[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talk me off the ledge, /k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_0238.jpg (130 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0238.jpg
130 KB, 1024x768
I'm moving to Baltimore at the end of the month, and I'm looking for a close-quarters scattergun for use as a home defense weapon in my rowhouse (1' brick walls on all sides).

I'm in love with pic related, and I need you to tell me that it's a bad idea/overkill and that I should just get a Mossberg or an 870 and be done with it.
>>
>>29553312
If you really want it then just buy it.
>>
>>29553312
It's actually very cool and you should do it.

Not only will you have a kickass shotgun, but you'll totally make us jealous for not being able to afford something so cool.
>>
>>29553312
Anon-kun you're making me panties wet and I'm not even wearing any~
>>
In a home invasion I'd want to use an 870 home defense or comparable pump. Shorter barrel means easier to get around corners. Loud rack gives you a psychological advantage. Also racking manually lets me personally feel better about knowing how many rounds I have left and what rounds I've fired (I alternate between heavy ball and buckshot). Simpler machine means less likely to malfunction when you need it. Those are my two cents anyway
>>
>>29554710

Racking it also tells Tyrone and his friends on where you're at, that you have a gun. Enjoy them random shooting in that direction.
>>
>>29553312

I'd honestly suggest just getting a plane Jane shotgun for the reason that the more tactical it looks, the more leverage the prosecutor has to paint you as just itching to use your baby blaster on the local dindus just trying to turn their lives around. Think of how it would play to the jury, you having something that could be portrayed as a skeet gun you grabbed to defend yourself, or teh evil ultra killing machine only sold to the army.
>>
>>29554745

This, also if you get a cheaper scatterblaster, you won't feel so bad if the police "lose it" when they confiscate it as evidence.

People always seem to forget this. That's the very reason why I'm grabbing my Mossy 500 and not my Kalash or 92FS. The 500 is more or less sacrificial to me, and the others are not.
>>
>>29553312
I got one that I converted to Super 90.

>cycles anything
>cold hammer forged barrel

In terms of shotguns, it's the best of the best. Blows any others out of the water.

Cheekweld kind of gets weird with the adjustable stock though, stock height changes as you move it, so unless you have it fully extended, the sights will be a little low.
>>
>>29553312
Get an old Winchester defender

OR an AR15
yes I know.
Penetration is sill as low or even less depending on ammo.
>>
>>29554784
>>29554745
You are both idiots. Congratulations.
>>
>>29554915

>Two reasonable points about cost and slogans that could be construed as pre-meditation by faggot suits
>"YOU BOTH ARE IDIOTS"

Thanks, assface. Let's hear your enlightened sub-topics then.
>>
>>29554745
You're an idiot. If that was the case no one would be using AR15s for HD.

OP, have you considered an AR15? It's well within your price range if you're thinking of dropping thousands on a Benelli M4.
>>
File: wm_1429417.jpg (150 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
wm_1429417.jpg
150 KB, 2048x1536
>>29553312
Fuck that fancy shit and get an auto-5 and a mag tube extension.

The first and the finest. No fiddly fucking gas systems. Set it for hard recoil and shoot buckshot - it will never fail. If anyone ever tells you they've had a problem with one of these, they had the friction ring set wrong for what they wanted to do. World's fastest single action and long recoil action. Godlike triggers. Bonus points if you get a Model 11 with the suicide safety for the fastest safety-off on the planet.
>>
>>29553312
Anyone have experience with that particular model of reflex sight? Is it any good for the price?
>>
>>29555040
>no fiddly gas systems
>has to fiddle with friction rings based on load

I'll stick with my M4
>>
Because when they break in at night, when you're asleep, they won't know where to look if they want to find you? Most of the robbers out there wont want to risk a hunting the homeowner to initiate a gunfight over a few bucks, and if they do you're in for the fight of your life anyway.
>>
>>29553312
>$2000 dollar shotgun
>that quad rail is probably fuck all expensive too
>Cheap barska sight that's like 50$ max, or 25$ if its one of the Chinese knockoffs

Why do people do this?
>>
>>29554723
>Racking it also tells Tyrone and his friends on where you're at, that you have a gun. Enjoy them random shooting in that direction.

