[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: atf4473.jpg (293 KB, 785x1028) Image search: [Google]
atf4473.jpg
293 KB, 785x1028
How can I be less awkward/autistic when transferring or buying a firearm, and making small talk with dealer.
>>
Get out more. Social interaction is all about practice. You either learn how to do it for real or you learn how to hide your power level.
>>
>>29554903
Try a light joke to ease the tension, such as "hey do you know if this caliber will go through a school bus?"
>>
I just all about guns with them, last one I had talked with them about the Copt Pynthon they had in a glass wall mount and the mosin on their wall. And some knife by the guy that made the AK.
>>
File: 1329340318551.jpg (160 KB, 422x422) Image search: [Google]
1329340318551.jpg
160 KB, 422x422
Literally any small talk, try to keep it gun-related.

"I can't wait to go out shooting, I've been wanting [this gun] for awhile. Do you own a [gun in this caliber]? What can you tell me about it, what brand of ammo do you recommend?"

or

"Yeah, I figured this would be good to go out and do "x" with" | "Yeah, this will go nicely with my collection"

Just say something to try to lead them into a conversation and let it go from there. Don't be a sperg and try to force it, if they don't seem interested in talking, don't talk to them.
>>
>>29554903
Ask them if marijuana means weed
>>
File: thinkstick.jpg (24 KB, 250x427) Image search: [Google]
thinkstick.jpg
24 KB, 250x427
>>29554964
>walk into gun store
>hey can i all about guns with you guys
>is that a copt pynthon
>everyone in the room gives me a strange room
>>
I'm in the same situation, I get all nervous and shaky, I literally just don't speak at all.

"Hi I ordered _____"

*Fill out 4473 in complete silence*

*Calls in check*

*Pay*

*leave*
>>
>ask the shoah if he knows anything about the firearms you want
>talk the shit
>thanks to the nuclear godwin's law you will end up at a conversation about which cartridge is da bess
>>
>>29554903

Social artist here, First time filling out the form the guy was watching me and I nervously checked yes to every question.
>>
>>29554903

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d19pH2THEY&spfreload=10
>>
>>29554903

>>29554916
this

All the guys in gun shop I frequent open carry.

I'm fare from sociable. It takes time to get used to.

it took several visits and attempts at small talk to stop myself from spilling spaghetti.

Chatting about state law or asking if they have any new deals is a good start.
>>
File: 1368494287365.png (16 KB, 365x507) Image search: [Google]
1368494287365.png
16 KB, 365x507
>>29554993

>Be me.
>Sell gun.
>Fudds always try to rope me into this conversation.
>Will only respond with "40 S&W is shit."
>"B-but 40 is da best round, used by DA POLICE."
>"Your a shit."
>Deny the sell.
>>
>>29554964
Being drunk is truly a wonderful thing isn't it anon
>>
>>29554903
"Yo dog does Mary juwana mean the weed???"
>>
>>29554976
>>29555029
>Fucking Phone
Other then autocorrects meant mine more for Local FFL from this couples home.
>>
I have heard that if somebody in incapable of filling out the form that somebody else can fill it out for them then they sign it themselves , then the form is signed by 2 witnesses attesting to the fact.

This is mainly for the blind or handicapped.
>>
>>29555038
>OP's first night with lady liquor
Don't worry though, most of the employees in the gun department of a big box or at your LGS that are under 40 are just as autistic as you are.
I bought an SD9VE as a truck gun for farm labor two weeks ago and the guy doing my paperwork at cabela's smelled bad and kept bragging to the college aged redneck girl handing gun boxes about how his wife doesn't care that he keeps blowing his paycheck on guns.
I thought I might have adult onset autism since I'm on /k/ but this dude made me feel like a total normie.
>>
>>29555057

Gun counter employee here.

I have never seen it done here but it is a actual ATF policy though.

