[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop these nightmares where my carry gun malfunctions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 21
How do I stop these nightmares where my carry gun malfunctions at the worst possible moment?
>>
>>29564413
Buy a Glock and rest easy knowing Glock Perfection will never malfunction on you.
>>
>>29564413
You don't.

Ever.
>>
You can't. I've had them to. Have you ever had a dream where you're in a fight but your punches are doing nothing? It's because your brain is expecting a physical response but is getting nothing. Same thing with your gun, you expect to feel recoil, but you don't, so your brain thinks it malfunctions.

Dreams are weird.
>>
>>29564431
What if one of his ammos are bad
>>
>>29564413
Lucid dreaming might help

always have a back up
>>
Train.
>>
>>29564413
>>29564438

My CCW dreams involve a shoot and then dealing with the aftermath, but never me getting killed or my weapon failing
>>
>>29564413

Start carrying multiple guns, with multiple magazines, with multiple types of ammo.
>>
>>29564431
I did this but now its even worse when it malfunctions
I guess its a good sign that I'm starting to clear it properly in my dreams now

>>29564450
this is every fight dream for me
>>
>>29564431
I never had those dreams until I bought a glock and started keeping it on my nightstand.
Not malfunctions, but 100lbs trigger pull.
Thanks Glawk.
>>
File: 1459869051054.png (80 KB, 1982x1133) Image search: [Google]
1459869051054.png
80 KB, 1982x1133
>>29564413
It's just your mind training itself for shit situations. I have them often. Now it's kind of like a tell that I'm dreaming.

Or I'll have some where in swimming and I "try and slip a breath or two underwater, the water won't notice"
>>
>>29564413
Start lucid dreaming. To put it simply, to achieve lucidity in a dream, you must realize that it is a dream. The easiest way to do this is by performing so called reality checks during the day.
>ask yourself is this a dream, really question reality
>counting your fingers (wrong amount oddly shaped in dreams)
>flick switches without thinking about what they do (won't work as they should in dreams)
>read a text / check the time (this will change as soon as you look elsewhere and back)
Also keep a dream journal to force your brain to focus more on the dreams and on remembering them.

Make guns one of your "ticks" to perform a reality check, so eventually when you have a gun in your dream, you'll realise it's a dream and blast away.
>>
A couple of things work.

1. Shouting "No, FUCK YOU, you're dead !" at the monster or bad guy.
2. Carrying a double barrel shotgun. For some reason, these always work in my dreams.
3. Winchester lever action, for dreams that need firepower. I guess my brain always expects these to work too.

Anyway, it solved that shit for me.
>>
File: 1460268228168.jpg (692 KB, 553x936) Image search: [Google]
1460268228168.jpg
692 KB, 553x936
>>29564413
It happens to lots of people, and there is very little you can do about it. On Combat has some good material on the subject.

>be medic
>the blood won't stop
>the air won't go in
>stillscreamingwithnoairway.how
>scalpels won't cut
>the blood won't stop
>needles bend
>tourniquets slide off
>the blood won't stop
>he is still screaming
>the blood won't stop
>the blood won't stop
>the blood won't stop
>thebloodwontstop

I have been getting them once it twice a month since I enlisted. That was twelve years ago.
>>
>>29564456
Just shoot them all to test them
>>
>>29564450
Fuck, this is the most enraging felling I have ever had in a dream before.

I used to dream that I was winding up the biggest punch I have ever thrown, when it hits him on the chin my hand just stops. He is killed by the blow nor is my hand sore. Thats when I wake up mostly I think from being angry at the impossibility of it.

Now after I got my first firearm, a FEG Browning Hi-Power, I dream that I have a round in the chamber hammer back trying to shoot some dumb kaffir. But it is like I cant pull the trigger at all, almost like my index finger is not strong enough.

