[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Captive spring for AR?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 500x313
Anyone had experience with alternative springs for the AR buffer? Any word on them? Not seeing a lot online and excuses to hear first hand stuff from /k/ never gets old to me. I'm wondering are they worth getting?
If I have a .300 blackout suppressed, more so or less so worth it?

Pic related.
>>
>>29555877
Forgot to mention: that's a JP enterprises captured silent spring.
https://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPSCS2-15
>>
I love my JP

I hate the scraping spring sound and that's about the only reason I bought one
That said, it's supposed to help with recoil, bolt bounce, and a myriad of other things, but it's not why I bought mine
>>
>>29555877
>If I have a .300 blackout suppressed

Interesting thing about them is that you can change out the rings for tungsten ones
You could find a balance that still functions when unsuppressed, but reduces recoil when it is
>>
>>29555897
What do you have it on?
>>
>>29555907
I was going to (confusedly) answer an AR, but I'm guessing you want specs

16 inch midlength 5.56
>>
>>29555912
Yep, wasn't sure if SBR or anything additional. Worth the price?
>>
>>29555917
to me it was
I don't have a regular buffer to drop in to compare it to, so as far as performance goes, I don't know

I really fucking hate the scraping noise when I shoot
>>
>>29555877
army fag here, I've never shot with one, but I've been told it feels diff when you fire because of the diff in the mass of a traditional buffer
>>
I hate that spring sound...
I wonder how well these work with a 10.5"
>>
File: 075815122131lg[1].jpg (15 KB, 276x276) Image search: [Google]
075815122131lg[1].jpg
15 KB, 276x276
>>29555877
Would it be possible to simply wrap a conventional spring in heat-shrink tubing or dip it in pic related if the goal is to just make it quieter?
>>
File: WP_20160212_005.jpg (669 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160212_005.jpg
669 KB, 1920x1080
I'd consider putting one into the carbine. I've never minded the sproing all that much though.
>>
>>29556441
It makes the bolt feel like its on ball bearings or rollers. Its a really smooth action and the spring sound is nearly eliminated.

But you'll have to make the decision to spend $140 to make a rifle action a little quieter. There is no measurable performance difference.
>>
>>29557581
Wouldnt that wear off and gum everything up?
>>
>>29555877

The kynshot hydraulic recoil buffer is amazing.
>>
>>29557731
I've never applied that particular brand of stuff to tools so I can't speak for how durable it is, however I own tools that are coated with similar plastic stuff that are upwards of 30 years old.
>>
>>29556480
no different from any other AR barrel length

>>29557581
it would scrape off I would bet

>>29557611
>carbine gas
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.