these are thieving nignogs we're talking about here, not the fucking Predator. Tyrone and his friends are after your TV not your virgin white asshole. They'll scatter when they realize you're armed
>>
>>29555102
Because they blew all their money on the gun.
>>
>>29553312
the stock on that shotgun cost as much individually as a 590
>>
>>29555105
> They'll scatter when they realize you're armed

And they'll be back when you aren't home. And they'll know you have guns and guns usually mean money.
>>
>>29555883

Thats why you kill them, dumbshit.
>>
>>29555936
Did you read the thread? They were talking about racking the slide to send them running. That's kind of the opposite of killing them.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
They are great the only issue I've seen that it's real easy to empty the whole tube real fast with how quickly it cycles. So if you miss some how you could be fucked or if you do hit your target you could turn them to hamburger real quick.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
They are a great shotgun easy to use and soft shooting. Only issue could be if you miss your target you could empty it real fast and be fucked or if you hit your target you could turn them to hamburger real quick.
>>
Stupid phone. Sorry about the double post
>>
>>29556057
I have to agree with simpler being better for home defense. Also, OP's gun is far too big for CQC.

I have a question for you burgers, because the answer is no here in canada. If you defend your home from a burglar, and in the process you completely wreck all your shit (with multiple shotgun blasts) does your insurance pay to replace it? Here, insurance replaces shit stolen, or shit broken by invading nogs, but won't replace shit broken by the home owner in the process of defending the home :/
>>
File: 1459363808494.jpg (28 KB, 640x440) Image search: [Google]
1459363808494.jpg
28 KB, 640x440
>>29555040
long recoild shotgun

mein neggar
>>
>>29556233
>>29556245
>empty the tub and miss

are we talking about me in cs or wut
>>
>>29555105
It may freighten them into running, or they might take it as a threat and try and kill you. It's a gamble, so why even do it? If you have a pump, keep it loaded, and use the safety.
>>
>>29556233
>turn them to hamburger real quick

And you're implying that this is a bad thing?
>>
>>29553312
Do it faggot
>>
>>29556362
Your home will be a murder scene. Not a random fight or argument but a murder scene. Not only that, but one with a shot gun turning someone to hamburger. You will have to have everything within 20 feet of the person shot replaced due to bullets, blood, guts and other stuff. Bone splinters in walls. People think you just shoot them they fall down and cops come and high five you and it's over after Tyrone is rolled out by the coroner in a bag. It will literally be tens of thousands for clean up and it will fuck your head up, your families heads up, Tyrones families lives up when they go to identify the meat pile, Not to mention lawyer fees and costs of missing work for court and other things. Insurance probably won't cover "cleaning Tyrones brains from the ceiling and replacing every wall and carpet and flooring around the house" But they may cover the TV he dropped when you blasted his ass and broke the screen on. It's not like in the movies. Sure it may be a legal shoot but they still need your firearm for evidence until case closed which could a long time. You may get off free and then Tyrone family sues you for wrongful death or whatever else and you have to battle them in court.
>>
>>29556483
OP here, I'm a work in the medical field IRL and I'm no stranger to what gun crimes ACTUALLY look like. Knowing that, it actually reinforces my attitude of "better them than me". I'd rather it be some Dindu's "family" identifying his buckshot-ridden corpse than my family identifying my 9mm-ridden one, and thank god that I live in the US, where I have a right to believe that and act upon it if I deem it to be necessary.

I also know that Maryland is a castle doctrine state and as such, you are immune from civil liability if you are defending your home from a reasonable threat.

Tyrone's family can come for you if you pull a Zim-Zam and kill someone out in the open, but cases in which someone blasts a home invader are typically open-and-shut and never get anywhere near court.

As for size/CQB stuff, my apartment is actually quite large/open, so im not too worried about the extra 3-4 inches that a Benelli has compared to an 18" pump gun, and I'd honestly end up going for the full stock anyways so save having to fiddle with the adjustable under tense circumstances.

