[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meme gun or legit firearm?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 1200x377) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 1200x377
Meme gun or legit firearm?
>>
Fuck off to /b/ with your meme shit.
>>
>>29555062
I mean it works
>>
>>29555073
Guilty as /b/tard

Still though, I want to know if it's an overused piece of shit or it lives up to all it's cracked up to be.
>>
>>29555075
If by "it works" you mean it shoots bullets, then you've done it again Sherlock.
But how well does it work? Is it accurate? Is the round it fires powerful compared to today's standards? Is it reliable? How easy is it to load an internal magazine?
I want a fair fight here, not just Mosin fanboys and haters flinging shit at each other.
>>
>>29555141
whoops didn't mean to trip that
>>
>>29555141
Reliability/durability, accuracy with iron sights, customizable/not, ammunition availability, feasibility for SHTF, etc.
>>
>>29555145
The fuck happened to >>29555141?
>>
>>29555153
Durable, mediocre accurate, you can customize any gun but please don't bubba it man, last I checked ammo is common, depends what shit, not exactly a conceal carry type fucker
>>29555160
I accidentally put a tripcode I only use when it's relevant on it because I'm not a gay as tripfag
>>
>>29555169
>>29555160
also there was a reason that time, you asked
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2M1hC4c0tc&spfreload=10
>>
File: NUBILE_DIGGER.png (91 KB, 280x254) Image search: [Google]
NUBILE_DIGGER.png
91 KB, 280x254
>>29555133
>Legit firearm
You've acknowledged that it will shoot bullets

>Meme gun
The fact that you know about it specifically would indicate that you've encountered some information about it, probably in the form of some sort of joke, which would meet the basic requirements of a meme

So...both?
>>
>>29555169
Don't wanna come off as one of those guys, but let's assume zombies.
Is it louder than your average AR? Can it be fired fast enough (with practice of course) to eliminate multiple threats quickly? It's definitely no M4 carbine in terms of firerate of course but can you still take out hordes of, well, human-like threats with ease or are you pretty much fucked?
If not zambies, what about EMP? Nukes? Country falls apart?
>>
>>29555062

If the barrel is in good condition, it's still legit. 100+ years later, 54r is still a caliber that will fuck shit up.
>>
>>29555195
In all of those scenarios any weapon is better than none, but it will be FAR less important than the person wielding it.
>>
>>29555198
>54r is still a caliber that will fuck shit up.
Yeah like the shooter.
Also sexts
>>
>>29555195
AR because you can shoot it faster
Can fire further than AR from my experience so is good to be used as an improvised sniper (it was used as a sniper during WW2 and a cheap sniper in cold war conflicts)
EMP shouldn't effect guns, they aren't fucking electric
Guns will be the least of your problems, good luck with water and food that isn't irradiated if you survive the blast
should work well enough in case of a collapse but if you are on your own you are fucked
>>
>>29555217
EMP, I meant because other shit might start happening, like say country collapse because no electronics. Self-defense, possibly hunting in that situation. Was wondering if it fell under those categories.
>>29555189
I can't argue with that logic, but you know what I meant.
>>29555180
2/5, not shit but not good. Also that bolt doesn't look easy to cycle.
>>
>>29555240
If there was an EMP you shouldn't be that effected unless you are third world. Your shit will be fixed quick.
I'm assuming you mean Solar EMPs in which case your phone and shit should still work, the only stuff that will be broken is the power grid which will be fixed in weeks.
>>
>>29555062
What do you want out of it? It's a fighting rifle, not a precision rifle, but it's bolt action.
It means you have the disadvantage at close range vs an assault rifle and you have the disadvantage long range vs a scoped rifle.
But still, it puts lead (or steel) down range and you'll be able to hit a man from 0 to 300-400 yards with irons if you know how to use them.

It's a good rifle to learn how to be a rifleman, it teaches you how to shoulder properly, how to aim properly and how to use a sling.
Read "The Art of the Rofle" by Cooper and shoot your mosin.