Still makes me angry.
>>
>>29564696
And it never ends bro. Never.
>>
>>29564413
Train more and do more malfunction clearing practice.
>>
>>29564696
>fug
>>
File: cccfeel.jpg (54 KB, 496x369) Image search: [Google]
cccfeel.jpg
54 KB, 496x369
>>29564696
I didn't ask for these feels
>>
First you need to realize that your perceived sexual inadequacies are completely normal for men your age. The nightmares about failing to perform in a gunfight is only a symptom of underlying sexual frustration.
>>
>>29564413
this used to happen to me when i had cheap guns. my guns are higher quality now and never fail in my dreams now
>>
>>29564413
I shoot people but they don't die.
>>
>>29564413
Carry back up.
>>
>>29564413
carry a back up
>>
>>29564413
They just go away after a long while. There isn't anything you can actually do but be patient.

Mine was that I couldn't pull the trigger all the way back. Yes, the original LCP trigger literally gave me nightmares.
>>
>>29564450
If you box or train punching your nerve paths for that will get stronger and you will start punching in your sleep.
>>
/k/ dreams thread?
> Me, female friend, and someone else I don't remember step out of a car
> 7-8 people surround us and ask me if I'm the only guy there
> say yes
>"Well, in that case, drop your fucking wallets"
> Falter for a bit trying to stealthily open pocket knife (under 21 so no cc)
> Stab the fuck out of one of them
> Go absolutely apeshit on him
> So much so that all the other ones run off
> Rest of the dream proceeded into something else like it didn't even happen

I'm still trying to figure out what it means...
>>
So this is a fairly common dream among /k/ and other gun owners, but do non-gun people have dreams where they have guns that don't work?
>>
>>29564450
>dream i have my p226 on me and im about to shoot this crazy bitch
>realize in my dream the hammer is not there and its solid
>realize its a dream and try to control it
>try to make it rain a meteor on the bitch
>nothing happens

i thought if you knew it was a dream youll be able to control it. why a meteor? i dont know but i just wanted the bitch gone.
>>
>>29565390
If you're a beginner at lucid dreaming, it helps to say out loud what will happen.
>>
File: Smith and Wesson 638 bodyguard.jpg (52 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Smith and Wesson 638 bodyguard.jpg
52 KB, 640x480
>>29564413

Get a revolver.
>>
>>29564413
Buy a USP compact
>>
>>29565274

Things malfunctioning in one way or another and fucking you is common in dreams (car not starting when you're trying to escape, etc.).

If your inclination is to shoot your way out of a problem rather than run away and you know that guns can jam and ammo can be faulty then I'd say your more likely to dream about it being a problem then people who's knowledge about guns is based on the magic murder machines that Hollywood depicts them as.
>>
>>29564696
That's some top-tier horror movie material right there.
>>
>>29564413
Hit the range. Shoot often. and train with your weapon. it'll boost your confidence with the handgun.
>>
File: Worried Feline is Worried.jpg (480 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Worried Feline is Worried.jpg
480 KB, 1024x768
Not to hijack your thread OP but i too had these dreams, and i overcame them idk exactly how. But my question is what if my new dreams are similar but not exactly.
> Be me in a weird self defense situation
> Using a shotgun with 00buckshot
> shoot the bad guy and i can SEE the entry holes and they are big and bloody
> attacker doesn't feel a thing, keeps approaching me not giving a fuck
> unload entire mag tube
> still no fucks give.
> throw away gun
> and the rest always varies from him fucking me up and i waking up, to me beating my way out and fleeing
Ive has these kind of dreams a good amount of time already whats the deal?
>>
>>29564696

lol who gives a fuck
>>
>>29564413
Carry an AK instead of whatever pansy gun you're using now. It's not gonna break on you.
>>
>>29565933

> Trash can gun
> not going to break

IN. Paging NorCal
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 600x847
I thought I was the only one who had dreams like those. I end up cleaning it and lining it up
>>
>>29564450
My dad had that dream every night until he died from brain cancer.
We both thought his faceless opponent he was fighting was a personification of the cancer itself.
>>
I've only had one dream about something like that, where someone broke in and I had to grab my pistol out of my drawer and rack the slide, and during that they managed to grab me

