[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nofun Europe here, not many people have guns here and most criminals
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
Nofun Europe here, not many people have guns here and most criminals use knifes/baseball bat. Would this actually work as close quarter defense weapons, or is it too autistic?

Gladius Machete and a rectangular shield.
>>
File: ULF-SD-01b.jpg (200 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
ULF-SD-01b.jpg
200 KB, 500x700
>>29559329
>>
I'm kind of against using bladed weapons for home defense. It's easier to prove intent to seriously injure or kill someone if you're using a bladed weapon. An expandable baton or bat is better. Plus if you're in Europe you have to by law hide in a closet and hope the attacker doesn't find you or else you can get thrown in jail
>>
Keep it when shtf.
>>
>>29559360
It's for intimidation and when he still attacks with a knife or something then i rather want to attack him and go to jail for it, then letting him paralyze me or rape my wife.
>>
>>29559360
This
>>
The coldsteel Gladius is fine for hunting and having some cutting fun, but i dont think blunt weapons are good for home defense. If there is a threat you should try to build up a distance to it, blunt weapons force you to get close.
Get yourself some form of firearm, even if its just a musket
>>
>>29559360
The best defense is to mug your robber so that you'er a criminal in the process, and hence not liable.
>>
Buy a dog or something, but bladed weapons are a stup idea
>>
>>29559329
No it would not work. You will stab yourself with the shield and the gladius will rip you up and make you fall. What the fuck do you think?
>>
File: bayonet.jpg (7 KB, 425x240) Image search: [Google]
bayonet.jpg
7 KB, 425x240
>>29559329

I seriously recommend blunt weapons instead.

If you MUST use a current production blade, don't buy cheap. Sub $250-$300 blades are usually junk.
>>
>>29559329
No room for shield indoors. Gladius is small enough to work well in close quarters. Smallsword replaced rapier when cities got crowded for same reason. Go high for jugular, low for femoral, or low and up for heart. Avoid rib area, evolution didn't put them in for show.
>>
I know /k/ dont like skall, but maybe that could be interesting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxfkx4FD4zk&nohtml5=False
>>
>>29559329
>or is it too autistic?

I do historical reenactment, study HEMA, and work as a bladesmith.

and even I think that's pretty fucking autistic.
>>
Gladi's are cool, but no.
Using a sword in 2016 is beyond autistic
>>
>>29559329
>not many people have guns here

Because they don't care.
But why don't you? You hang around on /k/ and obviously you're in the market for a weapon.

You're either...
[ ] - too lazy to go jump through some hoops or
[ ] - too impatient, if it can't be bought online and shipped to your doorstep in under a week, it's not for you or
[ ] - not dedicated enough to actually set money aside for guns instead of weed / booze / new iShit
...and so you'll mention "noguns yurop" as if that's an excuse, and go looking for easier, cheaper and completely fucking retarded solutions to your problem instead.
>>
>>29559596
In manny european countries you have to hunt or take part at competitions on a regular basis.
Manny people dont have the time to that next to job and perhaps family or arent willing to dedicate all their free time to one thing
>>
Just buy blackpowder gun.
>>
>>29559664
>dont have the time
>arent willing to dedicate all their free time to one thing

So basically token requirements where you have to show up somewhere once or twice a year to get a paper signed.
If that's what it takes to discourage you from firearm ownership, then no wonder it's so easy to keep you disarmed.
Good luck against Muhammad with that gladius of yours.
>>
File: De53m.gif (954 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
De53m.gif
954 KB, 400x225
>>29559596
>>29559767
you tell him sister !
>>
>>29559329
Yeah no, im not going to spend my life on things i dont like doing just so i can have a gun.
>>
>>29559329
>Hey there fella why not own a melee weapon that is within your price range that is decent to good
>Axes
>Maces
Check your locality for blackmsiths
>For example arms and armor in USA
>Wulflund in CZ
>>
>>29559880
was for >>29559767
>>
File: 20120604_193116.jpg (1014 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20120604_193116.jpg
1014 KB, 2560x1920
>>29559329
Philippines here.

Once chased a housebreaker with this thing. Fucker was so scared he up the rusty barbed wire behind our house. Fun times.

Burglars, and other night invaders generally expect no resistance and back off with the intimidation factor that a large knife carries with it.

As for autism, its not really the case in the Philippines since a lot of people have traditional knives like these for gardening/agricultural usage.
>>
>>29559329
Sounds like a stupid idea.
I have that gladius and use it for boar hunting, but for self defense...i dont know m8
>>
>>29559880
>>29559886
>this is all it takes to disarm a nation

People like you are the entire reason Europe is fucked.
You're the reason EK can actually propose shit like mag registration, gun liability insurance and a blanket semiauto ban without getting laughed out of office.
>>
>>29559329

There's a reason rome chose those specific weapons. The large curved shield protects you completely and you can stab out without them being able to touch you. And stabs are far more deadly than slashes or blunt weapons so a single good stab will end them.

