[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pocket pistols
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_20160410_181230.jpg (2 MB, 1901x1372) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160410_181230.jpg
2 MB, 1901x1372
/k/illers, it's getting hot as fuck down here in the great terrible swamps of the southeast. pictured is my edc. I'm thinking about picking up a pocket pistol.

Maybe lc9? nano?

anyone have experience(lol), advice, or stories?
>>
File: 14.jpg (190 KB, 1000x855) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
190 KB, 1000x855
>>
>>29561133
That's a funny looking pocket pistol.
>>
>>29561346
>>29561108
what is wrong with your EDC? Is is printing with just 1 shirt on?
If it's just hot as fuck because that slab of neoprene is making the side of your body a sweat puddle, then >>29561133 is an option for better ventilation. Or just a single clip IWB holster will lessen the effects of heat build up.
>>
>>29561133
What is this holster? I use an Aliengear cloaktuck and it can get a little sweaty if i wear tighter pants, but it can also conceal my full size 1911 in pants and a T shirt pretty easily.

That being said, it's still fucking winter in ND so I haven't had a chance to carry in the summer yet
>>
>>29561481
Stealthgear's Onyx
There isn't much talk on here about it because it's $99, so shit's pretty expensive.
I personally just went with a kydex single clip and a good belt.
>>
I like a S&W 638 or 642 in a minimalist Phlster iwb holster.
>>
File: stealthgearp320sc.jpg (4 MB, 2246x1898) Image search: [Google]
stealthgearp320sc.jpg
4 MB, 2246x1898
>>29561133
This. Drop the pos alien gear and get a proper holster.
>>
OP here,

No problems with the cloaktuck. I'm just interested in an actual pocket pistol. to carry in my pocket. during the summer I generally wear shorts and a tshirt. it might be nice to be able to run out to the packie real quick without strapping on a full belt.
>>
Also, the XD is my smallest pistol. I only own other full sized. I have zero experience with single stacks, or tiny subcompacts.

It's not intuitive for me.
>>
>>29561698
I've owned/own:

Lc9s
PPS
XDS
CM9
LCP
Shield

If you want any info on them, I'll try to answer as best I can. I think they're all too big for pocket carry, but I wear slim fit jeans and absolutely no cargo shorts/pants. I carry the lcp the most in the summer, but I'm not afraid to carry my P320sc any time of year because the stealth gear holster is so comfy and breathable.
>>
>>29562570
I, based on mostly nothing like the lc9. my only experience with ruger is a. 357.

I'm 6'5" so I should be able to pocket the lc9. but how did you like the lcp?

I'm no ammo meme guy. but I've never really considered. 380. I shall actually go do a bit of research.
>>
File: 20151101_134655-1-1.jpg (1 MB, 1362x1502) Image search: [Google]
20151101_134655-1-1.jpg
1 MB, 1362x1502
>>29562961
I'm assuming your hands are big too, mine are pretty average sized and the lcp was a real pain in the ass to shoot, but with the Hogue grip sleeve made for the lcp, it made it a lot easier and somewhat enjoyable. I should note that I bought the custom model which has a slightly improved trigger over the stock trigger. I can consistently hit around the bullseye at 7 yards. Pic related
>>
>>29562961
And for the lc9s, I love the trigger, hate the gun. Grip is too thin, makes felt recoil very heavy when compared to similar sized guns. Plus the stock sights suck. But it would make a good pocket gun, it is super light and thin.
>>
>>29562961
As for .380 self defense ammo...

https://youtu.be/LczfeWK9lHw
>>
File: image.png (641 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
641 KB, 750x750
Unless your typical clothing is 5.11 Autism Pants or you just don't know how to dress yourself and still wear "relaxed fit" jeans, you aren't going to pocket carry anything larger than a Sig 938

If you want an actual "pocket" gun

Sig 9/238
Ruger LCP/LCR (LCR is borderline for a pants pocket)

However, you may want to give a different style IWB holster a try if you are anything like me who carries, in addition to my LCP

Phone front left pocket
Wallet front right pocket
Flashlight clipped to right side of front right pocket
Knife clipped to right side of back right pocket

(Back pockets other than knife empty because bad back at 23 don't ask me how)

I wouldn't pocket carry even with holster with anything else in pocket.

I use a KRounds appendix holster for my LCP.
>>
File: unnamed-(3).jpg (442 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-(3).jpg
442 KB, 1280x960
>>29561133
ayy nigga
>>
>>29563755
Also, before you decide on "pocket carry"

This is something you'll obviously do before going out for the first time... But try it out. I find that I am pretty slow to draw unless my hand is already on the gun. So if you're having a bad feeling about something already gripping the pistol, then whatever more power to you. In a surprise event, I am more comfortable drawing from IWB. Obviously, more practice would make me quicker, along with wearing slightly looser pants... But still. I think it sounds more practical than it actually is in practice.
>>
A lot of good info in here.

I'll hit the lgs up tomorrow or so.

To answer some questions. I'm not looking to replace my XD. the other night I went out to the corner store just a few blocks away. but I was just wearing and undershirt and gym shorts. I try to make a point to never leave the house without my gun. I figure if I carry it because I seriously think I could need it, I should carry all the time. but I didn't want to change clothes just to drive 5 minutes away to buy a drink. so it got me thinking of pocket guns. also, I don't prefer to iwb in a suit. because I like to take my jacket off. so pocket would help there too.
>>
>>29564211
There's a belt clip that attaches to the frame of the lcp, I use it to gym short carry.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.