gun cases like OPs just aren't secure, and security is a bigger issue than ever now.
>>
>>29565909
>When did people lose their sense of class and start storing their guns in unsightly metal cubes lacking any sense of style?
When they realized it's more practical.

>I come from an era where a man was proud of his guns and enjoyed having them on display in his mancave alongside his other trophies. My friends and I sit around my bar, drinking homemade craft brews and aged single malt scotch, smoking cigars and trading stories about trophy fucks.
You sound pretentious and gay as fuck.
Fudd, too. No one cares about your subjective sense of fashion and class.

>Not drinking hipster shit trying to feel tacticool
You are literally doing something less practical for the sake of it being "different" and "classy".

YOU are the hipster Anon.

>Where has all the class gone?
I bet you are into men fashion as well.
>>
>>29566120
>Back in my day we solved problems with our fists
The fuck do you need guns for then?

Are you fucking gay or what?
>>
File: uv3Wa.jpg (85 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
uv3Wa.jpg
85 KB, 640x512
>>29566014
>The cabinet is always locked.

>someone breaks in
>sees a display cabinet full of guns
>it's locked

>"Oh no, I guess it's just not my day"
>>
>>29565909
The 1960s civil rights movement when white aplologists decided blacks weren't responsible for their own actions

AKA the birth of nationwide nigger culture.
>>
File: giphy.gif (595 KB, 460x600) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
595 KB, 460x600
>>29565909
I'm kind of on your side, but it wouldn't have been so fedora-tier if you hadn't been so muh class.
>>
>>29566035
It wouldn't be a problem if you raise your kids right, where you love them and they love you too, but you're constantly aware that you're by no means equal.

As a teen, that drove me up the wall, but I think I'm better for it.
>>
>>29566120
>Back in my day
>>29565909
>this whole fucking thread

OP is a confirmed "muh shitty millenials generation" 27 year old.
>>
>>29568717
>when white aplologists decided blacks weren't responsible for their own actions

And now look at what they've done since then.
>>
File: newfamily.jpg (471 KB, 928x767) Image search: [Google]
newfamily.jpg
471 KB, 928x767
>>29565909
>>
File: Nugget of the Hand.jpg (621 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Nugget of the Hand.jpg
621 KB, 1500x1000
>>29565909

My dream is to someday have a house with my own vault/gun room. That way I can display all my guns on the wall while still having the sense of security.

>>29569292
Nice hand nugget, bro.
>>
A Great Uncle of mine had his guns in a nice display cabinet. Him and wife never had kids either.

When he and later his wife died, my father, his nephew, was the executor of the estate. All the guns were sold off as a lot to a broker, pretty much right away with out anyone that knows guns.

We still managed to find a Ruger Bearcat from the early 60s and a Carcano Short Rifle converted to fire 8mm mauser(by the SS for the Volksstrum).

Later I find a list of what was in the cabinet. The usual fudd sticks, and something listed as "colt revolver, .357". Which given my childhood memories that cabinet of guns and the age of my great uncle. There was a good chance it was a very old Python.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.