[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti-fun ignorant comments you hear?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 22
This one I hear from my mom all the time.
>A gun can still go off even if it's unloaded.
She's never willing to explain HOW

Why did my dad marry such a dense woman?
>>
>Be innafriends pad with group of friend
>Talking vidya
>Convo turns to politics on guns
>Everyone thinks and believes one retards thought that all guns should be banned because American's are stupid
>We are all American
>Get jump on by everyone using simple logic
>Get asked the how many kids need to die
>Tell them how many you planning on having
That was the day I lost 5 friends.
>>
>>29550677
>dense woman.
Probably took her out to a wild night at Applebee's.
>>
>I get too angry to have ever carried before, but with the state of things now I think I might have too.

Last night from over the hill dude that just likes talkin.
>>
>>29550759
That was a good kek anon
>>
Always fun to see Ben Shapiro wreck Piers Morgan on gun control.
>>
>>29550677
>Why do you NEED that?
>If you want to carry a gun, you should just be a cop
>how do you know you won't get mad and shoot somebody
>are you compensating for something?
makes me Fuherious
>>
>>29551237
To the "what if you get mad" I always answer, "If I'm like that why don't I just punch people I. The face who make me mad? Its not like I'm a super violent person.
>>
File: wat.gif (974 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
974 KB, 500x281
I was talking to my buddy about gun politics just yesterday.
>friend thinks that guns should be harder to obtain
>thinks government needs to do background checks and go into medical history to try and weed out psychos
>ask him if he knows how much time and money it would cost the government to do that
>he says the government can afford it and should spend less money on defense anyways
>mfw we're both Army and in uniform during this conversation
>>
>Gun control will decrease the murder rate
Every anti-fun ever.
>>
>>29550677
Well, if you follow /k/ enough, you'll know that almost every day there's an ND thread, and almost every time the OP was working with an 'unloaded' gun. Maybe you're just missing the ironic invisibly quotation marks around 'unloaded'.
>>
File: image.png (243 KB, 633x359) Image search: [Google]
image.png
243 KB, 633x359
>>29551237
Heard this coming from 2 army vets

>mfw
>>
>>29550677
>Why did my dad marry such a dense woman

for the pussy, obviously
>>
>>29551823
I never understand that mindset
>I hope they spend less on defense because I want to get paid less and possibly downsize the military even more
>>
>>29551912
How badly has the US military been downsized? Here in the UK, it got it up the arse pretty hard, especially from 2010 to 2015 but you guys seem to be doing more than fine.
>>
>Why do you need to have a gun on you, what are you afraid of?
Not a damn thing woman, I'm a man and I have a gun.
>>
>what do you even NEED a gun for?
To defend my constitutional rights from Tyranny
>uh, don't you know that we overthrew England like 200 years ago?
Oppression can come from democratically elected governments too.
Basic conversation when a conversation turns to guns and I tell them I have a covert carry license/ gun on me.
>>
>>29550759
They weren't your friends anon
>classic /k/ response at the end
10/10
>>
>>29550677
>This one I hear from my mom all the time.
>>A gun can still go off even if it's unloaded.
>She's never willing to explain HOW

Cognitive dissonance.

She has an irrational fear which she recognizes as irrational and has to cover it up with something she thinks will inspire a mortal fear.
>>
>>29550759
They werent good friends anyways if they can take the banter
>>
>>29551968
We lost nearly 110,000 in just the Army and plans are to cut another 20,000. The other branches lost quite a bit to. The USMC lost close to 9,000 and they are only four divisions.
>>
>>29550677
>A gun can still go off even if it's unloaded
>go off
shoot a bullet
>even if it's unloaded
no bullet in

So there's no problem?
>>
File: 1451869737422.jpg (54 KB, 510x370) Image search: [Google]
1451869737422.jpg
54 KB, 510x370
>tell roommate about my first CCW pistol, she's a clueless asian liberal and asks if she can see it
>I had been dry firing it so I know it's unloaded, but she didn't see any of this so she has no idea if it's loaded
>"aren't you afraid it might accidentally go off?"
>as she says this, she aims at nothing in particular and SQUEEZES THE FUCKING TRIGGER
>I quickly grab it from her and mention something about how guns cannot go off on their own, and how I'll teach her the rules of gun safety one day

That's the last time I let a nogun handle one of my guns
>>
>>29552709
I don't why people have the urge to jerk off the trigger when its their first time seeing a gun in real life. Whats the thinking?
Does she like guns now?
>>
File: 1460248034440.jpg (31 KB, 619x349) Image search: [Google]
1460248034440.jpg
31 KB, 619x349
>making guns illegal would reduce gun crime
Yeah probably, but they don't stop to think that violent crime and murder rates would stay the same. It's the same thing when people from european countries say "we haven't had a school shooting for x years," but when was the last time somebody went around a school with a knife or hammer or some shit killing people?
>>
>>29552827
She initially was a bit distrustful but wanted to go to the range for the novelty of it, so we went. She's awkward but seemed to enjoy it. Wouldn't say she's a huge fan but she did ask me to grab one of my handguns for protection when her ex showed up unannounced so she certainly sees the benefit in having them for self defense now.
>>
>>29550677
She's making a good point: that a gun one assumes to be unloaded can still in fact be loaded.