The 4473 can be filled out by a third party individual (not a gun store employee) for the person buying, it is then signed (by THREE) third party individuals as witnesses, the only thing the actual handicapped buyer has to do is make some sort of mark on the signature line, which is a legal signature.
>>
>>29554992
And? So fucking what? Nobody cares if you make small talk with them or not.
>>
>>29555087

Its actually 2 witnesses.

Q: If a person who is unable to complete a 4473 form because of illiteracy or a physical disability wishes to purchase a firearm, how may the transfer be legally completed? May an accompanying person complete the form for the purchaser?

A: The buyer must personally complete Section A of the ATF Form 4473 and certify (sign) that the answers are true, correct and complete. However, if the buyer is unable to read and/or write, the answers (other than the signature) may be completed by another person, excluding the seller. Two persons (other than the seller or his employees) must then sign as witnesses to the buyer’s answers and signature. [Instructions on ATF F 4473, page 3, Question 1]
>>
>>29555101
>because of illiteracy
Huh.

Just curious, does anyone here know anyone who's completely illiterate? I can't imagine how often that comes up anymore.
>>
>>29554903
>How can I be less awkward/autistic when transferring or buying a firearm, and making small talk with dealer.

Get lucky and your dealer might be as awkward and autistic as you are, or moreso.

The guy that does my transfers is, and I can almost see the spaghetti every time I go there.
>>
How close are you to this Original poster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6AzUv3LXDc
>>
>>29554903
Filled out one for the first time a few days ago. It's not as bad as it seems bruh.
>>
>>29554903
Give drivers license and or ccw permit.

Fondle product until your are satisfied.

Fill out form.

Parouse shop until the check is complete.

I like to look for accessories, other guns, chat with other customers or chat with store owners unless they are calling the 4473 in.

Not that hard.
>>
>>29555207
Just about impossible in the first world, but it happens.
>>
I don't bother because most counter bitches are dicks
If they talk, I talk, if they don't talk, I'll bring up maybe one line and see if it goes anywhere
If it doesn't I keep quiet until I leave
>>
>>29555207
I know a chick who is illiterate. She was home schooled and somehow it got...glossed over or something, she didn't elaborate. She's really embarrassed about it, so she claims she's got severe dyslexia. Sucks, man. I had to tutor her for a while, but the program ended before she could make any progress. It's been like 4 years, so she's probably graduated/got a G.E.D by now. I hope.
>>
>>29555207
I've had a customer that was totally illiterate and several others that didnt speak any english so they brought family with them to translate.

>>29554903
How not to look autistic while buying a gun:
>dont instantly start bragging about how good of a shot you are
>dont ask "does anyone ever answer yes to this? lawl!" when you get to 11.d
>if you built an AR yourself, just call it a build, not a "custom AR"
>dont ask us the same question, 10 different ways
>clips vs. magazines, obviously
>bringing up call of duty in almost any context will make you look like a faggot
>dont ask how many clips a pump action shotgun comes with
>if you need a holster or mag for a gun, know the make and model. Dont just say you need a holster for your 9mm
>dont put "USA" in the "county" box under section 2. It should be obvious, but youd be surprised how often it happens
>do at least a little bit of homework before going to the store, at least enough to have a vague idea of what youre looking for.
> if the shop is busy, dont waste time fingerfucking everything, just go back another day when you wont be holding up a line

As far as small talk, safe go to's can typically be things like:
>"what kind of guns do you have?"
>"do you have any good sales going/coming up?"
>"any new used/consignment guns come in?"
>"what range do you reccomend?"
>"how did you get into shooting?"
And pretty much any other basic gun related questions that might relate.
>>
>>29554946
This. Or ask if school security guards are trained to identify concealed weapons.
>>
I can small talk with people about guns just fine, but I spaghetti the moment it's about trivial things like the weather or my day at work.