My fucked up dreams go
>Have to run from something, either in
>Waist deep water
>One leg is lopsided, can't run right
>Push off to start running, start floating slowly in the air
Shit sucks
>>
>>29565847

>'tis but a flesh wound
>>
>>29565999
Nice trips anti-satan.
> Push off to start running, start slowly floating in the air
This happens to me often, but wheneve this happens i realize its a dream and the threat is immediately over and i just enjoy the rest of the dream super jumping on shit (not too unbelievably high, just like liqour stores and shit)

Pretty fun senpai you should try it, whenever you have these dreams just remember its a dream and have fun super jumping
>>
>>29564413
You have those dreams too, anon?
>>
File: 1458702757496.png (396 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458702757496.png
396 KB, 800x1000
>>29564696
>>
>>29564413
Only had one dream where my gun malfunctioned, well actually in the dream I couldn't physically pull the trigger caused it felt like it had a 100lb trigueros pull.

In another dream I died after a shootout with some men, I remember feeling like I couldn't breathe, looking down and seeing blood spots where bullets hit my chest. I knew I was dying in the passenger seat of a car, I disassembled my gun and threw the parts far away with my last ounce of strength. Then I died, woke up with the most clear mind ever, fucking weird.
>>
>>29565096
you need to remove black guard anon, the dream called
>>
>>29566139
Redguards*
>>
Anyone have dreams where they die? Not the kind where you wake up a split second before it happens, but the kind where you die from a gunshot or car accident or whatever, and it feels like you just don't exist for a good 10 to 15 seconds before you wake up.
>>
>>29565436
being a mememeister helps as well, shit-posting 24/7 help make easily recognized pattern.
>>
>>29566161
Yes, i feel like im laying down and i can't feelanything and move any limbs or scream. I start to panic and my heart starts to beat fast, after what feels like forever (easily like 8 seconds or so) i wake up with my heart pounding and my head throbbing (but not hurting)
>>
>>29564413
You need to up your Prozium interval OP.
>>
File: 1458186369330.jpg (30 KB, 320x416) Image search: [Google]
1458186369330.jpg
30 KB, 320x416
>>29564696
I'm too drunk for this
good thread but I'm bailing
Thank you for bearing yourself to us
Thank you medics, I was the guy cussing you out while you patched me up. (I didn't like calling medics for what I perceived as minor stuff)
>>
>>29565556
>that fucking .webm
It's official. I am never watching another comedy with firearms in it.
>>
>>29565847
>Go hog hunting
>Blow one to hell with 00
>realize it fucks shit up
>imagine boar being Jamal
>sleep soundly
>>
>>29564450
Yeah those suck. Used to get me worried that it'll happen irl
>>
>>29565966
>teacupping
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1019x881) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1019x881
I've had dreams where I go to shoot someone and despite the muzzle flash and noise, there's no recoil and an airsoft bb comes out. After having handled a p64 Radom at a gunshow and learning how retardedly heavy a trigger pull can be, the extra dimension of having a 20lb trigger pull on top of My gun being nerfed is added. It's really unnerving.
Other times I'll need to get somewhere but my left hip hurts and I have to move at an agonizingly slow pace
>>
File: Operator Laurie.gif (2 MB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
Operator Laurie.gif
2 MB, 300x170
>>29566562
>>29566562

The sad thing is, that's not even a comedy. Its supposed to be a serious scene showing how badass the heroines are.
>>
File: Ben reaction.jpg (34 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Ben reaction.jpg
34 KB, 300x300
>>29566594
>supposed to be serious
Is it possible for people to be so noguns that they have negative guns?
>>
File: My Guns - Best of.jpg (1 MB, 2377x1693) Image search: [Google]
My Guns - Best of.jpg
1 MB, 2377x1693
>>29566614

What exactly lead you to the conclusion that I don't have guns chief?