That's why you visually _and physically_ inspect a firearm's chamber >= 1 times before you can definitively consider it to be unloaded.
>>
>>29553056
Did you put your dick in her?
>>
>>29553026
one of their big talking points is, AT LEAST WITH A GUN IT'S WAY EASIER FOR PEOPLE TO KILL YOU

they ignore the fact that confiscation does nothing to improve violent crime rates, and while they don't have the very rare mass shooting incidences like in the USA, they also don't have any means to protect themselves. how many crimes and deaths at the hands of criminals could they be preventing if they let citizens defend themselves?
>>
>>29550677
>in college
>gay friend talks about how him and his boyfriend just got gun range memberships
>wildhipsterqueefsby.jpeg
>gay friend talks about how he likes the nano he tried out
>hipster interrupts us and explains "real men use their fists"
>gay friend gets up and socks him
>"well I can take a fist better than you can, so shut up and don't interrupt me"
>he goes back to showing us pictures of their last hunting trip
>>
>>29553097
No she's not

Your reading comprehension is shit, get fucked
>>
File: 1460173447896.jpg (22 KB, 400x460) Image search: [Google]
1460173447896.jpg
22 KB, 400x460
>>29553135
pretty based
>>
>>29553135

I've heard this numerous times from little limp dick hipster faggots, girls and guys alike.

>real men use fists

Like, I'm sorry I don't know any better. Please enlighten me in your (lack of) fighting skills and experiences more.
>>
>>29550759
>tell them how many you planning on having
Love that response
>>
>>29553135
Words which would likely make the person whom they are addressed commit an act of violence. Fighting words are a category of speech that is unprotected by the First Amendment. Chaplinsky v New Hampshire, 315 U.S. 568 (1942). CIVICS. the Constitution.

>Literally grounds for assault.
>>
>>29553135
>>"well I can take a fist better than you can, so shut up and don't interrupt me"
kek
>>
>>29551877
shut the fuck up.
>>
>"more guns make you safer? I guess warzones should be safe then."
>>
>>29554016
By that logic having no rifle in a warzone makes you the safest person there.
>>
>>29550677
yeah man nice gun man shoot my gun man hell yeah blast em dead man haha yeah dude shoot the gun man alright man shoot n loot man ha! we gotta shoot to kill shoot to kill shoot to kill, center mass and drop that ass! haha .22 if you're a little pussy bitch gotta kill gotta shoot bang bang the louder the better the bigger the badder oh yeah rifle style man shoot to kill man aim for the head man hey man gotta shoot that gun can you even name the stock dude? squeeze em up haha oh yeah make it go bang bang and that's how we do it gun life man oh yeah nice gun dude my gun man crazy dude nice gun dude you faggot horrible pea shooter mine shoots 18 rounds at once all .45 haha loser rounds i only shoot hollow tips hollow heads that's what i say shoot shoot shoot shoot them all up gun free zones are fun free zones chew dip and shoot to kill shoot to kill fire and blast!!!!!!!!
>>
>>29550759
>Tell them how many you planning on having
You're an absolute champion.
>>
>>29551912
>>29551823
>>29552522
To be fair, whether or not we should spend as MUCH as we do on defense, we need to spend it more efficiently. Spending a fucking gorillion dollars on terrible contracts is not working.
>>
>you dont need a 30 rd magazine
>and you dont need a car, go take public transportation
>but thats not the same
>how? youre saying i dont need a regular magazine, im saying you dont need a car, youre saying i dont need an inanimate object, and im saying you dont need an inanimate object
>but people use those in assault weapons to kill people
>and people use cars to kill other people, you going somewhere with this or what?
>but we would have less crime
>no we wouldnt, the 94 AWB was shown to be ineffective, and magazine restrictions are ineffective
>but only because of muh neighboring loose law states
>the whole neighboring states thing has been proven to be false repeatedly, but ignorant people continue to spout it as an excuse for their failing policies and laws in places like Chicago
>but you dont know that
>really? i have a degree in this subject, but you know better because you heard it on the news?
>wow anon you dont have to be so defensive
>nobody is being defensive, youre being intentionally difficult because you refuse to be wrong, youre not going to "win" this or "prove" anything, because i have done the research, and you havent, its as plain as that, if you want you can go read my published article on the matter, ill even buy the publication for you since you only seem to believe what you read
>>
>>29551237
>Why do you NEED that?
Why do you NEED that fire extinguisher?
>If you want to carry a gun, you should just be a cop
I ain't dyin' in no ghetto!
Because you're projecting.
>are you compensating for something?
Wanna find out, stud? ;-))
>>
>>29553286
>this sharpie is now a knife
>use your fists to defend against it
>>
>>29554358