Or you could just buy a K31 and have the same shit but better.
>>
>>29555240
I mean, it is both.

It's a perfectly respectable firearm and it's a lot more effective than just throwing boolits at someone

but

it's old which means that it's got a lot of history (good and bad)

It's better than nothing, and its main draw is that they made 50 quintillion of them so they're relatively cheap. A modern rifle will out perform it most of the time (that's why we don't still use rifles like this), but you'll pay for the difference.
>>
>>29555240
but if you are asking bang for buck, it's spectacular for the moment. The prices are rising but it's still cheap and shoots well enough.
>>
>>29555251
US fag here, but I live in a desert in a town small enough to still be considered a town but not small enough to be a truck stop. Shit goes slow here, I actually doubt that we'd get the power grid fixed quickly with how many fucking mormons we have here just praying God will do jack shit for them so they don't have to. Took them 6 months to repave a road half a mile long, not including piping. Unless I fix my own car and drive to the capital city, I'd run out of food and need some source of sustenance, guess a Mosin would be better than flinging rocks.
>>
>>29555278
You'd be fine. I'm talking the big lines and shit. Small stuff would be fine for a solar EMP, but for if it is worse than predicted you are correct, a mosin would be better than rocks
>>
File: Mosin Nagant Crate.jpg (78 KB, 741x560) Image search: [Google]
Mosin Nagant Crate.jpg
78 KB, 741x560
>>29555062

Its a cheap, fun, durable, milsurp bolt action that fires an affordable round and it comes with a bayonet.

Sure its outclassed by most modern hunting rifles in almost every way (weight, accuracy, ease of use and likely capacity); but that's not really the point. Its a toy and a piece of history and if you regard it as such then its a bargain.
>>
>>29555257
I'm only trying to understand it a little better, not thinking of buying one. Yet.
>>29555261
I typically like guns with a colorful history, one of the reasons I like the AK, although I haven't had the pleasure of firing a real steel AK yet.
>>
>>29555302
.45cpr
affordable
>>
>>29555278
>Took them 6 months to repave a road half a mile long, not including piping.
jesus fuck thats bazing fast. my town of 17,000 in texas has been fixing a 1/4 mile stretch for 5 years. most days its just a single guy in a vest and hard hat waving at traffic.
>>
>>29555302

>Cheap

$Plain jane 91/30's going for $200+, ammo .40cpr
>>
>>29555302
I see. Well, after all I've seen from this thread so far, maybe it's one to consider. Would anyone happen to know the best model or the average price for a decent one would be?
>>
>>29555318
i paid 35 cpr yesterday
and yes thats very affordable for a rifle round.
>>
>>29555326
I live in the middle of a desert and the road was near the edge of the city, the only people using it were the ones getting to my neighborhood, and it was the only road leading to my neighborhood. I've seen them redo a high-traffic road in the middle of the road in less than a week, same city. What the actual fuck?
>>
File: Stalin Bunny Rabbit.jpg (25 KB, 340x443) Image search: [Google]
Stalin Bunny Rabbit.jpg
25 KB, 340x443
>>29555318
>>29555333

.35 cents

http://www.surplusammo.com/7-62x54r-light-ball-russian-880-rounds-in-2-sealed-spam-cans/

http://www.surplusammo.com/7-62x54r-light-ball-russian-440-rounds-in-sealed-spam-can/

>>29555333

Granted its not as good a deal as it used to be when they were readily available for $150.

Its still a WWII rifle though and as someone who appreciates historic firearms that has an appeal.
>>
>>29555349
>high traffic road in the middle of the road
Apparently my brain does not brain at 3 am. I meant in the middle of the city, in case nobody followed that.
>>
>>29555333
name a cheaper rifle at less than .50 cpr that isnt a .22
>oh wait, you cant

>>29555334
anything at or less than $250 is good, as thats the going rate at the moment.
>>
>>29555341
i paid 26cpr a few months ago, but just because i found it cheaper doesnt negate the fact the ammo cannot be considered cheap
>>
>>29555349
mormons lead to efficient government with low levels of corruption. you should be happy to be surrounded by them and their funky underwear.
>>
>>29555367
Jesus christ, less than $250 for a full sized rifle. And I thought guns were only cheap in Soviet Russia.