I'm not the Hollywood cock mongler who filmed that abomination.
>>
>>29564413
I occasionally get those, and the "punches that never connect or do anything" dreams. Lately I've had dreams of me chasing a perp, catching them, then just straight up executing them once I've got them in cuffs.
>>
Eh. For me, the dreams is that I didn't draw and shoot fast enough. End up in a Mexican Standoff with my family in the line of fire. Wake up sweating bullets. Don't care if I get killed myself, but thinking about having my loli hit is just dreadful.
>>
>>29564683
Reminds me of that screencap of the guy who had a dream about Bob Ross
>>
>>29564413
Become a somnambulist.

http://jezebel.com/5896222/swedish-man-will-employ-somnambulist-defense-in-rape-trial
>>
>>29566634
>shitty wheelgat
>shitty tt
>shitty 1911 minus 3

you count as noguns to me pal
>>
>>29564413
Fuck you I!!! I going to get those dreams now... Thanks anom.
>>
>>29564933

t. Sigmund "Well You Can't Prove You DON'T Want To Fuck Your Mother" Freud
>>
File: Incredulous sexy_beast.jpg (21 KB, 270x203) Image search: [Google]
Incredulous sexy_beast.jpg
21 KB, 270x203
>>29566832

>shitty wheelgat

My Great Grandfather's Colt 1908 Army that he took to WWI and WWII.

>shitty tt

My Great Grandfather's Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless

>shitty 1911 minus 3

My Grandfather's Army Issue Remington Rand M1911A1 that he carried in WWII and Korea.

>implying those are my only guns
>you count as noguns to me pal

Yeah, I'd say the same of you chief.
>>
>>29566878

>1908 Army

Its a 1909 Army, silly me, I can't even operate my keyborad prooprly.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 700x700
>100 lb trigger pull

>pull trigger and nothing happens, rack slide and eject dud round, repeat until magazine is empty
>even when I DO manage to get a round off, it has little or no effect on my target
>>
>Having a dream
>need to defend my spectral dream body
>find rusted to shit CZ-52 with one mag
>suddenly being chased
>pull trigger and it never breaks
>pull trigger again and the hammer falls
>nothing happens
>no report, no recoil, nothing

All of my fucking dreams are like this. I always wake up in a state of panic.
>>
>>29564450

I recently had one of these dreams but I anticipated getting my ass kicked and became a fucking world-ending monster and suddenly had super powers and shit.

I always get heavy triggers on my dream guns though.
>>
>>29566916
On a slightly related note I have also been having nightmares and waking up with a bloody nose that has already clotted. The best I can figure is I am just drinking my blood in my sleep as it flows down my throat.
>>
>>29566832
>Colt 1909
>Tokarev

These are two different firearms, Mr. Noguns. Unless yow were talking about the 1911A1, in which case you're just an idiot.
>>
Purchase AK comrade.
>>
>>29564696
PTSD dreams are the best right?

>been 4 years since discharge
>brain starts to put people in my dreams that weren't even apart of my deployment
>I clearly know its a dream
>doesn't stop the horrors that occur.
>wake in a pool of sweat scared as fuck.

Been this way since 2010, hate my life.
>>
>>29564413
>how do I stop these nightmares where my carry gun malfunctions at the worst possible moment?

Easy. Move to Europe or some anti gun state.

Then you'll never have to worry about guns because there aren't any and the police will protect you.
>>
File: 1457249297675.jpg (47 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1457249297675.jpg
47 KB, 700x525
>tfw the only dreams I remember are of me getting cockblocked or spooked
>tfw I used to dream of bombing the shit out of monsters back when I was eight because SWAT Kat's
>tfw I'll never have dreams of being a Cobra commando again
Not even my guns can take away this pain
>>
i find that when i get a new gun, once ive become familiar with it it usually functions properly when lucid dreaming. most things electronic dont.. it seems like whatever part of your brain remembers the way things work mechanically it's able to reproduce them when dreaming.
>>
For me it's always the trigger pull. It is so hard pulling it, that I miss because my hand jerks. Sometimes, it doesn't want to go off at all.
>>
>>29566131
>Ich wollte nicht dieses Gefühl
>>
This dream shit ery day.