Link to article? Not questioning or doubting but would actually love to read and use against anti-funs.
>>
>>29554286
Anyone else read this in boomhauer's voice? Talking 'bout dang ol' ka-boom man
>>
Have heard some gems while on Facebook.

>Nation A with 500 knifing deaths and 100 gun deaths is safer than Nation B with 200 gun deaths and 100 knifing deaths!
Shouldn't overall violent crime be the main issue here? Homicide is homicide regardless of the tool used

>Gun control will reduce suicides, because this biased study says that suicides are impulsive, and that guns contribute to successful suicides compared to failed suicides using other methods.
Japan has strict gun control laws, so does places like Russia and Korea. All of those nations have far higher rates of suicides

>France's gun control laws worked superbly, because the terrorists had to smuggle in their guns from Belgium, rather than buying them in France!
French guy told me this. Honest to god.

>You don't NEED (X) for hunting DURR!
2A not for hunting

>Real honorable men use their fists!
And what if the victim is disabled? A woman? Or elderly?

>Guns will just cause people to shoot each other over disagreements and small things like stealing parking spaces, when they can just fist fight each other!
Just because you'd shoot someone over little things, doesn't mean everyone will.

>I lived in an incredibly sheltered life, and never once has my life under threat. Therefore nobody else needs guns!

>What is wrong with you Americans!? Why do you really think the death sentence is appropriate for rapists?
Honest to god, a Swede said this to me.

>Why would you shoot a home invader or a thief? Why do you think it's right to kill over property?
The robber threatening you with a weapon, is basically telling you that they're willing to kill you for your property.

>Shooting criminals is wrong, even in self defense! You don't know if they had a tough life, and are just as much of a victim of society as you are!
A Belgian told me this.
>>
>>29554568
>And what if the victim is disabled? A woman? Or elderly?

Then it should be easier to finish them off
>>
File: checkthisout.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
checkthisout.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>29554286
>>29554532
>>
>>29554568
>I was a veteran! We were given AR15s that shot 223s! Nobody needs weapons of war! Don't you know what kind of damage a 223 can do to a body? It'd shred through bone and flesh, you don't need that for hunting durr!
Somehow, I'm 100% sure that this "veteran" was never one in the first place.

>Why would you teach kids how to handle guns! That's what's wrong with you Americans! You're teaching kids how to kill, and you're raising another generation of gun owners! That is why America will never be civilized like us in Australia!

>All gun owners are murderers! You only buy guns to kill! Why else would anyone buy a gun!

>I don't like people carrying guns, I can't tell if it's a good guy with a gun or not. And all mass shooters were good guys with guns before they started shooting!
>>
File: 1459359280245.gif (1 MB, 451x331) Image search: [Google]
1459359280245.gif
1 MB, 451x331
>>29550759

>>Tell them how many you planning on having
>>
>>29550759
>>Get asked the how many kids need to die
oh my fuck, I'm using that one.
>well i'm not saying we ban guns we just need to ban the ways that a civilian could make them
these fuckers want to ban shovels
>a assault rifle fifteen is a deadly weapon that can shoot sniper rifle rounds from the factory!!
>assault clips
nothing too autistic but if i remember more i'll post em
>>
>>29551823
>Spend less on defense

Why couldn't he just say spend less on the navy and air force?
>>
>>29553135
>well I can take a fist better than you can
dat double entendre

what a time to be alive, nu-male btfo by redneck fags.
>>
>The NRA is arming and funding gangsters and terrorists! To scare white men into buying more guns, which makes the NRA more money! Stop being fooled by the NRA, you're only being controlled by the gun companies!