I say go for it.
>>
>>29559444
Genius
>>
>>29559994

No europe is fucked because we never had weapons or crime to begin with so they could take the few that existed away and tell everyone that it's better now.

It's like v for vendetta strategies. You make up problems that don't exist and then solve them in exchange for absolute power.
>>
>>29560133
Iirc the UK used to be the country with the most guns of the entire world like 150 years ago, followed by germany.
>>
>>29559360
We really overdid it with the "value of human life" thing here in Europe.
It's ridiculous that you are not allowed to defend yourself against an invader with force.
>>
>>29560162

That was probably true, but they moved slowly over the decades to erase that and now all hope is lost. There will never be a civil war, there will never be freedom. The people are too far gone.
>>
>>29560133
>we never had weapons to begin with
Blatantly false. Firearms were common and easy to acquire pre-WWII.

>we never had crime to begin with
Only a coddled yuppie could ever say something this stupid.

No, Europe is fucked because all it takes to strip people of their freedoms is a little bit of inconvenience.
If you wanted to take the freedom of speech and voting rights from 90% of the people, all it would take would be a 2€ fee that needs to be mailed from the post office to keep these.
>>
>>29559329

>Europe
>baseball bat

wat?
>>
>>29560257
Its sold as faggot bat of understanding and tolerance here
>>
>>29559596
It's good to have people like you fighting for gun rights, it's not like i will never get a license, but for now it's too expensive for me, i may start it next year.
>>
>>29560245
>little bit of inconvenience
If you're settling for "a little bit of inconvenience", you've already been stripped of your freedoms.

As soon as firearms become a conditional privilege rather than an absolute right, then they can be taken away at the stroke of a pen. You're just supporting their little game at this point.
>>
>>29560547
>As soon as firearms become a conditional privilege rather than an absolute right
>...you've already been stripped of your freedoms

Firearms have never been an absolute right here, you can't compare our situation to the US where a constitution guarantees firearm ownership.
Also with that logic, the same has already been done to you, last time I checked the 2ndA doesn't say anything about paying $200 and saying "pretty please" if you want to have a stock on a sub 16" rifle, or about certain firearms needing a certain number of domestically manufactured parts, or about foregrips on pistols, or...

Anyway, I'm grudgingly satisfied with the law here making it basically impossible for a mentally sound non-felon to be denied firearm ownership. Sure, there's a lot of room for improvement, but with people like >>29559880 we can hardly even hope to keep the rights we already have.
>>
>>29560245

So about 100 years ago. At this point we might as well talk about how everyone owned spears not that long ago.

Not all of us live in a shithole like you do, we've never really had organised crime in the same way America does.
>>
>>29559411
He's in europe dude this isn't an option there.
>>
>>29560719
>last time I checked the 2ndA doesn't say anything about paying $200 and saying "pretty please" if you want to have a stock on a sub 16" rifle, or about certain firearms needing a certain number of domestically manufactured parts, or about foregrips on pistols, or...
You're correct, it's unconstitutional, but the anti-gunners can only go so far. As much as they love to, they could never outright ban guns because they're recognized as a right.

You speak of how "the law [in the Czech Republic] makes it basically impossible for a mentally sound non-felon to be denied firearm ownership", but that's not true, because your "rights" are contingent on the current attitudes of your leadership and the populace. They are conditional, and this means one generation is all it takes for a new Prime Minister to decide "lol jk guns are fer fags". In your country it is not illegal to ban guns, and banning guns would not default start WWIII as it would in America.

That's the difference between an absolute right and a privilege, so you should be fighting for the former rather than accepting the latter as the status quo.
>>
File: 1413906423588.jpg (27 KB, 254x300) Image search: [Google]
1413906423588.jpg
27 KB, 254x300
>>29559329
>>
>>29560872
>start WWIII
Holy shit, you're full of yourself. For a start, who the fuck in the rest of the world would care?
Also, how long do you think it would really last? Like, a few dozen armed risings that are immediately put down by the NG and Army.
>>
>>29560990
Really Pavel? Are you that naive?

Banning guns would immediately start an American civil war. There's 100% chance of that happening. In that case, you can be assured of WWIII.
>global currency completely destabled
>global trade dead
>world wide economic depression
>global communications are fucked
>global power balance flipped 180
>massive power vacuum the likes of which has never been seen
>>
>>29560777
>we never had weapons to begin with
>uhhhh more than 80 years ago doesn't count!

