[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for /k/ about fitness. I'm a former armyfag,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: rundehsier.jpg (112 KB, 534x770) Image search: [Google]
rundehsier.jpg
112 KB, 534x770
Question for /k/ about fitness.

I'm a former armyfag, and now I struggle to maintain any semblance of fitness. Back then, I could always count on the camaraderie to help me maintain my focus and actually go out and PT.

Now, I have zero focus, and zero motivation.

How does /k/ stay motivated to run and maintain a reasonable level of fitness?

Why is it easy for some, and why do others seem to lack the spark?

>inb4 nice blog
>>
File: image.png (384 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
384 KB, 640x480
>>29552663
Stop being a lazy shit and go the gym.

Either that or just accept being a fat blob.

These are your options OP.

Also nice blog faggot.
>>
>>29552690
Hey, fuck your own face. I know what the choices are. I asked a pretty specific question and you answered neither.

What do you do to motivate yourself?
>>
look up your local reserve recruiter and ask to volunteer during their monthly weekend warrior time. pt and drill with them. they accept all veterans
>>
>>29552690
GO BACK THERE YOU CROSSBOARDING PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>29552816
Didn't know that was a thing I could do.
>>
File: image.png (441 KB, 1050x925) Image search: [Google]
image.png
441 KB, 1050x925
>>29552715
I realize I have the option of being fit or being fat and that gets me to the gym. What more do you need?

If you know your options why are you asking about motivation. Just fucking do it.

Or go complain on /fit/ maybe they can help.

At any rate I've never been enough of a fuckboi that I needed somebody to give me a reason to go work out so I can't help you there OP.
>>
>>29552816
This.
>>
>>29552871
I'm not complaining. If you don't understand what I'm asking, then you're too stupid to be worth speaking to.
>>
whats a good k specific excercise routine. i was thinking of using bags full of ammo for weights and my nugget and sks crate for a bar and bench.
all of my cash goes into guns so no real weights or gym membership for me.
>>
>>29552901
No I understand perfectly
>wah wah /k/ without a SGT telling me to show up on time and then making my fatass do some push-ups I can't stay in shape
>how do I do PT without somebody there actually making me do it
Like I said, stop being a fuckboi and go to the gym. That's all there is to it.

There's no fucking "trick", there's no special "motivation", it just a conscious decision that you're going to go to the gym and stay in shape.

That's all there is to it fuckboi.
>>
>>29552715
>What do you do to motivate yourself?
know that you are in the top 1% when compared to any of the shits around you. That you are actually living life, fully capable in body, as God intended for males.

If that is not enough motivation, just look at it like this. Work out for 15 minutes+ gets you higher than any drug will, esp running/jogging

You lack the spark because you have no lighter.
>>
>>29552928
Buying an actual gym membership and following a good strength training program. After a while if you really want a /k/ related program take a look something like the "four horsemen" or "operator down".

Don't do the stuff you listed.
>>
>>29552663
>wants to know how to maintain desire to be somewhat fit

I'll tell ya the plain and simple truth. It's that being a (so-called) "blob" is inherently embarrassing from an evolutionary view, as well as a professional view. If you can't even maintain yourself, why should you be expected to maintain the cause (corporate, government, personal, political, etc) you work for?

At least, that's how I see it.
>>
>>29552977
>Buying an actual gym membership give you motivation to go work out.
lol.... normal people actually believe this? I thought it was just the joos who do this.
>>
>>29553017
Go and reread the post I quoted you knuckle dragging fucktard.
>>
>>29552962
>>29553010
These are good ways of thinking, guys. I appreciate it.
>>
>>29553041
I did reread it, and unless you are a brokeass babbybackbitch or a fuckin kike who doesnt wanna waste a penny, my question still applies.

>>29552928
run all fucking day in a surplus flak vest and a camelpak. 8am-8pm. Then go do the basic excercises until you can do 100 reps of each with no problem, then go to free weights.

There is no magic formula or exercise plan. Push yourself and get results. Fuck protein drinks, just eat good food with meats and small bags of unsalted peanuts for snacks.
>>
>>29552663
Actually set concrete goals and try to meet them. "General fitness" is a stupid and arbitrary concept.