Although the gun is Russian so it still makes sense.
>>
File: nugget guide.png (804 KB, 611x793) Image search: [Google]
nugget guide.png
804 KB, 611x793
>>29555334

$200 or less is good at this point.
>>
>>29555370
what exactly do you consider cheap then?
because for what 54r is, .25-.35 is very cheap to me.
>>
>>29555375
75% of them are hypocrites that go out of their way alienating anyone that isn't part of their circlejerk. I've only met 1 decent person that was a mormon in this town of 98% mormons. I know it's unfair to generalize but in all my experience in this state, that's just how it is.
>>
>>29555311
It was an army's main battle rifle 100 years ago, it was the best thing they could produce in the time they had with the technology they had, with no commercial bias because the goal was to defeat or be defeated.

It's simple, it's rugged but it has faults.
All the surplus from this period (K98, Enfield, Arisaka, K31, ...) have the same issues for the end user: sights, capacity, ease of reloading, rate of fire.
If you put a scope on them you remove the first issue and render all the others pointless because you will be far from the heat and you won't need a semi-auto or a 20 round detachable box mag.

What you need to understand is that the doctrine changed with time and technology. With Cooper and the modern technique he rationalized the art of fighting but still considered the rifleman and the rifle as the main force. He tought that bolt actions were fine in a large number of roles.
But with Chuck Taylor and the importation of the modern technique all accross the world we mainly taught people who knew how to shoot a pistol at 50 yards how to empty their mags at 3.
Same for rifles.
So today it seems impossible to fight with a bolt action. And in one way it's true, you can't do a V-drill with a mosin in 3-5 seconds like you do with an AR, but is it imperative you do one if you fight outside of a CQB situation with multiple threats?
You know, most of the fighting will occur from middle range if you don't purposefully attack a city full of angry people. The rifle never had that role, they used machinepistols for that.

So yeah, for a civilian a bolt action like a mosin is a good was to stay alive in a SHTF scenario. You can teach your whole family and neighbours how to be a rifleman and buy a crate of mosin, it's better to have 10 rifles firing aimed shots at a target than 2 ar-15 slinging 10 times more lead at nothing.
>>
>>29555367
7.62x39mm
>https://www.wikiarms.com/group/7.62x39
>22 cpr before shipping
5.56 nato
>https://www.wikiarms.com/group/223
>21 cpr before shipping
>https://www.wikiarms.com/group/308win
>35 cpr before shipping

So, what, the three most popular ones?
>>
>>29555505
ok now do the other half of that post and list a rifle that uses one of those for less than $250
>>
>>29555383
Chinese Mosin's are still like $150 for really shitty ones
>>
Anons continue to discuss the Mosin Nagant while OP abandons thread overnight. I will be back to see if the thread hasn't died by tomorrow, but I simply must get some sleep. Good night, thread.
>>
>>29555062
>pull trigger
>it goes boom
Take this information as you will
>>
>>29555094

It's a poorfag gun. It's fun to shoot but don't expect much.
>>
>>29555062
Since when did /k/ become THIS new? Lurk more dude.
>>
>>29555215
>puts on recoil pad
I swear it's for the added length!
>>
>>29555133
Lurk moar you stupid fucking nigger
>>
>>29555505
>intermediate rounds
Kek
>>
>>29557137
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a recoil pad if it makes you a better shot.
>>
>>29555326
haha, I imagined he wasn't dirrecting traffic, just waving to people.
>>
>>29557115
>>29557143
Most of the threads here are AR-fags and AK-fags bashing Glockfags and each other. Otherwise, there's the stupid world domination/country invasion theory thread games. The few times I've heard references to the Mosin Nagant, it was of anons calling it a meme gun.
>>
>>29555133
It varies in quality and usefulness from firearm to firearm.

All of my nuggets are pretty great.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.