[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ how would you argue for suppressors with an anti gunner that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: suppressor_categories_1.jpg (204 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
suppressor_categories_1.jpg
204 KB, 800x533
/k/ how would you argue for suppressors with an anti gunner that is afraid of "some one using it to kill people"
>>
muh ears

muh tinnitus
>>
>>29544844
That is never happens? Seriously look up crime rates for silencers. Less than 30 a year, almost all of them paperwork violations (crossing state lines without permission).
>>
>>29544844
I mean, to be fair, when i've considered murder, i thought of either a knife, or a suppressed handgun.

and im pretty sure id get away with it
>>
>>29544850
WHAT WAS THAT?
>>
>>29544844
-normal gun shot 150+ decibels
-good suppressor maybe gives you 35 dB less
-you would hear someone with a running chain saw behind you, wouldn't you? Surpressed weapon is in the same loudness category
Also argue about noise pollution, better for people living near gun ranges and during hunting season for people and the animals
>>
>>29544844
You shouldn't be talking to antigunners
>>
File: 1447045825641.jpg (46 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1447045825641.jpg
46 KB, 569x802
>>29544878
Prolly nah
>>
>>29544922
They aren't against owning
Guns, but they just argue you would never need it and there is no need to suppress a weapon just wear ear pro and most shootinguys ranges are no where near others or are indoors
>>
>>29544909
THANK YOU, I DIDNT THINK ANYONE WOULD NOTICE MY NICE NEW HAT
>>
>>29544860
Was getting caught part of their plan?
>>
>>29544974
WHAT? YOU BOUGHT A DOWNTOWN FLAT?
>>
>>29544950
>ANTIgunner
>Not Against Guns.
People on the fence, and sheltered people are one thing, Antigunners are something else, Dont associate yourselves with someone who would rather watch you suffer and die than to actually help you if you really needed it the most.
>>
>>29545015
WHO SHOT TOWSENDS CAT?!
>>
>>29544844
Tell them the "silencers make guns completely silent" myth is just a myth. And what this Anon said >>29544917
>>
>>29545070
>>29545015

I-IM NOT FAT!
>>
>>29545084
I'm arguing with some one that understands that, but still argues there is no reason to own one>>29545113
>>
>>29545127
u dun NEEED a silncer!!!1
>>
>>29545127
As the other Anons said
>hunting
>for people who live near ranges
>home defense

I mean, you could just ask them if they believe in personal responsibility. If they do then they'd have no reason to be against against any of the things big boys are allowed to have.

In the case you're arguing with a female, you'll never win or get it through her thick head.
>>
>>29544950
Hearing protection is inadequate for the bulk of firearms. The best possible dB reduction is like 40 dB which can be achieved with 30dB muffs and 30dB plugs. As you can see in the thermometer chart, this reduces the loudness of a shotgun to the noise of a jet engine. With the addition of a suppressor, the firearm can be hearing safe when used in combination with doubled up ear protection.

Usually when I explain this to people they come around to my position. For the idiots yammering on about assassins, I tell them about countries like Finland, Switzerland and the UK where silencers are not restricted. Additionally, I challenge them to think of a mercenary assassin not from a movie, and one that would actually use a silencer. It's just not a problem we have in any society, the real assassins work for governments, like Robert Mugabe and all the "car accidents" his enemies have.

The chainsaw is a good point. If someone was chainsawing your neighbors, would you hear them?.
>>
>>29544844
Looking to try and get one in australia?
>>
>>29544909
MAWP
>>
>>29544844
use the truth. Mention how Norway, a country even the worst anti gunner will say is reasonable, doesn't regulate suppressors, because it's stupid.
>>
>>29544844
That they are fucking retarded and ask them to prove their fears using empirical data, not what they've seen in hollywood.

Then cite all the positive use for suppressors.