>The NRA doesn't represent gun owners! Only the gun companies! Not like a real grassroots organization like Everytown or Mom's Demand Action!
>>
>>29554532
my fucking sides are in orbit
>>
>>29554016
>mention literally any genocide following the government disarmed the less equal animals for their own safety
>IE all of them
>or all the liberal utopias of gun control like chicago, new yorks, flint michigan, LA, etc.
>or the easily illustrated fact that gun control is a Jim crow era holdout to marginalize and disarm the poor and minorities.
my favorite being the California ban on Open carry after the black panther parties peaceful armed protest in the california state capitol... 3 years after the civil rights act was passed.

sure it falls on deaf ears as they REEEEEE in righteous indignation at your use of facts, history, and non gradeschool logic, but an argument with a numale librul is to publicly crucify their hot shit wrong opinions in a public forum to convince those on the fence.
>>
>>29553135
I read that 3rd part as "Wild Hipster Queefsby" at first and thought you were talking about some strange new pokemon or something
>>
>>29554358
requesting sauce on your peer reviewed btfoing of antigunners to add to the Bantz pile

the abstract to the CDC study on the effectiveness of the '94 AWB always rustles antigunner jimmies.
>>
>>29553354
the category of "fighting words" is no longer recognized after being narrowed down continually over the decades, and the facts in that greentext are substantially different to the point where the reasoning in chaplinsky wouldn't apply

you're a dumb
>>
>>29551237

I hate this, and the "When the adrenaline kicks in..." idea that sometimes pops up around gun forums, where you have to train a certain way to give yourself some insurance when shit hits the fan and you suddenly lose control of your body to the forces of some boogeyman (rage, adrenaline,etc.) for the duration of the event. I'm all for training to improve your motor skills, but don't do it under the pretense that you'll enter some kind of autopilot should anything ever go down.
>>
>I'd shoot people over minor perceived slights, so you would too!
>just get into a le noble round of fisticuffs like I would (110lb in a wet jacket) as you escalate a verbal dispute with physical violence
>if you give them what they want, why would they hurt you? killing is wrong!
>>
>>29553026
>No mass shootings in Europe
This is bullshit anyway. Look up the top mass shooters, they have all been either European or Asian. From countries with strict gun control.
>>
>>29554423
>>29554703
id have to dredge through to find the publication itself, would be easier to edit out a few things and just post it online since the publication doesnt put their articles online (dumb, i know, but academic publications like that still exist)

ofc now i would have to dredge through all the fucking papers i wrote as an undergrad lol, if i come across it ill post it up
>>
>>29554599
>Don't need .223 for hunting deer
My state won't allow deer hunting with anything smaller than .223. Personally, I think it is too small.
>>
Why has no one ever made a database of properly sourced graphs and reports with which keyboard warriors like myself could destroy anti gunners? If there is kind of that already, I'd love to know about it. All I've got are a few individual graphs and info graphics, but to have all the info there in one place would be great.
>>
>>29554978
http://www.gunfacts.info/
>>
>>29554568
>Honest to god, a Swede said this to me.

Swede here. Death is perfectly appropriate for rapists.
>>
>>29555578
Another Swede here, and honestly you're a fucking racist. Leave and hope someone like me doesn't report you first. Personally, I hope you end up in prison for even thinking that.

To the rest of the world, we Swedes are not all ignorant like this guy/girl/other here.
>>
>>29555613
>Death is perfectly appropriate for rapists.
>Death is perfectly appropriate for arabs and blacks.
One of these is what that Swede said, one is what you were thinking.
I'll let you figure out which is which.
>>
>>29554957
.243 here in VA if I remember right
>>
>>29555695
Look if someone wants to express their sexuality and you call that "rape", then that is your problem not mine. Fuck off bigot. We're not sexually repressed like you asshole American Nazis. Sexuality is a spectrum would should be discussed and not labeled with harmful racist stereotypes like "rape".
>>
>guns cause violence so you should get rid of your guns to stop violence
I point out that self defense stops violence and when the meek have no power, those who are violent will rule the world
>but you can still do your part by turning in your guns!!
I tell them to fuck off
>wow all progun people are bigots did you know I am (random fake minority)
>>
>>29554286
I refuse to read all of that because it will inevitably not be funny
>>
>>29554625
>The NRA is arming and funding gangsters and terrorists!

No actually that was an Anti Gun senator from California
>>
>>29554703
FBI wrote one after it sundowned as well
>>
>>29555736
>Sexuality is a spectrum would should be discussed and not labeled with harmful racist stereotypes like "rape".

I swear this is like reading hentai
>>
>>29555736

>With enough denial we can pretend the Scandinavian rape wave wasn't a thing

There's something wrong with your logic buddy.
>>
>>29554889
>I-I I don't have it on me...
You.
>>
>>29550677

Remember this bullshit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCI4bUk4vuM

Well I have one guy at work who actually agrees that concealed carry is a bad thing and this video proves it. After all this guy did pass the course and got his CCL, so what's to stop every jackass from getting their own and then shooting random people trying to be a hero.