>we never had crime to begin with
>uhhhh only in shitholes (i.e. outside of my upper middle class, all-white neighborhood) and anyway, America has it worse!

It's fascinating to watch the goalposts move all on their own.

>>29560872
>so you should be fighting for the former rather than accepting the latter as the status quo

Pick your battles, friend. Pick your battles.
Last time we tried to gather support against an EK proposal that was talking about blanket semi auto ban accompanied by confiscation without compensation, do you know how many people did the absolute fucking minimum, i.e. signed an internet petition, giving up roughly 30 seconds of their time to display their disapproval of an EU-wide law that would take a big, smelly dump on the very concept of private ownership?
A bit over 300k people over the course of five months, despite probably the heaviest promotion any movement like this has received so far. That is less than 0,06% of the EU population. You can't seriously think we would look like anything but raving lunatics if we proposed an equivalent of the 2ndA to be added to the UDHR.
>>
File: 1456090644189.jpg (80 KB, 640x539) Image search: [Google]
1456090644189.jpg
80 KB, 640x539
>>29559329
We can buy these in the UK?

>country of origin
>South Africa
Blessed be the Saffers.
>>
>>29561099
My bad man, I thought this guy >>29560990 was you for a second. Anyway ...

>Pick your battles, friend. Pick your battles.
Personally, I'd say the best thing you could do at this point is leave the EU. You should have never given up your independence for their shekels, and you don't want to be dragged down with them. I think a lot of the negative influence on your country now (including guns) is directly due to the EU. Maybe if you can accomplish that, getting your own 2A won't be that big of hurdle.
>>
>>29561233

Unfortunately, that would be economical suicide right now and the word "independence" has not a whole lot of meaning for a country of our format. We'd just fall right into Russia/China's lap... Russia in particular is definitely trying very hard to take advantage of the situation and present themselves as a savior from everything the eurosceptics have grown to hate. Depressingly enough, it seems to work. People forget the bad things way too easily.
>>
>>29561391
EU just need to be replaced with a proper trade union thing, like they used to be. they have over stepped the boundries of their pupose, and are trying to form some pseudo EU state shit. basically making the united states of europe.
>having EU forces
>making decisions on security and defence issues
>controlling the currency
etcetcetc

EU needs to be kicked down alot of steps and become a union that are only concerned with trade nothing more nothing less
>>
>>29559596
in many euro countries you have to keep ammo and guns locked up separately, not ideal in a self-defense scenario
>>
>>29561680
>they have over stepped the boundries of their pupose

Yeah, that's the gist of it. It's also an understatement of the century.

>>29561746

As long as cops don't like to go on unannounced night visits to check up on your storage conditions where you live, I'd say fuck it.
Trying to convince the court you didn't have the gun and mag out at the moment of the break in sure beats having your head bashed in by a gypsy youth sky high on crystal meth.
>>
File: riot.jpg (40 KB, 880x720) Image search: [Google]
riot.jpg
40 KB, 880x720
>>29559329
Can't be that bad if police also use it. I would use a baton though.
>>
It's a fucking sword. Of course it works for CQC, as long as your assailant does not know how to use a knife or bat. Even then you've got the size advantage, and the psychological advantage given that you have a FUCKING SWORD. It is Europe, I would have thought half the population already had fucking swords.

And if you haven't caught on by now, I love fucking swords man.
>>
>>29563449
I wouldn't trust a baton, I would use something heavier like a big flashlight or a t ball bat
>>
>>29559932
>Cold Steel Gladius Machete
>boar hunting

Elaborate pls. Is the damn $50 machete-sword-thing good enough to use for that? Do you skin them with it? How sharp is it? Durability/edge-holding? I kinda want one myself but not sure if it's worth wasting $50 I could be saving for a real sword because I am NEET.
>>
>>29559329
>Would this actually work as close quarter defense weapons
Nigger, Rome conquered 1/4th the known world with that. Of course it fucking works for close quarter defense.
>>
>>29563985
This.

Combine that with a small shield like OP mentioned and even if your attacker has a bat, knife, or any other melee weapon, you're pretty much guaranteed a winrar.
>>
>>29561160
I doubt you could buy a stick in the UK without a government permit and RFID injected into your nutsack.
>>
>>29559329
It should be noted the gladius machete is a machete, not a sword

It won't stab or chop as well as a sword because it is thinner
>>
>>29559329
Yeah it works...in the full on collapse Britain is likely to see might I suggest a brush axe?
>>
>>29564129
You might get one or two swings on that thing at a distance, but then you're screwed.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.