>>29544860
Suppressors don't require a 5320.20, unless you mean crossing over to a state where they are illegal.
>>
>>29545172
>you don't need clothes
>clothes are only useful to assassins for hiding weapons
>if you need to carry things you can bring a bag
>if it gets cold just stay inside
>>
>>29544844
I'd point out how most guns used in murders are small shitty handguns because they're easy to conceal, and when you screw on a foot-long can to shave off a few dB, concealibility goes out the window, and you still have a noticeably loud gun.
>>
>>29544844
Tell them it's a gun muffler and that if criminals wanted to kill people with them, they could've been doing it the whole time, because they're stupid simple to make.
>>
Tell them it traps lots of powder residue and lead particles that would otherwise get released in the atmosphere.
It reduces your carbon footprint.
>>
>>29544860
You can't cross state lines without asking?

I live on the Missouri/Kansas line. Have land and family in both states and regularly shoot in both. Been thinking about getting a can but if it's that much of a hassle I'm not going to mess with it.
>>
>>29545187
>you only need one shot and if you miss your fault
>people who live near ranges should just deal with it, they chose to live there
>just use a smaller caliber for home defense like 22 or 9mm
Arguing with these people is like talking to a fucking blonde. I appreciate the input /k/
>>
Tell them they are going to get shot either way, might as well not hear it and die blissfully ignorant.
>>
>>29545264
I used that example and all I got back was
>yeh well duh the gun laws are super strict there so it doesn't matter
>>
>>29545521
Why would I want to hear the one shot loudly?

Gun ranges close down all the time due to noise pollution from suburbs that have been there less time.

I don't trust my life to a smaller caliber in my house.
>>
>>29545536
but that was an example of how Norway actually DOESN'T have that strict rules, in some cases.

Or, are they willing to say some gun regulations are unneccessary?
>>
>>29544844
Post info about how non-existent crimes committed with nfa devices are.
>>
File: 1459950804809.png (200 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1459950804809.png
200 KB, 2000x1333
>>29544844

In Norway suppressors aren't only legal to buy for anyone, but our government encourages people to use them.

This has something to do with the general public finds the noise of a shot more annoying than knowing that suppressors exist.

I personally own only one, because I dislike all the gases and muck ending up in my receiver and magazine, but I could easily get more if I wanted to.
>>
>>29545883
Can't you get fined for noise pollution? Also suppressors are a hell of a lot cheaper that a set of hearing aids.
>>
File: 1457438608186.jpg (437 KB, 1388x885) Image search: [Google]
1457438608186.jpg
437 KB, 1388x885
>>29545903

Depending on the caliber you're shooting, you would still benefit from hearing protection. On average you only suppress about 30 dB of the sound.

I haven't heard about anyone being fined for noise pollution, but there's always that one cuck who moves into a neighborhood in close proximity to a shooting range, which later have the balls to whine about noise. Sadly these fuckers have manged to shut down quite a few ranges over here.

Sad times all over..
>>
If anyone is going to kill someone they'll just fucking make a suppressor in about 20 minutes. They're not complicated.
>>
>>29545247
no i was just having an argument with some faggots i know, and there talking about physiological checks for buying a gun, and i brought up the hearing protection act and basically it varied but it was more or less
>you dont need one
>theirs no reason to own one just use hearing protection
>who ever needs to buy a suppressor is sketch af senpai
>>
File: rsz_31atf.jpg (577 KB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
rsz_31atf.jpg
577 KB, 2656x1494
>>29546027
i have yet to bring that up, or even show them how easy and cheap it is to make a solvent trap
>>
>>29546002
/pol/
>>
File: 1460198148611.jpg (32 KB, 478x470) Image search: [Google]
1460198148611.jpg
32 KB, 478x470
>how would you argue for suppressors with an anti gunner that is afraid of "some one using it to kill people"

how the fuck would you kill someone with just a suppressor?
>>
>>29544850

EEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I wouldn't argue. I rather talk to my cat about the issue because even he has more sense than an anti gunner.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.