Your turn to refute this /k/.
>>
File: 1410549042746.jpg (130 KB, 465x472) Image search: [Google]
1410549042746.jpg
130 KB, 465x472
>>29554619

Because without CAS the Army is useless.
>>
>>29556751
The fact that a conceal carrier randomly shooting into a crowd and killing bystanders has yet to happen? Though there was that time that NYPD tried to down one suspect in front of the Empire State building, and managed to hit 9 bystanders.

Though most likely, your co worker would go "SEE! If cops can't do it, then regular civilians can't!"
>>
>>29553135
being gay, we actually have to learn how to fight instead of just talking about it
>>
>>29551137
>Always fun to see Ben Shapiro wreck Piers Morgan on gun control.
except Shapiro is the one who gets owned
>>
>>29552002

Lol your open carry glock is going to stop tyranny?

Just be honest and say youre scared of black people.
>>
>>29553135

God i wish i could b3 gay so i could get away with just randomly assaulting someone.
>>
>>29553097

More than once? Are there really people so jnfamilliar with their firearms they dont know how to clear it properly? Atleast the military teach one thing correctly...

1)Safety
2)Magazine
3)Chamber
4)Safetly

Litterally idiot proof.
>>
>>29556751
because people don't get CCW to fucking shoot people, if they are going to go into a random crowd to shoot people they don't need a CCW because they are already intending to do something highly illegal, getting a CCW permit to avoid doing something that is already far less illegal than murder won't help them at all.
>>
>>29556905

It's already been proven that the average gun owning citizen spends more time on the range shooting than the average police officer. Cops only get 100 rounds of ammunition pad for by tax dollars to qualify 2 times a year.
>>
Even if the magazine is removed, and the slide is locked back clearly showing there isn't anything in the chamber, my father insists that there still might be a "bullet crammed in the gun"
I have tried many times to logically explain that the gun is clearly empty but for some reason he just refuses to believe it
>>
>>29555856
>>29556708
You guys took the bait pretty hard
>>
>>29556992
this desu senpai
>>
>>29554398
>I ain't dyin' in no ghetto
https://youtu.be/Q-lDtCHFmvg?t=4797
I presume the fight would be on?
>>
>>29552002
Anon, out of all the answers you could have given, you had to give the one that's no longer valid? The government isn't going to go full tyranny, and even if they did, you wouldn't do shit to stop them. Not couldn't, wouldn't.

It's talk like that that makes people think gun owners are all anti-government whack jobs. You are part of the problem.
>>
>>29553135
I don't know if I believe this story, but I want to. Very much so.
>>
>>29557355
Why would you say that? Literally the only that can effectively enforce a police state is police. Boots on the ground. Muh tanks n jets are good for show, but you aren't going to run around destroying the infrastructure and populace you want to control. Which leaves infantry. As it turns out, infantry is still very susceptible to small arms fire.
>>
>>29556905
The NYPD really should be taken as an example of all cops. Up until a few years ago, their training left a lot to be desired, to say the least. And those 12 pound triggers don't do any favors for your accuracy.
>>
>>29557176
>It's already been proven that the average gun owning citizen spends more time on the range shooting than the average police officer.
bullshit post is bullshit

citation plox
>>
>>29557425
Reminds me.

Had some nutjob that kept insisting that all guns on the civilian markets should only have 12lb triggers. He said something about how it'd make all guns safer, and prevent mass shooters from just gunning down people.

He honestly couldn't get the idea that precision shooting is far safer than squeezing a 12lb trigger, and then he has the nerve to turn around go all "I was raised around guns and durr hunting!"

Didn't know fake fudds existed until him.
>>
>>29557533
>muh government and state agents can't be this bad!
>>
>>29555736
>there's no "I" in denial
>>
>>29557684
>It's already been proven that the average gun owning citizen spends more time on the range shooting than the average police officer.
>It's already been proven
>been proven
>proven

fuck off, you are a special kind of stupid
>>
>>29557924
>Average cop goes to range twice a year, shoots 100 rounds to qualify
>Average gun owner goes at least once a month, shoots anywhere from 100 to over 1000 rounds, wants to actually improve their skill
>>
>>29558071
>Average gun owner goes at least once a month, shoots anywhere from 100 to over 1000 rounds
wrong.