Measure your route, record your run times, and try to beat them.

Give yourself a PT test.

Start lifting and improve your bench, squat, deadlift, press, and C&J.

Try to be actually good at something rather than making mediocrity your goal.
>>
>>29553103
The question was "what's a good /k/ specific workout program" and the answer was "go the gym" you illiterate fuck.

Motivation had nothing to do with that post.

Oh, and your suggestion is retarded.
>>
>>29552690
/thread
>>
>>29552663
I want you to visualize the 1st Sgt. face when he hears you've been a fat lazy slob. I feared/respected my more corporal more than death. When I am feeling lazy, I just think about what Corporal Wilson would say. Then I find the inner motivation to work out.
>>
>>29553147
>and the answer was "go the gym"
>not buying your own olympic freeweight set and cage from SEARS for the same cost as 1yr of gym membership
fuckin idiots and their money.....
>>
>>29553196
>muh home gym mater race
>muh gym cost as much as your yearly membership
If your gym cost as much as my membership fees you have a shit gym m8.

Also good look meeting qts at your home gym. Guess your mom does kind of count though nerd. She was pretty cute sucking my dick the other night.
>>
>>29552977
>Buying an actual gym membership and following a good strength training program
im not paying to pick up someone elses rocks and be stared at by faggos on the prowl. i cant stand it when people try to "motivate" me and thats been my experiance every time ive gone to a gym.
>>
>>29553317
What kind of shithole gym do you go to where people try and come up and "motivate" you?

Do you look completely fucked up and retarded when you lift? Or do you just have a sign around your neck saying "ask about my boypucci"?
>>
Eh, I just make it convenient for me. I don't feel like going to the gym and paying and shit, so I got myself this little setup in my garage, horizontal bars and gymnast rings and stuff. Makes it easy, you just get up and stretch inna sun for a bit, than you go back and start doing those fancy squats you do on one leg. I don't turn into some superswole killer rickyrecon guy but I've gotten pretty good at it, I can do one-arm chin ups now.

Then there's cardio. I feel it takes up so much time so I just have this road bike I ride to work, sometimes take the long way or do some laps after work, that's my cardio.

I think a fitness routine that seamlessly integrates into your lifestyle is best for the average /k/ommando, and bodyweight training is pretty operator, too. Look it up.

Bump for /k/ommando fitness general.
>>
>>29552959
you're a fucking faggot
>>
OP just go to any gym that isn't planet fitness basically to lift. Run outside if you can, but use your gym treadmill for winter. Set goals for yourself and force yourself to go to the gym. Results take commitment. Have a good routine such as Starting Strength (read the book but don't do the gallon of milk a day). I don't run long distance only sprinting for explosiveness and conditioning so I can't reccomend a routine there.
>>
>>29552816

This. Were you combat arms? Tbqh combat related branches are prone to making you a sack of shit in civvy life because they offer close to zero tranferable skills.

Not that I'm one to speak, signing up for a three year 11B reserve stint at 29. Whatever makes you motivated I guess.
>>
>>29552663
Just do it. Make it a habit and to the point that you can even function unless you get a work out in for the day
>>
File: 1459545890724.jpg (95 KB, 500x748) Image search: [Google]
1459545890724.jpg
95 KB, 500x748
>>29552663

A lot of guys have given usefull advice here. I'd just like to add that you can ease things by doing something regarding your eating habits.

Try to cook more and avoid pre-cooked stuff and junk food. Try to eat in familly. Prefer grilled / boiled stuff to deep fried foods. Don't eat dessert every days. That sort of stuff.

Good luck dude.
>>
File: somegun.png (20 KB, 584x234) Image search: [Google]
somegun.png
20 KB, 584x234
>>29552663
Motivation is an issue I struggle with too.. but I'll try to help you out OP.
1. The whole gym membership thing others are recommending is a good idea. If are a cheapass and you invest money in something terminal like that then you will be more likely to go.

