[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: lil-wayne-make-it-rain.gif (1 MB, 652x389) Image search: [Google]
lil-wayne-make-it-rain.gif
1 MB, 652x389
Blue team: one fully armed and operational carrier strike group. (Approx cost $40-50 billion dollars +7000 sailors)

Red team: a wave of 1000 air launched anti ship cruise missiles. (Approx cost $1 billion)
>>
>>29547046
Red Team
>>
>>29547046
100-200 missiles would be enough.
>>
>>29547105
are you daft? 50 billion in arms would be enough to shoot down a thousand missiles and still be enough to pay for your mother last night.
>>
File: b747.gif (41 KB, 595x166) Image search: [Google]
b747.gif
41 KB, 595x166
I've always liked the transport bomber concept.

Basically civilian airliners with doors and rotary racks full of missiles/2000lb bombs.
>>
>>29547046
Costs do not include whatever the hell infrastructure you used to get 1000 air launched anti ship cruise missiles within range of a carrier strike group. Not to mention why in hell the planes that launched those missiles weren't engaged outside their launch range by carrier-borne fighters. Not to mention why the airfields that launched said fighters weren't bombed out of existence before this happened.

TL;DR: There is more to war than simple cost vs cost analysis.
>>
>>29547046
I truly despise that nigger.
>>
>>29547165

air launched, ground launched out of shipping containers, whatever. Cruise missiles have like 800+mile range right?

>implying the CSG knows in advance which direction the missiles are coming from and already has AWACS/fighters patrolling in that direction
>implying this missile swarm isn't a suprise first strike
>implying USAF will always have uncontested air dominance
>>
>>29547283

Cruise missiles =/= AShMs
>>
>>29547046
Blue Team.

Red Team consists entirely of missiles, but not the planes to launch them from or the pilots to fly the planes.

>>29547283
You know nothing about AShM or radar.
>>
>>29547317
You know nothing about missiles and the limitations of CSG defenses.
>>
>>29547358
I know that Granits and Oniks have a range of 600-625km.
>>
>>29547283
Ok son, let's see you gain that air superiority with nothing but a thousand missiles sitting on the deck. Let's see you get that first strike capability when you have no targeting systems painting the blue team.

Now, you did specify AIR LAUNCHED, immediately before falling back on "Muh disguised launchers" but I'll let you have your shipping container bullshit. You might be able to get away with parking a thousand disguised launchers on a ship or spit of land somewhere near a CBG. What you're not going to be able to do is point any kind of targeting radar at said CBG without them knowing, and subsequently blowing your ass to kingdom come.

You're saying shit like, "Mounted horsemen are irrelevant because I've got all these spears." Spears are effective weapons. They are effective against mounted knights. If you don't have the logistics, personnel, training and tactical acuity to use them effectively, they aren't going to magically win you a war.

War isn't Rock Paper Scissors. It's not really about the weapons you have. It's about getting those weapons where your enemy doesn't want them to be, and using them to wreck his day. Which is kinda what the whole Carrier Battle Group concept is about. It's not invulnerable, but it's a decent concept, refined over the years and we use it pretty well to project power. You might be able to destroy a carrier or two with a hidden bullshit alpha strike, macross style, but you can't really project power that way. It's a arms concept built around striking your enemies weapons, not his body. The only way you win is if he get's tired of you hitting his hands and stops playing. Which might happen with the US the way it is right now, but that's political. Tactically, it's unsound to depend on your enemy being weak willed.
>>
>>29547425

>US military is omnipotent and omniscient and no enemy could ever be smart or competent and we will never take any losses.

This is what you sound like. Faggots like you are the reason our military has turned into the largest welfare program on the planet. Please kill yourself before your arrogance and incompetence gets Americans killed.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.