and you will not be able to provide a citation because it isn't true
>>
>>29550677
>Group of four of us, been friends for decades
>Friend #1 one day announces that he honestly doesn't think he could ever be friends with a gunowner because they're all crazy murderers too afraid to live in the real world and spending all that money is a waste.
>mfw I have two pistols and a rifle
>mfw friend #2 has a stunning collection of revolvers
>mfw friend #3 is ex-military and somehow got to keep his m4 and has an m1 from his grandpa
>mfw all 3 of us hit the range at least twice a year at the least
>mfw friend #1 collects anime dolls and has spent many times the amount on them that any of the rest of us have spent on our firearms.
>>
>>29556905
>"SEE! If cops can't do it, then regular civilians can't!"
Got this one on youtube the other day, he keeps going back to it. Despite the facts:
>I have told him that I'm training to be a LEO and have told him we don't get special forces type training.
>Linked him to articles showing FBI pistol training.
>Linked him to videos showing FBI/Police training.
>>
>>29557355
There are literally people who are already willing to do this with no reason.
You don't think more would show up if given a legitimate reason? All the local police who would refuse to follow tyrannical laws? The mass military desertions that happen if they were ordered to fight US citizens?
>>
>>29558135
>My anecdote is stronger than your anecdote
Please, show me a citation saying that most gun owners don't go to the range frequently.
>>
>>29558259
>Average gun owner goes at least once a month, shoots anywhere from 100 to over 1000 rounds
you are the one making the truth claims, you are the one being asked to prove it. you can not, because it isn't true. it isn't even close to being true.

you are an idiot, your posts are my proof of that
>>
File: 1457635763699.jpg (22 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
1457635763699.jpg
22 KB, 540x527
>>29557100
>>
>>29555613
Swedes are soft people. They deserve every single rape because they failed as civilization.
>>
>>29558135
Different guy.
"The course of fire is 60 rounds and agents must shoot 80% (48 hits) or better to qualify."
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/10/jim-barrett/shoot-like-pros-new-fbi-qualification-course-fire/
Can find the the source if you want.

How often do you shoot, anon? More than 60 rounds a year?
I do. My friends who aren't really into guns do.
>>
>>29550677
>Guns are dangerous because someone could take it from me and shoot me.

I hear this one a lot. try to explain to people that if that happens it's an operator error.

Because if you draw your carry to use it you should use it, people can only take your gun if you stand there and don't shoot.

Also if someone if someone is willing to take your gun from you and shoot you they probably would've tried beat you death if you were unarmed.

It doesn't help that it actually just happen to woman in the next town over. She froze up and niggers took her gun.
>>
>>29558425
Anon, this is not proof that armed citizens shoot more than LEO's.

It was clearly stated that it has been proved, where is this said proof? Anon, it does not exist. It was clearly claimed that the average gun owner shoots between 100 and over 1000 rounds a month, again, where is the citation?

Also these statements are now implying that the average LEO only shoots during qualification where more accurately qualification is only the absolute bare minimum a LEO can shoot!

it's bullshit, you know it and I know it.
>>
>>29558297
Well I don't think anyone has made a study on how often a gun owner goes to the range, but at the same time, every gun owner will go to practice with their guns. Cops are recorded to only shoot twice a year as part of their training.
>>
>>29558541
>every gun owner will go to practice with their guns.
wrong.

where are you getting this from? you are wrong.
>>
>>29558480
Wasn't trying to prove it, but I'm saying it can be assumed for most people without a giant leap of logic.
Then again most police I know also practice more than they are required to.
These cops also put a lot of emphasis on drawing and getting shots on target quickly, something I doubt all citizen gun owners do.
>>
>>29558563
look, the biggest slacker on the force is required to go to the range to qualify, fact.
not a single gun owning citizen is required to go to the range every year, or ever for that matter.

it is estimated that on average nearly 50% of households in America contains a firearm. Are you suggesting that all of these gun owners practice?

for instance, my father, most of my uncles, many of my friends fathers own firearms and probably haven't been to a range this millennium.

I have gun owning friends who haven't been shooting in the past decade
>>
Hearing protection act
>why do you need a suppressor
>What do you plan on doing with a suppressor why do you need to make a gun quiet
>just wear earpro
>those who live around shooting ranges just need to deal with it like similar to trains and planes
>all ranges should just be indoors to reduce noise instead
>think of all the murders that will be committed
i swear to god arguing with these kinds of people is impossible and just dont waste the fucking time
>>
>>29553135
>I'll take things that didn't happen for $500 Alex
>>
>>29550677
I don't know if this is what she means or she's just stupid, but in a way it is true. A lot of people have been shot with 'unloaded' guns.
>>
>>29558769
Not op, and you make a good point, but I think she's just ignorant
>>
>>29550677
>Why did my dad marry such a dense woman?