2. As based >>29555088 said, work on your diet. This is going to sound stupid but diet is like 75 percent of the battle. Try to start with small stuff like only drinking water and eating from smaller plates.

3. Go get a workout buddy or go make one at the gym. I was/is a fat piece of shit and I went to the gym with my best friend every day for 3 months and I tripled my scores in every category. Especially when it comes to running, there is nothing like competition. Even if you are just at the track in the gym outrunning old people.
>>
>>29552663
stop eating like a soldier, I had to make adjustments to my calorie intake after getting out of wrestling, it's surprising ly easy to pack on pounds when your stomach expects large meals that your body is going to put into storage because you're not burning it off fast enough or at all

get a gym buddy and watch your intake, if you need to pack in a large meal, eat lots of celery, that shit takes more energy to process than you can pull calories out of, literally fill the hunger with water weight and take care of your salt and nutrient levels so you don't piss them away

a caffeine addiction helps wean yourself onto a smaller diet as well, if you have the room in your budget for heart-stopping amounts of monster/red bull/rip-it every day
>>
File: training.jpg (238 KB, 1112x834) Image search: [Google]
training.jpg
238 KB, 1112x834
>>29552663
Have a goal (sounds like you do)

>Find a group of people with a similar goal
>I know its heresy but consider cross fit? All my vet friends fucking go nuts for it. I don't personally know anything about it.
>Make its a lifestyle choice change and not just "going to the gym". Diet, sleep, activities, positive.

Also find something you like to do, be it for fun or for purpose.

I hate cardio without a purpose. I love playing in adult league games and Frisbee/Catch with my buddies on a nice day. I do force myself to run 3 times a week roughly 3 miles of actual running and 2 miles of warm up and cool off. That mixed with lifting and other body based strength exercises works really well. I had to do something else though that was more intense and relevant to me. I started wearing a clean SCBA I was issued from work for training, as my job consists of wearing one of these. I now go to my private gym and have a corner set up to use the stairstepper for the days I am not running. Its a utilitarian exercise that is relevant and therefore I have no problem doing it.

For you maybe that is hiking with a pack? Doing combat challenge courses? Something that is relevant to your past life but still safe and not to beat up your body (I wouldn't run with an SCBA because of my knees).

What kind of training did you do in the military? Can you not just continue.
>>
File: 1425463796279.png (13 KB, 457x196) Image search: [Google]
1425463796279.png
13 KB, 457x196
>>29555088
>>29555480
these two are good advice, but also consider that rest is important: don't push yourself over the edge, work out on odd days at a max. Your muscles need time to grow, and sleep is when that happens. Try to keep a healthy sleep schedule, don't eat 2-3 hrs before bed and try to minimize all-nighters. We're all gonna make it
>>
Is there a particular gym routine that's good for potential army/ muhreens recruits?

All I've found is bodyweight exercises which I do as part of my morning routine, but I feel that surely using weights etc. would be more beneficial and a wider range of muscle work?
>>
>>29557374
All you really need is body weight work, beyond hiking with weight bodyweight should suffice what you absolutely need to be good at.
>>
>>29557445
Guess I'll just keep on with the gym shit and throw out a bit more pushups.
>>
>>29557374
Running, push ups, sit ups, and pull ups are all you "need" but you'll definitely get more respect if you're swole
>>
>>29552663
>How does /k/ stay motivated to run and maintain a reasonable level of fitness?
Looking at fatfucks.

Knowing that being fit makes me feel and function a lot better, not to mention it's healthy.

Knowing that being fit is beneficial to my handling of firearms.

Knowing that being fit will be immensely benefical in case of SHTF of any kind.

Being fit has literally no downsides.

>>29552690
>>29552871
>>29552977
>>29553147
>>29553338
>implying you need to "hit the gym" to get fit
Unless your goal is to bodybuild (which doesn't not equal being fit) gym is just an option.

Stretching, running, push ups, sit ups and crunches can be done with no equipment at all. Get a pull up bar and a pair of dumbbells and you are set.

Not to mention going to the gym often misleads people into thinking that cardio and stretching are not an important part of being fit.
>>
>>29552715
Get a friend to go to the gym with
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.