[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT General 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 19
File: QTDDTOT_2.jpg (82 KB, 680x650) Image search: [Google]
QTDDTOT_2.jpg
82 KB, 680x650
Previous thread: >>29526603

Hey guys; I'm here with a few questions that really don't deserve their own thread...

To start things off I'm thinking of building or buying AR-15 and using the Echo Trigger in the build or swapping the normal trigger for the Echo Trigger if I buy one. So far I'm considering the following if I am to buy:

>Colt AR-15 Expanse M4 ( see @ http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Rifles/Expanse-M4

>Eagle 15 MFT ( see @ https://armalite.com/shop/eagle-15-mission-first-tactical/ )

Would building or buying be the better option and if buying which should I buy and why?

Second question is related to pic: I'm a beginner prepper working on my bug-out gear and I'm hoping you guys can rate my build and tell me where I could improve...
>>
>>29564125
So continuing from my first post, the pic related is a build based off some advice I got off the first one and contains...

>> Belt:
> 449 AF Survival Knife
> Hatchet

>> ALICE, Large, Exterior pockets:
> Various cordage
> Small trauma/med kit & hygiene items
> Weatherproof notepad/Bible.

> ALICE, Large, Interior pockets:
> Waterproof bag containing an extra set of clothes & snowsuit.
> Sleeping bag
> Tent
> Two MRE ( for days I can't hunt or fish food )
> Slovenian Mess Kit ( canteen, utensils, cooking pan )

>> Pouch:
> One flint/steel
> One Multitool or SAK
> One small fishing/sewing kit.

>> Vest:
>Crossbow bolts in three lower pouches
>Main upper compartment has bionoculars, prescription goggles, one stainless steel flask ( back-up to boiling water if I lose the mess-kit pan ) and navigation tools.

>>On my person is...
>Folding knife attached to keys ( keys are in case I can ever go home; knife/keys are also part of my EDC )
>Lighter ( part of my EDC )
> Folding Shovel ( I'll likely attach it to the outside of the ALICE )
> Wallet ( some cash and proof of identity )

>> Ranged weapon; Crossbow:
> The crossbow itself
> Scope or sight to help aiming
> Bayonet attached not so much for combat use but as a removable spare knife.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
Question from last thread
>>29543346

I'm not really worried about maneuverability I just wanna know if the 20 in will be more deadly than the 16in in home defense. I already have handgun and used to have mossberg 500 in 20in barrel.
>>
>>29564125
Pls answer. Didn't see this before posting other one. >>29564573
>>
What kind of mechanism/type is the firing pin in a Beretta 92FS?

Is it Free-Floating (like in an SKS) or what?

**If I'm using wrong terminology, please correct me.
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 1334x750
What company 1911 is this?
>>
>>29565292
BAD DOG
>>
>>29565292
What is that from?

Is this the same guy?

>>>/wsg/1025557

And if I fucked that up,

http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1460058361432.webm
>>
I want to cut my own steel targets, what cost effective steel should I use?

Or should I just say fuck it and buy a target, since I don't have the tools to perform such a task.
>>
>>29565365
It was from this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adetEssKxlk&t=4m14s
>>
Bump for the bump gods
>>
File: newfag.png (1000 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
newfag.png
1000 KB, 1280x800
How the hell do I make one of these? I consider this question to be /k/ worthy, I only ever see these on this board.
>>
>>29566776
Innawoods.net
>>
>>29566859
Didn't they cancel the thing?
>>
File: EuroResistance.png (647 KB, 664x646) Image search: [Google]
EuroResistance.png
647 KB, 664x646
>>
Who here has been a LEO before?
How /k/ is it on a scale of preschool teacher to drunken SF operator?
>>
>>29568179
The game itself has been put on idefinite hold, but the "create and share your bug-out-bag panel" is still up and running. Give it a shot. http://www.innawoods.net/
>>
Anybody know where I can get Ghost Ring Sights for a Benelli Nova? At the place near my house they had one in stock, but it only had Open Sights, so I bought it assuming I could upgrade them later.
>>
>>29565292
The grips remind me of a Rock Island Armory Ultra FS, but the Frame and Hammer are different. Honestly it's really hard to tell 1911's apart for me. Sorry I can't be of anymore help.
>>
>>29564125
Is it possible so to get an ares 16 upper and some m27 links into Canada? I've never built an ar or imported parts for them before so I'm not sure on the procedure and haven't found any laws ascertaining to belt fed systems.
>>
File: 661203.jpg (28 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
661203.jpg
28 KB, 880x660
Boys I need some help with slings.

Which oens you guys think are the best ones? I plan to make a remington 700 build for some fun at the range.

Plan is to get a super sniper fixed 10x scope and glass bed the rifle. I don't want to go past 1.4k total for the whole thing,

Also if I somehow manage to get some extra cash for it I wanted a nice stock for it instead of the oem one. Issue is that this part costs more than the rifle alone like my pic.