>gun doesn't work or bullets: they do nothing.
>get so angry in dreams I start yelling "BANG" when I pull the trigger
>leer at bad guys with the intensity of a thousand suns until they get the message and fall down or suddenly blow open and die
>mfw "I SAID BANG BITCH YOU'RE DEAD!" sometimes enforces death in my derp dreams
>>
>>29566718
>calling your child a lolicon

Is there something you'd like to tell us, Joseph?
>>
I've never had my guns fail to kill someone when I'm dreaming. And by guns, I mean my .38 spl that I CC, or one time my nugget. Nothing else has ever shown up even though I have much better guns for the video game like situations where enemy NPCs are trying to kill me. I never even have/use/need my guns if it doesn't resemble a game. My life hasn't been very violent.

I have, however, had my sword break on an intruder who killed me with a single punch. That was right after a car accident IRL.
>>
>>29564504
>Not malfunctions, but 100lbs trigger pull.
Ok, I understand that this is a meme joke and that glocks don't have the best trigger out there, but is there seriously this many people who think glock triggers are this abysmal?

Is this the same as when people complain about full 30 rd mags not fitting well into closed bolt ar?
>>
My FAL always seems to work in my dreams. I guess it's blessed by the ghost of Ian Smith in my dream world.

Anyway, on a slightly related note, is there anyone else who sometimes has trouble with hearing the sound of whizzing bullets in your head when you're just about to fall asleep? It happens like once a month for me and I lose sleep because of it.
>>
File: REMOVE HONK.png (110 KB, 555x557) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE HONK.png
110 KB, 555x557
>>29566578
Truth.
I had to chase down a goose that was winged, but I couldn't get close enough to grab him and wring his neck.
Leveled the shotgat and blew his top half off from about 5-7 yards away.
After seeing a goose load do that I never felt underarmed with 00 in my Mossman.

Actually seeing what gunshots do to living things at close range is visceral.
I was probably only 13/14 and I remember it like it was yesterday after more than a decade.
>>
Luckily I very rarely get bad dreams; usually my dreams are either me operating or me getting nice guns that I wish I could have in real life. Though once my younger brother who doesn't even like guns had a dream where someone broke in and he went to my old room where my guns still were for some reason and tried to load one but didn't know how it works. So the guns not working nightmares extend even to antigunners.
>>
File: 1457041873492.jpg (61 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1457041873492.jpg
61 KB, 600x600
>>29566878
>>29566882
all this asshurt over shitty old jam buckets. talk shit when you have a glock master race
>>
>>29564413
Stop sleeping.
>>
>>29564813
lol Kaffir, Safferbro here, having the same fucking drreams over and over again where they are in my flat and I shoot them but my rounds just barely penetrate the skin.
>>
File: 1450618657329.png (337 KB, 540x583) Image search: [Google]
1450618657329.png
337 KB, 540x583
>sleeping nice and peacefully one night
>suddenly i am awoken by the loudest noise I have ever heard sounded
>Wake up ears ringing, head spinning
>in a matter of seconds cycle through what could be happening in my head
>look at the side of bed ar15 is there
>still hear ringing and head is still spinning
>Grab ar load one mag chamber round
>feel nauseous
>run out into hallway
>then nothing ears are fine, Head stop's spinning
>there's nothing there
>ask family that morning no one heard anything
Fucking exploding head man, I thought some one fired my ar indoors
>>
>>29564413

>Be dreaming.
>Draw Glock brand Glock 26 on bad guy.
>Pull trigger.
*click*
>Drop gun.
>CHOKE THE SHIT OUT OF THIS FUCKING BITCH ASS FAGGOT WITH MY BARE HANDS AND FEEL HIS WIND PIPE COLLAPSE BETWEEN MY GOD DAMN THUMBS.

