[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is that tan thing? I see it on a bunch of rifles but have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3508x3508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3508x3508
What is that tan thing?

I see it on a bunch of rifles but have no clue what it does.
>>
>>29559083
famas
>>
Laser for air strikes?

Honestly no idea
>>
The knot
>>
pec15 laser breh
>>
>>29559083
what are you fuckin gay?

it shoots lasers you faggot
>>
>>29559083
On the chance that this isn't a troll. It's a laser. For use in IR mode for night fighting mostly.
>>
>>29559083
Peq 15.

Is a lazer and ive seen it being a flashlight too, sometimes.
>>
>>29559083
laser pointer, probably does regular/IR laser plus regular/IR flashlight
>>
File: 1457098878956.jpg (36 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1457098878956.jpg
36 KB, 512x384
>>29559105
underrated post
>>
AN/PEQ 15. Used as a flashlight/laser, Infared optional.
>>
>>29559286
That thing is such shit as a flashlight. I wish I'd had a PEQ-16. Those light look actually functional.
>>
>>29559083
Damn, dude, You don't know what a fucking PEQ is? LOL
>>
>>29559339
don't be a dick. this isn't /b/.
>>
>>29559083
It's a PEQ-15

It has an IR illuminator, IR laser, and visible laser all in one. They are standard issue for most NODs equipped special forces.One of the most attractive features of the PEQ over some other IR lasers is the fact that the visible and IR lasers are slaved. This makes zeroing a lot simpler.

Until recently you would have to go through a private sale for a stolen, er I mean, "fell off a truck" PEQ from a base due to their higher laser class rating making them iffy for sale to civilians. This drove their prices up extremely high for what they are, into the $2300+ range. Luckily, L3/Insight released the ATPIAL-C model which has a lower power laser and it specifically designed for civilian sale while still looking the same. This model sells for around $1300.

Generally, the PEQ is considered the "cool guy" IR laser on the market due to its use by special forces.
>>
>>29559437
>Generally, the PEQ-15 is considered the "cool guy" IR laser on the market due to its use by special forces.
>Muh special forces

It's sorta the standard combat arms illumination. I saw more people with a PEQ-15 than any other IR device, and that was almost 5 years ago.

It's weird what civilians will latch onto as "coolguy".
>>
>>29559409
Sorry man just breaking your balls
>>
>>29559437
thank you L3 for wanting to make that money directly
figured hey why are we letting these grunt fucks make all that loot when we can undercut them?
>>
>>29559503
It's just like anything associated with the special forces. You know how it is. If there's a pic of some guys in one mission with one random thing people want it.

Like how people still buy EOTech XPS series sights and Elcans just because they are seen on MK18 rifles in pictures sometimes.
>>
>>29559564
or UCP because the army uses it
>>
>>29559584
You mean the Multicam craze of 2011-2014.

LOOK AT THE SEALS USING IT, I NEED LITERALLY EVERY PIECE OF GEAR IN IT!

It's a nice pattern but those people that legitimately dress head to toe in it and are just playing dress up are just sad lmao.
>>
>>29559609
at least Multicam works in its own right
UCP is bought solely because the army uses it
>>
>>29559619
Thank god for Scorpion W2
>>
File: CocaCola.jpg (57 KB, 800x548) Image search: [Google]
CocaCola.jpg
57 KB, 800x548
>>29559339
>Damn dude, you don't know what Claytonia perfoliata is?

Look how easy it is to seem intelligent while making someone else feel stupid.

Exactly the type of behavior I expect from an AR owner: elitist, rude and uses capital "LOL"
>>
>>29559564
I like elcans though. They're way too fucking expensive for me to justify buying one, but I like them
>>
>>29559731
Their weight and price puts them right into the waste bin honestly.

With the advance in variable power illuminated optics there's really no reason to get an Elcan besides clone builds.
>>
>>29559731
His point I think, and mine is that if you like a piece of gear and find it useful, it makes sense to buy it. But there is a lot of hero worship for the military/Special Operations which kind of puts them on a pedestal. People will blindly follow what gear they see in a random picture of an SF guy without understanding the context of the picture.
>>
>>29559680
Fuck man, it was a comment. Cut me some slack.
>>
>>29559731
External adjustments are shit and the mounts they use are garbage.
>>
>>29559437
PEQ-2 is true TRUE aesthetic, only real hardcore operators have one.
>>
lolwut, pic literally says exactly what it is and points you directly to the two eye pieces. It's kind of annoying how the eye pieces are different height, but it all makes sense when you put your eyes up to them and turn it on.
>>
>>29559083
Battery box for a front-wired AEG
>>
>>29559680
Oh man I feel completely blasted in the assular region. I was just trying to help OP do some work on his own. Sorry.
>>
File: 1435379189529.jpg (1 MB, 1751x2000) Image search: [Google]
1435379189529.jpg
1 MB, 1751x2000
>>29559083
It's a battery box. Obviously airshit.
>>
Honestly it's a useless piece of gear for the most part, the only time we used them was during a night Fire excercise, and the odd rare occasion on deployment
>>
>>29561572

>"I don't own night vision"
>the post
>>
>>29559762
>People will blindly follow what gear they see in a random picture of an SF guy without understanding the context of the picture.
Or even doing their own testing.

I don't know if you noticed, but after the EoTech disaster, people blindly following the special forces has decreased.
>>
>>29561572
Stupid fucking post right here
>>
>>29559409
this is the same place that brutally makes fun of airsofters and despises niggers while being freakishly obsessed with anime and undertale

we are not /b/, we are practically /pol/
>>
>>29559680
It fucking infuriates me that people have zero fucking clue how to do any basic bitch research on their own by using Google. They would've been functional retards back in the day when you actually had to use a library.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.