He beat the dog over the fence?
>>
File: 1453949579293.gif (109 KB, 209x193) Image search: [Google]
1453949579293.gif
109 KB, 209x193
>Ask female coworker if she owns a gun
>says "No, i have kids"
>>
>>29558553
Given that the main selling point of guns is to shoot them, it would make sense people who get guns would take them out to shoot. Why are you so convinced this doesn't happen?
>>
File: 1460130260147.png (47 KB, 1441x742) Image search: [Google]
1460130260147.png
47 KB, 1441x742
>>29553026

>Gun crime goes down you say?
Learn from history by looking at my country....
>>
>>29553286
Tell them that criminals aren't real men, and you have to carry to level the playing field
>>
>>29550677
>rights are not absolute
I hate this meme so fucking much.
>>
Friend yesterday came over that i haven't seen in years.
> Why do you have guns?
After some talking he finally accepts this
> Are your guns in the safe? *points to my safe*
> One is but the other is by my bed
> why wouldn't you keep them in the safe?
> what?
>>
>>29553286
>waaaa violence and masculinity is baaaad
>JUST USE UR FISTS BREH
>>
>>29559002
because I know more gun owners that don't shoot regularly than those like myself that do.
>>
>>29554422
Checked
>>
File: 1362025489145.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1362025489145.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>29550759
Underrated
>>
File: 0e3.png (344 KB, 460x696) Image search: [Google]
0e3.png
344 KB, 460x696
>>29550759
>tw I don't know if I should use that one or "all of them"
>>
>>29557196
>took the bait
>realizing it's parody and commenting it's like reading hentai

Okay pal
>>
File: 1455369819062.jpg (304 KB, 1038x1008) Image search: [Google]
1455369819062.jpg
304 KB, 1038x1008
>>29554889
>>29556735
Y'all can't into google or something?
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/204431.pdf
Guncite.com is also good.

>>29557393
Robots + drone swarms in the near future, maybe....
>>
>>29559475
Use the how many you planning to have. Its much more personal.
>>
>>29558480
>literally this autistic
do you have no concept of "common knowledge"?
If you've ever been to a gun range you'd know just about everyone there meets or exceeds both the qualification AND the minimum round count each time they shoot. Sure someone could start doing exit polls of gun ranges, then compare the self reported statistics to some of the more in depth cop surveys but no one fucking cares that much. Because anyone with two brain cells can correlate the "average gun owner" with shooting more than 60 rounds a fucking year without needing a goddamn gallup poll to confirm it.
>>
>>29559575
it was stated as "Proven"

so show me you fuckwit. but you can't. because it isn't true.
>>
>>29550759
>how many you planning on having
my sides/10
>>
>>29559575
The discussion isn't about the average gun owner that goes to the range, it was about the average gun owner.
>>
>>29550677
Because, for the price of a keg cup and some taco bell he got fucked and sucked like it was his last night on earth.
>>
File: fortyk.png (101 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
fortyk.png
101 KB, 292x257
>>29554532
>>
File: how many.jpg (224 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
how many.jpg
224 KB, 500x628
>>29550759
>>
This one is my own sister:
>enjoys shooting as a sport/hobby, nothing more, nothing less
>opposes trophy hunting; completely for hunting for food
>now you're probably thinking "Oh, she's just a fudd, that's not so bad"
>wrong
>she's against civilian firearms ownership
>believes that only the military & police should be allowed to own guns
>but wait a minute
>hunting and going to the range are generally civilian hobbies
>she legitimately believes that only military & police should be allowed to enjoy those hobbies
>everyone else can just fuck off
>wants to disarm all civilians
>she sees nothing wrong with this
>she's in the air force, therefore it's "okay" for her to enjoy shooting as a hobby
>>
>>29550759
You are among friends here /k/omrade.

Those fair weather cunts would have fucked you in the long run anyway, best to sift them out early.
>>
>>29559618
it is true, you're just too autistic to put two and two together. If a gun owner shoots two boxes of ammunition a year he has shot 40 more rounds than your average police officer.
>>
>>29555736
Don't feed the troll.
>>
>>29559866
>40 more rounds than your average police officer.

are you a total fucking retard? He would have shot 40 more rounds than the worst police officer's REQUIRED shooting, not the average for police officers!