I've never had this dream since.
>>
>>29567449
>Glock doesn't explode when trigger is pulled

That's the part where you realize it's a dream
>>
>>29565994
God rest your dad's soul.
>>
>>29564844
The truth
>>
>>29564413
Everyone talks about heavy triggers, but in my dreams the slide is too heavy / rusted on so I can't cycle a round into the chamber. That's the worst. My gun is suddenly a fucking brick.

Who's go that picture of the skinwalkers attacking the FOB? click, click, clicjkk
>>
Whenever I have to kill someone in a dream they just keep coming and never die.

Strangle someone for what feels like hours and they just get back up.

Slash them up or stab their carotid and they just turn around.

I had a dream where I had to use my .357 J-frame and I put all 5 rounds right through their chest, then the attacker proceeded to punch me in the face.

And it's not like >>29564450 where my punches aren't doing anything. They can have their throat torn out or a sucking chest wound. Doesn't matter.
>>
>>29564413
The irony is that I am currently noguns and never had a gun fail on me in my dreams.
>shot a skinwalker-like being with three shots from a .38 Armscor
>got 3 witch-vampires with a Microgun on the second time (dream happened before and that one ended in me being leaped on and waking up in cold sweat)
>epic oper8in with a female friend with Hi-Points with Beretta style barrels and slide cut.
>Pinned down under a pickup truck getting suppressed by a MG42 style machinegun manned by the same female friend, while I have a goddamn Ruger 10/22. Dream ends with one-on-one melee fight with her having handcuffs as a weapon as my rifle was thrown away from my reach and her MG ran out.
Feels good man.
>>
>>29567949
I had a dream a few months ago where I was armed to the teeth sitting alone in my attic expecting a group of like 5 ISIS guys and instead got greeted by an entire damn company. That dream sucked.
>>
>>29567509
Thanks.
>>
>>29568055
>going down in a blaze of glory
Could be better
>>
Had this last night.
>walking through some city over a bridge
>see guy with plague doctor mask on
>he starts coming at me with a shepard's hook, like the gardening kind
>magdump
>doesnt faze him one bit
>proceed to fight him with an 8lb barbell, and then a shepard's hook
>im weak as fuck and my blows don't do anything
>manage to get him nesr the edge of the bridge
>use the shepard's hook to hook his feet and throw him off the bridge
>pick up my spent brass and get the fuck out of dodge because I know he's coming back
>>
>>29564413
Get a backup mousegun piece. I got an LCP as an above the wallet carry piece and those nightmares stopped.
>>
>>29565994
sorry to hear about your father anon
lost mine to cancer about 5 months ago
>>
>>29564413

I have these nightmares too. So often that, when it happens, I know I'm dreaming and can just will the gun to fire.

Surely, that will never happen in real life.
>>
>>29566161
I had one where I was observing my own funeral.
>>
>>29564413
Just don't carry one, then you don't need to worry senpai :^)
>>
>>29564413
#ALLAHUACKBAR yourself to sleep like I do.
>>
>>29564413
Had a dream last night where I was chasing this guy, as a LEO, and he was gunning down people in a crowded place, but my trigger felt like 100lbs.

>be me, LEO sitting on hood
>laughing with another Officer
>call comes over the radio
>"Sam-32, we have an active shooter at (insert random place here), respond code 3"
>"Sam-32 10-7"
>head over there
>we hop out
>partner goes down
>try to pull trigger
>wont budge
>use both hands
>finally goes off
>hit civvie
>goes on for hours of this guy shooting people while I shoot them to because of 2 handedness
>wake up in a heated sweat

Never again will I use a glock
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.