Either way, the M4 is a much smaller/lighter gun than what I grew up shooting, and I'm definitely willing to pay the extra size/cost price to get a setup where I don't have to worry about the process of pumping it messing with my sight picture.
>>
>>29556504
Too bad O'Malley choose to prevent the citizens from having access to that, all so his precious good boys didn't get blasted every time they tried to dindu nuffin.

I guess pandering to their delusional families was worth more nig-nog votes than upholding the Constitution.
>>
>>29556582
Sounds like your ducks are in a row then. Let us know what you end up getting for sure.
>>
>>29556582
>where I have a right to believe that and act upon it if I deem it to be necessary.

If you're gonna do it, you better hurry up and do it before Hillary gets "elected."
>>
>>29554710
Cant decide If 14 or troll
>>
>>29554947
>two points about shit that doesn't happen if the shooting was in any way justified
>>
>>29555102
It probably lives on birdshot too.
>>
>>29555102
What's a good home defense sight then?

How are trijicons' reflex sights for shotguns?
>>
File: 1450027429538.jpg (11 KB, 328x277) Image search: [Google]
1450027429538.jpg
11 KB, 328x277
>>29553312
Marylandbro here, why in the fuck would you move to Baltimore, Maryland of all places. There are a few places in the US where you want to stay the fuck away from and Baltimore is pretty fucking high on that list. Im going to try to move to TN in the next 2 years to get away from this shit hole. Ive fought the good fight politically for years, but there are more degenerates and SJW's here to make a difference. Please reconsider your life decision before you get killed by men of criminal persuasion (you know who i mean).

Also this is one of the most anti gun states in murricuh
>>
>>29556504
does someone know any more of the story here?
>>
>>29558064
Knockout game.
>>
>>29558030
OP here again, I don't want to get into too much detail, but I actually like the "degeneracy" and the cultural perks that Baltimore's SJW types and the art/music scenes have cultivated amidst the "decay".

It's just that unlike most people with similar interests, I have no illusions about Baltimore's huge problem with ((((((men of a criminal persuasion)))))) and I want to protect myself and my shit accordingly.
>>
File: tmp_7797-4sOH1eNl-1043757898.jpg (35 KB, 640x341) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7797-4sOH1eNl-1043757898.jpg
35 KB, 640x341
>>29556264
Does it hurt to be so stupid?

The manual of arms for the M4 is arguably simpler than a pump and every other argument against outside of cost negligible or I'll informed.

Cost is subjective and people cheaping out on the defense is always questionable
>>
>>29558098
oh so youre part of the lgbtwhateverwhatever. dont say i didnt warn you. You cant protect yourself in baltimore unless you illegally conceal carry. You wont be robbed and stabbed in your house, itl be when your walking on a side walk when you least expect it.
>>
>>29553312
>Fagpul AFG on a pump shotgun
Is this a cringe thread?
>>
>>29558110
OP again.

>Cost is subjective and people cheaping out on the defense is always questionable

Fuckin' this. If you really care about yourself and your shit, then a couple grand is honestly chickenfeed in the grand scheme of things.

>that image
That said, what do people think about the FN SLP?

I get the sense that it's like an M4 but more temperamental to operate and less durable, along with having inferior ergonomics. Given that it's still not a cheap arm by any means, it seems like it makes a lot more sense to swallow the extra couple hundred and get the Benelli.
>>
>>29558098
Good luck with your thread OP,sorry it's full of tards or trolls. The M4 is the king of autos but if you want to save a little cash for a gun that's definitely for the price look into the Beretta 1301 line.
>>
>>29558131
I'm actually straight, but I am big into the music/arts scene.

I'm much less worried about the latter since I tend to avoid any areas where random TNB in the open is a real concern unless I'm with a large group of people.

My neighborhood is mostly old blue-collar whites, but I nevertheless don't want to take chances with my shit.
>>
>>29558147
>on a pump shotgun
>m4
>pump shotgun

This is what I get for browsing at noon.So foolishness aside, would you care to explain WHY the afg would detract from the function of a shotgun.
>>
>>29558195
OP here again.

I'll take the other poster's bait and say that I chose the afg pic from GIS because I have huge hands and have heard that the only drawback of the M4 is the relatively small/slippery foregrip.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.