I once stood in a parking lot of a gun range after hours talking to a dude I just sold a garand to for about an hour.
>>
>>29554903
Business only, no personal life needed
>>
File: 1457578125111.gif (1 MB, 245x250) Image search: [Google]
1457578125111.gif
1 MB, 245x250
>>29554946
>Try a light joke to ease the tension, such as "hey do you know if this caliber will go through a school bus?"
>>
>>29556042
>not getting the meme.
>>
>>29555207

Yea, and the one person you have ends up suing for discrimination and then the entire thing gets thrown out the window like a literacy test, so they have to throw it in.
>>
>>29555306

In Georgia GWCL ("permit') counts as the background check, so literally I'm ready to go as soon as I finish filling out the 4473 and get paid.

But when I buy guns in Alabama, my GWCL is too old and they won't recognize it for the background checks, but brand new ones they do. Anyway, takes about 15 minutes and I just walk around the store and look around.

I'm not one for small talking and my regular shops understand that. I might look at some other guns or something, but I can be in and out within 10-15 minutes.

I almost always know what I'm going for, because i see something in a prior visit and research it, or have already made a down payment.
>>
>>29555862
>dont put "USA" in the "county" box under section 2

Another LSG employee [bout to go to work too]; Don't fuck up question 12 either. If you answered 'no' to #11L, you don't mark anything in #12, period.
>>
>>29555978
That's an easy way to force them to deny you sale.
>>
>>29554903

One time they were a little busy so I didn't talk at all. Other times it was talking about what I'm planning to use the gun for if it's not obvious (subcompact pistol). I'll talk about the guns I was looking at before I narrowed my choice down to the one I am purchasing. This usually gets the employee talking about his preferences for different brands or features and it turns into a nice conversation.
>>
>>29555057
>>29555087
>>29555101
If this is the case then no wonder why there is such bullshit.

This shit needs to be illegal to do and if the person is unable to make a coherent sentence or perfect grammar then they should not be allowed to own guns if they have to rely on someone else to fill the form for them.

Just like people with autism they should not even be allowed to own guns because fuck that I will never trust a person with autism to be responsible with something that can kill a human being let alone if that disabled person gets angry because he didn't get his favorite little girl's show on the T.V.

When the fuck will we do away this fucking bullshit and make it where autistic people and the illiterate fucks from owning guns?
>>
>>29555057
>blind person buying a gun
Kek
>>
>>29557287
How fucking stupid are you? Being literate is a relatively bew phenomena, people got by fine bit knowing how to read or write while still owning guns, you elitist prick
>>
The fact that you have to ask how to interact with people is very telling of your character.

Just talk with the guy. If you can't, "just talk", then you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>29554903
say "I love you" In the middle of whatever. It will break the tension and help the dealer feel better.
>>
>>29557900
May possibly get a good marriage going as well
>>
>>29557287
People like you are the reasons gun communities are devided as hell right now

Who the hell gives you the right to determine that a person with autism should be discarded from the second amendment rights and those with poor writing skills also be discarded from the second amendment rights!

Literally fuck you no one is perfect but neither are you.
>>
>>29557287
Look I agree that people with disabilities and autism spectrum disorders should not be allowed to own guns and all but you sound harsh in your post

Why not just make those with disabilities not own guns but can just rent one at the range instead
>>
>>29555006
I've done this before. Dude just snatched it up and put a new one in front of me.
>>
>>29554903
> can this penetrate a school bus?
>>
>>29555862
>dont ask "does anyone ever answer yes to this? lawl!" when you get to 11.d

Bought my first gun this week, literally said that exact thing to the guy
>>
>>29559382
I just tell people "Just cause someone's a fugitive doesn't mean they're a liar." But I cringe a bit on the inside because I hear it at least once a day
>>
>>29554903

All the gunstores I do business with I've done business with over the years, so while filling out the forms and such I ask how it's been going, if they've gotten any good shooting in recently themselves, or if it's an older store, ask how long it's been in that location or if they've gotten any famous clientele over the years.
>>
>>29555862
>>dont ask "does anyone ever answer yes to this? lawl!" when you get to 11.d
I actually do this every time. I assume it's like the "hey the price tag is missing, it must be free!" hell for retail workers
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.