>If a gun owner shoots
exactly. IF. not every gun owner shoots two boxes a year. Every police officer is required to shoot every year
>>
File: IMG_7850.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7850.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29550677

my buddy grew up with me and is now an anti fun. we fucking grew up shooting bb guns together and playing counter strike and doom and shit like that. we also used to go shooting at his brothers farm all the time. idk how it happened.

on the subject of having a pistol in my night stand
>thats a security blanket
>'why, because criminals are all highly trained navy seal assassins? criminals are morons and dont train or ever go shoot'

he was in town a few months back and we were loading up my ar 15 magazines
>can these blow up by putting them in there?

on assault rifles
>you dont need one. criminals are using these everyday to kill a ton of people

he literally thinks nigs are using aks in killings all the time, like bandits in africa or something. when i showed him that actual assault weapon deaths are less than 20 people a year, he refused to believe me. the willful ignorance is infuriating.
>>
File: assault rifle.png (27 KB, 587x526) Image search: [Google]
assault rifle.png
27 KB, 587x526
>>
>>29553135
>Things that happened
>>
>>29559771
I hope your sister gets raped by a superior officer, no offense
>>
File: 3risbcx.jpg (77 KB, 666x499) Image search: [Google]
3risbcx.jpg
77 KB, 666x499
>>29558178
>friend #3 is ex-military and somehow got to keep his m4
>>
>>29559771

I hope your sister dies a painful death before she manages to procreate
>>
>>29559771
Tell her that the chairforce has no need for guns, only planes. She in particular has no need for guns since she sets at a desk all day.
Also:
>"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"
>>
>>29555613
>you're racist for thinking rapists deserve death
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>29553135
Sides for the side god
>>
>>29554422
T r i p l e D u b s
>>
>>29560179
Maybe anon is just remembering it wrong.

I have friends in the military too. They have hilarious stories to tell, but when I retell them to other people, I end up fudging a lot of the details because I just don't know how everything works, and I don't know the exact terminology.
>>
>>29551823
>>friend thinks that guns should be harder to obtain
>>thinks government needs to do background checks and go into medical history to try and weed out psychos

Am I fucking high right now or doesn't the government already do this?

In my state, if you've ever been committed to a mental hospital and/or adjudicated mentally incompetent you cannot purchase a gun.

Same obviously goes for felons and people who have had any misdemeanor drug/alcohol/DV convictions in the past 5 years (after which you can purchase, so long as no felonies on record).

I have zero issue with that kind of restriction. I just bought a gun today and I was done in 20 minutes because i'm not a felon and i'm not insane.
>>
>>29561567
>Am I fucking high right now or doesn't the government already do this?
you must be, because they don't
>>
>>29561598

explain.

I mean i know I can put whatever the fukk i want on my 4473 form. But according to state statute, here at least, being committed or adjudicated mentally ill by any state agency = noguns.

You can get a medical cert of course that says you are no longer mentally ill. But that is probably pretty hard to obtain for some people for obvious reasons.

Is this not the case in other states? (i'm aware the feds probably aren't checking shit)
>>
>>29551877
>and almost every time the OP was working with an 'unloaded'

unloaded and "i think its unloaded" are 2 different things
>>
>>29554703
An Updated Assessment of the Federal Assault
Weapons Ban: Impacts on Gun Markets and
Gun Violence, 1994-2003
Report to the National Institute of Justice,
United States Department of Justice
By
Christopher S. Koper
(Principal Investigator)
With
Daniel J. Woods and Jeffrey A. Roth
>>
File: lmaojs.gif (486 KB, 197x142) Image search: [Google]
lmaojs.gif
486 KB, 197x142
>>29554422
Witnessed.

>>this sharpie is now a knife
>>use your fists to defend against it
lmao I've done this and I demonstrated the 27 foot rule, I made my fat coworker fall over a safety railing and scream like a bitch because he actually thought I had a knife. (after I told him "see this marker? pretend it's a knife" and he saw me hold it up)

also,
>try to upload witnessed.gif
>connection error every time
>>
>>29561805
>>29554725
https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/204431.pdf
>>
>>29551877
>almost every day there's an ND thread
yea, and I find that suspect. Sometimes they use the exact same pictures in the threads too. I counted the 'oh fuck guys' thread with the hole in the front door "oh I shot into the hallway of my apartment" thread and I have seen it 3 times.

Seems like a campaign to me. It has all the necessary ingredients, threat to the public, (apartment building), makes gun owners look irresponsible, and makes guns more scary. "I knew it was unloaded'.

I'm sick of that shit. I calling it, it's an devious anti-gun bot.
>>
>>29550677
She's kinda right, most ND's are the result of an "unloaded" gun going off...
>>
>>29555727
.23 or larger.
>>
>>29556751
>"Comedy" Central
>>
>>29555736
> how liberal eurocucks justify letting waves of rapists into their countries.

I hope you get raped to death. Man love Thursday is a real thing.
>>
File: tumblr-lies-bus-game.jpg (33 KB, 421x510) Image search: [Google]
tumblr-lies-bus-game.jpg
33 KB, 421x510
>>29553135
Of all the things that didn't happen, this didn't happen the most.
>>
>>29560179
Srsly
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.