I don't really plan to do anything too hardcore with it though, maybe if I get good at this shit try 1k yards.
>>
What's the difference between a carbine length and rifle length AR15 buffer tube kit and what the hell should I be looking for
>>
So a friend of mine offered me going hunting rabbits next Saturday. Currently I have a single shot 20ga shotgun (15yo gift from grandpa) and a .22 pellet rifle with a good scope (Benjamin Trail NP XL). Which one should I bring?
>>
>>29571332
O.P., here; I think I can answer this. A lot of people ( including me ) will tell you the .22 pellet is the way to go if you have the option to choose. If you hit a small animal like a squirrel or rabbit they will certainly feel it ( and are likely to be knocked back ) and your pellet will likely stay inside the animal. Just try to limit your shots to a maximum between 25-35 yards ( 30 ideally ) depending on which .22 pellet you use.

If you intend to go with the shotgun make sure your shot is specific for smaller game. You can see how that works via YouTube and hopefully that'll help you decide. Ultimately your decision should be based upon what is LEGAL in the area you plan to hunt in.

>>29570741
I wish you blessings on building your Remington! While I personally don't feel they make great range guns ( they shine in the field ) I look forward to seeing you post pics of your groupings. I don't really know enough about slings to help you but if your Remington is going to host a shorter barrel a Ching Sling might work.
>>
File: remi 700 sps.jpg (340 KB, 1024x694) Image search: [Google]
remi 700 sps.jpg
340 KB, 1024x694
>>29572253
>but if your Remington is going to host a shorter barrel a Ching Sling might work.
Thanks bro I will check it out.

Also the idea is to keep improving it with time, since it's harder for me to go innawoods I will focus on range stuff for now, but I kinda want a nice tripod too if I decide to go on a trip and play with it on a field.

Basically the upgrade idea (after I finish the basic build)

>Nice tripod (gotta research since that one will affect the vibration thus modifying where the bullet will end)
>Get a new stock like in that pic if I can't get it when I build it all.
>Get forms done and put a suppressor on it.

Also I will post pics when I get the basic thing done.
>>
I got a leather repro Vz24 sling for my Polish Mauser but its too fat to fit thru the sling bar on the side of the stock. What can I do to shrink the leather and make it pliable enough for the slider not to be a a pain in the ass?
>>
hypothetical question
lets say someone in his mid 20's who is pretty healthy got drunk last night and consumed the gunpowder and pellets in a shotgun shell. now this person isn't feeling any pain or any unusual feelings in the stomach other than the ones that occur after a night of heavy drinking. should this person go see a doctor or wait till it passes?
>>
File: walther p22 breech wear.jpg (1 MB, 5152x3864) Image search: [Google]
walther p22 breech wear.jpg
1 MB, 5152x3864
is this normal wear on the breech of a walther p22? if not, what can I do to prevent further damage?
>>
File: 1438307266938.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1438307266938.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Does anyone here have a Zastava m88a? Mine's been pushing the slide lock halfway out after about 3-5 shots and there's no mention of the problem online. Any experience?
>>
>>29565497
fuck
the BAZINGA got me off guard
>>
>>29573492
you know, that the p22 is just a blank gun in .22?
>>
>>29570266
Someone in the YouTube comments said it could be a Taurus, looked theirs up but couldn't tell either.
>>
>>29564125
Since the 1895 nagant revolver closes the gap between the cylinder and barrel, do I still have to worry about getting burned if my grip isn't right?
>>
I saw a Browning DAO in .380 the other day, are those worth a shit?

I also saw a Beretta Cheetah 84. Are THOSE worth a shit?
>>
File: Unknown - Copy.jpg (451 KB, 3295x1886) Image search: [Google]
Unknown - Copy.jpg
451 KB, 3295x1886
Do you guys know what rifle this is? It's a photo of my grandmother post-ww2 in Russia.

I've asked my family and no one knows. I can't ask my grandmother since she's dead, and I only knew about the photo afterwards.

The whole thing looks strange to me, and that forward grip just looks even weirder. I've tried looking around but it doesn't seem to match anything, at least from what I can tell.
>>
>>29573748
fine. is this normal wear for a [blank gun] in 22lr? I think I'm fucking it up by hitting it with the slide, I guess I'll try to be more careful .
>>
File: 1460155532550.jpg (15 KB, 315x396) Image search: [Google]
1460155532550.jpg
15 KB, 315x396
Seeking some gun purchase advice.

