[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Those who survive combat or war, are those who, in a bid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: rusky.jpg (92 KB, 730x673) Image search: [Google]
rusky.jpg
92 KB, 730x673
"Those who survive combat or war, are those who, in a bid for survival, did things that made them lose their minds. They were forced into situations where they committed an act so vile or saw things that made them stare into reality so nakedly, that their entire preconceived notions of the universe, god, destiny, justice or whatever, were completely shattered. PTSD and suicides are only a few of the victims. They act quite normally, but the others keep things deep down inside of them where they rarely see the light of day. These are things they think about when they tuck in their children at night, when they pet their animals, when they kiss their spouses. These are thought-patterns that could be engraved within an individual for a life-time, a perpetual cycle of war and everyday forever"

Got real stoned, and started thinking about this shit.

Is it really that bad bros?

To the guys who have done or seen some shit, how has it impacted you to this very moment? Has it really changed your perceptions as well as your character?

also inb4 dude weed fags
>>
>>29555398
served two tours with the usmc in iraq back in 07 to 09, stop doing drugs and more so stop being a fucking pussyclown
>>
>>29555398
life is short, and can end anytime without your own hands to blame.
>>
>>29555449

Good for you. thanks for not answering my question.

Oh and its a free country buddy, I think thats one of the reasons real men grab rifles, unlike you who grabbed it because your only option after highschool was to suck cock or clean toilets at Del Taco.
>>
>>29555469
at least he got to serve, y'know what's more embarrassing than turning to the forces as a last resort? Being rejected by the forces as your dream job.
>>
File: marineiniraq.jpg (115 KB, 859x592) Image search: [Google]
marineiniraq.jpg
115 KB, 859x592
>>29555469
>unlike you who grabbed it because your only option after highschool was to suck cock or clean toilets at Del Taco.

Well, I was going to answer your OP question, but instead, here's a hefty "FUCK YOU".

t. US Army, Iraq War Veteran

SAGE
>>
>>29556799
You sound like an entitled fuck wad.
Also thank you for your cervix
>>
>>29555398
Don't forget the idiots who don't understand what they're doing and the guys who genuinely don't care.
>>
I used to work with this guy who'd been a PMC.
Said he once had to shoot a guy not ten feet away from him.
He still remembers exactly how that dude looked like. Better than he remembers how his own son looks like.
>>
>>29555398
Violence death and conflict is a biologically normal experience for a homo sapiens. Historicly, a male that has never faced a life threatening situation involving the need to kill or be killed is the strange one. A fleeting product of the relative peace of recent decades.
>>
While I don't doubt that much of this is true, I also wonder if the kind of people who come back from war and write a bunch of depressing books are people that weren't really suited for combat in the first place.
>>
>>29556888
While most of those that write glorious books about combat and war were rear echelons like Heinlein. Makes you think huh?
>>
>>29555398
After 2 tours in Iraq, only one incident haunts me:
Clearing a house suspected of hiding weapons we where fired at upon breaching the door. We backed off around a couple trucks and returned fire, including a few grenades.
When all was quiet we went in and found one asshole with an AK, a woman, and 3 little kids - all dead.
I try to blame the asshole, but still . . .
>>
>>29555398
>lose their minds

What a stupid fucking quote from an oblivious actor.
>>
>needing to get stoned to have deep thoughts
You're not very bright, I'm assuming. Before you try and make a witty comeback, yes it is that bad.

Your tiny stoned mind can't comprehend it because you spend your time in a rut like every other civilian, like me.
>>
>>29556972
It's the assholes fault. When you learn that mafia wants to kill you you send your wife and kids away. Normal people put their women and children out of harms way. Arab ''men'' do the opposite. Getting killed to save your killers family? No thanks.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.