[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fieseler Fi 156 Storch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (142 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
142 KB, 1080x720
I think flying one of these planes would be pretty cool, but is it even possible to buy one in the US?
I see them for sale in Europe, but never here.
And the company that made the 75% scale of them got killed by the FAA.
>>
>>29563668
just buy fucking cessna and fuck off,
well it may not fit your swastika tatto on your forehead tho
>>
>>29563668
You could probably doll up a Piper J-3 Cub. They were opponents in war but the bodies are very similar
>>
>>29563734
The J-3 is similar but it doesn't have that super slow flight capability, nor does it have the beefy landing gear.
>>
File: 1186110155194.jpg (45 KB, 980x705) Image search: [Google]
1186110155194.jpg
45 KB, 980x705
>>29563707
>Don't like aircraft used by nations I don't like.
A ten year old, or just fresh from reddit?
You decide.
A Cessna is nothing like a Storch, it's like the difference between an ultralight and a 747.
>>
>>29563668
Did some research, apparently there are several Fi-156 75% scale replicas on the market, such as the Criquet Storch
(http://www.uflyit.com/storch_home.htm )
and the Slepcev Storch (http://storch-aviation.com/ ). Both are available as kits or pre-built aircraft from the sellers.
>>
>>29563973
That's what I was talking about, the Criquet Storch was banned and the company died, and Slepcev is based over in Serbia not the U.S.
>>
>>29563810
I really wish my Cessna 150 could fly like a Storch.
>>
>>29563763
How slow are we talking about?
>>
>>29564313
If you pointed one upwind and throtteled down you could fly backwards and maintain altitude.
>>
>>29563707
IT'S JUST A GOOD SOLID PLANE
>>
>>29564313
It could go as low as 25mph
>>
>>29563707
Reddit get out.

Fucking summer, can't we get one thread without some nu-male crying about
>git back to /pol/, my /k/ isn't racissss
>>
>>29563707
fuck off to reddit please
>>
I can't seem to find any for sale here.
>>
Wouldn't these be good bush planes
>>
>>29564610
I think it's a bit early for angry manchildren to start making summer /k/amp complaints.
>>
>>29563668
I looks like it would make one hell of a bush plane
>>
also a kitfox has a stall speed of 31 Mph plus its smaller and cheaper and the wings fold so it can fit in you garage and you can tow it to the air port (possible alternative)
>>
>>29563707
how the fuck are those aircraft at all similar other than the relative location of the wings. This is the stupidest fucking post I have read all day.
>>
>tfw kermit weeks is in part 2 of 3 of flying his storch on youtube and taking forever to actually get it off the damn runway

at least they are good videos otherwise
>>
Storch was great

Loved by everyone who got his hands on one, including the Allies.
>>
File: J29_F3_1000p.jpg (100 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
J29_F3_1000p.jpg
100 KB, 1000x750
>>29564587
Thats pretty damn good for a plane without stalling, was it a recon plane?
>>
>>29567140
Yea.
Just spotting stuff for artillery and shit too.

It was also the plane that saved Mussolini.
>>
>>29564404

This is actually true
>>
I remember flying one in formation with a bunch of ships in IL-2. Shit was pretty cool.

I don't understand why you wanna buy one though. There are many great STOL planes out there today, not to mention autogyros.
>>
>>29567575
>I don't understand why you wanna buy one though. There are many great STOL planes out there today, not to mention autogyros.
I'll give you a clue.
If it had the paint-job of the one in my pic he wouldn't give it the time of day.
>>
>>29567249
>It was also the plane that saved Mussolini.
You know, somehow I think he would have been better off if it hadn't
>>
>have a shed right by the water
>in norwegian fjords, so often calm water.
>outside of controlled airspace. so you can fly whenever the fuck you want.

fuck. now I want a floatplane Fieseler agian.
>>
>>29567598
>people with differing tastes than me are le nazi's

How's 6th grade? I know transitioning from elementary school to middle school can be stressful for kids your age.
>>
>>29563668
The Pazmany Stork might be your answer, but you have to build it from the ground up.
>>
How much would a repro cost
>>
>>29567575
It would be great for the ranch here being able to land it anywhere in the field.
>>
>>29565654
Yeah they are much closer to the storch, but they still don't have that amazing angle of attack. And the storch is sexy af.
>>
>>29568229
The people making the 75% scale were going to sell it for $88,000 and it came with all the features of the regular storch, but with better performance. Considering the only Storch I've seen for sale in the UK costs $650,000.
>>
What's the range of these
>>
>>29571765
With a full load of fuel it could go 600 miles.
>>
>>29566945
Glad to see someone in here watches Kermit, he needs to make alot more videos
>>
Hopefully an original one comes up for sale someday.
>>
The take off and landing requirements for these are amazing
>>
>>29567598
I get what you're saying, and I'm not the other guy in the thread, but I think the Storch is really cool and I wouldn't mind one of the French versions at all.

I'm about as far as it gets from a Nazi fanboy, since I'm half Jewish. I really like STOL planes and classic aircraft, though, so I think having a Storch would be awesome. I also find it appealing because it's one of the few military aircraft of WWII that would actually be somewhat practical and affordable to own.
>>
>>29574850
Good luck finding one though.
>>
>>29563668
There was one at an airport I used to fly out of, didn't know much about it other than the name though. I wish I could tell you if it was a restoration or a replica anon. Either way, an L-4 or maybe L-19 would essentially scratch the same forward observer itch, just not the nationality thing.
>>
>>29564404
Yeah but I've done the very same thing in my cessna 150. That all depends on the wind.
>>
>>29576047
The 150 stalls at like 48 in VsO though.
>>
So I did find one of these.
http://www.platinumfighters.com/#!sm1019/c17he
>>
>>29569362
yeah Storch is hard to beat I'm planning on moving to Alaska when I get done with college (welding) and I want to get my Pilots license and a kitfox for bush piloting around maybe commuting to and from work fuckers only cost like 6-7 dollars per flight hour
>>
A friend of mine used to own a fiessler storch.
He sold it about 20 years ago. And deeply regrets it.
It's still flying around the states. I'll have to ask him what the N - number was.
>>
>>29578295
They are hard to find here.
>>
Can't you buy one overseas then bring it here
>>
>>29580463
I'm sure you could but I don't know what getting the plane US ready involves. I know Yaks come into the US and are generally coverted from their russian style systems.
>>
File: image.jpg (641 KB, 1800x1288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
641 KB, 1800x1288
I want to get my hands on an O-1 and keep it in 'Nam colors, fake marking rockets and all. It's a pretty sexy little plane, and I figure even a regular Joe could afford to own and operate one, unlike, say a T-6 (my other dream plane). I dream of flying it off my own little airstrip on my own land. What does /k/ think?
>>
>>29584041
They are sexy planes, but people want a lot for them. Your looking at maybe $100,000 for one. As for operation costs, its pretty cheap. I usually run no ethanol pump gas in my planes which is cheaper than 100LL.
>>
What are some other /k/ civie planes
>>
File: Lysander_5_Aug_2012_a.jpg (274 KB, 1712x1385) Image search: [Google]
Lysander_5_Aug_2012_a.jpg
274 KB, 1712x1385
>>
>>29563763
>The J-3 is similar but it doesn't have that super slow flight capability
Some J-3s have been VSTOL equipped.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.