>bought a cheap mauser for my first gun, really like shooting decide to get an SKS
>SKS is really fucking awesome, I love semi autos
>sell cheap mauser for better mauser
>still trying to get nearly half as accurate as I was with last one
>don't want to splurge but want to have an AK before election scare
>won't be able to use guns for a year, want to be safe if ban happens (moving into dorm for a year from an apartment)

I really would like to get a WASR, and have been looking at the AK discussions a lot for the past few months. Should I just sell the SKS and go for it? I'd like to keep the newer mauser but I'm still experimenting with the sights which were garbage that came on it. Thoughts?
>>
File: 1164877293805.jpg (26 KB, 280x266) Image search: [Google]
1164877293805.jpg
26 KB, 280x266
Anybody got a coupon code for

https://www.varusteleka.com/en
>>
building a budget minded 6.5creedmoor.

howa 1500 action

B&C stock

need a scope.

cant decide between swfa 3-15 ffp or a swfa fixed 10x hd
>>
>>29576490
keep sks , get summer job delivering pizza , buy ak .

have 2 x39 guns
>>
>>29578195
I will be working this summer at a position that pays around $12-15 an hour (busser). I'll get the WASR. I may need to sell the SKS eventually, I plan on getting a carry gun in the near future too. I'll just go ahead and pull the trigger this summer on it. If shit happens I'll be thankful, if I can't keep it then value shouldn't be hurt too much since gun value doesn't tend to go down unless you've run thousands of rounds through them and it shows.
>>
File: Matt_emmons_otc_selection_2014.jpg (188 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
Matt_emmons_otc_selection_2014.jpg
188 KB, 800x1200
>>29574722
that is a 22lr target rifle, for Olympic style 50m rifle shooting

that type of fore grip is forces you to hold like that, with your elbow resting on your hip to provide a more stable platform as you have bone on bone, and dont need to use your arm muscles as much to support and stabilize the gun

here is a more modern version. ( pcp in this case not 22LR0
>>
>>29576490
Keep the SKS. Never EVER sell any longarm again, particularly one you like and do good work with and are accustomed to. Ever.
>>
>>29564125
>QTDDTOT General 2

What's the best way to condition my body to get used to my gear? My big pals vest was really wearing on me yesterday.
>>
File: 876TG9Y - Copy.jpg (736 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
876TG9Y - Copy.jpg
736 KB, 2560x1440
Anyone got any tips for repairing the original finish on this old mosinI

Short of refinishing the whole damn thing.

I don't really care about resale value. Just looking for the easiest most aesthetically pleasing way.
>>
>>29578291

I used to be a club for that, it was great. Well, okay, the youngins wit gunss worried me...
>>
>>29578363
Gotcha, I only sold the first Mauser because I didn't expect I would really enjoy shooting. It was a good shooter but I was looking for a novelty. I probably won't again.
>>
I am in Cattaraugus count NY, straight south of Buffalo basically. Right on the Pennsylvania border.

What is the nearest range that does machine gun rentals? Please tell me there's one closer than Pittsburgh. Price is no issue, WW2 era guns are preferable but I'll be happy with anything FA.
>>
File: BHP.jpg (65 KB, 1029x772) Image search: [Google]
BHP.jpg
65 KB, 1029x772
I just got this Hi-power, and the hammer drops to half cock when I drop the slide, but doesn't if I powerstroke it. I haven't fired it yet

What should I do?
>>
where 2 learn guns real good?
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
Should I buy a surplus Jew army Jericho? Heard some work well or near perfect, but heard some can be in shit shape. They normally go from 300-380.
>>
Gonna CC my CZ-83 IWB, where to buy holster?
>>
>>29579965
Doubt they have your model(didn't, checked) but look up something in a similar size as that.

http://www.desantisholster.com/

Also saw some of those for sale somewhere. Would you recommend those?
>>
should i buy a .380 cal pocket pistol or build a national match m16a4 clone for my next gun purchase
>>
>>29576490
are you aware of the shit shovel ak method
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 800x520
>>29579986
I say the .380, you looking for new or used/aesthetics? Saw they got CZ83 .380 on aimsurplus for 300.
>>
>>29580031
i already know which .380 i wana buy just couldnt decide if i should get an ar or pistol
going for a polymer witness pavona
>>
>>29580031
also the lack of available parts i desire heavily influenced my decision
>>
>>29580047
Did that get glitter bombed? A gold Schlager gun?
>>
>>29580063
the pavona line of firearms from tangfolio is originally marketed towards woman so the guns are small and polymer and girly but its a 13+1 .380 so fuck it
>>
>>29580062
What parts do you thing are unavailable for a CZ-83? You do realize that new manufacture 83s are hitting the market now?
>>
>>29580090
Wasn't referring to the cz83
>>
File: asdadasdas.jpg (83 KB, 778x547) Image search: [Google]
asdadasdas.jpg
83 KB, 778x547
would this still work as a home defense weapon. or would it just be tactical assault bruising?
>>
>>29568759
>>29568179
>>29566859
>>29569734
...now the real question, is it possible to download and mod the program to add in things you want to add?
>>
>>29578291
Oh thank you! This has been killing me, now I know. Again, thank you.
>>
>>29578383
Buy some shellac, heat it up, layer it on.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.