[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is South Korea not given sufficient nuclear arsenal to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
Why is South Korea not given sufficient nuclear arsenal to be able to annihilate DPROK threat if they try something funny?

How many nukes of what kind would they need to render arty capabilities of North useless in, say, 10 min.? Would strategic nukes be needed?

Why are these weapons not given to the South?
>>
America is throwing billions at them every year. They like this and don't want it to change.

Trump 2016
>>
Why does Worst Korea need nukes to destroy North Korean artillery?
>>
>>29549241
>Why is South Korea not given sufficient nuclear arsenal to be able to annihilate DPROK threat if they try something funny?
Because it's a violation of the NPT. Among other reasons.

>How many nukes of what kind would they need to render arty capabilities of North useless in, say, 10 min.?
This is like asking what kind of hammer is best for brain surgery.

>Would strategic nukes be needed?
No.

>Why are these weapons not given to the South?
Because it's a violation of the NPT and for a ton of other really good reasons.
>>
>>29549339
>This is like asking what kind of hammer is best for brain surgery.

Hold on. You're saying South Korean counterbattery can destroy 95% of DPROK arty systems in 30-50 km from border in 10 minutes?
>>
>>29549427
Not that guy but they probably could
>>
>>29549427
It would take more than 10 minutes just to get authorization. The point is worst korea can steamroll best korea just using conventional weapons. They do not for many reasons, not the least of which is the same reason China won't do anything that might destabilize Pyongyang, they don't want to deal with the resulting refugees.
>>
>>29549427
No. I'm saying that setting off dozens of surface bursts 30 km from your capital city is a very dumb.
Just like using a hammer to open a cranium for surgery is dumb.
>>
>>29549427
here is the funny thing, they don't have to

as long as NK has deployed their heavy artillery as they are now, large scale aggression from their side will not happen
>>
>>29549467
This.

The norks could be conquered in two hours with a lax ground assault
>>
>>29549241
because the cold war sucked and we dont need another
>>
>>29549241
The first Bush administration fucked up and announced it was announcing the removal of all nuclear weapons from SK when it really just wanted to remove the artillery warheads and keep the B61s in place. But NK responded positively and so they didn't want to sabotage the latest round of negotiations by clarifying what they meant, so the B61s went too.
>>
File: 65537537537.jpg (365 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
65537537537.jpg
365 KB, 750x725
>>29549339
Can you tell us how the US/SK would deal with North Korea if they:

A: Started firing artillery at Seoul and invading

B: Fired an ICBM at Guam or something
>>
>>29551455
A: mass counter battery fire followed by occupation of the DMZ plus 10 miles

B: canned sunshine
>>
>>29549302
Your an idiot and so is Trump. The first thing you learn when you come to Korea is how they pay for half of everything.
>>
>>29552702
>mass counter battery fire
Except now DPRK 300mm MLRS will outrange anything the US/ROK has short of ATACMS
>>
File: 1459720025237.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
1459720025237.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
>>29549427
Why doesn't ROK install/build batteries of battleship sized artillery south of the DMZ to use against the DPRK's artillery batteries and in general to use to secure the DMZ and attack various targets just north of it?
Imagine ROK bombarding DPRK artillery and various other areas close to the DMZ with with "firecracker" rounds.
>>
>>29549241
Because they might threaten Japan next, lol
>>
>>29554850
Japan is Nuclear weapons capable on their own within a few months at any given time.

Also, South Korea Would not be dumb enough to threaten japan with nukes.
>>
File: 1402468345030.jpg (30 KB, 265x417) Image search: [Google]
1402468345030.jpg
30 KB, 265x417
>>29554829

>Nuclear shell
>>
>>29549467
Eh, if North goes first with surprise chemical weapons in support of a conventional thrust. If they do the normal thing of dispersing and moving their SCUDs in peacetime, it's hard to reliably predict such an attack.

I'm no number cruncher, but I do think that a chemical weapon attack against unprepared US and SKorean troops could give the North a fighting chance.
>>
>>29549241
>Why are these weapons not given to the South?
Because you don't give fucking weapons of mass destruction to other nations.

The fuck is wrong with you? In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
>>
>>29554902
How would that even work? It's all mountains.
>>
>>29554930
Some parts yeah, but others seem to have less steep elevation.

I'm no expert though; my focus is more on missiles and warships.
>>
China would flip shit, they don't need a million best korea refugees flooding their border, they certainly don't want them to be irradiated too.
>>
>>29554984
The winds blow north in the summer anyway.
>>
>>29554829
>firecracker
>9 acres of frag grenades
Holy shit I need this.
>>
>>29555026
Yes, and the North often practices in chemical warfare gear.

I absolutely believe that the US and South Korea would win, but it's as though you think the North Korea would fight in the most boneheaded way possible.

I think that chemical agents, in the form of persistent agents against airbases and temporary agents against tactical threats on the DMZ would figure into their war plans, because that's how they train.
>>
>>29555104
I have to imagine most of their plans involve tunnels under the DMZ.
>>
>>29555142
Afaik yes, though I don't see the point you're getting at
>>
File: DMZ tunnel.jpg (106 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
DMZ tunnel.jpg
106 KB, 620x387
>>29555142
Those are just love tunnels
>>
>>29549241
Nuclear proliferation is bad
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.